Nellie Cashman's Monday Club Cafe at The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa
6902 E. Greenway Parkway
Scottsdale, AZ 85254Neighborhood:
SouthwestPrice: $30 and under
Nellie Cashman's Monday Club Cafe at The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.kierlandresort.com/dining/nellie-cashmans/
- Phone: 4806241202x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: 6am - 11am
Lunch: 11am - 3pm
Dinner: 5pm - 10pm
Sunday "Bubbles & Brunch": 11am - 2pm -
Hours and menus subject to change for holidays and/or seasonally.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southwest, American
- Executive Chef: Chris Masco
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Nellie Cashman's bright and sunny private dining room seats up to 30 guests in the heart of the restaurant, one floor below the lobby level of The Resort.
- Private Party Contact: Lauren Purdom 4806241332x
- Entertainment: Bagpipes at Sunset every evening in Dreamweavers.
- Special Events: For groups please contact Lauren Purdom at 480-624-1332
A word from Nellie Cashman's Monday Club Cafe at The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa
Named for “The Angel of the Mining Camp” and Arizona’s oldest club for women, Nellie Cashman’s Monday Club Café offers casual dining for breakfast, lunch and dinner. With an emphasis on locally-grown produce, the inventive menu is inspired by the culinary trends made popular during early Arizona’s mining heyday. Examples include a Dutch-oven daily special, a selection of stir-fry dishes that pay homage to the Chinese cooks who worked in mining camps and various savory barbecue dishes featuring pulled pork, ribs and beef brisket. Floor-to-ceiling windows create a bright indoor setting and seating is also available outdoors in the adjacent Dreamweaver’s Canyon courtyard, which provides views of the Kierland Golf Course and McDowell Mountains.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Nellie Cashman's Monday Club Cafe at The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (12)great for brunch (8)kid-friendly (8)great for outdoor dining (7)good for groups (6)fit for foodies (6)great for lunch (4)romantic (2)special occasion (2)neighborhood gem (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- A nice hotel coffee shop feelPVDinerVIPDined on 2/22/2013A nice hotel coffee shop feel .... Not a fine dining restaurant in my opinion.
- A Nice Desert RespiteNextMealVIPDined on 2/17/2013For all you locals, this is a great breakfast/brunch place that is reasonably priced. If you arrive for lunch on Sunday brunch, they have crab and shrimp on the buffet. The made-to-order omelet bar was excellent as were the fresh fruits, bakery items and other items. Service fast and friendly. They also offer a kids price which was also reasonable. We will be back. Great view.
- As usual we enjoy this restaurantJimPVIPDined on 2/17/2013As usual we enjoy this restaurant at any time the food is well presented and is certainly a reliable place to eat even coming in late in the evening. The quality is the same. We come to the Kierland resort every year and always go to Nellie Cashman's two or three times. You have a view of the golf course and the service is always very good.Special Features:
- Could be great, but very mediocre..fitfoodieDined on 2/14/2013This is the more casual restaurant at the Westin. The decor is a little too casual for dinner, IMO. The lighting is too bright. They really could do a lot with some small changes at dinner time - different linens, softer lighting, nicer flatware and dishes. The menu is fun and interesting, and the food preparation and presentation was very good. Our experience with the service/servers was less than inspiring. They were slow and inattentive at most every opportunity to provide service. Our conclusion is that this is a place we'd go for lunch or a very casual, late night dinner.Special Features:
- Still a WinnerJustMyPointOfViewVIPDined on 1/27/2013It's been a while since I've rated Nellie's, so thought I'd update that all is still very good. BTW, our favorite servers are TK and Andrew. The fish was wonderful, and I just came from Maui. We still love their flatbread, and we shared the chipotle caesar salad, which is very different and tasty.Special Features:
- Very good restaurant! ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/13/2013Very good restaurant! Service was spectacular and all food was deliviousSpecial Features:
- Great BrunchirishgirlDined on 1/13/2013We dined for Sunday brunch. The food was great, so many different items to choose from. Made to order omelets, fresh seafood, and pasta items as well. The service was excellent, very attentive without being intrusive. The restaurant has a great view of the golf course.Special Features:
- This is my favorite placeRowdyVIPDined on 1/12/2013This is my favorite place for breakfast. Try the pancakes or corn beef hash. Both are my favorites. The fruit is always fresh. Their buffet is very nice as well. Service is always top notch. Try the special nectar of the day. You'll be hooked.Special Features:
- Went for brunch. Very disappointedljeffVIPDined on 12/30/2012Went for brunch. Very disappointed with the service and the food.
- When we arrived the ladiesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/11/2012When we arrived the ladies in the front seemed very confused and not cordial at all. The salads and desserts were very good, but the entrees not so much. The salmon was overcooked and dry; the strip steak tough and dry. The dining area staff was not on top of things. I'm comparing this to other resorts where the staff is highly trained, as yours should be. We anticipated a better experience based on your reputation.
- Great Place to eat and talkTravelingmanVIPDined on 11/10/2012Often Hotel food is dismal, not here. The menu is enlightened and health conscience. One of the best features of this comfortable restaurant is that you can hear the conversation at your table.Special Features:
- Great for breakfastJackVIPDined on 11/2/2012Awesome southwestern breakfast. My husband had the buffet which was incredible. I ordered the chorizo flatbread with poached eggs at the waiters suggestion. It was awesome. We really could have shared the order as the portion size was huge! Noticed birds at the outside tables. Dont leave for the buffet if you eat outside !!Special Features:
- Impeccable food selectionOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/28/2012After hearing that this was one of the best upscale brunch spots in town I wanted to try it when a high profile guest came into town. The service was impeccable. There was a huge selection of food with plenty of vegan and vegetarian options as well as seafood, pork, beef roast, chick and a variety of pastries. The Bruch plus bubbles was perfect and the waiter kept the champagne pouring without ever being asked. I highly recommend this spot for an upscale brunch.Special Features:
- Amazing Hotel RestaurantTravelingmanVIPDined on 10/19/2012This Restaurant destroys the old thinking that "one should never eat in a Hotel restaurant". Great menu,elegant setting ,and quiet enough to enjoy conversation. We are locals , and can go to any Restaurant , yet we love dining here. I ordered and enjoyed the burger. My wife had the salmon, outstanding,our friend enjoyed one of unusual salads, and also the burger.I must comment this is one of few restaurant's that actually followed our instructions and made the burgers medium rare. We were celebrating two birthdays, and the server brought us two sinful deserts. As always, a wonderful night out.Special Features:
- Although service was sometimes2010boxsterVIPDined on 9/30/2012Although service was sometimes slow the wait staff made up for the kitched's slownessSpecial Features:
- Food service atmosphere, allOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/16/2012Food service atmosphere, all top notch. The chef knows what he is doing.Special Features:
- You can always count on NellieNatashaDined on 8/31/2012You can always count on Nellie Cashman's. Their food is delicious! And the service is fantastic. It is a quiet setting which is great or the company of good friends or a loved one or family/kids running around. We loved the entertainment outside with the bagpipe playing and then there was a band playing next. Then fireworks! What else can you ask for at a restaurant/resort. No complaints here. Love the prices too.Special Features:
- Great Brunch!!!LeslieVIPDined on 8/19/2012Went to the Sunday brunch - it was fantastic! They had King Crab, large Shrimp and really good dishes in general - and the price was super reasonable considered to other brunches in the area. They also had an amazing Green Chile Pork Eggs Benedict. Cant wait to go back.Special Features:
- Very friendly. Generally attentiveBoomerVIPDined on 8/3/2012Very friendly. Generally attentive and very personable. Food is very good for your standard brunch fare. We remain repeat customers.Special Features:
- Had the sea bass,and expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/2/2012Had the sea bass,and expected the white beans etc to be under the fish , not a pot of the saltiest baked beans I had to leave on the plate. The hot metal of the pot had cooked the decorative ring of sprouts around it so they just looked dead and unappealing. $28.00 for that kind of food was an overpriced dissappointment.
- The breakfast buffet was veryURWhatUEatVIPDined on 7/21/2012The breakfast buffet was very very good - omelette bar, cereal bar, fruits, cured meats, varied bakery items, etc....well-worth the price! Service was exceptional as well! Both Donna & Chris were the best!Special Features:
- We really enjoyed the sundayOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/8/2012We really enjoyed the sunday brunch with bubbles. The food was excellent and fresh which you don't always find with buffets. There were different options to try and everything we did have was delicious. It seemed pretty quiet which was nice. Service was very good. We would go back for brunch again for sure.Special Features:
- The service was great. TheyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/29/2012The service was great. They have an eggplant butter that they bring to the table with perfect pita bread. The Italian buffet salads were good but the entres were so-so.
- My wife and I visited forAZoldguyDined on 6/24/2012My wife and I visited for Sunday brunch. Overall, I'd rate this venue as "mediocre": The menu was quite limited (for example, no carving station, several items too long on the steam table, limited salad "fixings", no fresh fruits, etc.); the service was barely adequate; and the price to value ratio was low. We're not planning a return visit anytime in the near future.
- Father's day free flowing3PearlsDined on 6/17/2012Father's day free flowing champagne was great value for the money. The service was excellent. The buffet selection was average...nothing special but still good.Special Features:
- enjoed buffet wth ahi tuna/shrimp.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/1/2012enjoed buffet wth ahi tuna/shrimp. Good value. Buffet could have better presentation.Special Features:
- Something changed the lastJustMyPointOfViewVIPDined on 5/16/2012Something changed the last time we visited. It's still good, but it didn't wow us like it usually does. We'll still be back though. Could have been an off day.Special Features:
- Great ambiance, lackluster serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/13/2012We had dinner at the Cafe Sunday afternoon, Mother's Day. The restaurant was nearly empty. Our server was inattentive and I had to ask multiple employees to have him come to the table. Because he wasn't delivering excellent customer service, the manager ended up delivering our food and waiting on us the rest of the meal. The food was good, the ambiance was good, but the service lacked. I am positive that a place as well known as the Westin Kierland typically delivers much better service than we received.Special Features:
- Wonderful dining experience!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/28/2012Our experience at Nellie's was fantastic!! Our server, KK, was very descriptive when describing the food and very accurate, she was excellent and provided us with a wonderful experience, which is why we will be coming back!!! Thanks, KK!!Special Features:
- Great service, food isn'tDubsVIPDined on 4/1/2012This restaurant used to have great cuisine but has unfortunately now gone too mainstream family for us to want to return.Special Features:
- We went to this for SundayOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/18/2012We went to this for Sunday Brunch. I thought the food was tasty and there was a lot of it. The atmosphere is not especially elegant, more of a comfortable feel.It was not very expensive, and therefore a good value overall.Special Features:
- We had brunch and we wereJimPVIPDined on 2/26/2012We had brunch and we were impressed at the presentation and quality of the food served. We always dine here at least once or twice when staying at the Kierland villas. The service was excellentSpecial Features:
- We waited for over an hourOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/23/2012We waited for over an hour for lunches that included only salads. Second experience outside when we told them we needed service within 15 minutes, actually worked. Food is good but they really need to work on their service.Special Features:
- Amazing food!! Andrew, ourOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/22/2012Amazing food!! Andrew, our server, was excellent. really enjoyed my dinner!!Special Features:
- What a view!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/22/2012What a relaxing atmosphere with delicious food. Had a couple of meals here while staying at the hotel and truly enjoyed them.Special Features:
- Visited for the ValentinesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2012Visited for the Valentines special dinner which was fantastic and the experience was memorable.Special Features:
- Substitutions AllowedJustMyPointOfViewVIPDined on 1/25/2012We enjoy this place. Usually eat here once or twice while staying at the Westin. This was the first time I didn't care for something we'd ordered. There seemed to be subtle changes to different items. The dip for the bread tasted different and was a thinner consistency, but still tasty. The margarita flatbread was thicker with more cheese and we had them add bell peppers which was very good, (but I think I like the thinner flatbread instead.) The sea bass was very good, but the side dish with the beans and sausage was not complimentary to the fish. Very strong flavor (my husband liked the taste, but agreed that it didn't go well with the fish.) It won't stop us from going back by any means, but I think I'll ask for a different side.Special Features:
- We went to Nellie Cashman'sOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/1/2012We went to Nellie Cashman's Monday Club Cafe for their New Year's Day brunch. Having never been there before, it was a more casual atmosphere than I expected for a Sunday brunch, let alone one for a holiday. The food was good, and there was a nice variety.Special Features:
- ColdOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2011Service was spotty, some food was delivered cold, some of the group waited over an hour for theirs. Duck confit flat bread was delicious, and will come back for a happy hour to just have that. Not thinking of doing dinner there again.Special Features:
- In spite of it being New YearsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2011In spite of it being New Years Eve, the staff did a very good job and the food was outstanding as always. The limited menu which is standard, is an asset.Special Features: