Bull & Bear Steakhouse
Waldorf Astoria Bonnet Creek
14200 Bonnet Creek Resort Lane
Orlando, FL 32821Neighborhood:
Lake Buena Vista
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Bull & Bear Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bullandbearorlando.com/
- Phone: 4075975413
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily 6:00pm - 10:00 pm Reservations strongly preferred
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Carlos Pereira
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Bull & Bear Steakhouse
Located in the beautiful Waldorf Astoria Orlando. A trend-setter, like the legendary New York City original, Bull & Bear Restaurant is the only restaurant in Florida to exclusively feature Prime grade Certified Angus Beef brand meat. Bull & Bear features upscale yet comfortable club-like warmth, personalized table-side preparations, exceptional seafood, signature salads and desserts, and a wine and spirit list from around the world. Our dining room overlooks our legendary golf course and signature swimming pool. Beyond the golf course, the nature preserve and natural flowing Bonnet Creek complete the visual horizon. Early diners will enjoy a beautiful sunset over the landscape. Private Dining Room with seating for up to 40 and Wine Room with seating for 14 available. At the bar, enjoy quality cocktails, high-end spirits and an extensive wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Bull & Bear Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Lake Buena Vista ›
Bull & Bear Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
111 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (91)romantic (71)notable wine list (60)fit for foodies (52)scenic view (34)good for groups (21)neighborhood gem (9)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (5)hot spot (5)vibrant bar scene (4)great for outdoor dining (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Best High End Steakhouse In OrlandoTomGDined on 1/23/2014This has been the sixth time that I have dined at the B & B, and each visit has been a great experience of food, service and wonderful ambiance. All my visits have been with business customers and the staff does an outstanding job of creating a very good environment from which to be able to have business conversations within the restaurant. My last visit had a total of 12 people and we were able to be seated in the private dining room at the back of the restaurant with doors to create additional privacy and quiet. The restaurant was very busy that night, but the service team did an outstanding job of keeping ahead of our dining schedule from the appetizers through the dessert. Bravo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- an absolute diamond !OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/20/2014When is the Michelin star coming? Bull&Bear deserves one. with a great classical approach to the steakhouse experience and unique creative twists, placing it far above others of the same kind..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, food just okaytardevilDined on 1/20/2014My husband and I enjoy trying new places to try and were very excited about trying BullandBear. The service was very impressive. The food however was disappointing. The Ceasar salad for two was very good. The Tomahawk steak for two however was not that good. It was a little fatty and not that much flavor to it. The side of potatoes was also small and just okay. It was nice that they offered a 25 dollar corking fee and did not put it on our bill. This is really an impressive restaurant with great service, I would like to try a different meal next time.Special Features:
- Good but very expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/17/2014Good food but seems overpriced by 20%. Maybe thats the Disney factor. I am local and there are better options that are a little more reasonable. For steak I will continue to go back to Ruth's.Special Features:
- 21st Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/12/2014We took our daughter to Bull & Bear to celebrate her 21st Birthday. Both the service and food was exceptional. Our servers went out of their way to make our daughter feel special. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I have had better SteaksOvercookedDined on 1/11/2014The best part about the meal was the service and the appetizers. The worst part about the meal were the steaks. For the price we paid for them I was not impressed at all. The steak was overcooked and the flavor was ok. Everything else we tried was great. However, it is a steak house.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpected surprises are welcomeMonaLisaDined on 1/7/2014I usually hate surprises when I travel because they are seldom good ones, but the Chef has many small but wonderful surprises that add up to making this meal much more than a traditional steak house. Don't miss the escargot and gnocci appetizer, it is flavor treat. Small crystals, yes crystals of basil in the caprese salad add additional surprise along with a burrata foam that melts in your mouth. The foyot sauce goes one step better than the traditional bernaise for the steaks, and lobster comes flambe for a great table side show. Service was outstanding, smooth and seamless. Wine list is well thought out to match the menu. This was a memorable meal, and would be a great location for a special event dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good, but not outstandingLen43Dined on 1/7/2014The service is excellent, food very good. My wife's short rib was outstanding, however my steak was very good, but too salty for my taste. Side dishes were excellent and the Florida Corn Soup was special, a must. Dessert was also excellent. On balance would recommend, but warn very pricey for food and service received.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food great placeEricoVIPDined on 1/1/2014Great food, wine and ambience The service is spectacularSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas Day made specialOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/25/2013We had a wonderful dining experience at the Bull & Bear Steakhouse, on Christmas Day. We were made to feel very special with fantastic food, and outstanding service. The steaks were probably the best we have ever had. Good wine selection, lovely table position by the window and tables were enough distance apart, to feel private.Special Features:
- disapointedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/24/2013My wife and I eat in the Bull & Bear about 10 to 15 times a year and have had either Christmas Eve or Christmas day dinner there for the last five years. This year we had Christmas Eve dinner and we were somewhat disapointed. To start tehbread which is normaly outstanding was not very good. it tasted like that had baked it acouple days ago and heated it up to be served. I asked for new bread and got the same. My daughter and I ordered the Ceaser salad and my fault I did not watch the complete making of the salad. When it was given to us it looked like it have a light brown dressing and when we tasted it I could understand why. Aparintly the server who prepared the salad put Djoun mustard in it. Niether my doughter or I ate very much of it.I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingHuesizDined on 12/22/2013My wife and I were celebrating our 6th year Anniversary an Dining at the Bull & Bear was spectacular. It had incredible service all around. The food was amazing and the Staff was Super frienldy and ready to help with anything that we needed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I Just Loved The Attention !!!MissG60Dined on 12/22/2013Everyone was so attentive. My husband and myself along with my sister and her husband were celabrating our anniversaries. She with 50 years of marriage and mine with 11 years. They were visiting from Cleveland, Ohio and they just enjoyed themselves. This was my second visit and the food was excellent along with the staff. Hope to see everyone again soon. Gessner S. Canadiate Winter Springs, FloridaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding in every wayAnniversarycoupleDined on 12/22/2013We recently went to Bull & Bear Steakhouse for the first time for our anniversary. Every part of the experience was outstanding. The service was impeccable with 4 different servers waiting on us. The food was excellent. We shared Chateaubriand and salmon and both were incredible. Salads and dessert were also wonderful. They had a good beer selection too. Atmosphere was perfect for our special occasion with seating at a window and a great view, quiet but not dull, and very friendly wait staff. We will definitely be back as soon as possible!Special Features:
- Return GuestRitzGemDined on 12/21/2013This was our fourth visit. Service is world-class, great steaks and seafood. Great dark dining room, like the classis in NYC. Will return soon. We spent $320 for two with a bottle of wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was AmaZing!!!DanaDined on 12/13/2013Enjoyed a romantic meal to celebrate our 19th anniversary. The Creme Brûlée is delicious! My new favorite dessert… EVER!!!!!Special Features:
- Great place!ButchDined on 12/11/2013The dinning experience is outstanding. The food, service, and dinning experience is top level. A must visit place.Special Features:
- Great steak houseJHLocalVIPDined on 12/10/2013Overall excellent. I've had better steaks for less money, but not by much. Service was great! We had one lead waiter, and at least a dozen other staff who helped out. That sounds like a recipe for disaster but they made it work and work very well! I highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent SteakhouseDaveDined on 12/9/2013This restaurant at the Waldorf Astoria Orlando is simply excellent. The meal from start to finish was delicious; great wine list- not overwhelming but complete; and the service was spotless. For steak in Orlando there is no better in my opinion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding from Beginning to End!JTSJ16Dined on 12/8/2013This is one of the best meals I have had in a very long time! The food and service were impeccable from beginning to end! They even had one of my favorite wines that can be difficult to find. Although the price is high, you definitely get what you pay for!Special Features:
- Perfect Service LevelflwgdinerDined on 12/6/2013Staff was beyond professional and courteous (which is expected at this price level) ... they were downright personable. It's almost like one of the requirements on the resume of any employee there is that you must be a "genuinely nice person" ... Will definitely recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beautiful view and quite areadianaDined on 12/5/2013beautiful view and quite area The service was wonderful they pay close attention to every detail. The ribeye was cooked just the way I like it and everyone enjoyed their dishesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonder special occasion dinner!skippyDined on 11/30/2013We drove an hour to come to Bull & Bear- well worth it! We've been here several times and the food/service/ambience is terrific. The Tomahawk steak is fabulous- we get it everytime. We asked our server to bring out his favorites and we raved about the Pasta Explosion and believe it or not- creamed corn! Musn't forget the shrimp and grits! The wine list is very well thought out & balanced. This is a restaurant where you should take your time, enjoy the beautiful view (you can see fireworks in the distance from Disney around 9:30), and definitely trust in your server! The service is top-notch and the room is so gorgeous & comfortable. The highlight of the entire meal might have been dessert. Remember The Lemon- that's all I'll say!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Ever !!!EdfromNewJerseyDined on 11/24/2013We went to the hotel restaurant as the first stop for the week -- expecting a very good meal and nothing more. All 4 of us agree that this was the best food & service we have received in our lifetime. During the week we spoke only about this restaurant -- yes this one was better than Emeril's (surprised?).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SpotJromoDined on 11/22/2013We had a wonderful meal at the Bull and Bear. Every dish was very good to excellent. Nice room and great service. Other than "expense account" prices this place is a no brainer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Downton Abbey revisitedSammySalvageotDined on 11/21/2013Felt as if we were being pampered by the Downton Abbey staff. The food was excellent and the THREE waiters were all three very professional, courteous and most knowledgeable about the selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extraordinary!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/16/2013The food, service and ambiance was extraordinary in every respect. I will never come to Orlando or Nrw York again without eating at Bull and Bear!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingAidaDined on 11/16/2013I was looking forward to eating at the Bull & Bear after reading the many reviews that raved about the steak being the best. The tomato salad was good. Our party of three ordered the same 8oz filet, medium doneness. We also ordered lobster mac & cheese. All of our steaks were almost burnt on the outside and were well done and very dry. The presentation was as bad. Roasted garlic and steak and no other garnishes on the plate and the sauce served on the side was lukewarm. The lobster mac & cheese was dry and tasteless. I will not go back. The meal was not worth the money.
- Great Food and WineOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/12/2013This is a must try restaurant. The food (steaks and seafood) were very very good. While the wine list could be a bit more extensive, they had several good bottles to choose from.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sweet 16gmassDined on 11/9/2013Came here for dinner for my daughter's sweet 16. The staff at the restaurant made her feel special. The food was very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best!!!!CharlieDined on 11/2/2013Let me start off by saying that my family owns a fairly nice sized cattle ranch in Texas and has been in the cattle raising business since the late 1800's. So when I say that the Tomahawk Steak was the BEST my wife and I have ever had....I truly mean it! We've ate some of the best steakhouses around the country and I around the world as well. We live in Dallas, TX area so we are surrounded by great places to eat steak. But this by far was the BEST steak EVER! The service that went along with dinner was top notch as well. It made a special evening for my wife and I even that much more special. Thank you very much and we look forward to returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/1/2013I've been to the Bull & Bear a few times. This recent visit, I was excited to introduce it to an out of town guest. I was embarrassed by the experience. We showed up for our reservation on time, we were advised reservations ran late. After about 10 mins, we were seated. 10 mins later, we were asked if we wanted to order drinks. My guest received his wine along w/ water for the table, about 15 mins later, I received my cocktail. 15 mins later, our food order was taken, appetizers came about 15 mins later & about 1 hr later our food arrived. During this entire ordeal, no one came to ask if I wanted another glass of cocktail nor to check on our steaks, which both were over cooked. I would never go back nor would I recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Bull and BearBuckyDined on 10/25/2013This was our 4th trip to the Bull and Bear. As expected, the food was fabulous, however the service was not what we had in our prior visits. Very few visits from our wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- left wanting morekerrydDined on 10/19/2013Great atmosphere, great caesar salad prepared tableside, steak was delivered to our table lukewarm. Also, expected the steak to taste better -- especially, based on the cost. Our next steak will be back at Ruths Chris.
- Wonderful DinnerBelmonteDined on 10/19/2013I have dined at the Bull and Bear and several occasions for business. This was for our anniversary and it was lovely. The staff was wonderful, the food was incrediable and you must try The Lemon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This Steakhouse Really Serves It UpBudDonnaDined on 10/18/2013Manny Belete is the manager of this fine dining steakhouse. Don't be mistaken that this is "just another restaurant on or around Walt Disney World" property in central FL. This beautiful restaurant with outstanding views of the adjacent on-property golf course at the Waldorf really serves it up when it comes to great food, a professional wait staff, and a wine list that is sure to please any wine lover/enthusiast. Manager of Bull & Bear, Manny Belete, has been the point man on the creation of some of the finest restaurants in the U.S. It is his very special knowledge and expertise that makes "B&B at the Waldorf Resort Hotel in Lake Buena Vista, FL precisely what it is today---exceptional! Highly recommend this GEM of a restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good meal, was hoping for greatFCdocVIPDined on 10/17/2013This is a good restaurant. However, it is not great. Had a good bottle of wine to start dinner, but overall, felt the wine list was limited. Shrimp cocktail was good, but cocktail sauce boring. Had to ask three times before any bread was brought to my table. When it got to me, it was pretty plain, as was the butter that came with it. My steak was excellent, and cooked to perfection. Dessert was a let down. I had a bland apple tort with a thimble-sized portion of ice cream on top. The ambience here is great, but the food is just adequate for fine dining. There is not a single thing about my meal that I feel lie I can't wait to have again. Next time in Orlando, I will look elsewhere for a god meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic eveningAndyDined on 10/12/2013We are regular lovers of great restaurants here in Orlando but had not heard of the B&B until IJP commented on twitter. Being a fan of Ian we had to check it out and it was fantastic. Ambiance was great, food was divine and the service truly outstanding . We will be back! If you are looking for a special evening out and are nit afraid of pushing the boat out, this is for you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top NotchTeddyDined on 10/12/2013My fiancée and I spent the weekend in Orlando and absolutely LOVED Bull & Bear. We had the tableside Caesar salad, NY Sirloin, and ended with The Lemon and beignets for dessert. Everything was phenomenal and we both agreed it was the best steak and overall meal we had ever had. They also mix a stout drink if that tickles your fancy. We will absolutely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had the degustation andFatManDined on 10/4/2013We had the degustation and the food was outstanding. The service started very well but tapered off from the middle to the end. The wait staff was not knowledgeable about the courses being served and the wait between courses was very extended, without any explanation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.