Bull & Bear Steakhouse
Waldorf Astoria Bonnet Creek
14200 Bonnet Creek Resort Lane
Orlando, FL 32821Neighborhood:
Lake Buena Vista
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Bull & Bear Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bullandbearorlando.com/
- Phone: 4075975413
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily 6:00pm - 10:00 pm Reservations strongly preferred
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Carlos Pereira
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Bull & Bear Steakhouse
Located in the beautiful Waldorf Astoria Orlando. A trend-setter, like the legendary New York City original, Bull & Bear Restaurant is the only restaurant in Florida to exclusively feature Prime grade Certified Angus Beef brand meat. Bull & Bear features upscale yet comfortable club-like warmth, personalized table-side preparations, exceptional seafood, signature salads and desserts, and a wine and spirit list from around the world. Our dining room overlooks our legendary golf course and signature swimming pool. Beyond the golf course, the nature preserve and natural flowing Bonnet Creek complete the visual horizon. Early diners will enjoy a beautiful sunset over the landscape. Private Dining Room with seating for up to 40 and Wine Room with seating for 14 available. At the bar, enjoy quality cocktails, high-end spirits and an extensive wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Bull & Bear Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Lake Buena Vista ›
Bull & Bear Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
109 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (89)romantic (70)notable wine list (59)fit for foodies (51)scenic view (38)good for groups (20)neighborhood gem (9)kid-friendly (6)hot spot (5)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (4)great for outdoor dining (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- The LemonRussellsDined on 4/7/2014The food is outstanding and we love The Lemon dessert!!!Special Features:
- Outstanding RestaurantYan14Dined on 4/6/2014Visited the Bull and Bear to celebrate a special birthday with my wife. The service and food was way above average. We had a chateaubriand and it was perfectly cooked and delicious. Got great advice on the wine list and received a complimentary dessert as a birthday treat. Not cheap - $250 for two including wine - but worth every dollar! Will definitely go back when we next visit Orlando.Special Features:
- 1st anniversary dinnerjb1359Dined on 4/5/2014My wife and I went to the Bull & Bear at the Waldorf Astoria for our 1st anniversary and we couldn’t be happier. We both had the filet mignon with mashed potatoes, she had asparagus and I had cream corn. It was some of the best food I have ever had. The steak was perfectly prepared and the sides were amazing. Also, since it was our anniversary, I asked them to have a dozen roses on the table for us, and they were very accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining ExperienceFlagmanL11Dined on 4/5/2014Fantastic service, on top of things all dinner. Food was very good and you can see the pride in both the food and service.Special Features:
- Always a pleasure!MiamiFoodieVIPDined on 3/29/2014This is my 2nd time dining at Bull and Bear. Whenever I travel to Orlando I make sure to make a reservation. The food is excellent and the ambiance is relaxing. The wait staff is very professional and prompt. I only gave them 3 stars this time because they didn't come back to check on us and I needed my water refilled. Because I hold this restaurant at a higher standard I do expect them to check on me and not have to ask for these types of things. However, I will continue to dine at Bull and Bear. It is an ultimate fine dining establishment.Special Features:
- Best Steak dinner!!feliciaDined on 3/29/2014Actually the whole experience was incredible. The food, the ambiance and the service was top notch. Very expensive, but when I left I said to my husband worth every penny. The way they serve the soup was amazing and the flavor was delicious. The chatobrian (sorry about the spelling) was delicious. They carved it in front of us and served it with great sauces. I cant come up with more adjatives. Amazing nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exellent experience!!!Be back againZeluDined on 3/27/2014Exellent food and a very nice spot!!! Great wine list!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Way too expensive and fooddoctorfeldDined on 3/26/2014Way too expensive and food not that great. Wouldn't go back
- Birthday DinnerNessaDined on 3/22/2014I went to bull & bear with 5 of my girlfriends and it was amazing from the food to the service. They made my 21'st soo memorable. Definitely pricey but totally worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- InterestingorlfairyDined on 3/22/2014This is at the Waldorf Astoria.... I expected the hotel itself to be more like the Ritz but it was not nearly as spectacular... It is a very small under stated hotel... The dinner was very well attended by wait staff... All in all I think that there was about 10 people waiting on us during our meal... That being said, the food was great although it is very pricey... So if you want a good meal with outstanding service and want to pay for that service, this is the place to go... WE had the NY strip that was reccommend by the head waiter... It was a good melt in your mouth steak... We also took his suggestion for the corn soup as a started and the bacon mac and cheese as a side... Both were outstanding choices...Special Features:
- Loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/21/2014My husband had been away for a few weeks. I picked him up fr the airport and we had a romantic date before heading home to our 10 month old son. The food was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High on Bull and BearWTS5VIPDined on 3/20/2014I was not expecting much when I made this reservation. We were tired after travel and did not want to go across Disney to our planned dinner. Made this reservation because it was in the hotel. But boy were we surprised! The service was top notch. They gave us a sunset view and brought drinks within minutes. The staff pampered us. The food was to die for. We had the Tina 3 Ways and it was se of the best tuna ever. The salad service is impressive. The bone on ribeye was the best I have ever had. Try this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Experience not worth the money.luv2eatVIPDined on 3/16/2014Experience not worth the money. Server was not attentive at all;seemed more interested in talking with co-workers letting others attend.We were the 2nd table to arrive; were given a table by the window. About half way through our meal a bus person asked if he could raise shade.Said not a problem but if sun too much he should put it down. It was very sunny. Not 5 min later he put it up said someone wanted to see sunset (there was none) Why was someone else better than us? Why were we made uncomfortable? Why ask if you intend to do it anyway? Bus person told Server we weren't happy; he came over finally said dessert on him since he was told coffee was cold. He didn't even know the correct problem.Bartender couldn't make martini properly.
- Bull and Bear i never disappoints!FabulousVIPDined on 3/15/2014We took clients for dinner and had an amazing experience. We have been to the restaurant several times with different people and no one has ever had a bad meal. The service is top notch. The managers know how to train servers. Steaks came out perfect, and fish dishes were cooked to perfection. Bull and Bear is worth the time and money.Special Features:
- Good except for steakDelboyDined on 3/15/2014We dined here on Saturday and the food and service was exceptional apart from the most important part of the meal. Both my partner and I ordered fillet steak and ordered it cooked through with no blood. When we cut into the meat it was medium rare at best. We did not send the meat back as we should not have to do this. I have eaten in some of the finest restaurants in the world and never had a chef send the meat out so undercooked compared to how we ordered it. Having said that this is my only complaint as the staff and rest of the food were delightful. I am debating whether to overlook the undercooked steak and give them a second chance on my return visitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service and great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/5/2014All servers were very nice and friendly. "The Lemon" desert is a must.
- Best steakDavidDined on 3/2/2014The food was great but the steak was out of this world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What you expect for steakhouseGoodDined on 3/1/2014Food was at par for most upscale steakhouses. Nothing really stood out but food was well prepared, presented and flavor-able. Steak was prepared perfectly and seafood as well. The escargot was interesting but forgettable and I would have preferred a more traditional approach. The sides were standard fare. Wine list was good and fairly priced The wait staff was a little too staid and they may want to smile more and engage with the diners. Came off very formal and distant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- There's only one word to describejamespowers18Dined on 2/28/2014There's only one word to describe everything fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelyGoldiVIPDined on 2/28/2014The food was very good and the service was excellent. The staff was very accomodating when we needed to change our table. They complied with our request without one bit of hesitation even though the restaurant was busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Other than the screaming kidSjpvacVIPDined on 2/28/2014Other than the screaming kid which was eventually muzzled, this place was a real gem in a sea of mediocre dining facilities in the area. Food was excellent and the wine list, though somewhat limited, sufficient to please everyone. Service was outstanding and the chateaubriand for two was the best I ever had. Though not a wide selection on the dessert menu, if you can get a table overlooking the golf course, it's worth getting something just to linger a little longer and watch the sunset.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food, amazing servicetmartintxVIPDined on 2/27/2014This is one of the best restaurants I have had the pleasure of eating at in Orlando. The prices are high, but you are paying for the quality, which is out of this world. The service was a model for what every fine dining restaurant should offer. My wife and I never had a glass get anywhere close to empty. My wife is pregnant, so we have to order our steaks medium-well, it took longer than expected to get our tomahawk steak to the table. The waitstaff still attentively monitored us and let us know the status of our food. The steak we got was well worth the wait. I can say that without a doubt, we will be returning to the Bull & Bear for another amazing dinner.Special Features:
- Definitely not worth itKatinkaDined on 2/24/2014It was my boyfriend's birthday. And I mentioned it twice (first-in the reservation note, second-when I actually called the restaurant). That was the whole reason why I chose one of finest restaurants in Orlando. They said they would do something special for him. Let alone the fact that they did not do anything special at all, no one even said happy birthday or anything of that nature. Service was great though, all waiters were very attentive. Food was good, but nothing extraordinary. We enjoyed our time together, as we would've anywhere else. But for over $200 dinner for 2 (plus $40 tip) I expected someone to at least say happy birthday. I would not recommend this place to any of my friends and definitely will not be back myself.Special Features:
- Always worth a tripMcFly5585VIPDined on 2/24/2014If you love dry-aged beef, this is the place to go. You will not be disappointed! The service was outstanding- we felt very well taken care of.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You MUST eat at Bull & Bear!peterjh603Dined on 2/23/2014We stayed at the Hilton side, but had dinner at Bull & Bear twice because it was honestly the best meal and best service I have ever, EVER, experienced. Tim was absolutely amazing and it was a pleasure to meet him. He truly created the most memorable dining experience for me and my friends who were traveling for business. We had a “family style” dinner so we could sample all of the amazing menu items. My absolute favorites was the Pasta Explosion appetizer; Filet, and Short Rib entrees. Tim also assisted us in pairing each course with liquor/wine recommendations and he hit the jackpot here as well. Honestly I cannot say enough nice things about him – he was a nice guy, personable and knowledgeable about the menu and drinks.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must have a LemonOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/22/2014Possibly the best steak on Orlando. Definitely the best dessert. Get The Lemon. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Culinary DelightStephanieMarieDined on 2/22/2014My first visit to B&B with my boyfriend was amazing. We enjoyed every aspect of our meal as well as the service. The escargot and gnocci was a new yet interesting experience for both of us. My filet was cooked to perfection, and the accompanying spinach melted in my mouth. Overall, it was the perfect setting and kickoff for our romantic evening. We both look forward to returning again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular Finesse & FunTopher311Dined on 2/21/2014Super warm vibe of genuine hospitality! Precision in presenting & clearing....Tuna appetizer, Chateaubriand with sides & complimentary steak sauces unreal.....Locals but felt like Buckingham Dignitaries ....Thanks for a Memorable Wow!!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for OrlandoAtlguyDined on 2/19/2014Good for Orlando but the waiter staff is really strange. The first night overkill attention. The second night they were no where to be found. Get the Cesar salad
- if you like meatKrustyKrabDined on 2/15/2014they don't take anything lightly. even the bar snack is top notch. paper thin dehydrated pineapple....are you kidding me? warm almonds and light waiver like grain snacks that I don't even know the name of. the waiter knows the menu top to bottom, and quite literally, if I didn't stop him, he would have went on to describe every item on the menu. a couple of guys shared the Tomahawk which was arranged table-side with an impressive boomerang like bone, steak was delicious and came with nothing but roasted garlic, sauces on the side. must mention the desert which is somethign you cannot get elsewhere period. THE LEMON, if you like lemony deserts, this is it. it's an expensive joint no doubt, but you do get what you pay for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/15/2014The real treat was the tasting menu! Tried things I would have never thought to try without it being on the tasting menu...the potato cappuccino was incredible, sounds odd but you've got to try it and the pasta explosion was delicious! Definitely a place for special occasions, a definitely expensive but it was so worth the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RSVP'dUrbaneDined on 2/14/2014We made reservations for Valentine's dinner. They called to two days before, we confirmed. When we showed up at the restaurant they had no note that we were confirmed already. This is the second time they have done this to us. I don't know whats going on at the hostess desk and their confirmations but its quite annoying... I would of been very annoyed if they couldn't seat us. I was under the impression that they canceled our reservation but luckily had a table open for us.. Our waited asked our order, then returned back to the table to ask us our order again. When the food came out, it was incorrect. But it was quickly fixed. The server then spilled some mashed potatoes on my pants. We usually have a wonderful night. Will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Orlando gem!SherryDined on 2/12/2014We found the Bull and Bear (located in the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel) quite by accident last year and vowed to return asap! To find a restaurant of this caliber in Orlando would have been a joke 20 years ago, but things have definitely changed! The food is top-notch, the service is knowledgeable, attentive and friendly (without any "attitude"), the wine and cocktail list is extensive and the ambience is warm and inviting. Tucked away not too far from Epcot Center, it is well worth turning on your GPS to find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad experienceRsalmanDined on 2/12/2014This was our third or fourth time to go . We wish we did not go the steak was terrible we waited so long to fix it and it came back wrong again , the first few times we went to was great but last time was real bad , they promise not to charge us for the main course just drinks and appetizers so we had a first bill , then they came back and told us since it was our anniversary and the bad experience they will only charge for drinks , so we got another bill assuming they will only charge for drinks , apparently we we got our credit card statement they already charged us twice . I told my husband we need to call and complain , he said no but we will never go back again
- PerfectPavmechDined on 2/9/2014Service food and ambiance was all perfect. Highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Husband's Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/8/2014Everything about this place was great... loved the experienc; will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Really excellentSabine1215Dined on 2/7/2014I have found it difficult to find higher end, adult dining in the heart of disney ( for obvious reasons). Bull and bear delivered. The place is physically lovely and quiet. As I read the menu of wines by the glass ( which is pretty extensive) my waiter offered me tastings of 3 of m top choices without being asked ; THAT's quality dining. He also didn't necessarily push the most expensive one. Ithe food itself was great, with large portions for a steak house. Im a New Yorker, And so am lucky to dine out a lot at a wide range of places; I wish this was in my neighborhood. A+ All aroundSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother and daughterElizukDined on 2/2/2014Had a great dining experience with our evening being enhanced by Cameron and James' attentiveness. A lot of fun, with great food in a handsome setting. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectbcakeDined on 1/31/2014This was the best restaurant ever. It was pricey but worth ever single penny!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our dinner was amazing! TheiracimessiasDined on 1/28/2014Our dinner was amazing! The food in Bull & Bear is so good and the Creme Brulee is absolutely delicious. They have a wonderful service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.