Ruth's Chris Steak House - Sarasota
6700 S. Tamiami Trail
Sarasota, FL 34231Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Sarasota
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/3839/Sarasota
- Phone: 9419249442
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Charles W. Amherst
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Catering in Sarasota, FL - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: No matter what the occasion, Ruth's Chris is the perfect place to gather. We will work with you to customize any menu to meet your needs and budget. Work one-on-one with our Private Event Manager to select the right room and configuration, accommodate your A/V needs, and help enhance your event with floral arrangements and more.
- Private Party Contact: Deborah Ball 9419249442
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Sarasota
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Sarasota, FL serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Sarasota - Best Restaurants in Sarasota ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Sarasota reviews from OpenTable diners
31 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (25)notable wine list (13)fit for foodies (11)romantic (9)good for groups (8)vibrant bar scene (5)neighborhood gem (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- Anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/20/2014Avery pleasant dining experience. I had mentioned that it was our anniversary upon making the reservation and requested a booth. There were rose petals and a note signed by the staff wishing us a happy anniversary on the table when we arrived and then they brought us a free dessert of our choice. The steaks of course were wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I haven't EVER had a bad mealloveruthchrisDined on 3/8/2014I haven't EVER had a bad meal or bad service at Ruth's Chris Sarasota. Dana, our server was her usual "ACES".... This is by far my favorite restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable as alwaysNancyVIPDined on 3/7/2014Food was delicious and our server was pleasant The sides are a must. I ordered the Mac and lobster which was great.Special Features:
- Marvelous Dining ExperienceSmoothie6Dined on 3/7/2014My wife and I celebrated our 50th anniversary here recently. The experience far exceeded our expectations. We arrived at the restaurant and were promptly seated at our reserved time. Our table was decorated with flower petals and a beautiful bouquet of flowers our children had arranged for us. A bottle of champagne was table side, provided free of charge by the restaurant. I can't say enough about the service. We had at least five or six waitstaff attend to us during the evening. There was not an empty glass or used plate to be seen for more than a minute. The moment something needed attention it was attended to. The food was excellent. The portions of the side dishes were generous and shareable. Give this place a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/1/2014wasn't as stand-out as I would hope for the price. Everything was good not great. The exception was the Bread Pudding, which was outstanding!Special Features:
- Ruth's Chris SarasotaDianneDined on 2/28/2014This is a poor excuse for a Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. The food was pedestrian by any means. We have dined at the same name restaurant in Grand Rapids, Michigan and the food was by far superior. The server recommended the steaks be ordered at a temperature one lower than usual. What a mistake.! The medium came out rarer than normal. The chicken tasted like it had freezer burn. The manager was non existent except when to come over to tell us to move our car since it was too close to another patron's car. In actuality the old woman was parked over the line and had plenty of room to back out. The issue here was how the manager handled the situation. Get it together RC Sarasota.
- THE WORST R.C.S.H I'VE BEEN TO1OPENMOUTHDined on 2/15/2014This location is well over due for a makeover inside, I felt like I was in a average restaurant for the prices I was paying. Nothing nice of an ambience, their bar looked and felt like an airport bar, just to pass time before you enter the bla dining area.
- Great ExperiencePrincessBeeDined on 2/14/2014It was my first time there, it was very busy being Valentines day and all but everything was timely. We had reservations, got there early (30 mnts prior to res) the seated us within 15minutes, quiet corner as we asked. The servers were friendly and prompt, especially surprising since they were booked (not one empty table). The server was nice, recomendation was very much appreciated. We had an excellent evening, food was tasty, desert was delicious. Would go there again. As my husband puts it. "Worth the price for such good food".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dress CodeGeneralDined on 2/14/2014Even though I made this reservation over 90 days early, we still waited over 30 minutes for our table. Also, lack of having some type of dress code takes away special occasions such as Valentines Day. Customers were wearing cut of shorts, blue jeans, flip flops and others in coat and tie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently greatOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/8/2014We are regulars at Ruth's Chris for many reasons. The food, drinks and service are just as consistently excellent as could be. Never a poorly-cooked steak, always a good pour and an original take on a classic cocktail, and team service that is efficient and friendly. The staff operates as a well-oiled machine from front to back.Special Features:
- Our Fave Place!DisappointeddinerDined on 2/8/2014We are from Texas and experienced this Ruth's Chris 2 1/2 years ago. Could NOT wait to go back, it was that unforgettable! Took our family back just last week. Again, it did NOT disappoint!!! Can't say enough good things about Ruth's Chris, Sarasota! It's the little things that made it so extremely enjoyable.....waiters stopping to talk and joke with us, anniversary card and rose petals on the table, friendly valet drivers, etc. We just don't have that in Austin!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Anniversary-Special DinnerBarbdDined on 2/5/2014Requested to go to Ruth's Chris for our 20th anniversary, and was it special! They always have the best steak. And the sweet potatoes are to die for! After dinner we were presented with a special dessert, and there were rose petals on our table when we were seated. Awesome food, awesome place. Not cheap, but definitely the best there is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the food is outstanding atKatieBDined on 2/4/2014the food is outstanding at Ruth Chris and so is the service! Absolutely perfect from the time we walked in to the time we left!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was celebrating birthday andluluDined on 2/1/2014Was celebrating birthday and they decorated the table. Thought it was a nice added touch.Special Features:
- Excellence OverallCrusader21Dined on 1/27/2014Without exception we loved the food, the service and the full experience. Our server, Gerald, was perfect in termis of timing and advice.Special Features:
- Just average food.... Poor Service.LOLADined on 1/25/2014Waiter was overwrought, did not pay attention to our order. We kept having to repeat our requests and ask over and over for drinks, butter etc. It just made the evening unpleasant... We were so focused on the poor service, we couldn't really relax into our meal, We were looking for a nice leisurely evening of dining, instead we just couldn't wait to get out of there.Special Features:
- Always delivers a top notch diningTowner54Dined on 1/24/2014Great meal, great service. Consistently meets or exceeds your expectations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruth ChrisSparklesDined on 1/20/2014It was a very nice experience although if I had one criticism it would be vegetables and food has way too much butter, my sprouts were very greasy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner for 6SueMcKDined on 1/15/2014Service, food, wine all very good! Bagged our 3rd bottle to take home. Scallops excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary experiencericardoDined on 1/12/2014We celebrate our anniversary with you every year. You help create an exceptional dining experience! We will continue to look forward to future visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never a disapointmentilikefoodDined on 1/4/2014Amazing steaks! Delicious sides! Huge portions. Cannot wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Essen sehr fein! Sehr angenehmesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/3/2014Essen sehr fein! Sehr angenehmes Ambiente und netter Service. Kommen immer wieder gerne hierher........Special Features:
- The place to go for a good steakMikemDined on 12/31/2013My wife and I were very happy and pleased with the steaks we got. However, we were a bit disappointed in some of the other food items we ordered. I got the barbequed shrimp and it was good but way too mild. I could barely tell it was barbeque and absolutely no spice. We also got the lobster macaroni and cheese and it was kind of bland. My wife was very happy with here surf and turf (two medium sized lobster tails and a filet). The only other glitch was that they brought out our main courses while we were still eating our appetizers - a big mistake for such a fine restaurant. Our waitress was excellent. She was very attentive, friendly, and helpful. Overall a good experience but don't go unless you plan to get a steak.Special Features:
- Food Quality and Serviceasbury319Dined on 12/31/2013Service was outstanding! The food quality did not meet the expectations that we hve experienced in the past while dining at your facilities. Perhaps it was a result of the rushing of the holiday season. Specifically the quality of the 12 oz. Ribeye steak; the cooking was perfect but the meat was unusually tough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/29/2013Another grand time with grand food and service as we celebrated our wedding anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was outstanding and serviceAmazingRuthsDined on 12/28/2013Food was outstanding and service is best in town!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas DiningMakeitgreatDined on 12/25/2013Great service, from the moment you enter the door. Excellent food and variety, and the bar offers a great happy hour with $7 cocktail and appetizer specials. Decor beautiful for the holidays,too! Staff friendly and very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- incredible food (best steakswendyDined on 12/25/2013incredible food (best steaks in sarasota--#2 doesn't even come close no matter how many competitors open). service professional but not officious, real humans with warmth.Special Features:
- Christmas dinnerMBohDined on 12/25/2013Outstanding food and service made our Christmas dinner memorable. Also the complimentary family photo is a keepsake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Lovely ServiceBetty941VIPDined on 12/19/2013If you are in Sarasota, and looking for a nice, fancy restaurant for a special occasion, Ruth Chris is for you. We went for my birthday celebration, and due to opentable's reservation, we received a wonderful dessert complimentary. so nice when a restaurant takes that little extra effort to make things special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- surprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/15/2013First time at Ruth's Chris, and was surprised that the strip steak was so fatty and gristly. Very tasty, but a lot of work to separate the meat from the "cut-a- way parts". Show stopper was the sweet potato casserole side dish - the best we have ever had- yummy. Service top notch.
- SuperbEf27Dined on 12/10/2013Could not fault the food - it was delicious - the wine recommended was excellent - staff attentive - would definitely recommend and look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steaks69erVIPDined on 12/10/2013Love the Filet Mignon. And so glad they brought the Banana Crème Pie back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice slow-paced dinnerDrDeeDined on 11/28/2013We enjoyed a nice, slow dinner; even though it was Thanksgiving and the restaurant was busy, we did not feel rushed. The most delicious items were the salads. I had a green salad with beets and a champagne dressing that was excellent. I also had Salmon and it was very good. My husband had a green salad that was probably large enough for a lunch entrée, and he enjoyed it immensely. The only thing we were not wild about was our seating. I was against the wall, booth style, and my husband facing me in a chair, so he was staring at a wall (and me, ha, ha), rather than able to take in the ambience of the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent restaurantMaryDined on 11/28/2013Lives up to its reputation - the food was excellent (served as ordered and hot on arrival) and the service was excellent. The prices were high, but you get what you pay for. Portions were large and they were ready with doggy bags. Great atmosphere, very attractive restaurant, not noisy even when filled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable eveningLuv2dineDined on 11/16/2013Everything was wonderful. The food , service, selection and ambience combined for a very enjoyable evening. We ordered different types of steaks and found them to be cooked perfectly. The vegetables/ side dishes were delicious. Our favorite is the creamed spinach but we have not tried any that we have not enjoyed. It continues to be listed as one of our favorites restaurants for a very nice meal.Special Features:
- Had an excellent experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/9/2013Had an excellent experience at Ruth's Chris steakhouse in Sarasota. The manager even recognized me from my visit to the Tampa restaurant over a year ago.Special Features:
- Great Foodejd77Dined on 11/9/2013We enjoy going to Ruth Chris Steak House, no it's definitely not inexpensive but I would rather pay the price and get great food & service than pinch a penny and regret going out for dinner because of not so great food and not so great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistentCiteeGirlDined on 11/8/2013This is a great spot for almost every dining situation. It's pricey, but you know that going in and you get what you pay for. Service is usually spot on, we had someone new so there were some inconsistencies but overall, it was very good. We love this place and think it is one of the best Ruth's Chris we've been to.Special Features:
- Disappointed in SarasotakarenlovestodineoutDined on 11/1/2013Ruth's Chris is usually a favorite go-to for fine/special occasion dining. This time, not so much. While my filet was cooked to perfection, my sister ordered hers medium + -pink center, but no red- and when she cut into hers, it was red, as in almost "walking". The waitress came over and she agreed it was not to her specifications and took it away. She ate the "side dishes" and waited. A few minutes later, the same steak came back and while it was now cooked as ordered, because it had just been re-cooked, it was dry and tough and as she said "not any better than a cheaper restaurant where you pay half the price for". There was no compensation offered, not even a free coffee or dessert. At Ruth's Chris prices, this is unacceptable!Special Features: