5 - 15782 Marine Drive
White Rock, BC V4B 1E6Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: CAN$30 and under
Washington Avenue Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.washingtonavenuegrill.com/
- Phone: 604-541-4244
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Seio Kitagawa
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Entertainment, Fireplace, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Music Wednesday-Saturday!
- Special Events: We can not reserve specific tables due to high demand.
The Washington Avenue Grill is one of White Rock's favorite restaurants offering an upscale casual dining experience overlooking Semiahmoo Bay.
We feature Pacific-Northwest cuisine, an award-winning wine list, live music, and delicious martinis.
WAG has earned an excellent reputation for serving high quality food with exceptional service at value orientated prices.
The ambiance is unparalleled because of our unique decor, high quality entertainment and breathtaking ocean view.
Guests can dine in the pristine glass atrium, cozy main dining room, or on the award-winning patio.
The Washington Avenue Grill is the bright yellow building located on the ocean side of east beach, next to Semiahmoo park.
For a unique and fun dining experience with a personal touch, have dinner at the Washington Avenue Grill.
Lots of free parking! We can not reserve specific tables due to high demand but do take requests.
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerNorthwest
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
- good dinnerLikeWagDined on 7/22/2014a memorable dinner with a superb waiter, he knew his menu and could give good recommendations when we asked. I think your vegetables need to be cooked more, the day of crisp veggies has passed. Uncooked are not flavourful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuvfoodDined on 7/21/2014We had a great table with the ocean view. The food was excellent but the wine list could have had a larger selection. Our server was very friendly and efficient. The timing of the courses could have been spread out more to allow us to finish enjoying one before the next arrived.Special Features:
- An experience worth repeating.MunstersDined on 7/18/2014- the short ribs were exceptional (tender and flavourful). - portions were most appropriate. - looking forward to our next visit. - the service was great (polite, accommodating, and professional). - loved the entertainment. - seating isn't an issue at the WAG...every seat has a wonderful view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BooboobootiesDined on 7/16/2014Outstanding I had a allergy to tomatoe sauce and explained it to him he understood. Was very formal and fantastic service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TheseinDined on 7/16/2014Despite a full house, food was prepared flawlessly and service was friendly and helpful. Slightly longer wait that usual was to be expected. Entertainment was good, but unnecessary - would have preferred it without the singer as it was difficult to have a normal conversation. Will definitely be back, however.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good as usualAlanDined on 7/13/2014We arrived early and were seated at one table and at our request moved to a table beside the windows. This was good customer service, and we will be back. Beautiful evening with the breeze flowing in, and the incoming tide gorgeous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/11/2014It was very noisy...................found was fine, but not great...had the prime rib which was a bit tough..and the glace' ....well could have done without that and just had an au jus..................nice place, will try it again...however............hopefully the experience will be better...very, very loud......................(everyone talking loudly........prehaps it was the acoustics................Special Features:
- A great place to celebrate!RadiomamaDined on 7/10/2014What a lovely venue for a birthday dinner, especially since I signed up with the restaurant online to receive a free entree for the Thursday of my celebration. The service was impeccable, my lobster ravioli divine, my hubby's tuna perfectly prepared and the view over the ocean sublime. The live guitar music was at just the right volume to allow for easy conversation. A friend had told me to try the WAG for our next dinner out and I'm glad that I took her advice!Special Features:
- Always a great night!McDeeDined on 7/9/2014Took our friends from out of town to the WAG for a nice dinner.. they were so impressed! The view is always great and the service was good as always. Food was yummy although mine was slightly cool .. busy night so maybe it sat for a little while before being brought out. Joining the mailing list and getting our birthdays registered is a must.. free dinner around your birthday!!Special Features:
- MaraDined on 7/8/2014Awesome as always! I always bring out of town guests to WAG for those special occasions and it always delivers.Special Features:
- gpackDined on 7/4/2014Great atmosphere and unforgetable dinner menu will definately returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as always!Sam1668Dined on 7/3/2014Thank you for a great night!! Fabulous food, fantastic wine selection and beautiful music!! We always love our time at the WAG!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KateDined on 7/3/2014we are able bodied but you must do something to make access for people with mobility issuesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a Gret TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/2/2014Enjoyed our food and service was excellent. The view is fantastic and live music was a nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Canada Day-July 1st DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/1/2014We enjoyed the dinner at the restaurant except for having a couple beside us who had some drama going on. Had to keep my face to my plate as every time I looked up she was in tears. Very upsetting. They had the window seat so could not enjoy the view. We were placed beside two planters with Lavender, almost dead. If you are going to have plants take care of them. All in all the food was good.Special Features:
- well doneDiningoutexperience1Dined on 7/1/2014Reservation system worked well.. Difficult to reserve specific table for our anniversary, but still nice. Food good reasonable prices. Would recommend to friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would recommend to friendsRfavouriteplaceDined on 6/29/2014We have been to the Washington Ave Grill many times and keep coming back...one of our favourites.Special Features:
- greatnightoutDined on 6/28/2014Had a very enjoyable evening Food was good and also enjoyed the live musivSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DmplzzDined on 6/28/2014This restaurant was recommended by a co-worker. It didn't disappoint. The food, staff & view were all very good. Dessert was also very good. I had the creme brule & my husband had tiramisu. I would go here again & I would definately recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- okay123Dined on 6/28/2014Parking a nightmare prices too high table arrnagement not so goodSpecial Features:
- overall good experienceLuluDined on 6/28/2014The one disappointment we had was that we did not get a window seat as requested. It seemed even though we made a resservation, no specifc table was held for us. If you make a resrevation, you should get a preference of a window seat as opposed to the people that walk in randomly. That's the whole point of making the reservation. Music was great but not enough of it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HorribleLuv2dineDined on 6/28/2014My wife's birthday so wanted to try Washington ave grill with a great view. This was a big mistake. Reservation was for 6 o'clock and the restaurant was not busy at all. Was seated between 2 large noisy group. Other side which was not busy with a better quiet ambience was empty. Ask to move to the other side but was told the restaurant was busy that night and they could not accommodate. My wife is also 8 month pregnant and noise is an issue. Either way we ordered appys at 610pm and received it in 5 min. Entree comes out a few minutes later. "What's the rush?" We were half way done with our meal and 2 servers asked us if we were done with our meals 6 times within 5 mins. Overall felt rushed and will never come again. Out at 645pm.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/26/2014we have eaten here many times but this was probably the worst for quality of food, main entree, four of us had the halibut, off the menu and the special, severely over cooked. We did not even stay for dessert. KenSpecial Features:
- Excellentyummystuff2Dined on 6/26/2014Its been a long time where our entire group said the dinner was superb. Service was also perfect!Special Features:
- Favourite spotNanalynDined on 6/22/2014We enjoy the WAG several times a year. Their chef is especially talented at cooking fish to perfection. Always order a fish dish - snapper, salmon. The view is pleasant and the staff attentive and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect, as alwaysShelleyDined on 6/22/2014Have never had a bad experience here. It's grade A every time! My favorite restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Birthday Lunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/22/2014Lunched with family on the weekend and enjoyed a nice selection of lunch items along with a gorgeous view of the beach at White Rock. Lots of window tables but if you don't get one, the view is still spectacular from most tables. Didn't feel rushed at all...our server was attentive but not intrusive. Great time was had by all! Definitely returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic eveningladnercplDined on 6/21/2014fantastic eveningcheck the wife for her birthday dinner the food was great the place in self is fantasticour waiter was overly friendly which was excellent and you make sure that our dinner was goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scenic dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014Picked this restaurant for a first date due to the good reviews. Had the braised short ribs and my friend had the lobster ravioli. Both were very tasty. Got there for an early reservation so we got a table in the patio area right by the window. Very scenic and romantic! If you get there early there is even a few free parking spots up front. Overall, a great experience! Definitely recommended.Special Features:
- Don't eat here if you're hungryfoodie17Dined on 6/20/2014We had a table overlooking the view, and that was great. The food, however, left a lot to be desired. I had the chicken, doused in cheese and cream. The mashed potatoes were the worst I have ever had -- swimming in fat and inedible. The green beans were barely cooked. My two dinner companions were equally unimpressed with their meals -- fat-needs-to-be-trimmed prime rib, with those mashed potatoes again, and the Mediterranean pasta, which was topped with way too much pesto. Our servers were good and the overall atmosphere was fine but don't go to the Washington Avenue Grill if you're hungry or have a thing about good food.
- Weather perfect ViewMarthaDined on 6/17/2014Always good food, attentive service, unique place, one of the few places on WR Beach, where you can dine & enjoy the view!Special Features:
- JustmeDined on 6/14/2014Food and service were very good. Table space for our group of 4 was on the small side. Coffee after the meal was a big disappointment! When we mentioned it to our waitress she admitted it was a common complaint. Our party agreed we would all eat there again but would skip dessert and after dinner coffee in future as it left us with an overall let down feeling.I would recommend this to a friend.
- oceanparkDined on 6/13/2014I've been countless times to the WAG over the past ten years. It is always consistently good! Our fav. restaurant in White Rock.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- White Rock Dining at its BestAcelsieVIPDined on 6/12/2014Great view overlooking Semiahmoo Bay and excellent fresh west coast menu. We come several times a year for brunch and dinner. WAG never disappoints.Special Features:
- Great dinnerMiriamDined on 6/7/2014Wonderful dinner, fabulous view and EXCELLANT serviceSpecial Features:
- Fancy yet casualOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/5/2014This restaurant is great for a romantic dinner or a group. You can dress up or down. Food was very good. Service a bit slow to begin with but got better .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfortable and UnpretentiousMidWhipDined on 6/1/2014Ambiance and décor have great personality (somewhat Portland-esque), at least in the main room. Unpretentious and a great spot to go for dinner after a day on the beach. If you're looking for a patio or a romantic evening, this probably shouldn't be your first choice. Patio is glassed in, the view is decent but there are definitely better views on the strip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and wineluvtoeatDined on 5/28/2014The food was excellent and staff was exceptional would return for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing servicemuffin79Dined on 5/27/2014Our experience at the WAG was amazing!! The food was excellent and our server was by far one of the best servers i have ever had. The ambience in the restaurant was great and i would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beach diningluv2eatonbeachDined on 5/27/2014We come here a lot because the view is awesome , feels like you are on a vacation. The food is always good, pricing good for the quality of food you get . Service and staff always friendly and restaurant is always clean . Since a popular restaurant on the beach most days of the week, you should make a reservation. Free parking which is good as long as you are there early, would be nice to have more. I find the toilets too low & tight space to maneuver plus lots of stairs when a person have injuries .Special Features: