Tillman's Roadhouse - Dallas
324 W. Seventh Street
Dallas, TX 75208Neighborhood:
Oak Cliff / Bishop Arts
Comfort FoodPrice: $31 to $50
Tillman's Roadhouse - Dallas
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tillmansroadhouse.com/
- Phone: 2149420988x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner- Tues.- Thurs 5pm to 9:30pm
Friday and Saturday 5pm to 11pm
Sunday 5pm to 9pm
Brunch - Saturday and Sunday 10am to 3pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Cody Brandt
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Celebrate with friends, family or colleagues by dining in The Woods at Tillman's Roadhouse. Our private dining room will transport you to a birch forest with faux antelope rug and taxidermy peacocks. The perfect spot to relax, unwind and spend an evening or afternoon.
- Private Party Contact: Eric Dominguez 214-942-0988x
- Entertainment: Come experience the fun of the deep evening table top dance by our house entertainer.
A word from Tillman's Roadhouse - Dallas
Tillman's Roadhouse is committed to delivering gourmet chuck-wagon cuisine in a setting that is the perfect marriage of rustic and lush with friendly, knowledgeable and approachable service. Come enjoy truffled popcorn and Texas Hospitality in our Bishop Arts neighborhood restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tillman's Roadhouse - Dallas reviews from OpenTable diners
93 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (51)fit for foodies (45)good for groups (39)special occasion (39)hot spot (24)great for brunch (20)romantic (16)great for lunch (12)late-night find (8)vibrant bar scene (7)great for outdoor dining (5)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Very UniqueChoppadDined on 5/10/2014One of a kind, great food, personable! Will leave a remarkable impression on you and your guests!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningDelightfulDined on 5/3/2014Can't get a bad meal, everything is very good. I would recommend Tillman's for anyone looking for a wonderful evening wit friends.Special Features:
- Never a bad choice!SouthernFoodPleaseDined on 5/2/2014I cannot rave about Tillman's enough. Excellent restraunt in a fun, trendy neighborhood--I always love taking people here. I don't know anyone who's been unhappy with their food, and the service is the perfect blend of professional and friendly. It has a fun atmosphere (a bit noisy if that isn't your thing, although I love it), and little touches like the tableside smores (with amazing chocolate and flavored, housemade marshmallows) really put it over-the-top. It's worth every penny and will definitely impress anyone you bring with you.Special Features:
- Unexpected nice surpriseTillmansRHDined on 4/27/2014I wasn't expecting the food to be anything special, but upon the first treat arriving at the table (Truffle tater tots) i was pleasantly surprised. They were outstanding. Then my Toad in the Hole with smoked duck and an egg tucked in a crusted piece of Texas toast arrived with a side of green chili grits and I was wowed. Everyone at the table loved their food. The noise level was very manageable. The music a nice background filler. The service spot on.Special Features:
- Awesome date night!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/18/2014I took my boyfriend here for his birthday and it was the first time for both of us. We heard how amazing it was and everyone was right! The decor is very rustic and eclectic, the ambiance was great, our server Israel was very knowledgeable and attentive and the food was amazing! We decided to carb load and try the Trio of Fries and dont regret it one bit, so delicious!! We split the chicken fried steak which was basically a filet minon with a very thin breading on the outside... definitely NOT your typical Texas chicken fried steak. The only thing we regret not having was dessert. We ended up going somewhere else for dessert but wish we had ordered the smores... oh well, next time for sure!Special Features:
- DisappointedFirsttimeindallasDined on 4/12/2014The menu was good and very simple. Our group had the ribs, chicken fried steak, corn bread muffins, and table side s'mores. The s'mores cooked at table were fun but overall just ok. I was expecting more from the recommendation we received to eat here. The service was slow and waiter kept forgetting portions of our order. Food was overcooked. The mandatory gratuity tacked on at 20% for parties of 6 or more was definetly not earned. The ambiance was great and the bar looked inviting. Very disappointing.
