SHOR - Clearwater
301 Gulfview Blvd
Clearwater Beach, FL 33767Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
SHOR - Clearwater
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://shorclearwater.com/
- Phone: 7273734780
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 6:30am - 11:30pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 11:30pm - 3:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Richard Preston
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: SHOR has a private dining area that can accommodate up to 12 guests or also clients can utilize the Belleair/Beach Club room that can accommodate up to 100ppl. Both of these beautiful rooms have patio access and incredible beach views. We offer selections from the SHOR menu or your can choose a more upscale five course meal with wine pairing options. Please call today to book your special events at SHORr - voted one of Clearwaters top restaurants!
- Private Party Contact: Hyatt Catering 7273734444
- Entertainment: Live Music on Friday and Saturday at Skimmers Bar (7PM - 10PM) *In season
A word from SHOR - Clearwater
Come to SHOR and enjoy exceptional service and the freshest catch on the beach. SHOR restaurant an American seafood restaurant that is open for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. The dining room is highlighted by a beautiful show kitchen and breath taking views of Clearwater Beach. For lunch we have all of your favorites including our grouper sandwich, lobster sandwich, cobb salad, and grilled flank steak. For Dinner we have a variety of small plates from calamari to American blue crab cakes. We also feature our shellfish bar where you can pick individual items or have us create a platter for you. Our seafood and meat selections are the freshest available. We have all your favorites such as grouper, snapper, filet mignon, NY strip loin, lobster ravioli, and scallops.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
SHOR - Clearwater - Best Restaurants in Clearwater ›
SHOR - Clearwater reviews from OpenTable diners
53 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (40)great for outdoor dining (30)special occasion (25)romantic (21)fit for foodies (20)good for groups (12)great for lunch (11)kid-friendly (10)great for brunch (9)notable wine list (7)vibrant bar scene (7)neighborhood gem (3)hot spot (3)late-night find (3)Show More
- Cold FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/20/2014We went for the Easter Buffet. There was an excellent variety of food and everything was beautiful. The food however, was barely warm on almost all items that should have been hot. Additionally some of the items lacked flavor/seasoning. Our server was very polite and personable. Overall we were dissapointed and most likely will not return.Special Features:
- Great View and FoodDolceSuVIPDined on 4/20/2014We really enjoy eating at Shor's. The food is always good and the breakfast buffet was fantastic! Our waiter - Tim, was exceptional. We plan on going back again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Breakfast in ClearwatermedusadeeDined on 4/20/2014Service was good, food was very good, and view to clearwater beach was soothing.Special Features:
- Wonderful foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/19/2014I had the mahi mahi over jasmine rice and it was fantastic but even better was the duck special!!! The duck breast was Perfectly cooked and seasoned!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too PriceydineoutoftenDined on 4/19/2014The wine was way too pricey for the amount given. The food was delicious but not worth the price tag. We will not be back!
- great mealDskoochVIPDined on 4/18/2014Service was very good. Calamari appetizer was delicious. I had cioppino, which was good& fresh, but would try something else if I went back. We had ahi tuna, which was a special that night. It was very good. I would recommend it again. It is a little more expensive than just your average night out, so maybe save it for a special occasion, but it is worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SHOR HyattShellyDined on 4/15/2014The lobster club with coconut slaw was incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great viewJerseyNancyVIPDined on 4/6/2014We had a great dinner. Beautiful view of the beach and the sunset. Food was very good, not a lot for the price. You pay a premium for the location. The lobster Mac and cheese was really good and so were the scallops. The goat cheese fires were excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, entertaining viewDontGetOutMuchDined on 4/5/2014Food is great here, good wine list, good service. We did eat outside on the terrace and got much entertainment value from the traffic on Gulfview. Some cruisers, mostly tourists, all pretty boisterous. The restaurant is part of the Hyatt resort, so it's kid-friendly as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good seafoodDMN9Dined on 4/4/2014We ate out on the balcony at sunset which was nice, though the balcony sits above a road which can be noisy in the evening. Food was very good, with a wide choice of quality seafood. This place is not high end but therefore informal with food that will not disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic Sunset ViewMiusaxlDined on 4/3/2014Everything was great, although there was a lengthy wait between appetizers and main courses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a great tourist stopmabflaDined on 3/30/2014can't deny the scenery. You have to make sounds of pleasure with the food…. a memorable night great martinisSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was read when wefefeDined on 3/26/2014Everything was read when we arrived - Reserved flowers and all set for two with flowers at table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great fishGregVIPDined on 3/21/2014Wonderful fresh fish. Chef uses local fruits and veggiesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty but priceyCoffeeDoggieDined on 3/19/2014The food was very good, and well prepared. Desserts were outstanding! Quality not withstanding, you pay a significant price for the Gulf of Mexico view. Our server, Kia, was terrific.Special Features:
- We have dined there 2 timesOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/15/2014We have dined there 2 times this week. Our first visit was on a weekday and the food and service were very good. We went again on Saturday and our experience was vastly different. The food and service were both spotty at best. Our food was a bit underdone and the server was covering too many tables. I am reluctant to try it again for fear of having another disappointing meal. I also must admit that I found it a bit too loud on both occasions.Special Features:
- When we arrived we were satOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/1/2014When we arrived we were sat next to a family of four. One kid was screaming and the other was running around the table. I asked to be moved and was but the screaming kid could be heard throughout the restaurant. That family left about 30 mins later but I would warn anyone that is going out for a pleasant dinner that there were alot of families with young kids. If you are trying to get a night out without your kids, this is not the place for you. The food was excellent.Special Features:
- Not ThrilledLeanneDined on 3/1/2014SHOR's atmosphere is nice, the service was great, but the portions were too light/small for what you pay. We don't mind the drink prices, but expect to actually get more than 1/8 of the glass filled when drinking wine. Even the martini glasses were smaller than at other fine dining establishments. Because of the lack of food and wine in relation to the prices, we were disappointed and will not return.Special Features:
- deliciousGillesDined on 2/28/2014If the drinks are a bit weak the food is superb. The service was also first class. If I remember correctly the name Nathan gave a perfect breifing on the menu even repeating when we were not sure. Altogether a wonderfull experience in dining. I would recommend Shor anytime for a delicious experience at an affordable price for the quality of the food served. With a view on the kitchen we were able to see whath was being prepared and everything look delicious. Comming from Montréal we know a good restaurant when we experience one. Shor is one of them.
- Bar food in an upscale settingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/19/2014Food was very disappointing for every member of our party. They did not even offer a fresh fish as the fresh catch (offered a steak filet instead???) I would never dine at shor again . Much better restaurants in Tampa and Tampa bay! !!Special Features:
- disappointmentFoodPoliceDined on 2/19/2014Yes, it has a scenic view of the Gulf. But most everything else about our dining experience was less than satisfactory. Waiter was annoying, drinks were VERY weak. (little or no alcohol) and the meals were less than great.
- Watch the SunsetGreatVIPDined on 2/18/2014outdoor patio has stunning view of the beach. large outdoor patio. My wife's fish was not cooked well enough for her, they took it back prepared it perfectly and gave us a discount on dinner bill. The service was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top NotchKayMDined on 2/16/2014Wonderful experience. Great food done right, warm and friendly hostess, knowledgeable and pleasant servers. Fantastic water view location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- valentines dayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014In short, the staff was great but the food was overpriced and not very appealing. I didnt complain because it was vday but i wouldn't have paid that much for a mediocre meal otherwise.
- So SoRocketmanDined on 2/14/2014This place is rather expensive and doesn't live up to the price. The food was very good but the service was rather amateur and not well coordinated. I don't mind paying $250 for a meal if the service and ambiance are top notch. SHOR just fell a little SHORt in my opinion. Not awful, just not awesome.
- Perfect ValentineOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014This is the perfect place to take your bride when you don't mind the price and you like to take your time and enjoy the beautiful view of Clearwater Beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Hotel RestaurantGr8ScotDined on 2/14/2014Valentines Day reservations. Received promptly by the host staff and seated at out table. We requested, and got, a table with a view of the beach (stunning.) The dinning room is clean and open. But, the decorations are drab and boring. 5 course pre-fixed menu. Wait staff were outstanding: attentive, friendly and worked hard to meet our needs. Hyatt's determination to make service a priority is notable. Restaurant was packed but the noise level was never outrageous and did not impact the service. Food portion sizes, pacing and presentation was excellent. However, I do not share SHOR's love affair with salt. All the proteins were over seasoned. We will try this restaurant again and will recommend to others.Special Features:
- Shockinlgy DisappointingDaveVIPDined on 2/13/2014We have rarely been so disappointed at a four diamond property. The service was abysmal and not well timed. The two extra service locations at a table of four were never removed and unfortunately we had to ask the waiter for additional serving pieces to complete our setting. The table adjacent to us was very noisy complicated by a baby troller and people dressed in t shirts. This is unacceptable at places of this caliber. The waiter, although pleasant, was completely over his head. The steak was of sub standard quality. The dining room manager was very nice, but way too much money was spent on this evening.
- Valentine's DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/12/2014The only thing that went wrong with the dinner was parking. It was confusing to find and when we did we parked in the wrong garage. It took us about twenty and a long walk to find the restaurant. Everyone we asked in the surf store did not know that the restaurant was next to them. It was very frustrating. I also ordered flowers to be delivered but they where cancelled a few hours before the dinner. They offered a refund or to deliver at a different address but the moment was gone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/11/2014Pleasantly surprised. Food was exceptional Staff was friendly and helpful. Server could have been a little better trained. Our server was a little preoccupied. We felt like his priority was not our table At the end of the evening a fabulous meal & a wonderful timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeGoodorBadDined on 2/1/2014Best calamari around. Drinks, salad, seafood were all very good. Waiter was very helpful and friendly. Location afforded a walk on the beach afterwards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!MaggieDined on 1/28/2014The food, location and service were amazing! I wish I lived close to this restaurant so I could eat there often!Special Features:
- Food excellent, service attentiveCaygeonrevDined on 1/9/2014Food excellent, service attentive but not intrusive. Waiter made recommendations on wine and food that were right on the mark. The lobster club is especially good. Only down side was actual restaurant was packed due to a convention, but we were housed in a banquet room with a nice ocean view. Will certainly return and bring friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch DateOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/6/2014Very nice get-a-way to the beach. The Hyatt AWESOME... and the staff truly right on!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ShorOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013Atmosphere was just ok. Nothing great. We felt very rushed as if they wanted to get us out fast. We ate at 8:30pm so there wasn't another seating behind us. We thought it was over priced. Noisy open area for seating.Special Features:
- Wonderful dining experience!ElvisVIPDined on 12/27/2013I was looking in open table for a good restaurant in the Clearwater area that wouldn't break the bank. The reviews were great so I made a reservation. I was a little concerned when I realized Shore was in the Hyatt Regency. We ventured out anyway and am glad we did. We all enjoyed our dinner and our server was on top of everything. We were chilly and were even given a small blanket to assist with that. The view is wonderful looking out on the beach. My only small concern was the noise level. The ceilings were very high and the restaurant was very open, even an open kitchen, so consequently, it was a little louder than I normally like. However, I plan to go back as the food and service were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service were veryCAB2013Dined on 12/25/2013Food and service were very good. Restaurant and parking are difficult to find. The restaurant is located on what seems a mezzanine, no ambience at all. Will not return for a Christmas dinner expected to be romantic.
- ALL employees EXTRA niceMKESTEPDined on 12/25/2013Rarely do I find a business/restaurant where every single person I make contact with is friendly, mannerly, helpful and a pleasure to interact with. I found the people at Shor this way, and I had to comment and compliment! PLUS the food and dining experience we had for Christmas dinner was memorable and outstanding. Steak was perfect, the grouper bites appetizer was delicious and every drink and dessert perfectly prepared and tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Christmas Eve DinnerPhoebeDined on 12/24/2013We had the trio of oysters rockefeller, fried calamari, and lobster ravioli between 2 people. Everything was excellent, plated beautifully, service exceptional. A great way to spend the holiday night.Special Features:
- Ocean views!GinnyGailVIPDined on 12/2/2013Fish tacos and grouper sandwich were delicious. Service was prompt and friendly. A window seat overlooking the ocean & beach was the frosting on the cake!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.