1905 Brookside Road
Macungie, PA 18062Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.stonedcrab.net/
- Phone: 6103988060x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner:Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday : 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Ron Pickering
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Create your own party menu, to fit your budget, from our existing dinner menu. Attention to detail, no matter the size of your party.
- Private Party Contact: Karen Mathis 6103988060x
- Special Events: Daily Happy Hour 5pm to 7pm. Reduced Drinks and Happy Hour Bar Apps & Martinis for $5.
Early Bird Specials Daily 4 to 5:30, Entrees include House Salad, Starch and Vegetable. Priced $11.95-$14.95. See our Website for Early Bird Selections at www.stonedcrab.net.
A word from Stoned Crab
Serving Lunch Monday thru Friday and Serving Dinner 7 days a week. Our Dinner Menu offers our customers many choices, so whether you’re in the mood for a Burger or a Lobster meal, we've got you covered. We feature a daily Happy Hour with Drink Specials. Come, relax and enjoy!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Stoned Crab - Best Restaurants in Macungie ›
Stoned Crab reviews from OpenTable diners
44 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (23)neighborhood gem (17)fit for foodies (9)romantic (9)good for groups (8)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)great for lunch (1)hot spot (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Nice business lunch, mostlyBERNIEDined on 2/20/2014Nice business lunch, mostly salads Tuna Nicoise is excellent!!! We were seated upstairs which was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/18/2014Very easy to make reservations. Food was great, prices are decent, good drink menu! Our waiter was phenomenal. He was very knowledgable and had a great personality!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerAdamDined on 2/16/2014I ate a burger, for some reason I was not in the mood for seafood. It came out medium well like I asked and was great. The whole experience was nice. There was a great atmosphere, and it was nice a romantic for a date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's DayKarenDined on 2/15/2014Been here many times in the past six months. Ask for a table on the 2nd floor, which is much quieter and more romantic than the first floor. The first floor has a vibrant bar and tends to be noisier and more casual. The prices are on the high side, so a second floor table will make you feel as though it was worth the price. Delicious seafood.....well worth splurging on!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and fairly pricedGlutenFreeDined on 2/15/2014Our dinners were a little above average. I got the halibut special with scalloped potatoes which was great. My husband ordered the Mediterranean Tilapia which was fine but not great. My only criticism was that they used frozen vegetables. Otherwise it was a very good dining experience at a fair price. They had several gluten free options too. The atmosphere is nice as well.Special Features:
- Valentine's Special TreatBigDogDined on 2/14/2014Enjoyed the ambience, great service, and delicious seafood. We will be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy Valentine's DaysoccerfanDined on 2/14/2014This restaurant had excellent service and food. We were seated very close to the bar and it was VERY noisy . If it were not for the noise level we would have given it 5 stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bar, Starters, & LunchLucia1Dined on 2/14/2014The food I have enjoyed best is from appetizer, starter, salad, sandwich, soup and/or lunch menu. Entrees are not consistently up to par.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- oysters onlydflyDined on 2/9/2014I wld only get the oysters in half shell. They were so good rest of dinner not so much.Special Features:
- DisappointedcoffeeloverDined on 2/1/2014Food was mediocre at best. Fairly certain that fish was microwaved at last min to reheat. Potatoes were cold and veggies were frozen I'm sure.
- Always goodktowndenDined on 2/1/2014We always enjoy our meal at the Stoned Crab except for the bread. The quality of bread is disappointing for a restaurant of this caliber. It's a shame because they serve a nice oil in which to dip it. Fortunately, everything else is wonderful.
- LoudKarenDined on 2/1/2014We made reservations for a celebration dinner for two. When we arrived we were led to the bar area where a large loud engagement party was going on. I asked for a table upstairs as we have eaten there many times and was told those were for reservations?! I explained that indeed we had a reservation. No luck. We could not hear each other or the waitress talk. When spending nearly 200.00 for dinner, you want a nice quiet atmosphere.
- Food was much blander thanChrissyDined on 1/25/2014Food was much blander than I expected it would be, although the crab bisque was absolutely delicious. Service was fine. Very quiet restaurant. Nice décor.Special Features:
- My date and I really enjoyedjmarkDined on 1/17/2014My date and I really enjoyed out night there. The food and atmosphere was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place...SharonDined on 1/14/2014I planned a company dinner here without actually checking it out and going by wor of mouth. This place was great the food was fabulous and Gloria was a perfect server! My boss loved everything about this place. The food was fresh and tasty, the service was on point. I am planning my anniversary dinner here! Thank you to the staff for a great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy Bar Area, Friendly ServcieRainmanDined on 1/8/2014Met a colleague here for late dinner and it was very nice. A quiet welcoming atmosphere and prompt service. We both ordered the fillet medium-rare and both came out medium to medium-well. The server offered to fix it but the steaks were good and we did not want to make a big fuss. Salad was very good, I'll give it another shot if I'm in the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gret food!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/4/2014As always the Stonecrab had wonderful food!!! OUr server was very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Year's Evedisappointedx4Dined on 12/31/2013We had New Years Eve dinner-which is also my birthday-at the Stoned Crab before and the food was excellent! This time the food was poorly prepared, lacked taste, the presentation was awful. I would be extremely reluctant to return.
- New Years EveFrankDined on 12/31/2013This was the second time my wife and I had dined at your restaurant. The only disappointment was the limited menu, but being New Years Eve we could understand. The food was excellent and our waitress did a very commendable job to ensure our dining experience was enjoyable. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went to the Stoned CrabKristyDined on 12/31/2013We went to the Stoned Crab on New Years Eve with another couple. This was the first time at this restaurant for all of us. The food was outstanding! The service was very good considering it was very busy for the holiday. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- prochepatluv2dineDined on 12/31/2013Are table was upstairs at 5:30 and room and table top was very cold (other people had coats on) they should have turned the heat up earlier in the day. Combination seafood was good but on the cold(was standing somewhere?) side and luckely had heated butter (brought out late) to warm up the food. Waiters were understaffed for the occassion. Our waiter did not check back to see how food was and I had a hard time flagging him to get refils on my drink (he was tied up at other tables). Deserts were Very Good. Might try this restaurant one more time on non holidays and if I can get a res. down stairs.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceCBLSDined on 12/28/2013Our food came out perfectly. Our waiter was attentive and very friendly. We had a great experience for a nice little date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A comfortable experienceFavspotDined on 12/28/2013Always have been very satisfied with everything. However, the Crab Gratin was disappointing. Very bland sauce and too much of it. Not enough lump crab. We have a lot of visitors and usually take them to Stoned Crab for lunch or dinner. When we give them a choice, when they return, they almost always choose your restaurant. I am old enough to remember when that was Ibach's Tavern.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meet-up/ Off the Couch Gang EventOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/28/2013I made original reservation for 15. The group grew to 26. You accommodated us beautifully. I was amazed at how smoothly everything went. Service was amazingly fast given the size of the group. Thank you for a wonderful experience. Everything was delicious. There were many great comments from the group!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesomervegasDined on 12/28/2013We eaten here several times, thought it's about 40 minute drive it is quite worth the drive. Food is always great. Love the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful time!!diningqueenDined on 12/22/2013Very nice choice for our family "early" Christmas dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls Nite Outme2youDined on 12/22/2013Burgers were great. Salads fresh and crisp. Pasta dish was cooked to perfection. Service was okay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best !!!SteakloverDined on 12/21/2013We dine out quite frequently. We've never been to this restaurant previous to this visit. Overall this was the best dine-out meal we experienced in 2013. Period. Great food. The mushroom risotto was "the best I've ever had". The seafood was prepared perfectly and very tasty. Our waiter was awesome, never missed a beat and the timing of all our courses was perfect. I can't wait to return to the Stoned Crab.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very goodgoodtoeat2Dined on 12/18/2013service was good they offer alot of services while u eat .shrimp scampi was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You'll like this placeJakeDined on 12/13/2013Every dish we tried was excellent. A nice variety between the meat and fish dishes. The varied preparation methods made the dishes really interesting. Appetizers and soups were also great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stoned Crab is Excellent!DeniseCBDined on 12/12/2013Our experience at the Stoned Crab was excellent, a true neighborhood gem in Macungie. The service was great, and the food even better. Save room for desert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favoritesDrmareDined on 12/6/2013We always enjoy the food and service at Stoned Crab. And the convenience of being close to home. We like the early-bird special for my Mom who is 81 because of the smaller portions, but also always find something new to try. The only reason for the "energetic" noise level is because we ask for 1st floor seating - which is adjacent to the bar -- rather than climbing the steps to second level dining room. So there is a trade off. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Great food & unique cocktailsFoodbuffDined on 11/30/2013Food was great and the staff was super attentive. We ordered several cocktails - all of which tasted delicious and were unique. Definitely coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousallaboutfoodDined on 11/30/2013We enjoyed our dining experience. I liked the privacy of the high-back booths. It was a little chilly by the window though. The service was excellent. We specifically picked the Stoned Crab for the raw oyster appetizer. We all agreed that the oysters were fresh and very tasty. Not as good as Cape May Salts but still very good. Two of us had the tenderloin steak special which was delicious. The steak was done perfectly to order. One person had the seafood combination and he said is was a generous portion and very good. It was very quiet so a little bacground music would have been nice. Our server was excellent! I would definitely go back again. Maybe for happy hour to get mussels.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpressedBillDined on 11/20/2013Took wife and kids there for her 40th birthday. The food was incredible, great drink menu, accommodating for our kids(8-15yrs old) Server was incredibly courteous. A great experience overall. Will definitely come back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- poor servicefiofioDined on 11/17/2013The server was friendly and knowledgable but SLOWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!! It took over two hours to eat.Special Features:
- Awesome seafood!KarenDined on 11/16/2013When we are hungry for seafood, The Stoned Crab is our go-to restaurant. The atmosphere in the 2nd floor dining room is lovely, quiet and dimly lit. In the first floor bar and dining area, it's a bit noisier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice date spotredeemerDined on 11/15/2013I actually had a nice evening here with my date. It was a pleasant experience, we dined upstairs and it was relatively quiet. The food was good and I really have no complaints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice with a little too much barAgrajagDined on 11/12/2013Was here (upstairs) about 7 years ago for lunch with my parents. Always thought it would be a nice romantic spot and finally ended up coming for my fiancée's birthday. Was pretty nice but downstairs and it was a little "bar"y with a fairly large and kind of noisy crowd. Food was great (as was the sangria!) but it wasn't the super romantic night I had built up for ~7 yearsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DidappointedBillDined on 11/11/2013I had the Ahi tuna and was disappointed with its quality and taste. If not entertaining out of town guests I would have sent it back and found another entree. For a seafood restaurant, I expected higher quality fish.Special Features: