1220 19th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20036Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.iricchidc.com/
- Phone: 2028350459x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 1:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Christianne Ricchi
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We cater small - medium sized events.
A word from i Ricchi
A restaurant specializing in the preparation of "Cucina Rustica" - Tuscan country-style cooking.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
i Ricchi - Best Restaurants in Dupont Circle ›
i Ricchi reviews from OpenTable diners
233 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (121)fit for foodies (101)romantic (99)neighborhood gem (65)notable wine list (58)great for lunch (54)great for outdoor dining (39)good for groups (38)hot spot (12)great for brunch (8)kid-friendly (7)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Best italian food in DCDavideDined on 8/8/2014I Ricchi is probably the best italian restaurant in DC I discovered so far. Appetizers are tasty and pretty big and the pasta is perfectly cooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food were yummy!MaigirlDined on 8/8/2014We really like the atmosphere inside the restaurant. The food were great. We enjoyed it very much. Our waitress was super nice and very helpful. We definitely will come back again. One drawback was that we have difficult time finding parking in DC. The waitress did inform us next time we should use their valet parking, it's FREE. We will definitely do that next time :-)Special Features:
- Past it's primeJim1Dined on 8/7/2014The welcome, service and ambience were excellent but the food was disappointing at best.Special Features:
- dissatisfiedVIPDined on 8/4/2014Th quality is really going down. The food was terrible. I will not return
- A Real GemNana7VIPDined on 8/1/2014I've been to iRicchi about a dozen times in the past few years and have never been disappointed. The restaurant is lovely, the wait staff is wonderful, and the food is delicious. What more could you want?Special Features:
- Regular diner very disappointedDCFoodieSusanVIPDined on 7/31/2014I used to eat here regularly (live in neighborhood) and, on Tuesdays, it's half off for their women's club (join online). My guests and I often overlooked the snooty service despite the high price because the food was so good. After my experience a few days ago, I don't plan to return any time soon. While the appetizers were good, I sent back my fish entre bc it wasn't cooked to my request - the server acted like it was my fault. The hostess returned the entre to do me and said, "maybe this will be done way you more like" but no apology. I left half of it uneaten - but no discount to the check. The owner was even in the kitchen when I sent back the meal. $200 bill (incl tip). My guest (in town from Austria) was appalled.Special Features:
- DC DiningGrouponFoodieDined on 7/28/2014I saw this restaurant on groupon and decided to give it a try since it was such a great. The food was great and the service was exceptional. I would definitely go back and plan to in the near future.Special Features:
- Second visit but not as impressedcm0013aVIPDined on 7/28/2014We all enjoyed our food quite a bit but we were a little surprised by how overly attentive out waitress was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/28/2014I went on a groupon and was treated any different. The food was amazing the service was even better. We left a $25 tip thus explaining how impressed i was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MemorieschefbarrDined on 7/26/2014We were greeted with a warm he'll by the hostess. Which led us to a beautifully warm server. She offered great suggestions for our menu selection and was very attentive. The whole restaurant move with a smooth rhythm. We can't wait to come back and try it again. This time we will try the restaurant's pasta dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Meal!FoodieDined on 7/26/2014The caprese and prosciutto melone were amazing appetizers! For entrees, my friend and I ordered the Filetto alla Zingara and Rockfish special, both of which were absolutely delicious! The only thing that wasn't the greatest was the bread you receive once you are seated. It was a bit dry, but that wasn't the main focus anyway. The staff was incredibly attentive and polite. We will definitely go back again for a special occasion.Special Features:
- DisappointedNYGuyInDCVIPDined on 7/25/2014The good was very very average. I was really disappointed after having read some of the terrific reviews this place had received. THE BREAD WAS AWFUL. I don't think I've ever said that about a place in my life but it was really terrible. Not stale or old, just tasted BAD. Or perhaps better put tasted like paper. I can't express how bad me and my dinner companions thought the bread was. And all three of us thought each of our different entrees were average at best. I wouldn't go back.
- Excellent food, wine & serviceDivineDiningDined on 7/24/2014My friend & I were visiting Washington DC on vacation. We were staying at Dupont Circle. We found a fabulous deal on Groupon. We didn't know what to expect here. Our experience was beyond anything we could have imagined. We had a wonderful server, and the food & wine were divine. All of the staff were great. It was a great ending to our vacation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Evening with friendsFrankGVIPDined on 7/23/2014We choose i Ricchi for dinner with friends from out of town. Turned out to be a GREAT choice all around. The service, food, and setting were outstanding. Two hours flew by way too fast. My wife has already told me we will be returning--- soon!Special Features:
- Step Back in TimeGastronomyHunterVIPDined on 7/22/2014I Ricchi is to Italian fine dining in 2014 what a Pinto is to a Tesla. While the finest Italian restaurants in the US have progressed to using the freshest local ingredients and have really made efforts to offer fare reminiscent of what one would find in Italy, i Ricchi appears stuck in the 1980s. A dish with "white truffles" in July? Sure, they have it. A salad with tired arugula and radicchio? Of course. An "al burro e salvia" with the pasta sitting in a pool of melted butter with barely any sage flavor? Of course. A short, over-priced wine list without any terrific offerings from small producers? Yep, it's here. Tosca remains the place to go in Washington, DC when I desire a meal approaching what I could find in Italy.
- Very nice!BillmurrayDined on 7/21/2014Excellent service from Said and assistant servers. Adequate wine selections. Very well paced. Probably ordered too much food but it was all excellent. On the pricy side but it is DC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Supurb restaurantsharjohnVIPDined on 7/21/2014Food and service were outstanding. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- great italianSusanVIPDined on 7/21/2014I have eaten here several times and I am consistently impressed with the food and service. I tried the Salmon on my last visit and it was delicious, I would also recommend the roasted beet salad and the polenta and mushroom salad, but everything I have tried is delicious.Special Features:
- Still improvingIrnieVIPDined on 7/19/2014After several visits over the past few years i Ricchi has become one of our staples for dining out with friends. Last visit was a wonderful experience. Our waiter Mario was a font of information and was attentive without being overwhelming. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellet serviceGinnyVIPDined on 7/19/2014I used a living social coupoon but i received the same level of customer service as if i was a regular-paying customer. best disih is the calamari and the penne pasta. meat and fish dishes for the main entree were not outstanding as the sauces were too starchy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Experience!BillmillDined on 7/18/2014My wife and I celebrated our anniversary here on a Friday night. The atmostphere was great for a quiet, romantic dinner. The food was excellent but the service was even better. I would highly recommend asking for Said. He made the perfect suggestions and was very attentive. Can't wait to go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I RicchiDJCartDined on 7/18/2014We have eaten in I Ricchi several times, its consistently great food and excellent service always meet expectations.Special Features:
- OutstandingDESIDined on 7/17/2014The food, service, and ambiance of Ricci was exquisite! We decided to try something very different and purchase a groupon for an upscale resturant for our trip to DC. We were pleasantly surprised! My son and I are still talking about the fabulous 3 course meal with Champagne and wine! Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always exquisiteMarkIVIPDined on 7/16/2014From the warm greeting, the expert service to the most delicately prepared seafood, I continue to make i Ricchi my go-to place for important business lunches and dinners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Tuscan cuisineTx2CaliDined on 7/15/2014If you have never experienced authentic Tuscan cuisine, this is the mecca to start. The owners are from the hills of Tuscany and have transported their love of food and wine to Washington, DC. It is our great fortune to have them here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good find...but pricey!FaveListVIPDined on 7/12/2014My second time to dine in this restaurant and the food & service...just outstanding. Spent over $300 for 2 people (not including gratuity)...was a bit pricey.Special Features:
- Pricey but worth the DealJSPachVIPDined on 7/12/2014I recommend using a deal if you plan on dining at this restaurant. For four people the bill came up to over $500 but with the deal it was manageable. The food is really really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rude management ruined eveningFoodexplorerVIPDined on 7/12/2014My brother in law travels to DC regularly and loves (or should I say loved) this restaurant. So.. we joined him on a recent visit there. We brought some very nice bottles of wine. The waitress was pulled aside by the manager who saw our wine bottles and had her (not courageous enough to do it himself) quote us some outrageous corkage fees. He wanted $35 for each of our less expensive ones and $65 for the very nice bottle. We asked to speak with him directly - he would not budge on the price and was just short of rude. The appetizers were very good, and the entrees were average. As we exited my husband told him we did not appreciate our treatment and he basically said don't bother coming back. No worries, we will not be returning.
- ExceptionalFavfoodDined on 7/12/2014If you are looking to reward/treat yourself, then I Ricci is the place to do it. The food is great and the menu has a lot to choose from. The best part is that the wait staff engage you. They make recommendations that help guide you through the menu and suggest pairings of appetizers and entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food fallen off a cliffmonestomacVIPDined on 7/11/2014The atmosphere is still nice and reminds you of the times the food here tasted just like on location in Tuscany. Unfortunately something seems to have gone wrong in the kitchen. The meat quality for two steaks was poor, the sauce over a rockfish tasted like it came from a can (why did they need the sauce anyway?) and the desserts were at the level of an Italian American family place in the boonies. A true disappointment
- Consistently good!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/11/2014I've tried pretty much everything on the menu and it's all great. The seafood (especially the scallops) deserves a special mention. The pasta with rabbit also is great. The service is always outstanding. The staff is attentive, but not intrusive. I'm trying to think of something negative to say about the food or the service, but I can't think of anything. If you've never been, please give it a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Made us feel specialKathyVIPDined on 7/8/2014We had a birthday, and received a special dessert. Also, they made special gluten free pasta for one diner. Outstanding!
- Mille Grazie-Una notte da ricordareJLSCTVIPDined on 7/7/2014I have such a hard time understanding any negative reviews posted here! We have been to I Ricchi twice. 1. Complimentary valet parking. 2. Both times we used a Groupon & still enjoyed exceptional experiences. The Groupon price for a 3-course dinner for 2 plus wine & prosecco was $69. What an incredible bargain! A la carte, the bill would have approached $170. 3. Violetta, our server, an absolute treasure, accepted our Groupon at the beginning of the meal and treated us like royalty. 4. Wide variety of menu choices; excellent quality of ingredients. We enjoyed Mains: Filetto Alla Zingara & Pork Chop w/ Balsamic Onions; Desserts: Walnut-crusted Mascapone Cheesecake was delicious & a surprisingly light end, Semifreddo Alle Fragole was yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EveningMargieDined on 7/7/2014My friend and I had a lovely dinner at i Ricchi. Ambiance was very nice, staff excellent and the food was delicious. Would definitely recommend it to friends. MargieSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed!MargjackDined on 7/7/2014I Ricchi was one of my favorite places years ago when I lived in DC, so I thought that I would return, and I was disappointed. The appetizers and first course pasta were very good, but the entree was really lacking and the decor had not changed in 20 years. It was way too expensive for the food and experience ($190 for two people - only one drink) and I noticed that there were several people there with some promotional offer.
- SepctacularOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/5/2014Hands down a precious experience. Amazing food with a highly accommodating staff.Special Features:
- NicejscubaDined on 7/3/2014. Requested steak to be medium, but had to return to kitchen since it came out medium rare. Other than that, food and service was greatSpecial Features:
- Once is enoughRichardDined on 7/3/2014Pricey, salty, pushy, not relaxing at all. Knew about this place for a few years and thought we would try it. So we did.
- Love this place!!!VG83Dined on 7/1/2014This place is absolutely wonderful and we always enjoy eating here. The food is amazing and the portions are huge. A definite must for anyone looking for great italian food in the DC area.Special Features:
- AmazingcoolbeansDined on 6/28/2014Food is always delicious, wait staff always go above and beyond. Evening was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.