Ruth's Chris Steak House - Coral Gables
2320 Salzedo Street
Coral Gables, FL 33134Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Coral Gables
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/3823/Coral-Gables
- Phone: 3054618360
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Friday: 11:30am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday 5:00pm - 9:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Rodger Ortiz
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in Coral Gables, FL - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: Ruth's Chris - Coral Gables can accommodate from 12 to 100 guests for private dining.
- Private Party Contact: Samuel Guido-Cisneros 8772321174
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Coral Gables
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Coral Gables, FL serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Coral Gables - Best Restaurants in Coral Gables ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Coral Gables reviews from OpenTable diners
103 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (78)notable wine list (41)good for groups (40)romantic (37)fit for foodies (22)neighborhood gem (20)vibrant bar scene (9)great for lunch (9)hot spot (9)great for brunch (7)kid-friendly (7)late-night find (5)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great experienceHeatfanDined on 9/30/2013The food was great, ambience was perfect for the occasion, and the service was superb. No complaints. The chopped salad is a must if you are trying a side salad. You may want to order meat slightly undercooked how you normally would because serving plates are 500 degrees to keep meat cooking while you eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top notch experienceEnmscDined on 9/28/2013We visited Ruth's Chris with two other couples to enjoy the last of Miami Spice. Impeccable service, delicious food, lovely restaurant! The only possible negative was the lack of chocolate on the Miami Spice menu! No choice of dessert; deliciously creamy cheesecake with luscious fruit... but I would have preferred chocolate!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent meal, but...DiverDined on 9/25/2013My wife and I enjoyed the meal we had. The food was delicious and the ambience was sophisticated. However, we would have enjoyed it a little more if the service wasn't so slow. It took a while for the waiter to attend to us and then an even longer time for him to request our dessert. This waiting time became frustrating. Nonetheless, as stated, our meal was exquisite and would give it another try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food but...bobbyVIPDined on 9/22/2013Have gone here about 4 times and the food is always great. The service has been hit or miss. And this last time they shut the AC OFF towards the end of the night and after asking to turn up the AC it was shut off minutes later. Don't expect that from a high end restaurantSpecial Features:
- Romantic dininghotrodDined on 9/22/2013My first date with a special lady. So I chose Ruth's Chris.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank you Miami SpiceMauaquiDined on 9/20/2013What a wonderful place. With the Miami Spice menu an exquisite expensive restaurant was affordable. For $23.00 we ate filet mignon, mashed potatoes, lobster bisque and dessert. The ambience was classy. The linens and table settings impressive. The service excellent. We were attended to as if we paid full price. The filet mignon you could cut with a fork. Plenty of lobster in the lobster bisque. The mashed potatoes were nothing special, just plain tasting mash. The cheesecake and fruit dessert fantastic. If you have extra cash, this place is great for a special occasion. If not, wait until next year and hope they again offer a Miami Spice menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best of Miami SpiceRonHDined on 9/14/2013We love Ruth's Chris Steakhouses, normally. However, we took friends for Miami Spice and found the menu and food to be the best we have ever had from Miami Spice. Service was perfect. A great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!DonnaDined on 9/13/2013Great service and food making a birthday celebration a night to remember. The table was nicely decorated with confetti and the fantastic waiter took our picture and presented the birthday girl with the photo before our leaving. We were extremely pleased with the everything!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great steakhouseMelB1384VIPDined on 9/8/2013Always a favorite for a great meal. Our server Jeffrey was excellent. Would ask to sit with him again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wow!foodyDined on 9/8/2013Our server was awesome!!! The food was amazing!! Its my new favorite place!! I understand that because of the high quality of food the prices need to be where they are, i just wish it was a little less so i could visit more often :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly RecommendedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/1/2013Highly recommended for private intimate moments as well as celebrating special occassions with a love one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceSmilesDined on 8/31/2013Great experience. Food cooked to perfection, excellent customer serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always great food and greatJPDineVIPDined on 8/31/2013As always great food and great service. That is why keep coming back.Special Features:
- Great Steakhouse!where2goDined on 8/23/2013We loved our meal here - staff was attentive and friendly. Steak was huge which was a big hit for my husband and son. Excellent wine list and fun vibe - not stuffy at all. Creamed spinach delicious too. Only negative - Lyonnaise potatoes and onion rings - not anything special.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service were bothchristieVIPDined on 8/23/2013Food and service were both excellent! Very good Miami Spice menu. Wonderful evening!Special Features:
- Keeping high qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/22/2013Ruth's Chris keep the same food and service quality even in Miami Spice menu, that we don't see in many other Miami Spice restaurants, where they offer low quality dishes and poor service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/17/2013What more to say? They are consistent! Always know you can count on them for great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- avoid miami spicecoolairDined on 8/16/2013Typically this is my first choice for a quite upscale dinner- going there at least every other week. James is our favorite waiter- he aims to please and will customize your martini olives with blue cheese, anchovies, etc. However, when we arrived last night the place was jammed and we were seated in a small table which was practically within elbow room of others. We could hear their conversations word for word- certainly not conducive to a relaxing night. We left and found a more civilized location for dinner. Great place- but not during Miami Spice!Special Features:
- Consistently Better SteakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/10/2013THere are many big brand steak restaurants, each claiming to have the best quality beef, Ruth's Chris continues to excel among them for consistency, in our experience. This recent visit, following others at competing restuarants, was evidence of the fact. We tend to be filet -- and often small filet -- eaters, and find it is very hard to get them right, particularly with smaller sizes. Ruth's Chris seems to do better than most. They are all pricey, and this one s certainly no exception, but the ambiance in the internal dining room particularly is nice, the service is very good, at the least, and the steaks are consistenly delivered (three out of four on this occasion, which was better then most). Everyone in the family agrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall, a fine eveninglegendaryBobDined on 8/8/2013The service was very good - and I enjoyed the atmosphere thoroughly. The quality of the food was less that I was expecting for a restaurant with their reputation. The beef was outstanding, however we had a bad batch of scallops.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Miami Spice should be betterOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/8/2013We frequently visit Ruth Chris but were deeply disappointed this time. We ordered the Miami Spice menu and the steak was of low quality; we ended returning it. It seems that rather than encourage new business with this promotion someone opted to give the low cuts and ends of meat in this promotion.
- Excellent as usualBroncoVIPDined on 8/8/2013Enjoyed an early dinner at one of my favorite spots. Food was great, service also great. Brought a bottle of fine vintage Bordeaux from my cellar to enjoy with my meal. Quite enjoyable all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely Amazing!IluvruthchrisDined on 8/5/2013I go so , many times to Ruth Chris and not once have I left disappointed. The minutes you walk in the door you are treated like a queen. Servers are polite, never get an order incorrect. Obviously , the food is amazing!!!! A++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steaks done just right!OEB14Dined on 7/20/2013For all the new upscale steak houses that have opened in Miami recently, Ruth's Chris still tops them all in quality of their steaks and in how the prepare them. They know the difference between medium rare, medium and medium well unlike most other places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet dinnerMarnatalvDined on 7/19/2013The entire atmosphere seems serious. It was very quiet and many older couples.. Not bad if you want a calm romantic dinner. The Cesar salad is amazing! The steak was great and cook temp was exactly what describes in the menu (medium well). The only thing I did not like was the sweet potato casserole it was a bit too sweet but other than that I probably would have liked if I could even enjoy it. The plate and food were scorching hot to the point it even burnt my tongue. It was not enjoyable at all. Other than this it was all a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Meal ... Outstanding ServiceMiamiJayVIPDined on 7/5/2013My wife and I dined at RC's with two other couples and had a wonderful time. As usual, the steaks were cooked to perfection and came out sizzling in butter-laden hot plates (thankfully, my cardiologist was not dining there this particular evening). Our server, Anna was wonderful and very accommodating with our various requests even being kind enough to run my cell phone out to us after I left it on the table at the end of our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner!PattiPattiDined on 7/5/2013My husband and I both choose the 3 course fixed price menu! I had seared scallops delicious w the spinach and strawberry salad & goat cheese! Yum. My husband had the filet and shrimp! The filet was cooked to perfection.. We. Both had the mini creme brûlée cheese cake! The end to a perfect meal. Service was impeccable !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Being there on an "off night"Kfamily4VIPDined on 7/4/2013My family of four dined at this location 4th of July evening. The place was very quiet. We usually experience when a restaurant is quiet the service usually suffers as customary the help is "cut" but at this Ruths Chris for this evening, the service and the entire dinner on completely "on point". There are absolutely no complaints as the server called me by my name and had excellent recommendations. 90% of the time, the servers are always accommodating (there is one server who does not like to veer off the menu) and this one was no exception. Will always be coming back for a followup.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Going down hillGables007VIPDined on 6/29/2013This just to be one of the best places for a great steak in the Gables, however the place has been going down hill over the last year, I would much rather go to Morton or Christy's, the ambience is much better and the Steaks are age.
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/23/2013Had a wonderful time dining out with the family! Service was outstanding. Food served perfectly as requested.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FANTASTICTRADUCTORDined on 6/22/2013I CAN NOT USE ANY OTHER NIGHT. A TRULY FANTASTIC NIGHT. THE PLACE IS EXTREMELY COZY, FOOD EXCELLENT TO MATCH THE SERVICE. A PLACE TO VISIT OFTENSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodilala819Dined on 6/22/2013The food was really good, however the service was too slow for my preferenceSpecial Features:
- Expectations met and exceededOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/20/2013My wife, daughter and I went for dinner to celebrate my 30th bday and were very pleased with the experience. We arrived on time and were seated right away. The service was excellent as expected. Marcos our server was very attentive and knowledgeable. The pace of the food was great. The Restaurant Week menu was an added bonus as we got a great value for the meal. The lobster bisque was delicious but could have used a bit more lobster. The 6oz Filet was seasoned and cooked to perfection- the shrimp was an awesome combo and great portion sizes. The creamed spinach and mashed potatoes were amazing. The cheesecake with berries was decadent but not too sweet. Overall, a great experience as expected from Ruth's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lucky visitRCGenjoyingDined on 6/16/2013Unadvertedly set our reservation during the Coral Gables Restaurant Week, which came as a very pleasant surprise. Great food and great value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My first time in this placeGigiDined on 6/16/2013My first time in this place and the experience was AWESOME, the attention was SPLENDID, the food was DELICIOUS, evrything was PERFECTSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in Coral GablesMerciDined on 6/14/2013I enjoy the happy hour offered because the food and drink choices are great. The restaurant food is excellent and the service fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant with greatSherryVIPDined on 5/26/2013Great restaurant with great food and service. Made our double anniversary celebration very special. Love the quiet atmosphere.Special Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/24/2013As always, Ruth's was incredible! Delicious food, great service! Was our wedding anniversary, at the staff went above and beyond to make us happy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruth's Chris remains my favoriteJhurlVIPDined on 5/24/2013Ruth's Chris remains my favorite steakhouse even with all if the trendy ones that seem to open weekly. The quality of the food is excellent and the service is superb. The only issue I have is the lack of a lunch menu. Ordering from the full menu restricts this to a special occasion only place for mid-day dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went to celebrate a friendsBrentDined on 5/11/2013Went to celebrate a friends birthday. All of the staff was very helpful and attentive. Our waiter provided excellent service and the food was perfect. One of the most tender steaks I've ever had, could cut it with a fork.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.