Ruth's Chris Steak House - Coral Gables
2320 Salzedo Street
Coral Gables, FL 33134Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Coral Gables
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/3823/Coral-Gables
- Phone: 3054618360
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Friday: 11:30am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday 5:00pm - 9:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Rodger Ortiz
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in Coral Gables, FL - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: Ruth's Chris - Coral Gables can accommodate from 12 to 100 guests for private dining.
- Private Party Contact: Samuel Guido-Cisneros 8772321174
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Coral Gables
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Coral Gables, FL serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Coral Gables - Best Restaurants in Coral Gables ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Coral Gables reviews from OpenTable diners
107 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (80)good for groups (43)notable wine list (43)romantic (39)neighborhood gem (23)fit for foodies (23)vibrant bar scene (11)hot spot (10)great for lunch (9)great for brunch (7)kid-friendly (7)late-night find (5)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Very good but one step from greatFrancisHDined on 4/26/2014Great service, and good food but the steak lacked consistency and the swordfish special was nothing special. New York was solid and tasty, but my kids both took Filet and one was good but the other not so good which had veins and making it somewhat tough. And the swordfish was generally tasteless except for the butter it was sitting in.
- Great DiningLindaDined on 4/25/2014One of our favorite restaurants. They serve great cocktails, their steaks are excellent and cooked to perfection. Both food and service are outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinneri82dayVIPDined on 4/24/2014I arrived at 6 party of 2. Service and food was great. Nice and quite at that time of day. Our server John did a great job with the wine and Sergio the servers assistant was on point with keeping things tidy. Great teamSpecial Features:
- BettyVIPDined on 4/18/2014THe service was slow unusual for that particular location, food was ok meat i guess salads quality went down perhpas because of the EASTER HOLIDAY .. hope next time is better we always enjoyed the place
- Very Bad Ruth's ChrisgreatVIPDined on 4/11/2014My wife and I eat at Ruth's Chris monthly. It is one of our favorite places to eat. We live in Indianapolis and eat at them often when we travel. This one did not get my wife's steak cooked right after sending it back. Mine was cooked ok but did not have the taste I am used to at Ruth's Chris. Service was a struggle also. I had to go find the manager to get my bill so I could pay for this horrible meal and leave. I do not recommend this location. we are eating at the one back in our hometown tonight just to make it up to her. I hope if you try this location. you have a better experience than we did. I threw $180 away on a poor meal.Special Features:
- Outstanding service and foodRaymacDined on 3/22/2014Outstanding service and food quality. Never a disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Heavy and FatteningLulabirdVIPDined on 3/22/2014This is an ideal restaurant if you have no cares about eating healthy. Of course, it's a steak house yet, there should be sufficient options if you are not a meat eater. They were out of Maine lobster at 7;30 on a Saturday night. Everything was doused in butter and/or cream. The healthier choice was a seabass or barbeque shrimp. The sea bass was good but the BBQ shrimp was inundated with heavy sauce served on of a very rich mashed potatoes. It's no wonder that the majority of diners were quite heavy. Our meat eaters were happy with their steaks.Special Features:
- Excellent food, unattentive serviceLewisDined on 3/20/2014We went to the restaurant to celebrate my son's birthday, at the beginning the service was just ok, but after the food was served the waiter (David) just disappeared, we finished the main course, and after 15 minutes waiting for the waiter to order desserts we asked another server to help us out, He talked to our waiter but He came to help us after another 5 minutes so we decided to leave without dessert and finish the occasion at home. The food was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything on pointKfamily4VIPDined on 3/20/2014It was anniversary time and this Ruth's chris did not disappoint. They even had a special table with decorations and card all ready. While this was great the food and service was fantastic.Special Features:
- Excellent for special occasions!CarolineDined on 3/15/2014We wish we could go every week! But budget being what it is, we reserve our trips here for special occasions. The food is excellent and the service awesome. My soup (on the classic menu) was of the right balance of taste - not sure how they can do any better. The rest of meals were fantastic too. We just wish we could go more often :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a great service this timeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/9/2014From the four dishes ordered only one came ok after a long time waiting. Explanation from server: there was a large group(?) in a private ambience. Didn't they know beforehand the groupnwas coming? One stake was overcooked, one was raw, both were ordered medium. One side was cold. After re-orderd, returned uncooked. As a reward, we got two free desserts. It was my wife birthday and our 24th weding anniversary. Julio was a great server, but unable to make up for the frustrating service coming from kitchen team. Too expednsive for such a frustrating service in a very very special celebrarion day.
- Return to Ruth ChrisSavmanDined on 3/2/2014Scheduled a birthday celebration for my son with five of us. The service was outstanding. Overall almost all the dishes were superior. My only negative comment has to do with the steak which was a 12 ounce ribeye that have a lot of fat running through it. For the level of what Ruth Chris's supposed to be compared to a capital Grille I expected better quality steak for The prices they chargeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/25/2014There are many high end restaurants here in Coral Gables, FL. They differentiate from each other by ambiance and service. The food at most of these high end restaurants are all terrific. The ambiance is loud in all of them but the main difference between Ruths Chris and the other restaurants is service. From the moment you walk in to the time you walk out, you are treated special and as if they actually want you to come back. To me, I do not wish to spend a lot of money just to get upset at the service. None the less, I give this restaurant an A+ for the waiter and the manager.Special Features:
- Best First Time ExperienceKingNeptune07Dined on 2/21/2014This was my first experience at Ruth's Chris and it was an amazingly unforgettable one. The food was amazing, delicious stuffed chicken and perfectly cooked steak. Treated like seasoned guests and felt like home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst anniversary ever.RolandoDined on 2/15/2014You think they would get the food right, wrong, waiter was nice, when she was around, will never go back, there are plenty of restaurants in the Gables, live and learn, is not what it used to be. I had to eat by myself, since my wifes food had to go back two times.
- Best steak ever!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014The only place you can have a filet minon as juicy as a ribeye!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinnerJACKIEDined on 2/14/2014our dinner experience was good although, one of the steaks was over cooked. A waiter passed by and smacked my husband with a table cloth on his face...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love Ruth Chris. The serviceCE49VIPDined on 2/14/2014We love Ruth Chris. The service is greta, friendly accommodating. We definitely are repeats. Carlos and Eneida Valdes-LoraSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As usual a perfect dinnerLboeruDined on 2/8/2014The food is excellent without limiting the variety. The waiters are trained well. Expensive but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful meal as usual. ConsitentlBirthdaydinnerDined on 2/8/2014Wonderful meal as usual. Consitently good. Will return many times.Special Features:
- As always the Ruth Chris presentedOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/7/2014As always the Ruth Chris presented us with an great experience.Special Features:
- Amazing as always!IluvruthchrisDined on 2/5/2014Highly recommend Ruth Chris the food and service is amazing! I love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, as usualBroncoVIPDined on 2/1/2014Once again, great food and service for our party of 9. No complaints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as usualBroncoVIPDined on 1/24/2014Dined with a group of 7 recently. I arrived first and round table, as I requested, was set up and ready to go. My requested server was assigned to my table and we all had a wonderful time. The only minor flaw was that they did not have the proper glass to serve a special port wine I had brought from home. I suggested, and we used champagne flutes. This was a business dinner involving some very special clients. Thanks to all who helped!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a SolidOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/21/2014Great steaks and service. Food is always good and waiters are very knowledgable of wine pairings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birrhday SurpriseMariDined on 1/16/2014I loved the plkace, the service the FOOD SUPERB, I said it was my partners Birthday, table was decorated, got the BEST DESERT I HAVE EVER HAD, COMPLIMENTS of the restaurant. We had a great time, we are going bck for sure. Thanks!!! The service was SUPER SUPERSpecial Features:
- FloridaDueceVIPDined on 1/15/2014Food and service were excellent. Ruth's always performs at the top!Special Features:
- Best in TownwinendineVIPDined on 1/11/2014We know Mortons, Trulucks, Capitol Grille, and most other great steak houses in Miami area. Our dinner last week was the best ever at any of these places!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/3/2014The food is absolutely the best! I am still savoring the sea bass that my wife ordered. It was so tender and the seasoning so delicious and subtle. It is perhaps the best fish I have ever tasted! Given that this restaurant is a steakhouse, I was surprised by the quality of the vegan plate that I ordered. It included very tasty baby spinach and a distinctive sweet potato casserole with a pecan crust. My European relatives were very much impressed by the quality of the steak and the elegance of the interior. They thanked me repeatedly for taking them to this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I ordered a filet mignon toFoodieVIPDined on 12/31/2013I ordered a filet mignon to be cooked "medium" and I was served "medium well." The meat was dry, but I did not return the food because I wanted to eat dinner together with my companion and did not want to delay our meal any further.Special Features:
- Always a good timeJmartVIPDined on 12/31/2013My fiancee and I decided to go to Ruth Chris for our pre New Years Eve dinner and as always, we left 100% satisfied. The service is impeccable, the food delicious, and what I find most important, the staff never rushes you in any way, shape, or form (and if they did, I didn't notice it!). I highly recommend it as I believe they are one of the better steaks in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worthy of mentionTrinimamaDined on 12/27/2013Our group celebrated the wedding anniversary of an older couple. We enjoyed the food. Service was prompt. Will definitely return when next in Miami and will recommend this restaurant to our Bermudian family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb, as always...OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/25/2013excellent food, good service...always a treat to dine here and always look forward to going back.Special Features:
- We frequent Ruth Chris manyCE49VIPDined on 12/25/2013We frequent Ruth Chris many times. As always, the service at the bar is the best. The guys are friendly, warm and excellent with the customers. Definitely a place to frequent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy BirthdayRNA2Dined on 12/25/2013We celebrated my wife's big birthday on Christmas. The experience was great. They had a decorated table. The wine and food were excellent, and they brought a special dessert to top it off. She enjoyed it - a very nice celebration overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious steaksOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/24/2013I dined with my family at Ruth's Chris on Christmas Eve and had a great time. The starters were superb and you can't go wrong with the steaks. We enjoyed our meal and service very much.Special Features:
- Never regret goingYocieDined on 11/30/2013This restaurant has the science of great steak house completely mastered. The service was good although our server took over 20 minutes to take our tables order. The filet mignon, Brussels sprouts, potatoes and asparagus were all great. Definitely worth a visit for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food & Service!BrianaDined on 11/23/2013Our family (my father-in-law, husband, two children ages 8 & 10 and myself) felt right at home! Reservations were not a problem, though we did book well in advance. Our server, Ruben, was spectacular! Attentive and friendly, he made excellent recommendations as to food and drink choices and was especially helpful in choices for the kids. Steaks were perfect and so was the salmon. The dining room was quiet, which made dinner and conversation really enjoyable. All around this was a great choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best service everfernanDined on 11/15/2013the server jefferson and the sea bass was the best, the ribeye not goodSpecial Features:
- The food is amazing and theefecksDined on 11/11/2013The food is amazing and the steaks were great. It was a little loud considering there was a large group of men being extremely obnoxious. Either way it was great. My steak was cooked perfectly and so was my husbands. And desert was amazing as well. I would definitely go againSpecial Features: