Sanderlings - Seascape Resort
1 Seascape Resort Dr.
Aptos, CA 95003Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Sanderlings - Seascape Resort
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sanderlingsrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 8316627120
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 7:00pm - 11:00pm; Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Daily: 5:30pm - 10:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 9:00pm - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Karl Staub
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our award-winning catering menu features traditional and contemporary dishes made with the freshest local ingredients.
- Private Party Facilities: Whether you are hosting a Rehearsal Dinner, Holiday Celebration, Baby or Bridal Shower, Business luncheon or dinner, we can help make your event special.
- Private Party Contact: Donita Branson 8316627122
- Entertainment: Sanderlings Bar Lounge features musical entertainment on Friday and Saturday Nights 8:30pm until midnight or later.
- Special Events: Whether you are hosting a Rehearsal Dinner, Holiday Celebration, Baby or Bridal Shower, Business luncheon or dinner, we can help make your event special.
A word from Sanderlings - Seascape Resort
Sanderlings Restaurant at Seascape Beach Resort offers elegant, casual dining with a spectacular ocean view from sunrise to sunset.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Sanderlings - Seascape Resort - Best Restaurants in Aptos ›
Sanderlings - Seascape Resort reviews from OpenTable diners
50 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (38)great for outdoor dining (30)special occasion (23)great for brunch (18)romantic (17)great for lunch (15)good for groups (14)neighborhood gem (14)kid-friendly (8)fit for foodies (6)notable wine list (5)vibrant bar scene (3)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- We went for Restaurant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/10/2012We went for Restaurant Week and had a wonderful experience. We brought our kids, they do have kids menu's with crayons. Everything we ate was delicious. The service was excellent, everyone was very nice and helpful. The bread is incredible, which kept our kids happy. It was our first time at Sanderlings and we'll definitely be back. Looking forward to checking out their breakfast/brunch on the weekends and sitting outside on a nice day.
- A spectacular sunset!JuneDined on 10/7/2012My tip is to make an early reservation so as to secure a window table and enjoy a spectacular sunset. The grilled artichoke appetizer was tasty and the dipping aioli great. We did think it was strange that our server brought our entrees to the table before we finished our appetizers. The dining room wasn't busy yet, so don't know why that happened!Special Features:
- Overall the food was good,LisaGlennDined on 10/6/2012Overall the food was good, but we had to send back an entry that was cold. Also, we were charged for a more expensive wine then we actually ordered. Service was slow.
- I appreciated the front deskdinerdeliteVIPDined on 10/6/2012I appreciated the front desk which offered two choices for our party of five, when the party at the table for us was slow to depart. The food was good, not great, but my real complaint was the service. The wait staff needs some training; for example, two people came with our main course dishes in hand, and failed to first remove salad plates. Also, the waiter didn't seem to know the wines. The dining room is pleasant, and the view during the day is spectacular.
- Outstanding view, good food!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/6/2012We went because we wanted to watch the sunset while we ate.We were pleasantly surprised by the food. The tables outside were really nice. Not a lot of noise, fantastic view and the service was good. The only thing we didn't like was the clam chowder. Thick and pasty. The rest of the meal was very good. Creative menu, great desserts.Special Features:
- We went for restaurant week.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/5/2012We went for restaurant week. Had scallops, which I must say we're cooked perfectly! Salmon was little over done for my liking. The service was attentive, but they kept mixing up who ordered what at our table. Wasn't a big deal because we decided to share everything, but was a little annoying. Overall I would go back if not just for the scallops.Special Features:
- The food here was good, especiallyAmberDined on 10/3/2012The food here was good, especially the salmon However we went for restaurant week and although it was not crowded they were out of several items. The service was laughable. I think our waiter was high or just really having a bad night. There are three featured choices and they were out of one. Then the wrong salad was brought to our table. We asked for bread 3 times before someone brought it. The best desert was sold out. We ordered a nice bottle of wine for 50$. They did not have the wine available but after quite a wait they brought out a "comparable bottle". They offerered this bottle to us for the same price. We checked the menu and the same bottle was 10$ less!! We ordered a different bottle which was 60$' and paid full price.
- + nice setting atop a cliffOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/3/2012+ nice setting atop a cliff with ocean view, + decent choice of food, - decor inside the restaurant could be more cozy Food: I knew the Seascape Resort from hikes along the beach and cliff line and was thrilled to finally come here for dinner. My companions and I went for the Restaurant Week Menu and most dishes were excellent. Unfortunately I chose the scallops as entree and they were just average but the grilled artichoke and the brownie sundae made up for it. Next time I will go with the roasted chicken or salmon, which turned out to be mouth-watering. Atmosphere: The resort lobby is very cozy with a large fire pit, something that is missing in the restaurant. However, the view is nice. BTW - An insider's tip is their happy hoSpecial Features:
- Brunch on the patio over theMiddlenameFoodDined on 9/30/2012Brunch on the patio over the bluffs was amazing, the view was spectacular. We ordered off the menu and all enjoyed our food but the buffet brunch looked really good and at $19.00, was a great deal.A nice walk down the path to the beach after the meal was the perfect ending. If you stay at the resort, you can use your room key to get a golf cart ride back up to the resort.Special Features:
- A fine resort resturant butSouthDined on 9/29/2012A fine resort resturant but nothing special. Would like to see more local organic sourced food.Special Features:
- Sanderlings is good for breakfastOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/27/2012Sanderlings is good for breakfast and lunch. It is just mediocre for dinner. First of all, the lobby and the restaurant are getting "tired" and need upgrading. Everything seems old and musty. The outdoor eating area is great. The dinner we had was not that good. We had one breakfast and one lunch and they were both fine. Seascape needs to upgrade the lobby and upgrade the restaurant and bar.Special Features:
- A great dining experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/8/2012A great dining experience. Food was wonderful and the service was great. You can't go wrong dinning at this restaurant. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- We had an excellent SundayOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 9/3/2012We had an excellent Sunday brunch, the perfect end to a holiday weekend.Special Features:
- I was told that this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/2/2012I was told that this restaurant was the Shadowbrook Restaurant's competition. Wrong, Sanderlings menu lacks the creativity that cold make this a good place to eat even thought it's at a resort (Aquarius Restaurant @ the Dream Inn). THe all white dining room also made feel as though I was dining in the resorts convention center, no warm color just cold and lifeless.Special Features:
- From start to finish the mealOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/2/2012From start to finish the meal was fantastic! We had superb service and the food was exceptional. And the views from any seat in the restaurant are breathtaking. Sanderlings has become our new favorite eatery in the area. We can't say enough good things about the restaurant...it's definitely worth the visit...a real treat!Special Features:
- Wishing it met potentialOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2012We waited several minutes while the host talked with a server, then were greeted curtly. For such a spectacular setting, the decor is plain - without charm or interest - and the dining room layout is noticeably awkward. My chair was next to a stub wall that blocked the view. The crab cake was moist and flavorful. Lobster was fine, but the green sauce and gnocchi had an oobleck-like consistency and was left uneaten. Ice-cream filled crepe with berries was delicious. Table service alternated between too casual in tone and a bit stiff. The staff break area is outside a large window clearly visible from the dining room. We're locals and wanted to add it as a favorite, but lapses in management and training made for an awkward dining experience.Special Features:
- really great atmosphere, beautifulOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/24/2012really great atmosphere, beautiful views, yummy food, and super friendly service. will return again!Special Features:
- Good food served beautifully.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/24/2012Good food served beautifully. We were not rushed through our meal--it was relaxed but not too slow.Special Features:
- Had reservations for 2 forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2012Had reservations for 2 for lunch @ 2:00 at Sanderlings. Returned my Grilled Salmon Niçoise as salmon was particularly dry and salty. The potatoes in the salad were an interesting addition though the purple ones tasted moldy. The same salad was brought back with half of hard boiled egg replaced, and the remainder of the partially eaten purple potato. Was taken aback as the salad wasn't fresh, especially after all that time. The ambiance is great at Sanderlings though my meal was very diappointing.Special Features:
- The service and the ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/4/2012The service and the ambiance and the view was good, which made up for mediocre foods. The pork ribs tasted like ketchup and had lots of fat. The skirt steak was tough and dry. The overall food was 3 stars. Ambiance and Service was 4 stars. Price was a bit high for the not so good quality of the food. Average: 3.5 star. I think the yelp review was spot on.Special Features:
- Beautiful view on a warm clearPARFVIPDined on 7/20/2012Beautiful view on a warm clear day made up for slowish food delivery.Special Features:
- Beautiful setting, good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2012Beautiful setting, good food at a reasonable price, thoughtful service.Special Features:
- WE came to celebrate my daughter'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/15/2012WE came to celebrate my daughter's 18th birthday. Initially we were disappointed that all of the heaters outside were being used for one party, and it was too chilly to sit outside without one. But the hostess said she could seat us at a window seat if we didn't mind waiting a few minutes. The view was gorgeous and the buffet was really yummy. We were very pleased with our experience.Special Features:
- We have frequented SeascapeDonCastroDined on 6/30/2012We have frequented Seascape and Sanderlings almost yearly for a few decades. Sanderlings quality of food and service has always been a nine-out-of-ten (nobody is perfect). O.K.! Perhaps an 'ivory solution' (99.48 for those staff youngsters).Special Features:
- Took a friend to to lunchmarfinDined on 6/28/2012Took a friend to to lunch to celebrate her birthday. Couldn't have asked for anything better: a lovely dining room, great outdoor dining patio; quiet and un-rushed atmosphere; wonderful view; excellent food and service. Our waitress was informative regarding the menu and when we couldn't decide on what desert to have, she recommended one - the chocolate cheescake with rasberries - it was to die for!Special Features:
- Locals, great spot for a breakKenBDined on 6/26/2012Second time I have visited Sanderling for dinner. Both times the food and service were very very good. We generally go to Seascape and Sanderling for a break from the local stresses and strains. The service and resort have treated us very well.Special Features:
- This a great place all around.dineforfunDined on 6/24/2012This a great place all around. Staff is wonderful and food was outstanding.Special Features:
- Absolutely perfect!DorisDined on 6/23/2012Celebrating our 1 week anniversary by having lunch overlooking the bluff where we were married just the week before was perfect. The food was terrific, service staff very friendly and efficient, and the view was absolutely stunning! We look forward to elebrating our wedding anniversary every year at Seascape.Special Features:
- Food still averageOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/9/2012Food still average. Was much better several yrs ago and would go there a couple of times/month. Now go 2 to 3 times a yr for special occasions. BBQ seabass sounds good in theory but they put sweet bbq sauce on beautiful perfectly grilled fish and ruined it. Also had beautiful perfectly cooked vegetables soaking in weird vinegar-like sauce (I am hoping that was a mistake since was supposd to be a shellfish broth.) Service and view was very good. Birthday guest got a free creme brulee with candle and it is still one of my favorites. Special occasion only place for view/quiet/service.Special Features:
- Went for a date night withjkbvaDined on 6/8/2012Went for a date night with the husband. Food and service was good. Lost points for small things such as the wait on drinks and food, and on dessert. Ordered the creme brulee. The custard was by far the most amazing one I have ever tasted. The top did not seem to be burned; the sugar was there, but it was not crunchy or appear to have seen a torch at all.Special Features:
- Great Food, View - not the service.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/31/2012My first time dining here - highly recommended by longtime residents of the Santa Cruz area. I was taking friends from England out to dinner on their first trip to the California Coast. The food and view were wonderful, as recommended by friends, but service was not. Slow (10 minutes to get our drinks - a glass of wine, ice tea, and a diet coke?) and not attentive in general, except when trying to up sell. Coffee was luke warm (one of my pet peeves). Would recommend for view and food - I expect that our experience was not representative of the service in general.Special Features:
- Lovely ambience; good food,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/31/2012Lovely ambience; good food, gorgeous view; great place for all occasions. A bit pricey, but the view makes it worth it.Special Features:
- Great food..Outdoors w/ Ocean ViewGregVIPDined on 5/27/2012Great food with a great setting at Sanderlings. Bring the kids or leave them at home......Special Features:
- Hotel/restaurant areas areFOODIEVIPDined on 5/25/2012Hotel/restaurant areas are a bit worn, but the food and service were excellent. The ocean view made up for the interior decor.Special Features:
- Had a nice table by the windowsquecosaDined on 5/24/2012Had a nice table by the windows so we could enjoy the view and sunset. The waiter was very nice about letting us linger.Special Features:
- Went to dinner here on a ThursdayLizardDined on 5/24/2012Went to dinner here on a Thursday night and had a very nice dinner. Service was outstanding and attentive to our needs. Food presentation and taste was mostly very good; salmon was over seasoned and lobster special was okay - little undercooked. Prices are high and hard to justify for anything but an occasional visit. If not for the pricing, I would visit several times a year.Special Features:
- Our reservation for BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/13/2012Our reservation for Brunch was 1:45pm. We had a short wait and when we got to out table, we had a wait for water and service...It was Mother's Day...so the delay was understandable.Special Features:
- Skip it on the holidaysOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/13/2012Not a good place to go for Mother's Day Buffet. Very chaotic, very busy. Long waits, poor service. At one point I counted 22 people in line for the Hostess. I don't know if that is the norm, since we have never been there before, but I certainly wouldn't try it again without a strong incentive.
- Sanderlings dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/12/2012Mediocre food and very slow service. This is the second time Dining here and both times it took over 2 hours for dinner. The Mothers day breakfast Buffet is overpriced and they charge for soda. Silly. But the resort is lovely.Special Features:
- Servcie was very slow, evenOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/12/2012Servcie was very slow, even to get drinks. Restaurant is very noisy...combination of poor acustics and crowded with groups. Food was good, but overpriced.Special Features: