Tillman's Roadhouse - Dallas
324 W. Seventh Street
Dallas, TX 75208Neighborhood:
Oak Cliff / Bishop Arts
Comfort FoodPrice: $31 to $50
Tillman's Roadhouse - Dallas
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tillmansroadhouse.com/
- Phone: 2149420988x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner- Tues.- Thurs 5pm to 9:30pm
Friday and Saturday 5pm to 11pm
Sunday 5pm to 9pm
Brunch - Saturday and Sunday 10am to 3pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Cody Brandt
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Celebrate with friends, family or colleagues by dining in The Woods at Tillman's Roadhouse. Our private dining room will transport you to a birch forest with faux antelope rug and taxidermy peacocks. The perfect spot to relax, unwind and spend an evening or afternoon.
- Private Party Contact: Eric Dominguez 214-942-0988x
- Entertainment: Come experience the fun of the deep evening table top dance by our house entertainer.
A word from Tillman's Roadhouse - Dallas
Tillman's Roadhouse is committed to delivering gourmet chuck-wagon cuisine in a setting that is the perfect marriage of rustic and lush with friendly, knowledgeable and approachable service. Come enjoy truffled popcorn and Texas Hospitality in our Bishop Arts neighborhood restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tillman's Roadhouse - Dallas reviews from OpenTable diners
97 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (49)neighborhood gem (46)good for groups (40)special occasion (37)hot spot (27)romantic (17)great for brunch (16)great for lunch (8)great for outdoor dining (7)vibrant bar scene (7)late-night find (5)scenic view (4)kid-friendly (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Poor food serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014The food was good, however, it literally took an hour to receive it from the time we ordered. The staff's response to the length of time was "I don't know what to tell you. We're short staffed." First of all, who short staffs their restaurant at a busy spot on a Saturday evening? Second, if they were so "short staffed", why did other tables get their food when they were seated long after us? I will say that I've been to Tillmans before, and the service was much better, which is why I would go back again. I seriously doubt my girlfriend would go back though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/15/2014my family and I went recently to tillman's roadhouse. It has always been one of our favorites. We got a reservation early and had a wonderful time catching up with friends. The food was delicious. We always love the goat cheese tater tots. The short ribs were tender and the venison chili pie was yum! Our waiter was nice. My only complaint is it took one hour between when we ordered our entrees to when we rec'd them. Not sure if thats because we ordered one appetizer and it was still on the table. We had two small children with us so in the end our dinner took three hours which we were hoping to avoid by making such an early reservation. We will definitely be back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date night perfectionAnnieDined on 2/14/2014It is always a treat to dine at Tillman's so when my husband suggested it for Valentines day, I was happy to oblige. Per usual the food and experience was exceptional. Cocktails crafted so perfectly I couldn't help but overindulge just slightly. Fun and vibrant atmosphere lends itself well to a date night, plus tableside s'mores for two, how can you not fall in love! We'll definitely be back for more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All around phenomenal!Tayfo63Dined on 2/14/2014This was the second time my boyfriend and I attended Tillman's Roadhouse for dinner and it (somehow) it was even better than we remembered! First of all, I love the decor of this restaurant. It is so unique with it's wood walls and rustic decor mixed with romantic touches like twinkling chandeliers and velvety booth seating. We had the goat cheese tator tots, grilled beef tenderloin, chicken fried steak and tableside smores and everything was absolutely delicious! Would recommend to anyone!!Special Features:
- Cool atmosphere; food decentDHayesDined on 2/14/2014This place is small but the atmosphere is great. Texas chic is the best thing I can think of to describe it. Food was good but not mind blowing, especially for the price. Seemed to be expensive just because of its location rather than the fare necessitating it. I'd go back but wouldn't go out of my way to make this an option.Special Features:
- Great Food, Great Atmosphere...OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/12/2014Quantities were smaller than expected, especially the appetisers but over-all great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service was lackingFloMofoodieVIPDined on 2/9/2014We were seated promptly for our noon reservation for brunch and everything was slow after that. Drinks, appetizers and entrees took a long time to arrive. Although the restaurant tried to apologize and make amends with a discounted bill, waiting over 2 hours was a bit much. Food quality was not up to past experience. I hope they get their staffing problems worked out; otherwise Tillman's may have larger problems.Special Features:
- Tillmans Roadhouse - OMG!KManDined on 2/8/2014One of my new favorite restaurants! The lobster tamales, chicken fried steak, and pumpkin angel food cake were amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I want the bar wallOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/6/2014I'm from outbid town, this was recommended by coworker. Service prompt and friendly, accommodated my desire to change sides. Baby back ribs incredible and plentiful, sweet potato grits amazing, Swiss chard cooked to perfection. Pear salad perfectly balanced. But the truffle popcorn - I want a feed bag full of it. Request to change music from Huey Lewis (I mean who he he'll plays Huey Lewis at a restaurant) accepted and Replaced with Americana. In the words of a famous governor - I'll be back. Oh yeah, the wall of the bar is way cool.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and TastyCareyZDined on 2/1/2014The food was fantastic and the restaurant was very cozy with great tables for groups to gather at. The only negative was that people didn't want to leave, so those of us with reservations ended up waiting an extra hour or so before we got to sit down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls Night OutJaxDallasDined on 2/1/2014I made reservations for 6 girls on a Saturday night. The ambiance, food and service has always been good, and this is one of my favorite places to go. However, we waited over an hour for our table that we had reservations for. We never ended up sitting at our table, we gave up and sat in the bar area. I have always had great experiences here, but this may have changed my mind.Special Features:
- Reservations??? Not worth it!stephyDined on 2/1/2014We recently dined at Tillman's and had an 8:30 reservation. We arrived at 8:25 and waited for 20 minutes before asking about the status of our table. We were told by the hostess that the kitchen was backed up and it could be another 15-20 minutes. Then, w e were told that the 8pm reservations had not been seated yet. At that point, we asked to be seated on the outdoor (enclosed and heated with portable heaters). Outside, we were not as comfortable and the ambiance was not at all what was available inside, but we had no confidence in the staff to assure us our table would be ready in a timely manner. So, poor kitchen to front management. Food was good, but overall experience lacking. Why bother making reservations!!Special Features:
- DessertTedWDined on 1/31/2014My wife and I went to Tillman's for their Cookie Tower after a night out. The cookies were a bit lacking. They tasted like they were made from frozen, store bought cookie dough (I could taste the freezer aspect). The ice cream served with the dessert, however, was amazing. Hopefully, the cookie situation was not normal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Rustic AppealDallasDinerDined on 1/29/2014I love Tillman's. It's creatively different. Great area and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tillman's is that good!Todd56Dined on 1/24/2014Chef knows what he is doing! Interesting dishes with that art flare to them! Awesome table side S'mores with flames and all! Great service too!Special Features:
- Loved it!ck2014VIPDined on 1/23/2014I have been wanting to eat at Tillman's for some time and wasn't disappointed with my visit. All of the servers were very friendly and helpful. The food was delicious. We had the French fry trio as an appetizer and they (and the dipping sauces) were outstanding. We were so full that we had no room for s'mores. Will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeLesliesullyDined on 1/23/2014Restaurant is beautiful. I live the decor: chandeliers, birds, etc. love the couches. Food was really good and somewhat unique. I will definitely come back. Oh yeah, truffle popcorn is awesome!Special Features:
- tasty food but small portionsOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 1/19/2014tasty food but small portions and very expensive ($3 split plate and even $3 to add a slice of turkey in the kid's cheese sandwitch)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long waitRossDined on 1/18/2014I have long enjoyed Tillman's, although it had been a couple of years since our last visit. Wait staff was wonderful. Food quality was as good as I remembered. Squid ink pasta special was surprisingly good. Our one disappointment was the long wait - 40 minutes, despite reservations. We were told by the hostess that it all hinged on whether the party before us decided to have dessert, which they did not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/18/2014The food was just OK. The tater appetizer looked and tasted frozen. The ribs were dry and to pay 125 I expected much more.Special Features:
- Cool place but that's about it.MsSodiumVIPDined on 1/17/2014The venison chili pie was decent, but definitely not for the price we paid. My baby back ribs were also a disappointment. The flavor was average, not smokey enough. The quality of the meat was not up to par to qualify for a good BBQ. The mac and cheese that came with my BBQ was good though. Finally, we ended with what I've been waiting for all night...the s'mores. This is a really cool concept. Everything was made in house. There were three flavors of marshmallows-mint, root beer, and maple. Never had flavored marshmallows before. These were very soft and fluffy. But I wasn't feeling it. It was too sweet for me. Don't hate me but I really enjoyed the classic s'more from camps much more.Special Features:
- Unique Yet Honest Take On Classics!JordanBarrickDined on 1/17/2014My Wife and I celebrated our wedding anniversary recently and were looking for a moderately priced restaurant to share a unique experience. Fortunately we were not let down by Tillman's Roadhouse's incredibly tasty goat cheese truffle fries to start followed by the pan seared lasagna and pork loin entrees. Every flavor was not only captured by their chef but also new and mouth-watering combinations entered in and shared the spotlight quite nicely. This certainly is a lively location and not built for a romantic evening, but perfect for a fun experience with a fresh take on classic roadhouse comfort foods!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty Good RibsJudyVIPDined on 1/15/2014Was in town for business and needed to have some ribs. Their baby backs were not quite fall off the bone but still very tender. I was not crazy about the chipotle bbq sauce. The bacon mac & cheese it was served with was so rich and delicious. Also had a side of broccolini which was cooked perfectly. Service was excellent.I would recommend this to a friend.
- been to both Tillman's nowprestonDined on 1/11/2014I had been to the FW Tillmans several times and loved it. Even though I live in Plano, I would not try the Dallas location because they did not have my favorite things from the FW menu. Well looks like the two have become more similar than before. The Dallas location now has the beef fillet with lobster hollandaise on it which has been sorely missing for the past couple of years. Wow, what a treat. The lobster tamales and the truffle tots are the best. Loved the sweet potato grits. Chicken friend steak is like no other I have had in the state of TX. It is amazing. Try it, it can't be replicated. And finally, the blood orange hand crafted margarita, I had 4. so very delicious. Need I say more. BTW, out waiter Israel was terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tillman's always impresses!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/10/2014I've been to Tillman's several times, but recently, I went for a birthday celebration with my family. Our waiter, Carlos, was wonderful! Beers and appetizers were had, including the goat cheese tater tots (so tasty!). When trying to decide between the scallops and short rib, Carlos steered me to the short rib and I was not disappointed! The sweet potato grits that came with it were absolutely amazing as well! At the end of the meal, we debated getting the s'mores (based on previous experiences, I know they're delicious and fun to share), but in the end, everyone was too full for dessert. Not wanting to let me leave without something sweet, however, Carlos brought me a little s'more. It was the perfect ending to a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food/ambience; small portionsDaboDined on 1/4/2014Great dining experience, but the portions were on the small side. I payed @ $34.00 for a steak and was still hungry afterwards. Having said that, I'm sure we'll go back for a special occasion. Dinner and alcohol for 4 with a tip was @ $190.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth what we paidDallasFamilyDined on 1/4/2014We had great service when we dined here. However that was about the only great thing. The food was super salty. They changed out the veggies but left the steak on my plate. We got the bill and they did not offer to discount it for the bad food. In fact they added a 23% gratuity automatically. The servers were attentive to our needs but the overall experience was a terrible disappointment. If you want to a fine dining experience and want to pay a lot of money for it then t I would recommend somewhere else. Here you dish out a lot of money for a nominal experience at best. I should have listened to the reviews.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner was excellentKimP504Dined on 1/3/2014We went to Tillman's for a birthday and had the best meal we could have asked for. The Chicken Fried Steak was the best that I had ever had. The Trio of fries was the perfect start to a fabulous meal. The decor in the restaurant is quite unique and fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Experience!MollyKDined on 1/3/2014First time dining here and everything was superb! The truffle oil popcorn was an unexpected delight. I had the scallops, my husband had the chicken fried steak, and we both had to refrain from licking our plates. We had the s'mores for dessert and that really topped off the meal nicely. We will definitely be returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Drove all the way from TylerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/2/2014Drove all the way from Tyler to eat here and well worth the drive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013What a great experience! The decor is absolutely gorgeous! It is so whimsical and beautiful! The food was amazing and there service was fast even though it was new years eve and super busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor serviceUnhappyDined on 12/31/2013We had to send four items back out of a group of four because either the waiter/kitchen got things wrong or the food was under cooked. At the next table, another waiter brought fried octopus and put it in front of the dinner as if it were free and he was walking around with it. It turned out he was incorrect on the people who had ordered it
- Eclectic with great food!RobbyDined on 12/31/2013Great scene at tillmans along with great food. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FANTASTIC ExperienceTexasGirlinDCDined on 12/31/2013This was one of the best dining experiences I have had in quite some time! The service was fantastic (shout out to Israel, our server) and every sip and bite was perfection. The "Sassy Sara" is a fantastic cocktail and, after meeting Sara Tillman (who I assumed it was named after) aptly named :). The truffle popcorn is to die for. The Trio of Fries was a great appetizer to share. All of the entrees were cooked and seasoned to perfection. The beef tenderloin was quite possibly the best steak I've ever had. And the s'mores....there are no words. I'm still dreaming about them. Many places do great drinks, or great food, or great service, but very few do all of it perfectly. Tillman's Roadhouse is one of the few. I can't wait to go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner great. Brunch menu just okayPennyVIPDined on 12/29/2013Eat here. The dinner menu is fun and varied. Brunch menu is small with too much of an attempt at being unique. Service in Dallas and FW location are both very good.Special Features:
- Wonderful DessertChrisDined on 12/28/2013I took a date here for dessert after we had dinner at another restaurant. We split the S'Mores and absolutely loved it. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too many other good restaurants.luv2dineDined on 12/28/2013Nothing we tried was memorable. The tater tots, the lobster tamale, and the salads were blah. The beer choices were good. Too many other good restaurants to go back.
- Service great, but food notOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/28/2013I thought the restaurant was good. The service and staff were top-notch and they seemed pretty knowledgable with the questions that we had. As for the food, I can't speak for the rest of my party but I didn't like what I had which was the shiner short ribs. It had too much fat on the meat for my liking and the sides that came with it were not good. I felt myself still wanting more after I ate as much as I could from my plate.Special Features:
- Family in townFamilyintownDined on 12/27/2013I had family in town for Christmas and we wanted to try something different. Dinner started with Tillman's unique popcorn to snack on while we looked over the menu. We ended up getting a bottle of Tillman's Reserve Cabernet ($45/bottle) and it wasn't bad at all. We split salads which ended up being a great portion size. Each of us ordered different entrees. This is real Texas comfort food. The best part of the meal were the smores! This is a must have even if you don't eat dinner there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date night spotOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/26/2013Tillman's was a great experience. It had all the comfort food classics like chicken fried steak and ribs. We loved the blood orange margaritas. The lobster tamales were amazing. We'll definitely come back to try out more delicious dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.