Nellie Cashman's Monday Club Cafe at The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa
6902 E. Greenway Parkway
Scottsdale, AZ 85254Neighborhood:
SouthwestPrice: $30 and under
Nellie Cashman's Monday Club Cafe at The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.kierlandresort.com/dining/nellie-cashmans/
- Phone: 4806241202x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: 6am - 11am
Lunch: 11am - 3pm
Dinner: 5pm - 10pm
Sunday "Bubbles & Brunch": 11am - 2pm -
Hours and menus subject to change for holidays and/or seasonally.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southwest, American
- Executive Chef: Chris Masco
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Nellie Cashman's bright and sunny private dining room seats up to 30 guests in the heart of the restaurant, one floor below the lobby level of The Resort.
- Private Party Contact: Lauren Purdom 4806241332x
- Entertainment: Bagpipes at Sunset every evening in Dreamweavers.
- Special Events: For groups please contact Lauren Purdom at 480-624-1332
A word from Nellie Cashman's Monday Club Cafe at The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa
Named for “The Angel of the Mining Camp” and Arizona’s oldest club for women, Nellie Cashman’s Monday Club Café offers casual dining for breakfast, lunch and dinner. With an emphasis on locally-grown produce, the inventive menu is inspired by the culinary trends made popular during early Arizona’s mining heyday. Examples include a Dutch-oven daily special, a selection of stir-fry dishes that pay homage to the Chinese cooks who worked in mining camps and various savory barbecue dishes featuring pulled pork, ribs and beef brisket. Floor-to-ceiling windows create a bright indoor setting and seating is also available outdoors in the adjacent Dreamweaver’s Canyon courtyard, which provides views of the Kierland Golf Course and McDowell Mountains.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Nellie Cashman's Monday Club Cafe at The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (12)great for brunch (8)kid-friendly (8)great for outdoor dining (7)good for groups (6)fit for foodies (6)great for lunch (4)romantic (2)special occasion (2)neighborhood gem (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- The Waldorf salad was a HIT.KimoDioDined on 12/31/2011It took us 10 minutes to be seated. I suggest looking at the menu before going to the restaurant because it has a limited entrees. The Waldorf salad was heavenly and the food was outstanding.Special Features:
- Fine service and good foodluvit1VIPDined on 12/24/2011Fine service and good food at a hotel. We appreciated the SPG owner's discount, that brought us in.Special Features:
- I loved the outside diningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/16/2011I loved the outside dining with the wonderful view of the golf course. Service was perfect!Special Features:
- I thoroughly enjoyed our dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/28/2011I thoroughly enjoyed our dinner. The menu, though limited, was enough for us to make some interesting and very tasky choices. We shared several dishes and the kitchen split them for us. And the deserts.....yummy delicious exceptional!Special Features:
- Great service, Delicious foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/5/2011We went for brunch, and all of us ordered from the breakfast menu. Our server was great; he was very friendly, and we never wanted for a thing. The eggs were cooked perfectly, and the rosemary-potato cake served on the side was delicious. And it's located in the Westin Kierland, which is a beautiful property.Special Features:
- I ate at Nellie Cashman'seatwellVIPDined on 6/22/2011I ate at Nellie Cashman's while staying at the Westin Kierland Resort. While is was mostly convenient, it was also GOOD. The ambiance is great and while there was outdoor seating, it was too hot for me. I enjoyed the openness of the layout and the ability to see outside while being inside. The food was good but I really enjoyed the staff and their attentiveness. I would recommend Nellie's to anyone visiting the area.Special Features:
- We were having a girls weekendOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/12/2011We were having a girls weekend and it definetly was everything we were looking for in our champagne brunch, I am so glad I was just skimming through thw website before our stay and saw it!Special Features:
- It's a nice hotel breakfastExpectationsVIPDined on 5/12/2011It's a nice hotel breakfast buffet. Eggs and omelets prepared. Standard hotel fare, but enthusiastically served.
- Your typical hotel coffeeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/13/2011Your typical hotel coffee shop/restaurant. All passable but not worth going out of the way for!Too many better hotel restaurants within a 10 mi drive and certainly a much great choice of fine restaurants in Kierland!!! Take a pass on this place.
- Great for Breakfast or BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/1/2011We had breakfast included in our hotel stay and dined here every morning. The service and the food were both excellent. The buffet included made-to-order omelets, sausages, bacon, pancakes, Belgian waffles, fresh fruit, muffins, cereals and a selection of cold meat. The chocolate croissants and banana muffins were amazing. We also order from the menu. I recommend the eggs Benedict or the banana cinnamon oatmeal. The view is gorgeous as the restaurant faces the 18th hole of one of the golf courses. Seating is available inside and outside. Just a really nice way to start the day.Special Features:
- all the food was excellentFish911Dined on 3/31/2011all the food was excellent except one meal that had to be returned because in was not satisfactory. THey fixed it but wasn't much better.. THe sea bass was outstanding!!Special Features:
- Had the skewered prawns specialOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/13/2011Had the skewered prawns special not on the dinner menu. Had them served dry and tasteless at other establishments. Nellie Cashman's were moist and succulent.Special Features:
- We appreciated being givenJimPVIPDined on 3/13/2011We appreciated being given a table in a nice bright area with a good view of the golf course. Perhaps having made a reservation helped in that regard. We ordered from the extensive menu but there was also a bountiful buffet available on Sunday morning. We'd recommend this restaurant highly.Special Features:
- poor offering of brunch selection.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/6/2011poor offering of brunch selection. Staff more than willing to indulge in the cooking of eggs.
- Bravo to your wait staff.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/5/2011Our daughter and her bridesmaids were setting off to purchase her wedding gown. The staff was very attentive and made our visit a ver special occassion. Although the champagne option is not usually available on Saturday, they made sure it was available to us for our celebration.Special Features:
- You'll Definitely Enjoy ItJustMyPointOfViewVIPDined on 2/22/2011We dine here every time we are at the Westin Kierland hotel or villas. (Often two or three of the nights!) Every food item we have tried has been uniquely excellent. The service is excellent. They encourage you to taste a sample of wine which allows for guests to be sure of their enjoyment. You can get full off of their delicious humus with flatbread, so leave room for the flatbread pizza which are excellent. Their fish items are cooked perfectly and their Bone-In Grilled New York is delicious. I also like the Southwest Caesar, but fair warning, it does have a bit of heat! During the day, the atmosphere is clean and cafe like, and then turn the lights down, view the fire pits outside and the "cafe" changes to a nice serene dinner house.Special Features:
- Great dining with a viewOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2011We were there for the special 4 course Valentine's Day dinner. Filet Mignon was excellent. Casual dining with a great wine selection. Limited menu but good upscale food, and excellent service. Restaurant is in the Westin Kierland Resort and has a view of the golf course, and the nightly bag pipe player at sunset. Seating outside or inside.Special Features:
- On special valentine menu,JohnVIPDined on 2/12/2011On special valentine menu, staff tried to do to much - both a crab topping and bernaise on a filet; 3 asparagus stalks covered by another white sauce; mushroom filled puff pastry. Overkill in my opinion, but the filet was cooked well and had good flavor.
- We had a nice surprise onOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/7/2011We had a nice surprise on a Monday ~ this exceptional brunch! Everything from lox to fresh pastry to eggs benedict to made-to-order specialty pancakes to cereal & (very) fresh fruit. Our server didn't miss beat, nor did the kitchen staff. The view of the golf course is lovely. We were delighted!Special Features:
- I made reservations for thisOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/31/2010I made reservations for this place because we couldn't find any other place for New Years dinner for a large group and it was at the Hotel my friends where staying. I was very concerned of the menu and the pictures on line. But to our surprise! The food was Fantastic and the service was excellent!!! A very nice surprise! It's not as glitzy as other fine restaurants in Scottsdale but they have a nice wine list and great food at a reasonable price! I will go back again and again!Special Features:
- Normally, on Christmas, myOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 12/25/2010Normally, on Christmas, my husband and I would be spending time at home; however, our kitchen is being renovated. I thought this would be a good opportunity to sample a local resort and treat ourselves to a special and expensive experience. I appreciate the fact that the waiters and chef took their Christmas to serve others. However, my husband and I both felt that the quality and service did not warrant the cost. Beverages were not included in the price and we both ordered one glass of champagne. With the tip, the bill was $200.00. The set-up could have been better. The main course (meats), side dishes, salad and cheese were all placed in a very tight, small room. Go to the Princess Scottsdale Resort instead!
- My family and I had a wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/25/2010My family and I had a wonderful dinner. Three of us are vegetarians and the food we could eat was excellent. The service was outstanding.Special Features:
- Sunday Brunch was fabulous!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/14/2010Sunday Brunch was fabulous!!! Service and Food were outstanding. Would highly recommend especially for the price.Special Features:
- The food was very good butOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/10/2010The food was very good but too loud for a business lunch!Special Features:
- The brunch was excellent.ABCFoodiesDined on 11/7/2010The brunch was excellent. There was a wide variety of dishes to choose from plus an omelette bar. Everything was delicious! Our server was attentive, but not hovering. Enjoyed the view out to the golf course.Special Features:
- Very friendly service, niceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/26/2010Very friendly service, nice staff. very good food, although A little pricey for serve yourself brunch. I would go again on a special occasion. I am still in search of my perfect brunch spot.Special Features:
- KK was our server while weOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/15/2010KK was our server while we attended the Bubbles and Brunch. KK was very professional, friendly and curteous. Thank you for a pleasurable dining experience.Special Features:
- We had a large birthday groupOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/8/2010We had a large birthday group for the "bubbles and brunch" including a few small children. The service was great, they were very accommodating despite some last minute add ons to our party, and the food was excellent. We had several members of our group mention that they've been to brunches before that were twice the cost and the food and service weren't nearly as good. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- We made reservations at NellieOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/4/2010We made reservations at Nellie Cashman's for 4th of July for the pizza buffet. I felt the food quality was poor for the price of the buffet. The salad bar was minimal. There were four kinds of pizza, but only one was available. The pizza was not replenished quick enough to meet the needs of the guests. The kids bar was nice since my daughter was under 5 and it was free. However, it was also a limited selection and poor quality for the price. The waiter only returned once and we had to wait about 10-15 min. for our check. I've eaten at Nellie Cashman's before for the breakfast buffet and it was fabulous. I'm very disappointed in the dinner buffet. We stay at the Westin Kierland annually and I would dine there again.Special Features:
- My husband and I have oftenOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/20/2010My husband and I have often enjoyed the morning buffet however, this time, we were put into an overflow seating section with large groups with children. We were a party of three. I had hoped by making a reservation that we would get preferred seating, however, that did not seem to be the case. We will not do Father's Day at this restaurant again.Special Features:
- Took my family for Mother'sOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/9/2010Took my family for Mother's Day. It was fantastic!Special Features:
- Our compliments to the chefOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/18/2010Our compliments to the chef and staff who were on duty this day. The food was exquisite! Maril, our server, was the best! His constant care and professionalism truly made our 30th Wedding Anniversary celebration a most memorable one!Special Features:
- The food was awesome and theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/17/2010The food was awesome and the resort gorgeous. A very nice experience.Special Features:
- Very dissapointed. Food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/15/2010Very dissapointed. Food was good but everything else was terrible. I NOTED IN THE RESERVATION that we were celebrating a birthday and I wanted it to be special.When we arrived I reminded the hostess. We were seated and the server arrived 15 min later. We then waited another 15 min for our drinks. We ordered and ate 30 min later. We asked for condiments and they never came. We flagged down someone else to get them. We finished eating and our server brings the check never asking if we want desert ....never mind something special for the birthday. Even the lowest class resturant brings a cupcake w candle. I was embarrased in front of my friend that her birthday turned out this way.
- The food was great but theyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/4/2010The food was great but they were disorganized and the $55 charge per person for Easter brunch was overpriced. It was more kid friendly than elegant and the variety was average.Special Features:
- We have dined at Nellie Cashman'sRonSDined on 4/2/2010We have dined at Nellie Cashman's many times...it is one of our favorite restaurants. However this experience was marred by several crying tots and a changed menu that was not well thought out. The kids were small (perhaps 2 or 3 years old) and obviously overtired. We both ordered the Middle Eastern prix fixe tasting special, expecting a culinary treat. The appitizer was a delight, very flavorful and well prepared. Unfortunately, the main course went downhill from there. The worst part of the four part main course were two lamb chops that had been grilled but then seemed to have been boiled like bad mutton. The dessert was a pudding based on lentils that was nothing short of obnoxious.
- Beautiful scenery, okay menuNextMealVIPDined on 3/15/2010Beautiful scenery, okay menu overall more entree type foods then sandwiches. Upper end of price range(high 30s for entree)Limited appetizer menu mostly salads. Half chicken was excellent.Special Features:
- Did not enjoy very much. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/12/2010Did not enjoy very much. The food is only okay and over-priced for what you get. $14 for a hamburger and you have to pay extra for French fries. $12 for a bowl of soup the size of a ramekin. The menu is very limited and not very creative. Desserts were only okay. The cheesecake was far too thick, dry and crumbly. Not smooth or creamy at all. However, the service is fantastic.
- This was Valentines Day Brunch....HOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2010This was Valentines Day Brunch....Had a reservation and was seating immediately, but seated in the back room near the door way...Not an idle location....Table was not set..There was no salt/pepper, sugar, etc...Food was very good...Service was very bad...Had to constantly look for server for drink re-fills or anything else that was needed...Server seemed to look right at us, and then head the other way....I like the location and the outside seating when you can get it...Very surprised at inadequate service...Would probably return for location, views, food.....Special Features:
- We really enjoyed your restaurant.MIMIDined on 2/4/2010We really enjoyed your restaurant. Were able to sit and watch the bagpipe player~~~a nice touch especially for the golfer in the group.~~~~Our server was exceptional~~~~as was the dessert.Special Features: