209 Columbus Ave.
Boston, MA 02116Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.clubcafe.com/
- Phone: 6175360966
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: beginning at 4:00pm. Bar open till 2:00am (Please note we are 21+ ONLY after 9:30pm)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American, International
- Executive Chef: Chef Luis
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: An extensive catering menu is available. Club Cafe has private seated dining areas for parties as small as 12 to 15 people, and as large as 100+. We also can accommodate cocktail parties for up to 300 people, in multiple rooms with multiple entertainment options.
- Private Party Facilities: There are two private rooms, complete with audio visual, flat screen TV's a stage and two separate bars. The rooms can be booked together for larger party, or separately for smaller parties.
- Private Party Contact: James Morgrage 6175360972
- Entertainment: Piano entertainment in our Napoleon Room Cabaret & dining room; 8pm, Sunday's 6:30pm. Monday's Drag Bingo & RuPaul Drag Race viewing parties, Trivia Tuesday's, Karaoke Wednesday's, Hot Body Thirsty Thursday's, Friday & Saturday Dance party beginning at 10pm.
Back to Basic's Disco T-Dance Sunday's beginning at 5pm. Check out our web site at www.clubcafe.com for all up coming events.
- Special Events: Wine dinners and shows are announced on our web site and to our customers via our mailing list. Visit www.clubcafe.com to join our "Club Cafe Members Club" where Members earn discounts and invitations to VIP Only Events.
- Cross Street: Berkeley St.
- Public Transit: Orange line - Back Bay, Exit Orange Line at Clarendon Street exit and go one block north on Columbus Avenue. Green Line - Arlington Street Exit on Arlington Street and walk east to Columbus Avenue. Right on Columbus Avenue, 1 block to Berkeley Street. Entrance is on Columbus Avenue.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Primary parking is in the John Hancock Parking Garage, one block south. Enter on Clarendon Street a discount voucher is available on our web page. Additionally, a second open air lot is located diagonally across from Club Cafe. Limited on street and metered parking is also available. Meters in effect util 8pm.
A word from Club Café
This South End/Back Bay restaurant located in the Landmark Pledge of Allegiance Building, has been serving excellent American Cuisine since 1983. Free live nightly piano & vocals entertainment mix with excellent dining by Chef Luis in a relaxing and inviting atmosphere. This recently remodeled restaurant, provides some of Boston’s best dining values.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Club Café reviews from OpenTable diners
21 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (18)neighborhood gem (15)vibrant bar scene (14)great for brunch (11)special occasion (11)hot spot (11)fit for foodies (9)late-night find (9)great for lunch (8)romantic (7)notable wine list (1)Show More
- One of the best places inOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/28/2012One of the best places in Boston for lounging and dining... great performers come hereSpecial Features:
- Get-Away weekendSpidaDined on 4/22/2012Always wonderful food, and great entetainment in the Napoleon Room.Special Features:
- great food at a reasonableOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/21/2012great food at a reasonable price. server attentive and polite. would come back again!Special Features:
- We had a great time here!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/14/2012We had a great time here! We went just for apps and drinks before going out for my friend's bachelorette party. I had specified in my reservation on open table that it was for a bachelorette and they put all sorts of pink favors on the table (glow sticks, necklaces, masks) - so cute!Special Features:
- Food great, noise level unbearablewas1Dined on 4/8/2012The food was superb as was the service. We were alone in the Napoleon Room for most of the meal because we chose to have an early dinner on Easter due to other events later. When the pianist started the sound was not amplified--and perfect for the room size. However soon both the piano and the singer were plugged in and the entire atmosphere became unbearable. As the other tables filled the noise level elevated. The level of amplification made those seated at other tables talk very loudly in order to be heard--even across the table where they were seated. When we dine at the Club Cafe we will request not to be in the Napoleon Room.Special Features:
- We selected this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/8/2012We selected this restaurant for its Easter Brunch buffet based on the reasonable price and the reviews we had seen. We were very happy with the brunch selections, the quality of the food, and the service. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. We would return again at another time to try dinner!
- Easter brunch was great. WonderfulDiscobDined on 4/8/2012Easter brunch was great. Wonderful variety of food and well prepared. The service was excellent both at our table and at the buffet. Would definitely recommend eating here on holiday occasions as well as regular dinners. Looking forward to our next meal there.Special Features:
- Wonderful place to dine.SpidaDined on 3/30/2012Wonderful place to dine. Friday and Saturday provide a nice place to dine on great food and listen to equally fine music. The Napolean Room is a very nice addition to those who want to sit away from an energetic bar area. Always terrific service.Special Features:
- The waiter reminded me itOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/23/2012The waiter reminded me it is Restaurant Week. They served a seared, sesame encrusted tuna salad on a bed of mostly spinach that was the most delicious fish I ever tasted in my life. Can't wait for them to add it to the regular menuSpecial Features:
- Thank You, I continue to beWiltonFrankVIPDined on 3/22/2012Thank You, I continue to be impressed with the new menu items, and the improved serviceSpecial Features:
- I have always gone to ClubOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/18/2012I have always gone to Club Cafe at night. It was so nice to go to a familiar hang out for brunch. It was great! The server was friendly and got us everything we needed. Great service, great food, great atmosphere... GLBT friendly is a great bonus!Special Features:
- If you expect to charge $22-26OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/16/2012If you expect to charge $22-26 for a dish of anything, the dish must be appropriately prepared and served. Hard rolls that will break your tooth if you dare bite into them are NOT ACCEPTABLE. If you know you have 2 large parties, staff adequately. The ambience is great, the pianists and vocalists are improving, the service is friendly but not good enough, and they should be well informed of the discounts. The portions are just enough, someonee with a big appetite would be lost here. Would I recommend it? Yes, I am there every Friday for the music.Special Features:
- We had a great, affordableOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/3/2012We had a great, affordable dinner here. Both my "Lobster Mac and Cheese" and my boyfriend's lamb chops were delicious. Nothing surprising on the menu, but everything is very tasty. The Napoleon room is nice and quite for intimate dining. Our server was also very polite and helpful.Special Features:
- My wife and I celebrated ourOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/3/2012My wife and I celebrated our 29th wedding anniversary with a dinner and show (Mass Hysteria). Dining at Club Cafe was a convenience choice. We found the atmosphere and wait staff to be very inviting and we felt satisfied with our choice. The food presentation was great but the food has room for improvement. The sirloin steak was a bit tough, the risotto was not cooked completely, and the shrimp could have been shelled more. The overall experience was still very good.Special Features:
- Had dinner in the NapoleonOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/25/2012Had dinner in the Napoleon Room, it was great! Food was excellent, entertainment was terrific. Great wait staff!Special Features:
- Bypass Club CafeLoukewarmDined on 2/14/2012I was not impressed. I had dined there a few years ago and now I am reminded why I didn't rush back. Food was average at best and when it arrived at the table it was not particulary hot and the service was not great as the wait person seemed to be very disengaged for the most part. Good thing the maitre d' was around as he was more attentive than the waitperson.
- Valentine's Day was great!ConcordGolferDined on 2/14/2012We dined at Club Cafe for Valentine's Day and they did a great job with the food. This was not expected and very pleasing. The extra touches made by the restaurant made it a memorable occasion and the jazz pianist was a great addition and very welcome at the end of our meal.Special Features:
- My favor part during a dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012My favor part during a dinner is the bread. Unfortunetelly, Club Cafe don't serve nice warm fresh rolls.
- Have had several meals hereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/11/2012Have had several meals here either at the bar or at a table. The quality of the food and the service has always been excellent.
- Getting thereOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/10/2012Entertainment at its Napoleon Bar was superb this week. There a few faux pas between servers and kitchen. There are the "termination" points like bringing in the salt and pepper, a steak knife, all the servers unseen at the same time or enjoying the show.Special Features:
- No receptionist to acknowledgeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/26/2012No receptionist to acknowledge your arrival, it did not matter if you have reservations or not. For dining, do not choose the Napoleon Bar section if you want to hold a conversation. Our main course was good. Service is awful. It took forever to take our orders and to server them, and when we placed orders for desserts, they botched it and we lost patience waiting for them to serve the correct order so we asked for our bill and left very disappointed.
- Sunday brunch at Club CafeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/1/2012Sunday brunch at Club Cafe is a great meal for the price. Buffet style and relaxed atmosphere allows you to enjoy yourself without feeling rushed...Special Features:
- I had not been to club cafeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/20/2011I had not been to club cafe for many years. I will be Back soon.Special Features:
- The service has come a longWiltonFrankVIPDined on 11/5/2011The service has come a long way at this neighborhood gem. Friendly and efficient. Also, I love the free live vocal entertainment in the cabaret lounge.Special Features:
- our waitor was horrible, moreOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/29/2011our waitor was horrible, more interested in mingling than servicing tables
- Great food and live entertainment!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/22/2011Love Club Cafe....food was great, service was great, and love that they have live entertainment in the Napoleon RoomSpecial Features:
- Good stuff!diningcatDined on 10/21/2011We always enjoy the service and the food at Club Cafe. It is a great neighborhood restaurant and offers good quality at a reasonable price. Also, they always seem able to accommodate a last minute reservation -- even on a busy Friday night!Special Features:
- was shocked to arrive on aDiscerningdinerVIPDined on 10/21/2011was shocked to arrive on a Friday noontime and find the place empty. Took a while to find anyone but once seated, service and food were fine.
- They proved my point, youOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/7/2011They proved my point, you cannot change the menu and add $10-15 to entrees and then serve them cold because they were not heated enough. Except for that, the entertainment and service are A-1Special Features:
- The food is as good as mostOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/7/2011The food is as good as most places, the prices are reasonable, and the service staff is very attentive. I'd go again.Special Features:
- While the food was fine andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/23/2011While the food was fine and the server was friendly, the management was not helpful and even rude.
- I sat in the Napoleon roomOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/21/2011I sat in the Napoleon room near the windows. Went with my son to catch up on things. Our seating near the windows was great, very quiet so we were able to talk. The food was delicious. He got the filet mignon and I got the scallops, both of us were very satisfied with our food and service. Yes, definitely go again. I read other reviews before I went and those that were negative put some doubt in my mind about the restaurant, but again I say we were both very satisfied.
- Outstanding Sunday Brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/18/2011We went for brunch a few months ago and it was OUTSTANDING! There weren't that many people there and we were shocked because of the spread and the quality of food. The manager/owner was wonderfully accommodating to us and we'll be back!Special Features:
- Always a great dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/17/2011We always have a wonderful dinner at Club Cafe! Thanks to all your staff!Special Features:
- I would recommend Club CafenonameDined on 9/15/2011I would recommend Club Cafe but with one very important caveat. As he was seating us, the host asked if we were staying for the show. We said no, and we were then seated in front of a small stage. We assumed he meant a show in another room that is used for shows, so we did not expect the show te be on the stage that we were seated next to. Also, the stage appeared to be used as a storage area because it was almost completely covered with boxes. Near the end of our meal a very loud show started. It was very awkward to get up and leave but we had to. Lesson learned - ask what show and where and when will it be???
- Beware of pricing constraintsSteveVIPDined on 9/11/2011The reservation process was easy and we were promptly received. We had a choice between two rooms for dining. We thought the Napoleon Room would be quieter, since the main room was noisy, but both had high noise levels. There were five of us. Three of us ordered "regular" meals and two ordered a "two for one" special. A steak meal was overcooked and not eaten. We were using an Open Table coupon and told that, because of that and not having specifically said that the two identical meals were being ordered as a special, the "two for one" wouldn't apply. Beware! Geoffrey's Cafe is just around the corner and I'd go there sooner than returning to Club Cafe for dinner.Special Features:
- Food was nothing special.mrpeabodyVIPDined on 9/4/2011Food was nothing special. I was disappointed by the food which I had hoped had improved since the last visit. Portions were small for cost and taste was not inspiring.
- They cannot make a menu withOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/2/2011They cannot make a menu with small portions for restaurant week at $33 that includes salad, entree and dessert and then offer the same size and entree for $26 regularly when their most expensive dish before that was $16. Hard to take as a regular customer. Either they increase the portion or they charge less or go back to the older menu that they can afford.Special Features:
- This week the food was OKOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/26/2011This week the food was OK and they debuted a new menu for next week. Entertainment was off the cuff but amenableSpecial Features:
- Food was not up to par forOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/22/2011Food was not up to par for Restaurant Week. Not good value at all. They need to be taken off as one of the participating restaurants of restaurant week