209 Columbus Ave.
Boston, MA 02116Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.clubcafe.com/
- Phone: 6175360966
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: beginning at 4:00pm. Bar open till 2:00am (Please note we are 21+ ONLY after 9:30pm)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American, International
- Executive Chef: Chef Luis
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: An extensive catering menu is available. Club Cafe has private seated dining areas for parties as small as 12 to 15 people, and as large as 100+. We also can accommodate cocktail parties for up to 300 people, in multiple rooms with multiple entertainment options.
- Private Party Facilities: There are two private rooms, complete with audio visual, flat screen TV's a stage and two separate bars. The rooms can be booked together for larger party, or separately for smaller parties.
- Private Party Contact: James Morgrage 6175360972
- Entertainment: Piano entertainment in our Napoleon Room Cabaret & dining room; 8pm, Sunday's 6:30pm. Monday's Drag Bingo & RuPaul Drag Race viewing parties, Trivia Tuesday's, Karaoke Wednesday's, Hot Body Thirsty Thursday's, Friday & Saturday Dance party beginning at 10pm.
Back to Basic's Disco T-Dance Sunday's beginning at 5pm. Check out our web site at www.clubcafe.com for all up coming events.
- Special Events: Wine dinners and shows are announced on our web site and to our customers via our mailing list. Visit www.clubcafe.com to join our "Club Cafe Members Club" where Members earn discounts and invitations to VIP Only Events.
- Cross Street: Berkeley St.
- Public Transit: Orange line - Back Bay, Exit Orange Line at Clarendon Street exit and go one block north on Columbus Avenue. Green Line - Arlington Street Exit on Arlington Street and walk east to Columbus Avenue. Right on Columbus Avenue, 1 block to Berkeley Street. Entrance is on Columbus Avenue.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Primary parking is in the John Hancock Parking Garage, one block south. Enter on Clarendon Street a discount voucher is available on our web page. Additionally, a second open air lot is located diagonally across from Club Cafe. Limited on street and metered parking is also available. Meters in effect util 8pm.
A word from Club Café
This South End/Back Bay restaurant located in the Landmark Pledge of Allegiance Building, has been serving excellent American Cuisine since 1983. Free live nightly piano & vocals entertainment mix with excellent dining by Chef Luis in a relaxing and inviting atmosphere. This recently remodeled restaurant, provides some of Boston’s best dining values.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Club Café reviews from OpenTable diners
21 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (17)good for groups (15)vibrant bar scene (15)hot spot (13)late-night find (12)special occasion (10)great for brunch (9)fit for foodies (8)great for lunch (8)romantic (6)notable wine list (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- I was truly impressed withWiltonFrankVIPDined on 8/11/2010I was truly impressed with the new Club Cafe. The recwent renovations, the new chef and the newly hired service staff have truly recreated one of my favorite dining and entertainment spots into my new ALL TIME favorite. They also have live piano entertainment every night except Sunday & Monday.Special Features:
- The appetizer (calamari) wasOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/16/2008The appetizer (calamari) was very good. The main dish (Red Snapper) was ok. The fish seem not very fresh. The waitress was nice and attentive.Special Features:
- My wife Linda and I have beenOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/7/2008My wife Linda and I have been going to CC for a long time. We go there on special occasions and love it. that's it in a nutshell, AnneSpecial Features:
- Each time I go it gets betterWiltonFrankVIPDined on 7/26/2008Each time I go it gets better than the previous visit.Special Features:
- This place tries to be muchOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/17/2008This place tries to be much better than it actually is. Hire some servers with some actual customer service mindedness!
- Have eaten there before. NotkeithmVIPDined on 7/6/2008Have eaten there before. Not an excellent place, but consistantly good.Special Features:
- Although Club Café is in factFlimnerVIPDined on 6/29/2008Although Club Café is in fact set up as a nightclub, our brunch there was perfect. The staff were attentive without being obtrusive. They were friendly and seated us even though we were there prior to opening. The food was delicious, visually appealing, and served in a timely manner. It is certainly not a diner but the food is better than most diners to begin with and fairly priced. We will be back!Special Features:
- Food presentation was extremelyOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/28/2008Food presentation was extremely disappointing when I found that my $16 NY Strip Steak Frites was brought out to me wrapped in wax paper & placed in a cafeteria-style mesh plastic basket. This made the food, which was otherwise good, taste cheap. Service was mediocre & impersonal. For the price I paid, about $40 per person, the restaurant left much to be desired. I'm hoping to give Club Cafe a second chance to make a better impression.Special Features:
- The food was very good andOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/28/2008The food was very good and the service was also excellent.Special Features:
- The service was great. VeryOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/25/2008The service was great. Very attentive. We had a very nice dinner.Special Features:
- Food was good and simple.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/11/2008Food was good and simple. We had mother's Day brunch. Clearly in the evening this place would have a very happening gay scene, as evidenced by multiple awards on the wall. Service was outstanding and the atmosphere was nice. Would highly recommend at the 10 dollar a plate brunch level.Special Features:
- Great evening. DelightfulOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/19/2008Great evening. Delightful host and fantastic server.Special Features:
- Our waiter, Joey, was fast,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/18/2008Our waiter, Joey, was fast, efficient, and friendly--oh, and also cute. :-) We arrived late, but when I gave the host my name, he seemed pleased to see me and said our table was ready. It was early, and they were not busy, but even when they are, 209 is a great place to go for good food in a great setting.Special Features:
- We hsd a wonerful time atAlexVIPDined on 4/5/2008We hsd a wonerful time at 209 Boston, Club Cafe. The food was delicious, especially the oysters and the foie gras. Our server Mathew was excellent. He was very friendly, helpful and helped make for a wonderful dining experience. We look forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- While the service and staffOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 3/30/2008While the service and staff were extremely nice -- the food was just OK. Of most dissapointment was the fact that they did away with the Sunday Brunch buffet and instead offered overpriced entree's. I can't believe I paid $7 for a plain waffle. Bring back the buffett!!Special Features:
- The Tiger Shrimp AppetizerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/19/2008The Tiger Shrimp Appetizer was a terrific combination of flavors and very well presented. The torneados of Beef were tender, properly portioned again a terrific combination of flavors, they truly complimented each other. The dessert unfortunately was very flat. The cookies in the cookie plate (a waste) were dry and tasteless, although the bourbon "milkshake" was a nice touch as a side. The Chocolate bread pudding was well made, however it was ont well re-heated. The top was cool and the bottom was "burn your mouth" hot, the flavor was terrific with the bottle of zinfandel. The server although kind and friendly was neither well trained nor attentive, especially for such a slow evening. I would go again only if I went out often.
- Four of us grabbed a quickJoeyBDined on 3/15/2008Four of us grabbed a quick dinner before seeing Avenue Q. The food here has always been solid but the service can be shaky. They were great when we wnet. Got us in and out in the hour we asked. I had the Restaurant Week special and the shrimp appetizer was outstanding. Nice place. Good food. Very reasonably priced. Will definitely go back.Special Features: