Wine Cask - Santa Barbara
813 Anacapa Street
Santa Barbara, CA 93101Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Wine Cask - Santa Barbara
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.winecask.com/
- Phone: 8059669463x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday 11:30am - 2pm, Saturdays noon - 4pm
Intermezzo Bar • Café: Monday-Friday 4:00pm to close, Saturdays 12pm-11pm, Closed on Sundays (walk-in basis only)
Tasting Room: Daily noon to 6pm
Restaurant: Tuesday - Sunday 5:30pm to 9pm or close
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: David Rosner
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Wine Cask offers several areas to host your event. There is no fee to enjoy the exclusive use of the restaurant, instead there is a food and beverage minimum expenditure (varies by room and date.)
A credit card hold is required. This deposit is non-refundable unless the reservation is cancelled at least 30 days prior to the date reserved.
A service charge of 20% and CA tax of 8% are additional.
The Special Event Menu is a streamlined version of our dinner menu; designed to provide a restaurant-quality experience. Guests do not have to “pre-order” their meal, instead they are presented with a personalized menu from which to choose. Please understand dishes and ingredients may change.
Vegetarian requests are welcome and certain substitutions are available with prior notice.
We have an award winning extensive wine list. Outside wine is not permitted for groups over ten.
- Private Party Contact: Jennifer Brodt 8059669463x
- Special Events: All groups are welcome at Wine Cask. You will have an intimate experience. We offer warm, inviting service featuring sophisticated yet familar cuisine. We offer indoor and outdoor seating, with various options for private events.
A word from Wine Cask - Santa Barbara
The Wine Cask Restaurant, Intermezzo Bar Cafe, Private Dining, and MWC Tasting Room.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Wine Cask - Santa Barbara - Best Restaurants in Santa Barbara ›
Wine Cask - Santa Barbara reviews from OpenTable diners
53 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (38)notable wine list (32)special occasion (31)great for outdoor dining (29)romantic (28)neighborhood gem (13)great for lunch (7)good for groups (4)great for brunch (3)hot spot (3)late-night find (2)Show More
- We went for my husband's birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/9/2009We went for my husband's birthday and really enjoyed ourselves. The food was excellent, the staff was incredibly attentive (without being pushy), and overall we had a great time. Although I didn't tell them that it was his birthday, they heard us say it and brought dessert out with a candle - it was a great touch. Also, when we asked some questions about the wine that they didn't know, they looked them up and came back later with the answer - pretty impressive attention to detail. We're really happy they are back.
- The wine list is extensive,OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/27/2009The wine list is extensive, but the markup is high. Our bottle was marked more than twice the price it sold for in the Wine Cask wine store. We knew this because the retail price sticker was on the bottle. The chocolate dessert we had was incredible. A salmon entre was uninspired.
- The new Wine Cask is backEmmaMcCullochVIPDined on 11/26/2009The new Wine Cask is back to the best of yester year. It was a very nice evening with lovely food. Service was only "good" versus "very good or excellent" because there were a tiny few early opening niggles. Two waiters asked if we wanted water and two waiters asked if my husband wanted a second glass of wine. But these are minor and after just 10 days of being open to be expected. Lovely.Special Features:
- This restaurant had been newlylocalsDined on 11/26/2009This restaurant had been newly opened just 10 days at Thanksgiving, so we'll be gentle. The chef has the kitchen under control. Orders were going in & out in good time (something a local we know said was a problem with former management). And the food was excellent. My husband ordered a regular entree, not the Thanksgiving menu. This is a pricey place and do beware of the wine list. Those aren't misprints! If you're not sure about a wine, ask for a taste, but be careful asking for recommendations! They start high. We had an issue regarding this, but the manager (GM?) more than made up for it, as he seemed genuinely interested in getting this operation right in it's entirety. I suggest if you have issues you give him a chance.Special Features:
- Thanksgiving dinner was excellent.coachDined on 11/26/2009Thanksgiving dinner was excellent. The service perfect and the food wonderful.Special Features:
- Interesting and delightfulOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/26/2009Interesting and delightful menu. Great food & service.Special Features:
- We went to the Wince Caskfoodie50VIPDined on 11/21/2009We went to the Wince Cask a few nights after it opened and we discovered a wonderful restaurant with great food and outstanding service. Be sure to try the place when visiting Santa Barbara, it's a hidden gem!Special Features:
- Welcome back! This local gemKirkCarlVIPDined on 11/17/2009Welcome back! This local gem is back and better then ever.Special Features:
- Great to see them the secondOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/17/2009Great to see them the second day they had reopened!