Hollywood Prime - Westin Diplomat Resort and Spa
3555 S. Ocean Drive
Hollywood, FL 33019Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Hollywood Prime - Westin Diplomat Resort and Spa
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.hollywoodprime.com/
- Phone: 9546028347x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Anthony Dicillo
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Hollywood Prime - Westin Diplomat Resort and Spa
Hollywood Prime, located in Hollywood, Florida, sets the standards for seafood and steak house fine dining. This intimate dining experience offers the freshest catches and prime beef with impressive wine selections. Whether your palate desires a steak house or you are looking for a celebratory destination Hollywood Prime will certainly satisfy. Private dining rooms are also available and reservations are recommended.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Hollywood Prime - Westin Diplomat Resort and Spa - Best Restaurants in Hollywood ›
Hollywood Prime - Westin Diplomat Resort and Spa reviews from OpenTable diners
47 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (34)romantic (26)notable wine list (20)fit for foodies (14)good for groups (7)neighborhood gem (5)vibrant bar scene (3)scenic view (3)hot spot (2)great for outdoor dining (1)great for lunch (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/7/2014My first time visiting Hollywood Prime and it was outstanding. We ordered a (massive) prime rib and a tuna filet and both were amazing on every level, as was the service. I can't wait to have an occasion to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dining ExperienceKibiDined on 2/16/2014This was our first time at Hollywood Prime. The food was exquisite and the service superb. Our server Frank (from Philly) was a delight and made the meal even more special - his recommendations were perfect for us. My husband had the Tomahawk aged steak and I had the Swordfish both delicious. A great restaurant for those looking for a great steak and those looking for great fish and seafood alike. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/16/2014We came here to celebrate a birthday with friends. We had a fantastic time. The good was delicious & the ambiance was fantastic. The server was very knowledgable & didn't rush us & came to us when we needed him too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVELY DINNERCapefoodiesVIPDined on 2/16/2014Great menu. Food is always excellent. Service is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalRecsecDined on 2/9/2014The only thing better than the food is the service. Well worth the price!!! My wife and I dined there on Sunday and we are taking friends there on Thursday. Enough said!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Timer at Hollywood PrimeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/9/2014We were meeting friends from South Miami and this was an equal meeting place as we were driving from Boca. I knew in advance that it was going to be an expensive meal and the meal for 4 persons came to well over $500.00 with the tip. I ordered the prime rib at $54.00 and to my surprise and off putting,the portion was large enough to feed the whole table. The Meal was very good to excellent.... but we prefer smaller more manageable portions. The staff were excellent very friendly and very professional our waiter Diego is a character ,very amusing and certainly made our evening .Special Features:
- Great food,outstanding service.Ango631VIPDined on 2/3/2014Great food,outstanding service. The ribeye was cooked to perfection. They really made us feel special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice but expensive - $26 forOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/29/2014nice but expensive - $26 for a glass of wine. the cesaer salad was very average. the salmon and broccollini was very good.
- Great service!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/13/2014The service was amazing, definitely five star. Our waiter was personable and knowledgeable which was great. The food, while a good sized portion, was mediocre at best. I had the 20iz ribeye which was overlooked,lukewarm and lacked seasoning. My business partner had the surf and turf which was less than stellar. Dessert (chocolate cake) was equally as disappointing, but the wine was fantastic. Bottom line, you could pay much less and enjoy much better food.Special Features:
- Exceptional food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/30/2013The food was excellent, and the service was outstanding. All recommendations from the waiter were spot on, and all of us had a very enjoyable night. Try the French Onion Soup, Beef Carpaccio and Lump Crab meat appetizers... amazing!Special Features:
- LOVELY DINNERCapefoodiesVIPDined on 12/27/2013We loved this restaurant. Small and beautiful. Food was outstanding. The service was first class.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well worth the visit...PaulSVIPDined on 12/22/2013The best item on the menu is the double cut rack of lamb @ $60 you get 4 large double cut perfectly cooked & seasoned lamb rack. Enough to share a great dish & great choice. The duck tasting fell very short. The fois gras was fine, the duck hash subtitle & the duck breast cooked medium was un chewable . Noteworthy to mention the service was first rate ! Since we are actually guests at the hotel I do want to return to try the beef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was spectacular & soOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/18/2013Food was spectacular & so was service. Obnoxious large group next to me made it hard to enjoy this lovely dinner though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SteakAbbyDined on 11/13/2013Unfortunately the steak was disappointing, especially as it was the reason we chose the restaurant to celebrate my husband's birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely AmbienceMaleiaDined on 11/9/2013The room was great - like a gentlemen's club. Service was good too. We both had the foie gras and the Kobe style beef. Seasoning on steak was a bit too much - my husband and I enjoy heavy seasoning but I think other diners would have sent it back as it was very salty. Loved the coffee menu. Overall, a good experience but it is very pricey for what it is.Special Features:
- Fantastic Filet & Servicemplschris07Dined on 10/17/2013We enjoyed some of the best filet I've ever had at Hollywood Prime. In addition, Stone Crab season had just begun and I enjoyed at 9 oz claw with my filet. It was heavenly! And the seafood trio starter was the perfect way to start my meal. The service is second to none: wine and water glasses were always full without noticeably intrusive wait staff, when the hostess saw us taking a few pictures she stopped by and offered to take a few for us as well, and when we mentioned it was our anniversary she said "oh you should have told me" and surprised us with a special dessert at the end of our meal. The food and the service at Hollywood Prime are each top notch on their own merits, and when combined, it made for a night we won't soon forget.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's our 5th time going...It'sDrKellyK1Dined on 10/12/2013It's our 5th time going...It's perfect every time. Robert was an amazing waiter. Beautiful for romantic occassions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey but hey your in FloridaFloridaVIPDined on 10/12/2013Pricey but hey your in Florida on vacation. Great steaks and seafood. Service was unbelievable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fab steakhousenatabDined on 10/6/2013A small restaurant with a simple menu and perfect portions. The meats are EXCELLENT. The sides are pretty good as well. Over 300 nice wines to choose from. The desserts complete this culinary experience in the delicious way.Special Features:
- The hostess was ok but them2easyDined on 10/5/2013The hostess was ok but the server was excellent!! came from Chicago and worked there for over 10 years!! Well knowledgeable on the questions we asked. Very romantic atmosphere. Noise level was great for having intimate conversation. Wine list was average. Steaks were of great quality and thick.(over-medium)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DiplomatMagieVIPDined on 9/26/2013Every aspect of dinner at Hollywood Prime was outstanding. The service was attentive but not intrusive. The meal was cooked to perfection. The cheesecake was probably the best I have ever had. The pomegranate martini was a bit too sweet but the Cosmo was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Polished GemTeamFoodDined on 9/18/2013Was vacationing in FL and discovered this restaurant on Open Table while lounging on the beach. What an awesome treasure! Flawless food, decor, and service. We plan to fly down again just to dine at the fabulous restaurant.Special Features:
- 10 out of 10 in every wayclizdogDined on 9/9/2013I took my wife here for our sixteenth wedding anniversary, and everything about our evening at Hollywood Prime was amazing! Food, service, ambiance, decor...all 10 out of ten. The experience is a bit on the expensive side, but it's well worth it for a special occasion. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, large portionsMosesVIPDined on 9/2/2013The food was great, there was just way too much of it to eat. The side dishes are served family style and could feed 4-5 people. When it's just two of you dining a lot of food goes to waste.Special Features:
- Great Experience and Delicious FoodAlexPVIPDined on 9/1/2013This was our second time dining at Hollywood Prime - we eat here whenever we plan a weekend getaway at the Diplomat. The food and service was spectacular. Steaks are deliciously seasoned and perfectly cooked. We have gone to many, many steakhouses, and this is one of our top three. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Great upscale placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2013Make no mistake, Hollywood Prime is an upscale place with upscale prices. Service was excellent and the food was very good as well. I opted for the bone-in filet which was cooked perfectly. Wine list was very extensive as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbtonyDined on 8/24/2013Overall excellent. I had the 10oz striploin and my wife the filet which was done medium rare as she asked which many times it is not. Our friends had the lobsters which were great. Only the mushrooms seemed to have a little too much condiment. THe atmosphere was quiet for a nice conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak, the best in Hollywood.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/24/2013Great steak, the best in Hollywood. Great service. Nice venue.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfection at the Westinrhw500VIPDined on 8/10/2013My wife and I have been frequenting Hollywood Prime since 2002. For us it is one of a handful of Miami steak houses we call perfect. The food is consistently prepared to your perfection and reflects the highest quality. The service is simply the best. Ask for Robert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice relaxed dinning experienceAlbertVIPDined on 8/9/2013Food was delicious from appetizers to the coffee and desert. Service was outstanding, courteous, professional and knowledgeable. We expected it to be pricey and in that respect it exceeded our expectations. The ambiance is quaint, elegant although a bit boring not a place I would frequent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebratory DinnerjessiekirkDined on 7/20/2013We were two couples celebrating the husbands' birthdays. We had great service and the food, largely steaks and seafood was great. Would definitely recommend this restaurantsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Heaven at the Westin DiplomatOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/18/2013Truly a wine dinning establishment from the knowledgeable unobtrusive service to the impeccable wine list and nothing short of phenomenal food! David, Herman & Fabian created a wonderful evening. Truly a location that we will visit again. M.Bukowski Nashville, TennesseeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak house ! PeopleOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/16/2013Great steak house ! People were all great starting with the hostess.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing 1st anniversary dinner1stanniversarydinnerDined on 7/12/2013My husband Keith and I ate here for our 1st anniversary dinner and it was an amazing evening. From the second we sat down the service was all first cass. We both started with the amazing french onion soup and continued with the 8oz filet and delicious chedder mashed potatoes. The filet was served exactly how we ordered it and cooked to perfection. The added bonus since we are an SPG card holder we received a 10% discount and a free dessert, which was served to us on a clear glass plate with Happy Anniversary written in chocolate... this resturant is worth every penny the ambiance is so romantic. We will be dining there again 7/16 for another romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was impeccable. WishedShianneKDined on 5/25/2013Service was impeccable. Wished I had room to eat all of the white cheddar mashed potatoes myself.Special Features:
- date nightparty247Dined on 5/17/2013great place to dine on vacation and treat my girlfriend to a wonderful dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday SurprisesassyDined on 5/4/2013I was treated like a princes with a champagne toast and more!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Perfect Dining ExperienceDragonflyDined on 5/3/2013From the moment we arrived at Hollywood Prime the service was superb. There was high attention to detail in every aspect. The waiter was very friendly and knowledgeable about the menu and specials. Our food was sublime and the wait staff surprised me with a beautiful plate with three sorbets and Happy Birthday written in chocolate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very exclusive place. ExpensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2013A very exclusive place. Expensive but worth it. Absolutely romantic.Special Features:
- A must for steak lovers, andOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/19/2013A must for steak lovers, and for anyone else who wants a wonderful meal, steak or not. I don't know any hotel or restaurant that manages to combine elegance and friendliness as well as the Westin Diplomat and this restaurant.Special Features: