1220 19th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20036Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.iricchidc.com/
- Phone: 2028350459x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 1:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Christianne Ricchi
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We cater small - medium sized events.
A word from i Ricchi
A restaurant specializing in the preparation of "Cucina Rustica" - Tuscan country-style cooking.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
i Ricchi - Best Restaurants in Dupont Circle ›
i Ricchi reviews from OpenTable diners
216 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (116)fit for foodies (99)romantic (92)neighborhood gem (53)great for lunch (51)notable wine list (50)good for groups (40)great for outdoor dining (21)hot spot (13)great for brunch (6)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- When I made the reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/11/2008When I made the reservation on OpenTable, I had requested a quiet table to ensure easier conversation. I was born deaf and sometimes surrounding noise levels make it difficult for me to hear my dinner companion. As I approacded the entrance to I Ricchi, I was greeted and both doors were opened for me, which I always appreciate, and I gave the maitre de my name and he said, 'yes, you requested a quiet table'. I was very impressed that my comments were read and that we were given a very nice, quiet table. I will recommend I Ricchi to friends, co-workers and anyone who requests a very nice restaurant in DC. Thank-you, Evelyn PrestoshSpecial Features:
- Reported by phone yesterdayOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/9/2008Reported by phone yesterday but asked valet for cab.. he directed my boss to a car sitting at curb. i asked, "is this a cab". Valet said YES When he arrived at J.W. Marriott and asked fare, driver said "whatever you want to pay?" My boss said "I paid $8 to come over in a cab" Guy moaned and said NO. . he wanted $15. . so my boss paid and got a receipt. This is terrible to happen to an I Ricchi customer even though outside your establishment but with a contract person working there. Thanks, Tom WhiteheadSpecial Features:
- This is my favorite restaurantMRTVDined on 6/3/2008This is my favorite restaurant in the world! I've been coming here for 10 years when visiting DC and it has been consistently incredible.
- We indulged in the Chef'sSCD2VIPDined on 5/29/2008We indulged in the Chef's tasting menu, which included more food than one could possibly eat in one sitting -- and what a shame because it was all sensational. Don't let the word "rustic," which is often applied to I Ricchi's cuisine, fool you. This is FINE dining! In my opinion, one of the finest in DC. And the friendly, knowledgeable, and attentive service was beyond impeccable.Special Features:
- my dinner date and i foundbingoVIPDined on 5/20/2008my dinner date and i found the food very mediocre and uneven. we had a misto appetizer and a misto main course. both had some elements that were inedible and some that were ok. for the prices, tho, it was a bad showing. also, the half bottle of wine we ordered was bad and the waiter didn't know how to handle it. more because he didn't have the experience than the desire to fix it. we probably won't go back any time soon.
- One of the dining highlightsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/16/2008One of the dining highlights of our trip to DC. We have traveled in Italy extensively over the past 25 years and have close Italian friends who have taught us to be very selective when choosing Italian restaurants in the US. They would have been pleased with the entire dining experience. We will definitely come back on our next trip to DC. and will encourage others we know traveling to DC to eat at I Ricchi. David Via, Ph.D, Elizabeth Torres Via, M.D.Special Features:
- While the food was excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/16/2008While the food was excellent and the wine list extensive we did not consider it value for money.Special Features:
- Due to its location, the pricesOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 5/14/2008Due to its location, the prices are a tad high for what you get, especially wines.Special Features:
- My family and I had a wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/10/2008My family and I had a wonderful monther's day celebration.Special Features:
- First seated in rear roomTeriDined on 5/9/2008First seated in rear room of restaurant (by ourselves) when tables available in front room. Very noisy and next to kitchen. After appetizer course, asked to move and was accomodated. Waiter excellent.Special Features:
- I love this restaurant. TheLegalladyDined on 5/9/2008I love this restaurant. The food is very good and the Risotto is excellent. I always enjoy my selection and the staff is lovely. The restaurant is romantic and quaint. I bring all of my friends and dates to I Ricchis. Thanks again.Special Features:
- I had a great time duringOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/8/2008I had a great time during my lunch meeting. However, the only suggestion that I have is to ask the staff to allow a reasonable amount of time go by before picking up a customer's plate. I had just placed my fork down as I finished my fish and hadn't touched the potatoes / vegetables and the bus boy quickly asked if I was done and picked up my plate. I felt as though he was waiting for that second when I placed my fork down to come over. To be honest, I was not completely sure that I was done because I wasn't given much time to think about it. But since my guest was finished, I agreed to have them take my plate away. In the future, I would appreciate a little more time to relax and eat my meal without fearing that it will be taken.Special Features:
- Second time at this restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/5/2008Second time at this restaurant. A bit disappointed this time. Meats (veal, chicken) were dry and on the tough side; probably overcooked. Mushroom appetizer at $18 was just 1/2 cup of mixed mushrooms -- no presentation, bland taste, just dropped on the plate. Waiter was responsive, but not really engaged. Compared to other DC restaurants, the place looked tired and old. All in all, not a great dining experience and would not go back.Special Features:
- The food is good, but theluigiVIPDined on 5/3/2008The food is good, but the prices are too high, at least for satrters - most salads almost $20. The wine guy started out sugesting a $250 bottle- very over priced list generally also we got there at 8:30 sat night and felt rushed. still a good quality italian spot but need to be careful
- I enjoyed a wonderful mealOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/2/2008I enjoyed a wonderful meal with superb service. Many thanksSpecial Features:
- The food was good not great.RadhaDined on 4/28/2008The food was good not great. Pricey for what you get. I expected more from the Zagat rating it was given.
- Welcoming for an older crowdzachary86VIPDined on 4/26/2008Welcoming for an older crowd and more sophisticated diners. The food was delicious,the service was unbelievable, however the ambiance is a little too formal. I was thoroughly pleased with my overall experience.Special Features:
- Absolutely the BEST primeOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/26/2008Absolutely the BEST prime rib in the city which you can only get on the weekends. We go there just for the prime rib which is so tender you can cut it a butter knife. It is slow cooked overnight and amazing. I never even liked prime rib until I tried it at I Ricchi.Special Features:
- We very much enjoyed our dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 4/26/2008We very much enjoyed our dinner. The service was outstanding and the food was some of the best Italian food we have had outside of Italy. We would certainly go again, next time we will be sure to have more time to enjoy our visit.Special Features:
- Food was great! Our waiterOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/25/2008Food was great! Our waiter seemed to know exactly what we wanted and anticipated every need. It was noisy but that seemed due to a wedding party in an adjacent room. I will go back often.Special Features:
- Wonderful, attentive serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/23/2008Wonderful, attentive service and excellent italian wine list. Expensive but not outrageously so.Special Features:
- Pastas excellent, specialSeajayDined on 4/16/2008Pastas excellent, special bruschetta not quite as good, pork chop a little overcooked (asked for medium) but very flavorful. Would and already have recommended to friends. Thank you for the birthday menu with my name. My husband thought there might be a little something with a candle in it. Nice having valet parking. We've both lived and worked in DC area for years -- husband is working there for 2 1/2 months this time so perhaps we'll see you again before long. Thanks. C. J. Berwick, Proprietor - The Fish House and Fish House Encore Restaurants, Key Largo, FL (www.fishhouse.com)Special Features:
- I was disappointed in my experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/16/2008I was disappointed in my experience at i ricchi. The waiter had a fight with a busboy at our table that ended in some dishes being broken. Although the two tried to muffle their argument it was very unprofessional. The waiter pushed extra food (why would a waiter recommend tomatoes and mozzarella in April in DC? The tomatoes were, as you would guess, pretty bad). The homemade pasta which I had heard from other reviewers was so good was not so good this night. The pasta (in a sage butter sauce) we shared was under cooked in places so that there were hard bits in the dough. For this amount of money I expected better.Special Features:
- We got a fine, but not particularlyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/12/2008We got a fine, but not particularly extraordinary meal at an extraordinary price. The food was well prepared, tasty and filling. But there was nothing memorable about it. But there was no "wow." Service was professional but a little too attentive. The waiter frequently interrupted us and strongly pushed the specials (after insinuating that other items we were considering were not very good, an odd thing to hear in any restaurant). And he and the others seemed to be rushing us to make decisions and get through our meal. Finally, when we booked through Open Table, we noted it was our anniversary, but iRicchi apparently didn't get the message. In summary, we expected more for the money and from a restaurant of this reputation.
- The food is real authenticOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/9/2008The food is real authentic stuff. Try the Penne Straciacatte or their risotto of the day, followed by a nice center cut fileto zingara or lamb with plumb sauce. However, it's the service that'll blow you away. With higher end restaurants, it's the service that really make people keep coming back, and its absolutely the case with i Ricchi. Service is very friendly, prompt, and always there to help, whether its selecting a wine that compliments your meal, hailing a cab for you, or suggesting activities or things to do while in the DC area, the service goes above and beyond anything you're used to from a normal restaurant. A+ food and A+ service = a place I would go back to time and time again!Special Features:
- The sea bass was incredible.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/1/2008The sea bass was incredible. The only surprise on the downside was the pasta -- undercooked and lacking flavor in comparison to the salad, mushroom dish and the sea bass. All in all a very enjoyable meal.Special Features:
- The restaurant's policy whichOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/31/2008The restaurant's policy which threatens a $50 per person charge if an Open Table reservation is canceled may limit my future visits. The food, wine and service were superb, but the noise was overwhelming, requiring we yell across the table to be heard. When we arrived, the maitre 'd refused to seat us because we thought one member of our party was not yet there (in fact, she was in the bar), but there was no provision for sitting, so we had to stand in the entrance way... very odd of a restaurant of the caliber, especially considering there were many empty tables at that time.Special Features:
- I was not as impressed asOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/29/2008I was not as impressed as I was built up to be before going.
- The food and service weregenesDined on 3/28/2008The food and service were impeccable. One of the best Italian mealas since we were in Florence.Special Features:
- It was a Friday lunch in downtownKenADined on 3/28/2008It was a Friday lunch in downtown DC. Service was a bit slow despite what appeared to be an ample wait staff and a rather uncomplicated menu choices (steak salad and standard luncheon salmon plate). I have had far better tables when I booked on my own however. Could be that my guest at lunch was rather casual even for a Friday and they placed us at a lousy table.Special Features:
- The restaurant is very popularOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/22/2008The restaurant is very popular and on a busy Sat. night was loud. Tables are close together so it is difficult to maneuver among them. Service was slow but they were very busy. We did not order the appropriate entree both choosing steak and rib of beef which were very good but it would have been better to order one of their regional specialities. We have eaten at I Ricchi before but not for several years. We will go there again.Special Features:
- Very poor service. ManagementOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 10/22/2007Very poor service. Management would not assist with food problems. Fraud commited with credit card used for purchase of meal. Be very careful here. Will not ever go back!
- Don't eat here unless youOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/31/2007Don't eat here unless you stick with what you want and do not let waiter convince you to go for Chef's selection or to choose wine for you. It's like a bait & switch electronics store. They switched our waiter with a more polished waiter who ran up our bill at will. Took daughter here when we dropped her off for college at friend's suggestion. We are from NYC area and are not unsophisticated, but the bill was outrageous. Kept pouring wine before our glasses were empty. Ordered different half bottle for us when we did not want another full bottle; half bottle was more than a full bottle of our original wine. Bill was $832; husband said no way to him. He came back and bill miraculously was changed to $455 & was in line with what we expected.
- I was disappointed with theOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 1/13/2007I was disappointed with the service during restaurant week.
- My wife and I went there forOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/11/2007My wife and I went there for resturant week and were treated horribly. I would never eat there again
- Visited during DC Restaurantemc3e17Dined on 1/10/2007Visited during DC Restaurant Week. Food was not as good as I had heard, and service was very slow. Willing to try again but not during Restaurant Week.
- I did not enjoy my experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/9/2006I did not enjoy my experience at i Ricchi as much as I thought I would. I had heard such great things about this restaurant that I was expecting to be blown away, and it was just okay. It's also on the pricey side.
- Excellent food, service, andOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/22/2006Excellent food, service, and wine list at reasonable prices.Special Features:
- The food was very good andElizaBDined on 10/1/2005The food was very good and plentiful portions, but how it is advertized as "the best Italian" outside of Italy, not quite. The prices were high and we knew they would be, but we didn't expect to be rushed through our meal. The reservation had been made 3-4 weeks proir so they knew it was for a special occasion, our daughter-in-law's birthday. There was nothing done that was special.
- ran out of item on menu duringOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/2/2005ran out of item on menu during dinner and gave us a more expensive meal for the same price as the one we wanted first