Favaloro's Big Night Bistro
545 Lighthouse Avenue
Pacific Grove, CA 93950Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Favaloro's Big Night Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.favalorosbignightbistro.com/
- Phone: 831-373-8523
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Wednesday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Sicilian
- Executive Chef: Nino and Marie Favaloro
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Counter Seating, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for planning your menu.
A word from Favaloro's Big Night Bistro
This inviting and exciting bistro serves the best Italian and seafood fare in the area. Participants of the Monterey Bay Aquarium Seafood Watch Program serving all sustainable foods. All is prepared when ordered and desserts and bread are made daily. A real mom and pop restaurant! Family run and operated where a husband and wife team do all the cooking and baking daily. Nino was also a commercial fisherman and has knowledge on fresh fish and shellfish. You have to try the Monterey Bay Spot Prawns and the Cioppino. Menu items include an array of appetizers, salads along with a fresh soup of the day and many pasta selections. Our Meats selections include milk fed veal and steaks. We also serve a large selection of fresh fish and shellfish and raw oysters. Nice evening specials nightly. Whether out for a romantic dinner for two or family and friends...we will make it a special night here at the Big Night.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Favaloro's Big Night Bistro - Best Restaurants in Pacific Grove ›
Favaloro's Big Night Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
45 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (33)fit for foodies (26)special occasion (20)romantic (19)notable wine list (12)good for groups (4)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)hot spot (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- good food in a modest settingLocaldinerDined on 2/22/2014Italian based but with a wide variety of options - unlike "Joe Rombi"- the hot crab avocado special was excellent! If anything the portion sizes are too generous.Special Features:
- Very enjoyable and recommendedWineDineDined on 2/15/2014Great oysters, good caprese salad, cioppino and veal entrees were excellent. Looking forward to trying other menu options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Favaloro'sMoon57VIPDined on 2/8/2014Starting with the genuinely friendly server and ending with the port, this was a great dining experience. This restaurant only serves wine and beer and BTW, the beer was retrieved from their establishment next door. None the less, the mindset of this place is to make your dining experience one that you'll remember for being almost at home. The sea bass was excellent, and the accompanying vegetables were awesome. All of my guest loved their meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- There is no better Italian!!goodfoodgoodwineDined on 2/7/2014I love that Favaloro's is consistently phonemenal, from the service to the quality of the food. Our server, John, made outstanding recommendations that would pair well with the Dawns Dream Pinot Noir I brought in with me. This guy knows his stuff, let me tell you. We started with the Gorgonzola Gnocchi and steamed clams appetizers, for entree i had the short ribs special and my friend chose the Ninos Best, and both were outstanding. Dessert was tiramisu, and I don't know how I will be able to eat anyone else's tiramisu again, Favaloro's is simply the best. This is a small, family run restaurant that makes you feel like part of the family. You can see, hear, feel, and taste the passion they have for what they do. Authentic in every way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must when in the area!GManDined on 2/6/2014We have eaten here on many occasions and the food is always excellent. The atmosphere is great and the service is excellent as well. They make you feel like you are at home but the food is way better and they serve plenty of it! Well worth eating here when you are in the area.Special Features:
- Great food and ambianceFoodforlifeDined on 1/24/2014This restaurant is great for a romantic evening. The food and the service were impressive. I would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little Gem!JoyfulDined on 1/18/2014The hotel we were staying at suggested this spot for my birthday dinner . What a delicious meal we had! The oysters are amazing! Be sure to make a reservation, all the tables were full :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Servicedublin5Dined on 1/18/2014Despite arriving late, we were welcomed and seated right away. We thoroughly enjoyed our evening's dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My husband and I enjoyed oureihleaVIPDined on 1/4/2014My husband and I enjoyed our meals. The food was very good, as was the service. We'll return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly and fit for foodiesUpbeat50Dined on 12/24/2013My wife and I enjoyed the friendly Staff and excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Intimate Italian diningHungryDiner1Dined on 12/21/2013This is a small family run restaurant, good menu, quiet refined dining. Felt like Italy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, Great ServiceKerryloves2travelDined on 12/3/2013This place was a perfect spot for dinner with 5 friends before the Bed & Breakfast Dec Holiday viewing. Homey & great service. The panko avocado with crab was absolutely delicious. A must try item. All pasta dishes were cooked perfectly and sauces light & tasty. Pear & gorgonzola salad was fresh , refreshing & crisp. Begin enough to split. Just reopened it Aug due to fire, my firstt time there & I will def, return. Waiter was friendly & reallymade us feel like we were eating at his home. Try this restaurant. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 11/30/2013The service was friendly and well-paced, and the food was excellent, from appetizers to desserts. The environment was cozy, but it was very cold in the restaurant; I almost put my coat back on. Other than that, we had a great experience and look forward to returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner was perfectomrweekendgetawayDined on 11/23/2013Dinner was excellent! The steak was a nice cut and cooked to order. The seafood was really good. Service was very good. Everything was really really nice. They don't have a full service bar.....that's a bummer but they do have some good local beers and a pretty good wine list. If ur in PG and looking for a nice cozy place to eat this is it. Check it out.Special Features:
- Big NightsJamieVIPDined on 11/17/2013Fabulous!! Our favorite restaurant in Pacific Grove!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable meal!DandCDined on 11/9/2013We had a great meal at Favaloro's and its easy to see why it is so popular. It was busy on a Saturday night but we got right in, seated and greeted. The service was great - knowledgeable and helpful. Everyone was very friendly, and professional. I had veal, which was delicious and a big portion. Spouse had a pork shank special, which was truly 'fall off the bone' yummy. We also enjoyed a tasty lemon sorbet, light and refreshing. It was a very enjoyable evening; we will definitely be back to try more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply DelliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2013The food, atmosphere and service are all five star here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I cannot wait to go back here!OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 11/1/2013I cannot wait to go back here! It is a small restaurant located on Lighthouse Avenue in Pacific Grove. We were seated promptly at a nice window table. Our waiter was most attentive and explained all the specials. I chose the lamb shank with polenta, only to discover that it wasn't available. The waiter was quick to mention some other items, and I chose the duck confit with rice pilaf. The duck was very, very flavorful and no knife was needed. Portions were generous. We split a heirloom tomato with burrata salad, and the pumpkin mousse for dessert. My husband had the veal saltimbocca; very nice size and again, no knife needed. There were many other items on the menu we really want to try. Definitely will be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favolaro'sChuckDined on 10/25/2013This is a great little place. The food and service are always first rate.Special Features:
- Felt like familyDessertfirstVIPDined on 10/19/2013This place is awesome! We wanted a quaint table in the window, so we were told to go next door, to their cafe, to wait for our table. Our waiter's little brother works there, and we got a glass of wine to split while we waited. It was probably 10 min. Appetizers, entrees, dessert, wine, it was all tasty and well prepared and presented. Even though we were on vacation, we figured most people inside were residents. We will definitely be back to Favaloro's, and we will definitely be back to Pacific Grove. What a beautiful, laid back, proud community.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing dinner at a great restauntLocalPagrovianDined on 10/19/2013It so nice to see this great family restaurant reopen even nicer than it was before. We began Carpaccio di Manzo thinly sliced prime beef in a lemon caper sauce, and specialty of the house Oysters on the Half Shell both were great. My wife had the Flat Steak with a blue cheese butter that was cooked to perfection. Absolutely delicious. I had the Spaghetti Bolognese (not on the menu but they are happy to make it upon request) The pasta's sauce was perfect and of course the heaping spoonfuls of cheese the server added (John) certainly helped. Our server helped us select a nice half bottle of wine and we were in heaven. Don't miss out on this restaurant truly a neighborhood gem. Can't wait to come back and try their many seafood dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gemKeyslifeDined on 10/13/2013We really researched the area looking for a good Italian restaurant with a good full menu selection. Favaloro's fit the bill. Unexpected though was the quality of the food combined with the attentive wait staff along with the charming atmosphere. Away from the tourists, ( even though we were tourists ourselves) , we had an unbelievable evening. Niño and Marie should hear high praises!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful dining experienceOutnAboutDined on 9/27/2013Recently we went back to Favaloro's, which had been closed for extensive remodeling after a bad fire 2 years ago. This restaurant had alwasy been one of my favorites and it was better than ever. Favaloro's is a small, family-run Italian restaurant. The decor is classy and pleasant. Our server was excellent, well-informed, and never pushy or in a rush. He recommmended a very good Pinot Noir that went perfeclty with our meal. We shared 2 appetizers - first some mussels in a tangy and tasty sauce and then some gnooci in a creamy sauce. Our main courses were excellent and perfectly prepared. Sitting by the window, we lingered over coffee and dessert. The entire meal was a delightful experience. Welocme back, Favaloro's!Special Features:
- Best in the Monterey AreaBobMDined on 9/20/2013Italian Seafood restaurant - One of the very best in the Monterey areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Visit Since FireOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/13/2013What a pleasant surprise Favaloro's has become (again)! We arrived with a reservation and were led to a table right adjacent to the service runway between kitchen and outer dining area. We requested a quiter and more intimante dining spot. Our host quided us to a quiet spot (a table for two) next to a fireplace which added ambiance. The service was remarkable, the menu extensive and the meal superb. We can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely friendly staff!ValleyXPlantVIPDined on 9/6/2013My wife and I visited in early September and had a great meal. We also really enjoyed talking with the staff. This is a family owned place and the staff seems to feel like part of the family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- couldn't have had a better nightmaambrosVIPDined on 8/31/2013I will admit I was skeptical because of the name. Every review was 4 stars which also made me hesitant, but now I know why! In my reservation I had asked for a corner table, we were seated away from the crowd in what felt like our own little paradise. The restaurant is so warm you feel like you're at grandma's for Sunday dinner. And the food just might make grandma a little intimated! Everything was prepared beautifully and the flavors came together perfectly! I had the ravioli in a sage and butter sauce with cremini mushrooms and my boyfriend had the gnocchi in a light butternut squash sauce. Both pastas are prepared in house. The service (Al I believe) was the best; friendly and unobtrusive. What a beautiful night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- John Favaloro waited on us...OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/23/2013I could have written a more detailed review of the 4-courses of food we had at Favaloro's than the OpenTable word limit allows...the short version: Wine by the glass is slightly lacking but their bottle listing is at least navigatable. All specials for the evening including the unique panko crusted deep fried avocado with crab salad stuffing to the freshly prepared and house made dough for the artichoke ravioli were wonderful. Some moscato and spumoni for dessert and we left Favaloro's happy, satiated and wanting for our next visit! We'll be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- what a pleasant surpriseeat4alivingDined on 8/17/2013restaurant was near pebble beach concours. picked it because of proximity and nothing else. what a pleasant surprise. Great neighborhood restaurant. Food was great, service was great and the waiter was a character. had a great time. wine list could use a little expanding especially with some better Italians, but it is California and they are stuck in the California rut. If you are in the area, definitely worth a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad to have my favorites back.CoppertopVIPDined on 8/16/2013This group of people and the food they prepare and serve have been a family favorite for many years. It is so nice to have them back. I love the gnocchi, sand dabs, cannoli, and the special is always delicious. Save a little room for dessert. The marscapone with berries is delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favaloro's returnsJohnBVIPDined on 8/13/2013After 18 months, Favaloro's has reopened. This family owned Italian restaurant in Pacific Grove is a treasure. The pasta is fresh, the service is friendly and the specials are outstanding. This is a perfect place for wine lovers and couples. Make reservations as Favaloro's is quite small.Special Features:
- Best Italian/Seafood in this AreaMikey4uDined on 8/10/2013The "Bistro" reopened this week and much to our joy everything was just as it was the day it closed. A host of delicious and creative appetizers and substantial and very fresh salads are available. Our favorite entrees Chilean seabass scampi and Nino's Best (squid and eggplant baked pasta casserole) were done to perfection and truly delicious! The chef and wait staff have family ties and treat the business that way and did not hesitate to welcome and greet familiar customers from many prior years. The wife also assured me that there was a quite substantial wine selection! The menu is extensive and includes all the Italian favorites not just sea food. Do yourself a favor...get a reservation and stop in.Special Features:
- A quiet family run restaurantSharonDined on 8/10/2013A quiet family run restaurant with consistency in the food. Once you have ordered a dish, you know it will be the same the next time. Always the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/9/2013A romantic bistro setting with consistently, fabulous food. This family run restaurant has a beautiful Sicilian decor and a quality selection of wines, to match your dinner selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Open againOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/8/2013We have waited for the reopening after the fire and were not disappointed at all. The food was just as we remembered great Italian food and great service. We will be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved everything about myOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/7/2012Loved everything about my evening at Favaloro's. The warm atmosphere, the friendly and personal attention shown to us by the server to the well planned out menu. Our dinner was prepared perfectly from the appetizers to the dessert. One place I love to come to each and every time I am in Pacific Grove.Special Features:
- Dyanmite Big Night Out!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/1/2012Favoloro's BNB is a great place and a wonderful find! We live about 2 and half hours away but love going here. John has been our waiter every time. He's very knowledgeable about wine and food, friendly and helpful. Most of the fish menu is local, thus sometimes wonderful and most times very good. The presentation of every dish is never pretentious and always beautiful. Combined with a trip to the beautiful beaches of Monterey Bay, this is always a great trip!Special Features:
- had a great time; small, andOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/27/2011had a great time; small, and can be noisy with larger groups (we had a couple of 8-10 groups at the same time, so it got hectic for a while). The service was a little slow, mostly due to group demands at other tables. The whole crab was fantastic, and the pasta was very good. Interesting menu, with a variety of choices that should please almost anyoneSpecial Features:
- Our first time in this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/24/2011Our first time in this restaurant was on Christmas Eve. Altho the food was good, we felt rushed and the wait staff was not very attentive. Loved the decor and may have to try it on a more relaxing evening...not a holiday.
- This was our first time atOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 12/9/2011This was our first time at Favalaro's and we could not have been more pleased. All four of us had 4 different veal dishes and each one was fantastic! The atmosphere is very cozy and the service was superb. We will be back, for sure!Special Features: