Sanderlings - Seascape Resort
1 Seascape Resort Dr.
Aptos, CA 95003Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Sanderlings - Seascape Resort
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sanderlingsrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 8316627120
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 7:00pm - 11:00pm; Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Daily: 5:30pm - 10:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 9:00pm - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Karl Staub
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our award-winning catering menu features traditional and contemporary dishes made with the freshest local ingredients.
- Private Party Facilities: Whether you are hosting a Rehearsal Dinner, Holiday Celebration, Baby or Bridal Shower, Business luncheon or dinner, we can help make your event special.
- Private Party Contact: Donita Branson 8316627122
- Entertainment: Sanderlings Bar Lounge features musical entertainment on Friday and Saturday Nights 8:30pm until midnight or later.
- Special Events: Whether you are hosting a Rehearsal Dinner, Holiday Celebration, Baby or Bridal Shower, Business luncheon or dinner, we can help make your event special.
A word from Sanderlings - Seascape Resort
Sanderlings Restaurant at Seascape Beach Resort offers elegant, casual dining with a spectacular ocean view from sunrise to sunset.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Sanderlings - Seascape Resort - Best Restaurants in Aptos ›
Sanderlings - Seascape Resort reviews from OpenTable diners
47 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (35)great for outdoor dining (27)special occasion (21)great for brunch (17)romantic (17)great for lunch (14)neighborhood gem (12)good for groups (10)fit for foodies (9)kid-friendly (7)notable wine list (6)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- The spacious and well litgardengirlDined on 12/24/2010The spacious and well lit restaurant has superb views during the day and is a cozy and inviting space at night. The feel is elegant but not pretentious. Food was excellent, served promptly, with adequate portions except for the starter. Enjoyed the 4-course prix fixe menu. Choices were more limited than when I made the reservation, but acceptable. Sanderlings is part of the Seascape Resort, which was beautifully decorated for the holidays.Special Features:
- Very pleased with this choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/4/2010Very pleased with this choice of restaurants. The food, ambiance, service and sea view were all great. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- I took my team for a FallOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/3/2010I took my team for a Fall Planning Luncheon and was very impressed with our waiter. He was gracious, warm and welcoming. The complimentary appetizer was a delicous surprise! I will defintely think of Sanderlings for my next dining experience.Special Features:
- We had dinnner there on aCACoastladyDined on 11/28/2010We had dinnner there on a Sunday night and took advantage of one of their specials: $29.95 for a 4-course dinner with complimentary wine. The food was much more than expected for that price: The chef's appetizer, a duck confit, was a perfect pre-dinner appetite enhancer; the roasted beet salad was among the best we've tasted; the peppered salmon served with a lemon anise caper relish over garlic risotto atop fresh baby spinach was a delicious combination of flavors; the ice cream crepes with fresh berries was over the top, but we both finished our plates. The house wine was a Berringer chard that was the best we've tasted in that category. Large quantities & super service. . .a real gem of a dining experience!Special Features:
- We had a great feast for ThanksgiviOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/25/2010We had a great feast for Thanksgiving. Great quality food in a peaceful atmosphere. The buffet was so good I hardly had any room for dessert.Special Features:
- We had the Thanksgiving buffetOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/25/2010We had the Thanksgiving buffet at the restaurant and noticed a few items we would like to share: 1. I expected to get an authentic Caesar salad (fresh, whole bright green leaves with anchovies and grated Parmesan cheese)- just like Chaminade has - but the salad was all chopped up just like in Fresh Choice where we can get the same for $9.00 2. I expected a real turkey but we found a processes turkey breast instead. 3. Whenever we left to go to the buffet we noticed that our serviette was replaced with a new one. I never experienced this anywhere and think it is overdone. 4. The choice of the food is far less than what we expected. 5. The service was outstanding, the people were very friendly and the atmosphere was romantic!Special Features:
- They did not replenish foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/25/2010They did not replenish food when it ran out...we went 2-3 times to see if the desert area would have deserts and did not get any until someone suggested we go downstairs to get our deserts...not well stocked. I was disappointed with the overall ambiance. I expected much more for +$50.00 per plate for a dinner. I will choose a different place for my next family event.
- We love Sanderlings at Seascape!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/25/2010We love Sanderlings at Seascape! So, so glad we finally tried it (after living in Capitola for 1 1/2 years) The service on Thanksgiving day was amazing. Totally attentive. It started with Lauren (hostess), then Josh (to check on if we were pleased with the table, etc.), Katherine (wait staff), Joey, (wait staff)...and I wish I had gotten the name of the kitchen/chef staff who were manning the buffet. I asked one of them for some seafood forks and they brought them to the table. Anyway, great, great day.Special Features:
- We had a group of 17 for ThanksgiviOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/25/2010We had a group of 17 for Thanksgiving Buffet and everyone in the party continues to comment on what a great celebration it was. The quality of the food was excellent. The chef planned a very nice variety that had something everyone could enjoy. Our ocean view was stunning and our waiter did a great job meeting our requests, anticipating when we might need assistance, and quickly clearing dishes in-between trips to the buffet.Special Features:
- There for Sunday brunch-partyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/14/2010There for Sunday brunch-party of seven. We are locals and brought out of town guests. Waiter did not provide good service. Didn't bring orange juice that was ordered with meal. Never refilled water. Only checked once. Never smiled, not friendly, seemed to not enjoy his job. Food was ok but not great. Out of sourdough toast that 3 people had ordered. English muffin under eggs benedict was very tough. Ocean view and outside area is fantastic, and aquarium is great!Special Features:
- We had a wonderful lunch atOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/5/2010We had a wonderful lunch at Sanderlings--chosen for its location and view, we were very pleased with the whole dining experience. We shared generous portions of the lunch specials: fish and chips and pesto pizza. An important feature to us was the compliance with the Monterey Bay Aquarium's guide to sustainable fishing practices in their seafood offerings. Since we were celebrating a birthday, a complimentary dessert was brought to our table with extra spoons for all to share. A nice touch!
- Love Love Love the Ocean soOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 11/4/2010Love Love Love the Ocean so this is a perfect getaway for us when we need to get out of the office. Service was good - food excellent - weather was as always just a little chilly. Only complaint is to get their outdoor heaters to work.... :-)Special Features:
- We took our friends for theirOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/31/2010We took our friends for their anniversary. We were escorted to a table by the window and enjoyed a spectacular show as the sun set through the trees and into the Monterey Bay. The food was wonderful, service was attentive, and the wine, from a local winery, Storr's Pinot, was great. The desserts were home made and no one left a crumb on their plates. We made our reservations online and I was surprised that the staff received my note and treated us to a complimentary "welcome" appetizer of bacon wrapped scallops because it was our first time to visit and to a dessert for our anniversary-celebrating friends. We will ABSOLUTELY be back - probably again at sunset, and maybe sit outside on the heated patio.Special Features:
- Our dining expierence at SanderlingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/30/2010Our dining expierence at Sanderling's was so awesome. Our Waiter, Henry, was so great, because He reconized my Husband's Birthday. Hemry was very friendly and very outgoing. The food was so amzing and so wonderful !!!! Scott and Michael were great, too, because, they check on us, so much, during our dining expierence. There was a Lady, I think it was the Matron De, asked how our dinner was. It was a great dining expierence and a very special night to remember forever. We will, definately, go back, to Sanderling's, for dinner, in the near Future. Sanderling's at Seascape Resort is a very Romantic Restaurant, with outstanding Food, Ambience,Service and a quiet Restaurant. We loved Sanderling's Restaurant !!!!!!Special Features:
- Sadly, the California OmeletOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/23/2010Sadly, the California Omelet was made almost entirely with canned ingredients. This is unacceptable in California in the fall, the state is awash with wonderful fresh items. The Waffle was quite good and the service was attentive.Special Features:
- We got a late reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/9/2010We got a late reservation as we decided to dine here at the last minute, so I will give them some leeway, BUT, I ordered from the Santa Cruz Restaurant Week Menu and they were out of the beet salad, which is one of the reasons I wanted to eat here. They were also out of one of the dessert choices. My scampi was delicious, but the Caesar salad and dessert were ho hum. They offered no compensation for the items they were out of...a free glass of wine would have been nice! My husband ordered the sand dabs and they were good, but completely overpowered by the garlic mashed mashed potatoes! The items on the plate were good separately, but did not compliment each other. Overall, not a great experience.Special Features:
- We visited as a part of SantaHappyandHoppyDined on 10/9/2010We visited as a part of Santa Cruz Restaurant Week so we partook of the fixed menu. There were out of a few things we wanted to try but what we did have was very good. The Risotto Balls were great, the Roasted Beet and Goat Cheese Salad was a little too vinegary. The Ribeye was very good and the Shrimp Scampi with Pasta was good and very filling. The service was outstanding and the view is almost unparalleled. Worth checking out if you have never been here.Special Features:
- We brought two couples whoJuneDined on 10/9/2010We brought two couples who were visiting from Scotland for Santa Cruz Restaurant Week and they were extremely impressed by the location, the delicious food and the superb service. They said that good service is not normally had in their country, it is stiff and often unfriendly. Because there were two big banquets going on that Sat. nite, it did take longer than usual for our food to arrive, but when it did, it was fresh, hot and worth the extra wait.Special Features:
- The service was IMPECCABLEOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/1/2010The service was IMPECCABLE and so was the food. My husband and I went for our 5th anniversary and I must say, we felt so special that we will be coming back for years to come!Special Features:
- Special birthday dinner, veryOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/1/2010Special birthday dinner, very kid-friendly. Service and view excellent, as usual.Special Features:
- For the money that was chargedmeant2dineVIPDined on 9/18/2010For the money that was charged for the food,etc., we thought the food was below average. We had put on the on-line reservation that we wanted to sit at a window and instead, they wanted to put us in the middle. We said we would rather sit by a window and they said they would have to clean a table which both times when we ate there, that took about 15 minutes of us waiting. I had ordered wine at dinner and the waitor did not bring it until I was almost done my dinner. The hostesses seemed annoyed that we wanted to sit by a window. As a resort, which is supposed to cater to people who go there to stay, a good chef should be hired. We ate there for breakfast, lunch and dinner.Special Features:
- Very good - we will go backOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 9/4/2010Very good - we will go back again. And the Seascape Resort was a great place to stay too!Special Features:
- It was our 30th wedding anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/26/2010It was our 30th wedding anniversary and the service was perfect and the food very good! Would go again.Special Features:
- Well I was disapointed withOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/24/2010Well I was disapointed with my dining experience at Sanderlings. If the food isn't good it doesn't matter how nice everything else is. I had the halibit. The menu said it had a sauce on it. Well it had what seemed like a cagun seasoning on it that was very salty and the fish was dry. No to go box for me. The rice and vegetables were very good. My date had the scampi which had an overwelming spice in it and she couldn't taste the shrimp. It looked pretty though. She didn't finish it and there was not a to go box for her either. The bread was good, the salad had way too much dressing on it. The dessert was very good as well as the service.Special Features:
- My husband and I enjoyed ourOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/23/2010My husband and I enjoyed our first dining experience at Sanderlings. Our 8:00 dinner reservation allowed us to see the sunset from the (heated!) patio. We also asked about a kid's menu for future visits with our sons and noticed families there as well as couples. We will return!Special Features:
- Exceeded all expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/30/2010Exceeded all expectations based on the profile. I found the description to be accurate. Great food, keen staff and a beautiful view of the bay.Special Features:
- The servioce was slow, disorganizedRudeVIPDined on 6/12/2010The servioce was slow, disorganized and uninformed. We got charged for someone else's drinks. The waiter said it was an honest mistake. Glad it wasn't dishonest.
- We were celebrating a birthday.OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 6/2/2010We were celebrating a birthday. The service was wonderful and the food was as good as always. looking forward to going backSpecial Features:
- I had reserved our table fordoctorjVIPDined on 5/15/2010I had reserved our table for a special occasion and we came in with a number of gifts. The hostess wanted to seat us at a small table, but I asked for a larger one, with a nicerr view. She said that the view tables were already spoken for, and seated us in a booth. It was fine but only 2 had a view.Special Features:
- We were staying at SeascapeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/8/2010We were staying at Seascape and celebrated one of our birthdays on a Sat evening; I had made a comment about the birthday on the Open Table reservation form. The staff didn't miss a beat: when dinner was done, along came a group with a little desert. Great (and embarassing surprise for him :)). The restaurant is lovely, the staff is great, and the food was very good. Definitely a repeat experience!Special Features:
- Everything was average toOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/18/2010Everything was average to ok except the stunning ocean view. The salad with the meal was just mixed greens with dressing and. 3 out of the 4 of us dining ordered the whole Maine lobster Thursday night special for $19.95 which I thought was a great deal until they put what looked like a large crawdad in front of me. Presentation of the food was lack luster and the flavor was as well. Preparation of the food was a just ok, rubbery lobster tail with not much flavor. The staff was friendly and our server was just a server nothing special or memorable. The decor is out dated and the tables are much too close, we literally sat chair back to chair back. The bar looked lively and the drinks were good. I will definitely give it another chance and aSpecial Features:
- Enjoyed my experience there.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/24/2010Enjoyed my experience there. Food was good, and service was good. Our waiter was attentive but not overbearing. Made for a pleasant dinner.Special Features:
- I made the V-day reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2010I made the V-day reservation kinda late on Open Table and got an 8:00 time. They called back the next day or so and offered me a 7:30 time. That was nice. All the people were nice. The receptionist to the bill taker were all nice. I enjoyed the dinner although it was not the best I have had. The v-days are always a little questionable since most restaurants are very busy. The dinner was priced well to match the food and service. I will try and get back when the weather warms up and the days are longer so we can eat outside. The bar looks interesting also.Special Features:
- The hostess was rude and sentMVBillDined on 2/14/2010The hostess was rude and sent us to the bar and didn't even offer to call us when the table was ready. Then she gave us a table upstairs that was like a card table with conference style chairs. Didn't make it seem like it was even part of the main restaurant. Food was mediocre at best. Service was choppy and unevenly paced. Salad was soaked with dressing so it appeared wilted. I had Chiopino which had exactly 1 scallop in it and lots of mystery fish parts. I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone and especially if one is looking for a special occasion.
- The food, service, attentionThe1BigWoofDined on 2/12/2010The food, service, attention to a "special occasion" and overall experience were all first rate. Everything was done with little fuss but much class.Special Features:
- Service was non-chalant andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/6/2010Service was non-chalant and uninterested. 20 minutes elapsed between completion of salads and main entree arriving.Special Features:
- Outdoor seating for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/2/2010Outdoor seating for lunch was very pleasant, with a view of the beach. Service was very responsive to a quibble with one dish.Special Features:
- I'am very sorry to say thatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/31/2009I'am very sorry to say that the meal for me was a flop the tuna was cold the side dish was I really do not know what it was it was not on the menu and was put there I assume because they ran out of rice and veggies.The server said nothing about the switch and I was very disapointed for the price.Will not go back
- We got their 15 min. earlyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/31/2009We got their 15 min. early which ended up being way too early for them- FYI. We happily waited for our table in the lobby, when 7:15pm did finally happen they gave us a table in the middle of the crowded room. When making the reservations on opentable.com, I specifically asked for a table away from a clustered area. When I asked to be moved and explained that I had requested a better table, they happily found me another table that I was much happier with by a window. The food was fantastic and our waiter Luke was awesome, he seemed to know when to come to our table at all the right times. I had a really nice dinning experience, my whole family thought so as well.Special Features:
- We dined at Sanderlings onOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/31/2009We dined at Sanderlings on New Year's Eve. The wait staff was personable, knowledgeable and friendly. One thing I appreciated because I drink so much water is that a person came by the table every time our glasses were half full and refilled them. The manager strolled through the restaurant several times to be sure the diners were happy. The appetizers were great, meals delicious, and martinis excellent. It was the perfect New Year's Eve dining experience.Special Features: