1 Market Place
San Diego, CA 92101Neighborhood:
Downtown / Gaslamp
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.manchestergrand.hyatt.com/
- Phone: 6193586735x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday through Friday, 6:30am to 11:00am Saturday and Sunday, 6:30am to 12:00 Noon
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Daly Cruz
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Ideal space for large parties, business outings and special occasions. Semi-private dining areas also available. Must book all parties of 10 or more through a manager.
- Private Party Contact: Morgan Hodgkins 6193586731x
A word from Lael's Restaurant
Bright, cheerful colors, comfortable seating and views of the garden and marina set the tone for a delightful dining experience. Join the family for a relaxing meal on our outdoor patio while planning another exciting day of activities in America's Finest City. The spacious setting of our indoor tables allows you to easily convene with colleagues or entertain a client while enjoying Lael's Grand Breakfast Buffet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Lael's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
4 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (3)good for groups (2)great for outdoor dining (1)romantic (1)special occasion (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Thanksgiving dinner was great.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/24/2011Thanksgiving dinner was great. Servers were very pleasant. Would go again.
- Food was delish. All staffCJDinesDined on 11/24/2011Food was delish. All staff were friendly and efficient. For a buffet, the layout of food stations were easy to navigate.Special Features:
- Fabulous Thanksgiving BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/24/2011We were lucky enough to get a reservation for Thanksgiving. The brunch was excellent. Our server Seratt (sp?) from Ehtopia was very attentive without being instrusive. We never wanted for anything. The manager stopped by the table to check on thinks which I think is such a nice touch. Thank you Lael for making our Thanksgiving Day exceptional!Special Features:
- Thanksgiving buffet at Lael'sOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/24/2011Thanksgiving buffet at Lael's is one of the best holiday meals I've ever had. Great mix of options, from interesting salads (pear, argula and dried cranberry) to sushi to carved meats (not just turkey) and traditional side dishes. Dessert table alone would have been worth the price. Outstanding service -- our waiter was always there to refill the champagne and water without being intrusive. Overall a terrific experience.Special Features:
- We were staying at the HyattWineVIPDined on 11/24/2011We were staying at the Hyatt and had our Thanksgiving lunch/dinner there. It was quite good. Nice selection of food. They didn't rush us so we had a nice leisurely Thanksgiving meal away from home.Special Features:
- Went for brunch. Priced veryOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/5/2011Went for brunch. Priced very well for a mediocre buffet brunch .
- My husband and I ate hereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/30/2011My husband and I ate here for their Breakfast Buffet. The food choices were great and the food was excellent. Our server was also very attentive. We were glad we had made reservations and were seated right on time.Special Features:
- Took the family for mothersOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/8/2011Took the family for mothers day brunch. Food and service was great. Cook to order pasta and omelette bars. Lobster was one of many choices at pasta bar. Four separate and different carving stations along with massive dessert area. Champagne flowed the whole time. Teen girls found plenty of choices for their taste and they enjoyed the beautiful setting and people watching. Parking was validated as well. All in all a geat way to celebrate a special occasion.Special Features:
- We went to Lael's for Mother'sOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/8/2011We went to Lael's for Mother's Day brunch. We were pleased with the quality and selection. The Sushi, seafood bar and the desserts were my favorites.Special Features:
- Great variety for brunch.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/8/2011Great variety for brunch. My wife and kids all loved the seafood and sushi. The desserts were all good. Excellent service. Loved every minute of it. Will be back.Special Features:
- Very good experience overallOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/8/2011Very good experience overall except for the chef at the omellette station. She was not friendly at all and was rude to me. I ordered an eggwhite omellete and she kept telling me how long it would take and almost I felt like she wanted me out of her sight. The omellette was terrible.Special Features:
- We tried to go to the restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/30/2010We tried to go to the restaurant but were unable to get to the hotel due to the runnig of a marathon. As a result I was unable to cancel since we were in the midst of trying to keep the reservation.Special Features:
- We informed the waiter thatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/25/2010We informed the waiter that we were seniors yet he charged us for one adult; he actually asked for the id of the lady he thought was not a senior; not acceptable in my opinion. I had to ask several times for a coke before I finally got one. Food was exceptional and a good vrietySpecial Features:
- Went for Xmas brunch/buffet.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/25/2010Went for Xmas brunch/buffet. Everything was great, it was fan, and the service was outstanding.Special Features:
- We went to Lael's for theirOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/25/2010We went to Lael's for their Christmas Dinner Buffet. The service was outstanding. We had two waiters that kept our orange juice, Champagne, and coffee top off at all times. Our plates were continually cleared and fresh napkins placed whenever we went to get our next course. The variety of food offerings appealed to all of our tastes and the food was fresh and hot. The servers at each buffet station were helpful and made great suggestions. It made for a very memorable Christmas dinner.Special Features:
- My family went to Lael's forOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/25/2010My family went to Lael's for the Thanksgiving buffet. The restaurant was decorated beautifully and the food was tasty. The staff was very friendly, even the servers at the carving station said good-night as we walked toward the door after our meal. Although there was a variety of food to choose from, including breakfast, there was no ham. Other than that, everything was great and we would definitely come back.Special Features:
- This is the second year weOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/25/2010This is the second year we dined here for Thanksgiving and enjoyed it this time as much as the first.Special Features:
- We went to Lael's for theirOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/25/2010We went to Lael's for their Thanksgiving buffet. This was not our first time and it won't be our last. Everything was very, very good.
- Review of Holiday Brunch:OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/25/2010Review of Holiday Brunch: Typical brunch items (cold seafood bar, carving stations, pasta station, salads, etc), good quality. The 3 of 5 is because of two reasons: 1) the only dish that stood out was the sea bass because it was mush, as if it was cooked while frozen and 2) the price ($65 + tax pp) made it of limited value. Given the limited value I probably wouldn't be a frequent customer but might go back on another special occasion.Special Features:
- Basic hotel breakfast buffetmikeVIPDined on 10/18/2010Basic hotel breakfast buffet food. Nothing special.Special Features:
- The steak was good but notRonalesVIPDined on 9/2/2010The steak was good but not great. My filet mignon was thinner than the filet that I am used to in New York. I was surprised, since this restaurant specializes in steak, as we were told. My husband's rib eye was too heavily seasoned. I had requested no seasoning and my request was honored.
- First time dining at thissocalmonDined on 8/28/2010First time dining at this restaurant. Decor is bright, fun, seating was comfortable. Restaurant profile offered 'views of the garden and marina' but both were very limited, not what I was expecting based on the description. I accessed the menu on the resaurant's website via the profile page which had a definite Italian flair. Was planning on ordering braised osso buco, but the menu presented in the profile was completely different from the one we were provided at the restaurant. Disappointing. Food was well prepared, but unremarkable. I cannot comment on the wine list as we had cocktails only, but I will say that my manhattan was perfect. Our server was extremely attentive, funny and personable. He made the experience enjoyable overall.Special Features:
- Great service. Great food.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/28/2010Great service. Great food. Especially great are the steaks, sides, and deserts. Its a wonderful location with views of the harbor. We've never been disappointed at Lael's. Only wish it was open for lunch as well as dinner.Special Features:
- This is not an accessableOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/12/2010This is not an accessable restaurant. I had called ahead and told the manager of my mobility problem and was assured there was no problem. But there was a large blockage on the wheelchair ramp. The restaurant uses the accessability ramp for overflow diners. I had to have my dinner guests move signs, iron tables & chairs,and heavy umbrellas that clogged the ramp to reach the door and gain entry. I could never have move the wheelchair into that place without the help of my guests. I must be in San Diego twice again this fall, and you can be positive that I will never go back to 'Sally's by the Sea'.
- Service was really great.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/6/2010Service was really great. We had the Friday evening surf and turf buffet. Everything was amazing except for the Prime-Rib was very tough, other than that great dining experience.Special Features:
- The restaurant staff is veryPranaVAVIPDined on 7/30/2010The restaurant staff is very personable and accomodating. My salmon was overcooked, but the asparagus was great and the burgers were fantastic! This is a great restaurant and the 1,000 points made it even better! Ask for Danny- he's an awesome, patient, kind server.Special Features:
- I was in san diego for comicOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/27/2010I was in san diego for comic con so we didnt really have time in the morning for eating so we decided that on one of our free days we would have a good breakfast somewhere. Lael's breakfast buffet had a very wide selection and the food was extrememely tasty.Special Features:
- The good thing is they haveOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/24/2010The good thing is they have a great deal with the Padres.
- This place is AMAZING! TheOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/22/2010This place is AMAZING! The food is awesome and the staff are the best in town! I love this place and always recommend it. Christian the waitier, is on top of it! Very friendly and works hard to please you!Special Features:
- Flawless service. ImpeccableOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/17/2010Flawless service. Impeccable food presentation. Will be back many times.Special Features:
- We had a bachlorette partyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/22/2010We had a bachlorette party and the place was wwwwaaaayyy too formal for us, but the waitress was great and food was good. Great place for older people.Special Features:
- Great food and absolutelyOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 5/6/2010Great food and absolutely wonderful service as compared to our hotel at the Hilton. Beautiful hotel and dining ambience with lovely live piano. Absolutely worth it.Special Features:
- We went to the special seafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/30/2010We went to the special seafood buffet on Friday night. The decor and service were excellent. The food was diverse and high quality ingredients. The prepared fish was OK but not creative or original. Well made but not interesting. The oysters were bad tasting. Most of the other fish was OK. The deserts were outstanding. Excellent well prepared, creative, and "to die" for. The deserts were definitely the high point of the buffet.Special Features:
- Simply getting into the hotelBennyADined on 4/25/2010Simply getting into the hotel is an experience. I'm a San Diego native and never been to the Hyatt. Restaurant experience was excelent, food, although nothing fancy, it was very good. Recomended for a sunday breakfast!Special Features:
- Went here for the steak andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/24/2010Went here for the steak and was not disappointed. Cooked perfectly and tasted great with their sauces. Deserts were very mediocre and there was no originality in the least. Went there at 7pm on a Saturday and it was empty, so definitely not a hot spot. For the price point I would much rather go to a more upbeat and lively restaurant with the same quality food. Staff uniforms were very dated and bland, didn't seem to fit the hotel at all. They need a much needed update in that area.Special Features:
- Fabulous as usual. It is aOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/4/2010Fabulous as usual. It is a family tradition for Easter and Mother's Day. We wouldn't go anywhere else. We travel 200 miles every time to get there but it is soooo worth it!Special Features:
- The first great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/4/2010The first great experience was that my reservation was honored on time. Within five minutes of arrival I was at my table ready to dine. There was a wonderful selection of breakfast selections, as well as seafood and other entrees, and the desserts were wonderful. The chefs were so friendly, it was as if you were a guest in their homes. The wait staff were always around without being overwhelming. I'm hard pressed to pick a favorite food for the day because everything was so delicious.Special Features:
- We had Easter Brunch. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/4/2010We had Easter Brunch. The food and service was excellent! A wonderful place for seafood lovers.Special Features:
- Friday evening/night buffetOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/2/2010Friday evening/night buffet excellent.My wife and I make a point of going to dinner there if we are in the San Diego area.Lovely place to dineSpecial Features:
- SHOCKED WITH OUR SERVICE ANDOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2010SHOCKED WITH OUR SERVICE AND MEAL....DINNER DRINKS HAD TO BE ORDERED WITH THE BUS BOY AND THEY CAME TO US COMPLETELY WRONG...OUR SERVER STATED WHEN SHE FINALLY ARRIVED OF HOW BUSY SHE WAS...OUR FOOD WHEN WE FINALLY RECEIVED IT WAS INCORRECT AND NOT UP TO STANDARD...THE ORDER WAS PLACED YET NOT CORRECT...NOT WHAT WE EXPECTED AT ALL FOR A VERY HIGH PRICED MEAL...