SHOR - Clearwater
301 Gulfview Blvd
Clearwater Beach, FL 33767Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
SHOR - Clearwater
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://shorclearwater.com/
- Phone: 7273734780
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 6:30am - 11:30pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 11:30pm - 3:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Richard Preston
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: SHOR has a private dining area that can accommodate up to 12 guests or also clients can utilize the Belleair/Beach Club room that can accommodate up to 100ppl. Both of these beautiful rooms have patio access and incredible beach views. We offer selections from the SHOR menu or your can choose a more upscale five course meal with wine pairing options. Please call today to book your special events at SHORr - voted one of Clearwaters top restaurants!
- Private Party Contact: Hyatt Catering 7273734444
- Entertainment: Live Music on Friday and Saturday at Skimmers Bar (7PM - 10PM) *In season
A word from SHOR - Clearwater
Come to SHOR and enjoy exceptional service and the freshest catch on the beach. SHOR restaurant an American seafood restaurant that is open for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. The dining room is highlighted by a beautiful show kitchen and breath taking views of Clearwater Beach. For lunch we have all of your favorites including our grouper sandwich, lobster sandwich, cobb salad, and grilled flank steak. For Dinner we have a variety of small plates from calamari to American blue crab cakes. We also feature our shellfish bar where you can pick individual items or have us create a platter for you. Our seafood and meat selections are the freshest available. We have all your favorites such as grouper, snapper, filet mignon, NY strip loin, lobster ravioli, and scallops.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
SHOR - Clearwater - Best Restaurants in Clearwater ›
SHOR - Clearwater reviews from OpenTable diners
48 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (37)great for outdoor dining (28)fit for foodies (21)special occasion (20)romantic (17)good for groups (14)kid-friendly (9)great for brunch (8)great for lunch (7)notable wine list (6)vibrant bar scene (6)hot spot (4)late-night find (4)neighborhood gem (2)Show More
- Great food!MaggieDined on 1/28/2014The food, location and service were amazing! I wish I lived close to this restaurant so I could eat there often!Special Features:
- Food excellent, service attentiveCaygeonrevDined on 1/9/2014Food excellent, service attentive but not intrusive. Waiter made recommendations on wine and food that were right on the mark. The lobster club is especially good. Only down side was actual restaurant was packed due to a convention, but we were housed in a banquet room with a nice ocean view. Will certainly return and bring friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch DateOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/6/2014Very nice get-a-way to the beach. The Hyatt AWESOME... and the staff truly right on!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ShorOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013Atmosphere was just ok. Nothing great. We felt very rushed as if they wanted to get us out fast. We ate at 8:30pm so there wasn't another seating behind us. We thought it was over priced. Noisy open area for seating.Special Features:
- Wonderful dining experience!ElvisVIPDined on 12/27/2013I was looking in open table for a good restaurant in the Clearwater area that wouldn't break the bank. The reviews were great so I made a reservation. I was a little concerned when I realized Shore was in the Hyatt Regency. We ventured out anyway and am glad we did. We all enjoyed our dinner and our server was on top of everything. We were chilly and were even given a small blanket to assist with that. The view is wonderful looking out on the beach. My only small concern was the noise level. The ceilings were very high and the restaurant was very open, even an open kitchen, so consequently, it was a little louder than I normally like. However, I plan to go back as the food and service were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service were veryCAB2013Dined on 12/25/2013Food and service were very good. Restaurant and parking are difficult to find. The restaurant is located on what seems a mezzanine, no ambience at all. Will not return for a Christmas dinner expected to be romantic.
- ALL employees EXTRA niceMKESTEPDined on 12/25/2013Rarely do I find a business/restaurant where every single person I make contact with is friendly, mannerly, helpful and a pleasure to interact with. I found the people at Shor this way, and I had to comment and compliment! PLUS the food and dining experience we had for Christmas dinner was memorable and outstanding. Steak was perfect, the grouper bites appetizer was delicious and every drink and dessert perfectly prepared and tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Christmas Eve DinnerPhoebeDined on 12/24/2013We had the trio of oysters rockefeller, fried calamari, and lobster ravioli between 2 people. Everything was excellent, plated beautifully, service exceptional. A great way to spend the holiday night.Special Features:
- Ocean views!GinnyGailVIPDined on 12/2/2013Fish tacos and grouper sandwich were delicious. Service was prompt and friendly. A window seat overlooking the ocean & beach was the frosting on the cake!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sit by the BarRoadhouse123Dined on 12/1/2013Sit by the bar not because you want to drink but because the service is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food with a Nice ViewGaryrmessDined on 11/30/2013We enjoyed our dining experience at SHOR. Very good food and service. We dined on the balcony which overlooks Clearwater Beach. Free valet parking is offered.Special Features:
- Should not have waited...25thAnniversaryDined on 11/30/2013My wife and I stayed at the Hyatt for our 25th anniversary and had dinner at Shor on the last night of our stay. We should have eaten there sooner! The service was great, friendly staff. The food was AWESOME. My wife had the pork chop and I had the steak. They were outstanding! I wish we had eaten there more than one time. We definitly recommend Shor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well deservedWoodyVIPDined on 11/28/2013We had our Thanksgiving dinner here. It was amazing. Service was beyond expectations and food hit the right spots with, of course, turkey then sweet potato puree, pretzel bread stuffing, and asparagus. A nice pinot noir to accent the entire meal. We'll definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ThanksgivingmikenfamilyDined on 11/28/2013Very nice Thanksgiving meal. The food was very good and the service was fantastic. Thank youSpecial Features:
- Best breakfast buffet in ClearwaterSimplydivineVIPDined on 11/24/2013We've been coming to Shor for breakfast and dinner since 2010 and it never disappoints. The breakfast/brunch buffet is incredible. Thanksgiving spread is remarkable! We love the staff and service is top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchluvtorideDined on 11/18/2013It was so wonderful to bring my visiting cousin to the Shor for lunch...We had a wonderful time sitting at the outside tables...The service was great and the food was fabulous!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentbeachloverDined on 11/16/2013This was my first time at Shor and my experience was wonderful. The food quality matched the price and the service was better than average. I will be back and highly recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as reviews statedDrkmoDined on 11/15/2013I booked a window table & stated we were celebrating a birthday. They called to confirm & I repeated my request. We got there and they acted like they had no idea this was my previous & repeated request. They attempted to seat us next to a table of 10 children next to the kitchen door. I said no but the hostess couldn't even hear me over the noise of their super loud singer. We finally got a booth away from the noise but no mention of my husbands birthday. The lobster ravioli was so heavy of onion that is all I could taste, and came with an onion shaving salad???? Gross . The only positive was our wonderful waiter. He so so friendly, upbeat, and professional that if we ever came back it would be because of him.
- DaveBmanVIPDined on 11/14/2013Visited Clearwater. Hotel is on the beach. We went in the evening so outdoor seating was uneventful. Would be great for afternoon sunset. Our waiter was excellent and made several excellent recommendations. Calamari strips were best we have had. Good crab cakes. Fish special was fantastic. We split the grouper with butternut squash purée. Excellent. Good wine selection. Prices were reasonable for hotel spot. Overall excellent experience. Go before sunset, walk the beach and then wine and dineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 22nd Anniversary DinnerpsychocudoDined on 11/9/2013Perfect! We just mentioned it and we received a delicious flourless chocolate cake from Shor Restaurant. we enjoyed it to the last crumb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You pay for what you get!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/9/2013My wife and I invited my sister who lives in Mideast were is the DELICIOUS food cook. The hostesses were wonderful and they found a great table as we requested. Our man Panagiotis (I have his name from the receipt) was GREAT! He was so friendly not just with us, but he was with all his tables guests around us! BTW, I was a server at the Grand Floridian Resort at WDW in Orlando almost 30 years ago and I know this business very well! Also, the supervisor or the floor manager was everywhere and helping everyone and even the busboy was very professional as well. The white sangria was soooo good! The fried Calamari was wooow as always! The main courses were awesome! I can't wait to go back again! Thanks to everyone made our night a great nigh!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/3/2013My wife and I dined at SHOR for our anniversary. The restaurant honored my request via OpenTable for a window table where we could watch the sunset. It was a beautiful day and the view did not disappoint. The food was fantastic and the service was friendly and helpful. Thanks SHOR for making it a memorable anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was prepared wellJKMISSISSIPPIDined on 10/20/2013The food was prepared well but took a little longer than desired. Great ambience and really good food. My only negative would be the pricing is 5 star and the food quality and presentation is 3.5 stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great views!!!!LanieDined on 10/17/2013We were celebrating our wedding anniversary and after doing a search on Open Table & Yelp decided on this place. We went a few days before to "check it out" and see menu. The hostess was very helpful and recommended we change our reservation to see "the sunset" and boy was that a great experience. We arrived and were given table 21 with a spectacular view of sunset and also in direct view if open kitchen. That was awesome to see the chef at work!!! The food was outstanding. Lobster Mac and cheese was amazing, as well as, crab cakes & stone crab claws that were in season. Lighting and ambiance was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful sunsetTallyDinerDined on 10/10/2013May not be as nice in the heat of the summer, but on 10/10 the weather was very pleasant - cool and not a cloud. Dined on the patio and had a perfect sunset over the Gulf. Went with appetizers for dinner, and all were well prepared. Can't speak to the inside of the restaurant, but if the weather is nice, SHOR's outdoor area is worth a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great grouperBookgirlVIPDined on 10/5/2013The grouper was fantastic, a really great piece of fish cooked perfectlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time!ShannanTDined on 9/21/2013We are locals that decided to try a hotel restaurant based on the reviews. We were very happy we decided to try it. Food and ambience were awesome. Unfortunately our server got four tables all at once so the service was slow. Drinks also took a while since the bar was backed up for a wedding. But we really didn't mind since the view was awesome and everything that came out was perfection!! Definitely will be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never lets me downKatieVIPDined on 9/10/2013I travel to Tampa for business and always make a point of driving to Clearwater for dinner at SHOR. The food is outstanding every time. I also like that they offer a healthy choice option for many entrees which is a smaller portion of food. The scallops are excellent every time as well as the goat cheese and truffle fries. Aki was a great server and Corey attended to us also and was very nice and friendly. The view is also wonderful.Special Features:
- will go backfivefourdinnerDined on 9/9/2013My sister work for the hotel, we stayed there and eat there all I can say is you will not be disappointed. food, hotel and location was great! Can't wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and awesome views!AwesomeashDined on 9/6/2013View of the sunset is spectacular on Clearwater beach, and I thought the food was above average, and great service.Special Features:
- Place to go!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2013We had the best time at SHOR and the food was out of this world!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Absolutely AWFUL experience...OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/1/2013We love the Hyatt Shor in the Keys; we thought we would give our local Hyatt Shor a try. From the minute we walked in, we were VERY disappointed! First, they tried to seat us in an area where they were having a Kids Dinner buffet!! There were kids everywhere, and the noise was unbearable. I politely requested a new table, which was greeted by rolled eyes, and a sigh. They put us at a table in the "Open" kitchen area, where we were front and center to the whole cooking process, except for the fact that the chefs argued the whole time! Our waitress was never available, and constantly forgot our requests for a wine glass, a napkin and of course our dinner! After 75 minutes without our food, and watched everyone around us get served, we left!!
- Good night outDCgruberDined on 9/1/2013Although we aren't guests of the Hyatt we decided to check this place out. Of the week we spent in CB this was our favorite dinner due to the great food and exceptional service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Service and Foodgator06Dined on 9/1/2013First is the service. Our server was phenomenal. He was very attentive to our needs and suggested some great items. Checked in with us just enough to take care of us without being over present. The food was amazing as well. Everything seemed very simple but it was knocked out of the park with the execution. The filet was one of the best I have eaten in the area. The sides were awesome as well and they will get you whatever sides you would like without any trouble.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We melted away waiting for our servSkiddyDined on 8/30/2013The Shor has one of the best dinning views around town. Unfortunately their air conditioning cant keep the restaurant cool enough to enjoy it. The server stated they deal with this every night during summer temps. It was our 10th wedding anniversary and we sweated through the entire meal. The server was so overworked that we had to wait at least 10 min. in between courses while he waited on the other tables. We asked for our menus back so we could fan ourselves throughout our dinner. We paid a lot for that dinner and had expected much more from a Hyatt establishment. The food was just OK. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone until the place deals with the A/C problems.Special Features:
- Outstanding attention to detailJeffSDined on 8/9/2013Excellent restaurant. This was our first visit, but it won't be our last. This is a restaurant that understands customer service and how to deliver both a great meal and a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Excellent service, great foodBerryDined on 8/5/2013This restaurant is on the second floor of the Hyatt hotel. We used open table for reservations with a remark for a specific seating. That came all through and we were welcomed nicely and with enthusiasm. The waitress helped us choose the wines we really were after and she did a great job. The wine list is more than adequate and the special Hyatt Selection a true enjoyable wine. The meals were well prepared and looked great. We would definitely recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very ImpressedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/30/2013Haven't been in about a year and was very impressed with newer upgraded menu and staff. Dan was wonderful and knowledgeable and made my family feel special. We will definitely be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deliciousfoodluvahDined on 7/28/2013The food was amazing. They prepare everything so fresh and un really unique combinations. The calamari was by far the best I have ever had. Truly blew me away and with a view in the beach the sunset was spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overview!!luvtorideDined on 7/24/2013What a wonderful meal I had!!! You never disappoint me....This was my third visit and the food was just over the top!!! The lobster and mac and cheese is always the best. Thanks again!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.