5 - 15782 Marine Drive
White Rock, BC V4B 1E6Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: CAN$30 and under
Washington Avenue Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.washingtonavenuegrill.com/
- Phone: 604-541-4244
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Seio Kitagawa
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Entertainment, Fireplace, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Music Wednesday-Saturday!
- Special Events: We can not reserve specific tables due to high demand.
The Washington Avenue Grill is one of White Rock's favorite restaurants offering an upscale casual dining experience overlooking Semiahmoo Bay.
We feature Pacific-Northwest cuisine, an award-winning wine list, live music, and delicious martinis.
WAG has earned an excellent reputation for serving high quality food with exceptional service at value orientated prices.
The ambiance is unparalleled because of our unique decor, high quality entertainment and breathtaking ocean view.
Guests can dine in the pristine glass atrium, cozy main dining room, or on the award-winning patio.
The Washington Avenue Grill is the bright yellow building located on the ocean side of east beach, next to Semiahmoo park.
For a unique and fun dining experience with a personal touch, have dinner at the Washington Avenue Grill.
Lots of free parking! We can not reserve specific tables due to high demand but do take requests.
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerNorthwest
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
- Our server was newer and whenHillbobagginsDined on 4/1/2010Our server was newer and when he brought our seperated bills (3 couples), they were all wrong. I wrote down what should be on which bill so he could easily change them, but after waiting for 10 minutes or so, we just made sure the grand total was covered and beat it. Apparently the computer system is difficult, so maybe they need to look into an upgrade. The food was outstanding as usual, but it would have been nice to have drinks with our meal. It took on average 10 minutes to get one!Special Features:
- The place is wonderful! There'sOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/1/2010The place is wonderful! There's a view of the water, and the decor is distinctly classy and yet comfy. My only complaint is the noise. The place is large, and when it fills up it's hard to carry a conversation anymore...and I went on a Thursday night. I'd still go there again, though, definitely. The food was perfect and the service was friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- Restaurant was packed fullOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/31/2010Restaurant was packed full at 7 pm on a Wednesday night! Made for no free parking in their lot. Had to meter park which is a pain on White Rock beach. Food presentation excellent, however could have been hotter. Had the seafood mixture on rice so lukewarm fish isn't the greatest. Very noisy table of diners, men hollering, etc. I was surprised management did not ask them to tone things down. Seemed acceptable which shocked me as other diners were obviously disturbed by it. I have had better experiences at this restaurant however, so would return again.Special Features:
- Good Atmosphere Good Service GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/31/2010Good Atmosphere Good Service Good Wine Great Food The 30% discount on the bottle of wine makes it an affordable dinning experience We Will Be BackSpecial Features:
- we went for a birthday dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/28/2010we went for a birthday dinner. the steak and crab were very tastie and went dowm smooth.service was great just a all around relaxing placeSpecial Features:
- One of my dinner guests hadOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/21/2010One of my dinner guests had a Seafood Hot Pot ( I think that was what it was called)...It had curry and coconut milk in it with seafood....Unfortunately this time she said that the broth was rather watery and lacking in subsstance...I tasted it and agreed..I enjoyed my meal for the most part..I had the Sunday Special of Surf and Turf....but I found the garlic mashed potatoes to be overcooked like they had been warmed too long and the vegetables also seemed overcooked....For the first time after dining many times at the Washington Ave.Grill....we were disappointed.....Wondering what has changed?
- The dining experience wasOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/20/2010The dining experience was very good. The food was great and the service was good. The tables are a little close togther so it is difficult to have an intimate conversationSpecial Features:
- Staff were attentive. No waitOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/19/2010Staff were attentive. No wait to be seated with on line reservation, even though there was a considerable door line up.Special Features:
- My husband and I enjoy goingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/19/2010My husband and I enjoy going to the Washington Ave. Grill. I do recomend a reservation. They can get busy but will usually be able to fit you in without one. The food is great and the survice is always good. Our waiter was very good and knew tons about the food on the menu. Hw was very attentive but not so attentavie that he was always in your face. We will continue to go back.
- This was our first visit toOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/13/2010This was our first visit to Washington Avenue Grill. The staff/servers were very friendly and attentive. The food was delicious! We will return. The only problem was it was very noisy.Special Features:
- The food was fabulous, theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/5/2010The food was fabulous, the west coast decor and scenery spectacular. One of my favorite local restaurants. Rack of lamb to die for.Special Features:
- A decent place in White RockOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/5/2010A decent place in White Rock that doesn't pretend to me any thing other than what it is. Solid in everything, just dont expect anything outstanding.Special Features:
- Food was good as always....OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/3/2010Food was good as always.... service was fine. A bit noisy but great for a group!!! Not for a romantic nightSpecial Features:
- We were seated in the patioOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/27/2010We were seated in the patio area and when the heaters kicked on it got very warm quickly. We did complain and were soon moved to the main area. We had 3 couples dining together and were running separate bills. The first waitress said that wouldn't be a problem but as a result of moving, our drink orders were quite mixed up. All in all, it worked out OK and we were fine with it. We have frequented the restaurant and have always been happy so we won't hesitate to come back. Our waiter did comp deserts so helped.Special Features:
- Great food great service,OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/20/2010Great food great service, what else is there to say!Special Features:
- I came here for my birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/17/2010I came here for my birthday with my boyfriend and we both had a great time! The live music really set the mood, and our waiter was extremely friendly and made us feel right at home. We started with the dynamite prawns which were delicious....then I ordered the rack of lamb which was incredibly tender and flavorful. My boyfriend tried the NY steak which he said was the best steak he'd had in a long time. We finished off with blueberry cheesecake and both left very satisfied. We will definitely be back!!!Special Features:
- Went there on Valentines DayOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2010Went there on Valentines Day and wasn't expecting a lot (because of what day it was). However, we were blown away with the service, atmosphere and food. All were exceptional and there was a beautiful night view of the ocean and American coast line out the window that we could enjoy (even though we were not sitting right next to the window). We will definitely be revisiting this amazing spot.Special Features:
- I have been there twice, theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/13/2010I have been there twice, the first time was quiet, i like quieter restaurants. The cajun snapper was outstanding. The service wasn't the best, it seemed like the bigger groups were getting all the service. Our table had 4 people. There were others that were served before us, that came after us.So i came back with my husband, and this time there was a live band, the music was very good, but i like quiet romantic dinners on valentines. that's just a personal preference. i ordered the chicken penne, i have to say i was really disappointed, didn't have much flavor, should of stuck to the snapper or tried something else. This time the service was very good.Special Features:
- My Husband and I were treatedOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/13/2010My Husband and I were treated with amazing service!!! From the Host to our Server, they did a very great job!! Thank you WAG for an wonderful evening!
- Overall I had a great evening.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/5/2010Overall I had a great evening. It was to loud to have a decent conversation with my table and my dinner was mediocre. The service was outstanding though and that would bring me back on a quieter night.
- The WAG is an awesome restaurant,EricaDined on 2/5/2010The WAG is an awesome restaurant, great service and an incredibly unique atmosphere. The food is of top quality and the service is very good. This is one of my hidden faves.Special Features:
- A pleasant evening. Nice atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/3/2010A pleasant evening. Nice atmosphere. Specials were well thought out. Service and food will ensure that we return soon.
- Have been here a few times.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/30/2010Have been here a few times. Always have had a great time and great food.Would definitely recommend the Short Rib for dinner. It's amazing!!Large portion too.Noise level gets a little high, especially if you're sitting in the front half of the restaurant. They do have a band on certain nights. And the view is great!!!!Special Features:
- It was our first time diningOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/30/2010It was our first time dining at this restaurant. My entree was very good, but was served luke-warm (normally I would have sent it back, but we waited so long for it I was too hungry). Chicken Con Cray - chicken breast stuffed with tiger prawns with a tandori cream sauce served with garlic mashed potatoes and green beans which were cooked perfectly. The service was not good - very slow, we had to ask for bread after seeing other tables had it and then it didn't arrive until after our entrees. We were brought another tables food twice by mistake. The waiter filled my water glass, but walked away without filling my husbands which was sitting next to mine empty. I would give it another try, but my husband won't due to the poor service.Special Features: