90 Thompson Street
New York, NY 10012Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lepescadeuxnyc.com/
- Phone: 2129660021x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 11:30pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 12:30am
Sunday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
Brunch: Saturday and Sunday 11am - 4pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, French
- Executive Chef: Francisco
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Off-site catering is available.
- Entertainment: Every Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday Night Soho Artist Live Music 7pm-10pm
Sunday Jazz Brunch 12pm-4pm
A word from Le Pescadeux
Le Pescadeux, the only restaurant in New York that focuses on French Canadian Culinary migration experience, from the Maritimes through Quebec and down to Louisiana.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Le Pescadeux reviews from OpenTable diners
40 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (21)fit for foodies (15)romantic (9)special occasion (7)late-night find (7)great for brunch (6)good for groups (6)great for lunch (6)hot spot (6)notable wine list (6)great for outdoor dining (4)vibrant bar scene (4)Show More
- Some bright spots, some problemsJohnWDined on 3/1/2014The waiter was good but he needed help. He was tending the room with a few servers. The host is gregarious and fun. The fresh oysters were great. For the main courses: one order of tuna was cold, both orders of cod were slightly mushy, one order of the bass was overcooked and mushy. The salmon and octopus were excellent. Desserts were average. The caramel bananas were too sugary, the syllabus was sweet and not noteworthy excerpt for the champagne gelee. The coffee tasted old. At $110 per person with a bottle of wine and tip, not worth it.
- SoHo Gempat07762Dined on 3/1/2014My friend and I were having a great NY Day with plays, shopping, wandering around. We knew we were going to end up in Soho for dinner and we thoroughly enjoyed Les Pescadeux. Service was warm and welcoming, we arrived at 5:30 as they were opening for dinner and when we left at 7:30 they were almost all filled. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafood in SOHODavidVIPDined on 3/1/2014First visit - we will be back. Wonderful seafood - the duets provide a opportunity to try two great dishes. Small place, we dined early before train back to DC, but nice ambience and friendly staff. Yes, NYC, know you're cool, but you are really so much nicer than DC in customer service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All the hype is trueBuckDined on 2/28/2014Pescadeux is a gem. Outstanding food. I had octopus salad (sensational convergence of flavors and textures), followed by bouillabaisse (as good as I have ever had). Wife had Clam Chowder which was perfect starter on very cold night and Tuna Au Poivre which she loved. Side of Brussels Sprouts were delicious We will be back..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fish/Seafood DelightTWOFOODIESDined on 2/22/2014This was an excellent restaurant. We both enjoyed everything we ordered. The menu had many choices (including non-fish selections) but is really for people who like fish and seafood. I especially liked the Fish Duets selections. It was a great way to try several different dishes in one meal. Also the owner came to our table and spoke with us. We felt like regulars and it was our first visit but definitely not our last!!!!Special Features:
- GreatwocaplelVIPDined on 2/19/2014This is a pleasant restaurant to spend a good part of the evening. Music on nights during the week add to the allure. We eat here as often as we can.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real find!Sue123VIPDined on 2/19/2014We had a wonderful meal at Le Pescadeux. We both had the "specialty fish duet" and each of us chose two different types of fish, so altogether we sampled four…and all were delicious. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2014I proposed to my fiancee at this restaurant. I asked to do a special surprise table setting, and the owner, Chuck, enthusiastically allowed me to bring my own flowers and candlestick holders to the restaurant. When I got there in the afternoon to bring the table setting, a waiter, Steve, took the items from me. When I arrived later on with my soon-to-be fiancee, Chuck and Steve did a great job maintaining the surprise. Everything went well, and Chuck brought out complimentary champagne. We both loved the live music. It turned out to be the perfect place for getting engaged, and we both plan to go back to Le Pescadeux!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpected DelightBarbLDined on 2/8/2014Warm, friendly, not your usual "decorator" motif...more of an eclectic seafaring atmosphere. Outstanding, creative delicious food served by a friendly wait staff...John Luka...fabulous, attentive, prompt in answering concerns. The host Chuckie....fantastic singing voice...as he song H.B. to me! We were seated at the "Captains Table" which is on a slight platform so we had a birdseye view of the patrons all around us. Very friendly couple seated next to our table have been going to L.P. since its previous location.. I can see why. Can't wait for the summer when they open the front windows to the neighborhood! We will absolutely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful experiencethebroadessDined on 2/1/2014Found Le Pescadeux by location and reviews from Open Table users...Thank you! Starting with the friendly smile at the door, all the way through espresso. The menu has something for everyone, the three of us all had the "duet" we were able to pick two of the fish/seafood items...all 6 were great. We shared, and I do recommend, the brussels sprouts with apples and bacon. Nice selection of wines completed the experience. We are looking forward to returning soon.Special Features:
- Fantastic Dining ExperiencefishfanaticDined on 1/26/2014Recently I had important friends pay a visit to NYC. They are sophisticated diners and definitely know a good seafood restaurant from a run-of-the-mill one. They were extremely impressed with every facet of their dining experience at Le Pescadeux, from the excellent service to the quality menu. The wine list is varied to fit any palate, the special "duet" menu allows for diners to have two different seafood selections (a novel and winning concept), and to top it all off, the owner was very gracious and displayed a delightful wit. Oh, and the flourless chocolate cake was the best I've ever had. Thanks to Le Pescadeux, I scored major points with my friends! Le Pescadeux is now on their short list of best NYC restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really enjoyablewocaplelVIPDined on 1/18/2014As always, we had an enjoyable meal. The food and service are very good. The owner makes it a point to stop at all the tables to make sure everything is fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OystersRomanDined on 1/17/2014The oysters are fantastic. Delicious food and ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This place should be packed!HildegullVIPDined on 1/12/2014What a lovely neighbourhood restaurant. For some reason it was not packed the Sunday night I was there, but competing with Golden Globe and a neighbourhood restaurant having its closing party, it made more sense. The staff is very cute, helpful and attentive. The music played was perfect and the seafood platter I ordered was delicious, especially the tuna tartar.Special Features:
- GREAT EVENINGkimballkDined on 1/7/2014Music (blues) was outstanding. Service at the bar was perfect. Food excellent. And very good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tiny Piece of Montreal in SohoTillerVIPDined on 1/1/2014A great little place with great French Canadian cuisine. There was a jazz trio playing on the Wednesday night we were there which added to the atmosphere of the place. All dishes were superb! Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Year's EvechrysDined on 12/31/2013I love this place and went there multiple times during the last year. I've never been disappointed and the food is great. Depending on when you come, you can enjoy listening live jazz music played on a small scene close to the bar. Very good service and the moderate noise level is highly appreciated (when the live music is off!).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very comfortable fit...McCycleDined on 12/27/2013The second time we ate there....and the food was just as good. Very friendly atmosphere, and the Soho locale is just so perfect. DId not have specials this evening, as we did on our first visit here. Nonetheless, the food is top-notch, really fresh, and they don't hurry through a meal, which is wonderful. And the owner always makes a point of saying hello...a real gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice spotBryanDined on 12/23/2013Had dinner with my family here, party of 6. Not a crowded night, so we were probably there at a good time, but everything was spot-on. Enjoyed the food and good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Brunch gemOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/22/2013I've been here a few times for Sunday Brunch, and have never been disappointed with my menu choices. I recently had the Eggs Benedict which was, as before, very good. The service is truly outstanding - discreetly attentive. The live jazz band (Gabrielle Stravelli trio) brings it all together for a really wonderful experience to share!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Refreshingly uniqueMc4contestantDined on 12/20/2013The host is quite friendly and entertaining. The menu is great and unique in its focus on the French influence on regional North American cuisine from Quebec to Louisiana Cajun fare. Great selection of fish and a fantastic Steak Au Poivre for the carnivores. The service good be a bit tighter but truly a great little restaurant that is food driven, not trend driven. A New Yorker reader place, not a New York Mag. place.Special Features:
- Good food, service very inattentiveOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/15/2013Good food, service very inattentive. We certainly did not feel as "guests." Lovely singer, but not expecting a concert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eatwocaplelVIPDined on 12/7/2013The menu has some new choices for the Winter. All in all very good. We always enjoy ourselves when we eat here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a low key nightGlobalDinerVIPDined on 12/6/2013Le Pescadeux is a small quaint space. The food at Le Pescadeux is neighborhood comfort food. Nothing fancy but good. I did really enjoy the brisket with sweet potatoes two ways. However, their poutine wasn't one of my favorites. There was only one waiter but he was able to keep up and attend to us. Overall good. But look out for Chuck, the owner, who after he's got a good buzz goin', goes from table to table chatting.
- Great foodSpenceDined on 12/6/2013One of the best meals we have had in New York citySpecial Features:
- Delicious seafood. Third timeLuvSohoDined on 12/6/2013Delicious seafood. Third time there and have never had a bad dish.Special Features:
- Quaint and VibranthotsauceVIPDined on 11/30/2013This French Seafood Bistro / Restaurant was great, some very unique dishes and they actually don't force you into ordering one giant dish, if you want to try multiple things they have a pick 2 menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/26/2013Our evening was perfect from beginning to end. What perfect place!!Special Features:
- Excellent. A must try and Go OftenJaneDined on 11/23/2013An excellent find. Great, friendly and compelling environment. Loved the two fish duo, sweet carrots and broccoli. Engaging host. Delicious French/ Quebec/ international cuisine.Special Features:
- A hit every time!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/21/2013I don't often take the time to write reviews, but I just adore Le Pescadeux. I have had dinner here three times now, the first on Valentine's Day which was a fantastic experience - the menu, the ambiance (very romantic without being over-the-top), the live music, the individual attention paid to each table by the owner - I was truly impressed. And each time I have been back I have found the same. It's clear the owner truly loves what he does and wants each of his diners to feel welcome and comfortable. And the food - everything is prepared to perfection. I can be very picky, having worked in four-star restaurants for a number of years, but this is a restaurant I will definitely return to again and again.Special Features:
- A special nightTejasDined on 11/20/2013I took my father and boyfriend here the other night. The food was excellent. I've never had octopus quite like this before. Everything was phenomenal. The live music was a lovely touch, but the owner is entertainment enough. He dropped by our table a few times and always had a nugget of humor to share. If you want to wow someone for a date this is definitely a great spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warm and welcomingKira0483VIPDined on 11/16/2013Great meal at a very cozy and welcoming restaurant. Everything was delicious and the portions generous. The host clearly appreciates his diners and it does make a difference. We will definitely return and tell our friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Found A New Favorite HideawayJacCDined on 11/10/2013I am a refugee from Paris Commune, L'Incontro, Jack's Bistro, Elephant & Castle, Cornelia Street Cafe...well you get the point. Neighborhood spots either overrun by weekend tourists or forced out of business by insanely high commercial rents, only to be replaced by (surprise!) nail salons, banks, or a Duane Reed. Full of hope we booked a birthday dinner there and threw caution to the winds. We were treated like log lost family. I slurped own the boulliabase quebecoise with a perfectly dry pinot noir. The atmosphere is dark warm and mellow, no fussy decorations or table top tchotchkas. With only one waiter for the restaurant that night it was a bit hard to get his attention. So, not bad for a night out in SoHo. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchLazySundayDined on 11/10/2013We went to Le Pescadeux this past Sunday for brunch with family and friends. Wonderful relaxing atmosphere with live Jazz music in background. While i enjoyed my poached eggs and brisket, the others in our group were underwhelmed with the food. My wife asked for a simple substitution on one item when ordering and was told no changes. Then when she asked for jam with her toast, they gave her compote? The complimentary banana bread was bland and stale. Just seemed as though brunch for this place is an afterthought.I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT FIND!!GIGIDined on 11/9/2013I actually went after reading reviews as Aqua Grill wasn't able to sit us on a Sat.night last minute. Needless to say,we are all foodies and looks like this will become a favorite of all six of us,who had a memorable dinner this last Sat. The owner /maitre'd was funny,and ultra friendly. Thanks to Yelp reviewers who hit it on the nose.!!Special Features:
- Would Go Back...WillingToTryDined on 11/7/2013The food was very good with terrific service. The owner was very jovial and came by to chat with us for a bit. The atmosphere was friendly and cozy. I would go back to try other selections from the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful eveningDutchieChicagoVIPDined on 11/2/2013The food was exceptional, the wine list interesting, the ambience warm and intimate, all on a beautiful quiet street. We loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sea food based menukk5160Dined on 11/2/2013Good rest in SOHO without pretension or over the top prices. Notable wine list for its reasonable prices. One of the few food/$ ratio places left in NYC. Decor is appealing without being trendy. Worth checking out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable and friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2013We always enjoy dinner here. Fish is fresh and the pairings allow you to try two entrees. Service is attentive without being fussy. Nice wine list. Pleasant room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a creative ides...mainyocodkVIPDined on 11/1/2013What a creative ides...main dishes actually are 2 1/2 portions of fish..choose your 2! IT's a new riff on small plates!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.