- We arrived 20 minutes beforetombeauxDined on 4/12/2014We arrived 20 minutes before our reservation and they graciously seated us. This is yet another Bishop Arts District good find. I had the chicken and dumplings, which was great but not mind-blowing. The pre-meal popcorn for munching is wonderful. My friend had the chicken fried steak and was very happy with his choice. The portions on that item were a little light, something you don't expect with that item in Texas. We were too full for desert, but I'm looking forward to going back and trying those,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RepeatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/4/2014We are never disappointed and come here for many family occasions. Everything is delicious, especially the chicken fried steak, fry trio, and s'mores. You can't go wrong for something different and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Broken promises3brokenpromisesDined on 3/29/2014I had reserved the a table in the back--thru open table as well as calling twice, to ensure that we would get a table in the back. We had been told it was loud in the front rooms so given the group I was with--we requested the back. They did not honor the resevation and pot us right in the middle. The food was tremendously salted, the service was slow, and our party of people including three birthday people and my elderly parents could not converse with each other except for yelling. Very disppointedSpecial Features:
- Eclectic but lackingLefty58Dined on 3/29/2014A very eclectic restaurant with a lot of character. Unusual dishes that are very good but a bit over-priced for the amount of the portions. With any drinks, appetizers or deserts at all very easy to check out over $100 for two people. Despite having a reservation we were still required to wait about 20-25 minutes for a table. It appeared as if the wait staff could have done a better job of balancing tables based upon the reservations received.Special Features:
- Still good, just not the waitStevenDined on 3/28/2014Got same night reservations on a Friday. I guess the newness has worn off in fickle Dallas. Food was excellent as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticDMHueDined on 3/28/2014This place is not the norm. Menu is unique, and at first glance you think you are paying too much for comfort food until you eat it. The taste and unique spin on the dishes make it worth while. And go all out to buy the table side s'mores.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedCunninghamsDined on 3/28/2014This place is a little pricey but the good quality is worth it. Everything you get is delicious and filling. We have been to Tillman's several times and will continue visiting. PS The table side s'mores are amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little slowOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/23/2014We went for brunch and the food took quite a while. At least 45 minutes and not a word from the waiter regarding the kitchen being backed up or an apology. The food was great except the grits. They had absolutely no flavor. It was like someone pureed some sweet potatoes and poured them into grits without seasoning either one. I get that brunch is a busy time but some acknowledgment would have been nice.
- A bit loudOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/21/2014Had been a couple times before this visit, thought the menu had been trimmed down seemed a little limited. Ribs were great, the civeche tower with popcorn on top, the popcorn was soggy. The popcorn they bring when you first sit down is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent diningStumpyDined on 3/14/2014I was SO impressed with the pork tenderloin. All four individuals at the table were delighted with their menu choices. I'll can't wait to return and experience more that Tillman's has to offer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet ambiencegongju00Dined on 3/11/2014Cute little place with country music playing in the background. Loved the atmosphere. Venison chili was quite tasty, although their homemade chips might have been a bit too oily for me. Right in the middle of BAD, it's a nice little place, could be a nice date place with their tableside s'mores (which were delicious!!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining ExeperienceCJDallasDined on 3/7/2014We had a small group of 4 for an informal dinner out on Friday night. Our reservations were at 8pm and we were there 5 minutes early. We didn't get seated until 8:45 which was a sort of a bad way to start - but overall the specialty drinks were great, the food was really delicious and we had no complaints about with the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great meal!1stDatersDined on 2/28/2014Never disappointed in Tillman's. Food/Service/Atmosphere all great. LOVE, LOVE the goat cheese tator tots, most tender chicken fried steak, but finale extraordinaire--S'Mores. Don't leave for home without them!Special Features:
- Good but not greatLove2eatDined on 2/28/2014Scallops tasted really gritty. Ribs were good but better with no sauce. Cute decor really sweet fun server but it took a very long time to get out food and I didn't feel like the place was slammed. Fried pickes were sweet pickle and good but not great. It has a good energy and neat ambiance. If someone invited me back I would go but it is not something I would drive back for. Def not bad but not wowed. I have heard good things about it so maybe I need to go back and try something more southern than scallops! The staff made me feel welcome and very appreciated!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I had my family from out ofjkayDined on 2/28/2014I had my family from out of town staying with me for the weekend. I made reservations at Tillman's for 13. I was a little worried because I didn't know if that restaurant could handle that large of a group and the mix of ages. The youngest was 7 months and the oldest was 79. Everyone loved it!. Great cocktails and wine for the adults, and for the kids all the splendor of the tableside S'Mores. The food was wonderful and the service was terrific. I could not have picked a better place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bishop Arts BeautyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/22/2014Tiillman's has always been one of the local hot spots...Sarah Tillman is the best!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fell shortBrunchieDined on 2/22/2014Didn't really live up to the hype. They don't serve brunch on Saturdays, which was what my friends and I really wanted to have. We settled with the lunch menu since we had a reservation. Appetizers were delicious (goat cheese tator tots and the fries were amazing). The entrees definitely could use some work. I had the meatloaf, which had too much going on and wasn't as tender as I would've liked it to be. The mac n cheese was a little bland and could definitely use some seasoning. We plan to go back for the tableside smores.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tillman's RoadhouseMarkDined on 2/21/2014A good food selection/variety and wonderful presentation. The restaurant was a little noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't botherDerstoweDined on 2/19/2014On a quiet night there's nothing to recommend; no scene, mediocre food, ill-trained staff.
- Great birthday dinner!CheardDined on 2/18/2014I celebrated my birthday here this week and the food and service was wonderful! Carlos, our waiter, was funny and very good with suggestions. The food was amazing and I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and fun!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014This restaurant was really a fun place to go. The food and service was excellent- they don't have a huge menu- but they have chosen some unique items they are very good at making! The decorations are different, but fun! It was really crowded, and the tables are large, so it does make conversation a little difficult. The area is great to walk around after, all in all it was a great pick!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor food serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014The food was good, however, it literally took an hour to receive it from the time we ordered. The staff's response to the length of time was "I don't know what to tell you. We're short staffed." First of all, who short staffs their restaurant at a busy spot on a Saturday evening? Second, if they were so "short staffed", why did other tables get their food when they were seated long after us? I will say that I've been to Tillmans before, and the service was much better, which is why I would go back again. I seriously doubt my girlfriend would go back though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/15/2014my family and I went recently to tillman's roadhouse. It has always been one of our favorites. We got a reservation early and had a wonderful time catching up with friends. The food was delicious. We always love the goat cheese tater tots. The short ribs were tender and the venison chili pie was yum! Our waiter was nice. My only complaint is it took one hour between when we ordered our entrees to when we rec'd them. Not sure if thats because we ordered one appetizer and it was still on the table. We had two small children with us so in the end our dinner took three hours which we were hoping to avoid by making such an early reservation. We will definitely be back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date night perfectionAnnieDined on 2/14/2014It is always a treat to dine at Tillman's so when my husband suggested it for Valentines day, I was happy to oblige. Per usual the food and experience was exceptional. Cocktails crafted so perfectly I couldn't help but overindulge just slightly. Fun and vibrant atmosphere lends itself well to a date night, plus tableside s'mores for two, how can you not fall in love! We'll definitely be back for more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All around phenomenal!Tayfo63Dined on 2/14/2014This was the second time my boyfriend and I attended Tillman's Roadhouse for dinner and it (somehow) it was even better than we remembered! First of all, I love the decor of this restaurant. It is so unique with it's wood walls and rustic decor mixed with romantic touches like twinkling chandeliers and velvety booth seating. We had the goat cheese tator tots, grilled beef tenderloin, chicken fried steak and tableside smores and everything was absolutely delicious! Would recommend to anyone!!Special Features:
- Cool atmosphere; food decentDHayesDined on 2/14/2014This place is small but the atmosphere is great. Texas chic is the best thing I can think of to describe it. Food was good but not mind blowing, especially for the price. Seemed to be expensive just because of its location rather than the fare necessitating it. I'd go back but wouldn't go out of my way to make this an option.Special Features:
- Great Food, Great Atmosphere...OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/12/2014Quantities were smaller than expected, especially the appetisers but over-all great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service was lackingFloMofoodieVIPDined on 2/9/2014We were seated promptly for our noon reservation for brunch and everything was slow after that. Drinks, appetizers and entrees took a long time to arrive. Although the restaurant tried to apologize and make amends with a discounted bill, waiting over 2 hours was a bit much. Food quality was not up to past experience. I hope they get their staffing problems worked out; otherwise Tillman's may have larger problems.Special Features:
- Tillmans Roadhouse - OMG!KManDined on 2/8/2014One of my new favorite restaurants! The lobster tamales, chicken fried steak, and pumpkin angel food cake were amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I want the bar wallOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/6/2014I'm from outbid town, this was recommended by coworker. Service prompt and friendly, accommodated my desire to change sides. Baby back ribs incredible and plentiful, sweet potato grits amazing, Swiss chard cooked to perfection. Pear salad perfectly balanced. But the truffle popcorn - I want a feed bag full of it. Request to change music from Huey Lewis (I mean who he he'll plays Huey Lewis at a restaurant) accepted and Replaced with Americana. In the words of a famous governor - I'll be back. Oh yeah, the wall of the bar is way cool.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and TastyCareyZDined on 2/1/2014The food was fantastic and the restaurant was very cozy with great tables for groups to gather at. The only negative was that people didn't want to leave, so those of us with reservations ended up waiting an extra hour or so before we got to sit down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls Night OutJaxDallasDined on 2/1/2014I made reservations for 6 girls on a Saturday night. The ambiance, food and service has always been good, and this is one of my favorite places to go. However, we waited over an hour for our table that we had reservations for. We never ended up sitting at our table, we gave up and sat in the bar area. I have always had great experiences here, but this may have changed my mind.Special Features:
- Reservations??? Not worth it!stephyDined on 2/1/2014We recently dined at Tillman's and had an 8:30 reservation. We arrived at 8:25 and waited for 20 minutes before asking about the status of our table. We were told by the hostess that the kitchen was backed up and it could be another 15-20 minutes. Then, w e were told that the 8pm reservations had not been seated yet. At that point, we asked to be seated on the outdoor (enclosed and heated with portable heaters). Outside, we were not as comfortable and the ambiance was not at all what was available inside, but we had no confidence in the staff to assure us our table would be ready in a timely manner. So, poor kitchen to front management. Food was good, but overall experience lacking. Why bother making reservations!!Special Features:
- DessertTedWDined on 1/31/2014My wife and I went to Tillman's for their Cookie Tower after a night out. The cookies were a bit lacking. They tasted like they were made from frozen, store bought cookie dough (I could taste the freezer aspect). The ice cream served with the dessert, however, was amazing. Hopefully, the cookie situation was not normal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.