The Flying Fig
2523 Market Ave.
Cleveland, OH 44113Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Flying Fig
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://theflyingfig.com/
- Phone: 2162414243
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday & Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30 - 2:30 Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday-Saturday: 5:00 - 11:00 pm, Sunday: 5:00- 10:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Karen Small
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Our Party room seats 35 comfortably for Dinner.
- Private Party Contact: Manager 2162414243
- Cross Street: One Block North of West 25th and Lorain
- Public Transit: Steps from the West 25th Street RTA station.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Street Parking is free after 6pm weekdays and free on weekends. There is a paid parking lot on the corner of W.26th and Market Ave. Ample free parking is available one block East behind the West Side Market.
A word from The Flying Fig
Our mission at the Flying Fig is simple, to offer professional, courteous service, in a casual, relaxed setting. We provide wine-oriented cuisine utilizing the finest ingredients available, sourced locally whenever possible.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
The Flying Fig - Best Restaurants in Ohio City ›
The Flying Fig reviews from OpenTable diners
115 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (81)neighborhood gem (69)great for outdoor dining (42)special occasion (39)great for brunch (31)romantic (28)hot spot (18)good for groups (12)great for lunch (12)vibrant bar scene (11)notable wine list (9)late-night find (6)scenic view (2)Show More
- This place has been on myLisaVIPDined on 1/30/2010This place has been on my should-visit list for a while and I'm sorry I didn't do it sooner. Beautiful space, absolutely terrific food and very good service -- we had a really great meal. The only disappointment was the wine list. There's not much available by the glass, so if you go, plan on getting a bottle.Special Features:
- You may be waiting for a reservatioFavesOfBuzzVIPDined on 1/30/2010You may be waiting for a reservation at Cleveland's main gem, Lola, but don't be fooled - Flying Fig is just as noteworthy with food, service and ambiance - able to rival any Cleveland establishment - or NYC, or SF for that matter. The small plates and appetizers are perfectly flavored and portioned, providing an energetic wake up call to the pallate before jumping into the creative main course options. For the non-adventurous, try the bolognese - perfectly homemade pasta with tender meat and spicy sausage. Try this place for a romantic night out, or a fun half-fancy, half-relaxed "jeans and blazer" kind of place.Special Features:
- Good food, but service brokeOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/23/2010Good food, but service broke down halfway through the meal with waits exceeding 20 minutes between each successive course. Asked for the manager who never came. Disappointing.Special Features:
- Overall great meal, EXCELLENTOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/23/2010Overall great meal, EXCELLENT service. We loved everything, but the beet salad was exceptional. We will return soon!Special Features:
- We enjoyed the food, but theOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/22/2010We enjoyed the food, but the service was very slow. Don't miss the tempura green beans or the duck entree. We enjoy a slow-paced dinner, but the amount of time between courses was excessive on this visit to the Fig.Special Features:
- My wife and I really enjoyedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/21/2010My wife and I really enjoyed the flying fig. Everything was perfect.
- Wonderful service and excellantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/17/2010Wonderful service and excellant food. Once of Clevelands BEST! Brunch is spectacular!!!Special Features:
- The food and ambience wereOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/15/2010The food and ambience were fantastic. We would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone. Our favorite part though was probably the pre-dinner cocktails--delicious!Special Features:
- While the food was gourmetOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 1/10/2010While the food was gourmet it was a bit eclectic for my taste. Plus there were only 7 entree options. The only thing that I was comfortable eating was burger.Special Features:
- Interesting menu, with goodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/9/2010Interesting menu, with good meals. Also have veggie/vegan options that are flavorful.Special Features:
- I've had brunch at the FlyingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/3/2010I've had brunch at the Flying Fig twice in the span of three months, but I have yet to be blown away by the food. There is always something on the plate that doesn't live up to expectations. And with the prices and the hype you'd expect everything to be spot on. For example, the migas with chorizo were cold, and the pork belly with the eggs and bacon dish was more fat than substance. Oh well.
- I have never taken the timeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/2/2010I have never taken the time to complete a review however I feel compelled to do so since our meal was so outstanding. I dined with 3 family members, each person with different tastes and preferences and all raved about each course and of the overall experience. We ordered the assortment of local cheeses and the scallop, bannana pepper and dates to start. Wow! The pepper had a kick and was the best I ever had (sorry Johnnies on Fulton). The dates and cheeses simply amazing. Entrees ranged from the burger to a tenderloin with lobster sauce and each was equally scrumptious. Try the short ribs! Coffee and dessert exceeded expectations which was a tall order by the time we got there. Service unpretentious and knowledgable.Special Features:
- went for new years eve atOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/31/2009went for new years eve at that time small menu not a lot to choise from for are first time there .would have liked to see what they would have had normaly price high for the small portions but what there was .was very good just wish there was more of it.atmosphere was vey nice that night waitress was wonderful.all and all had a good time.Special Features:
- Never disappointed with TheOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/29/2009Never disappointed with The Flying Fig. And they seem to be adding more vegetarian options which is much appreciated! Can't wait to go back....Special Features:
- I would highly recomend thisMVECDined on 12/27/2009I would highly recomend this restaurant. The food was fantastic the service outstanding and left me with a desire to come back again to sample other menu items. All in the party enjoyed from age 8-85.Special Features:
- We had a great experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/26/2009We had a great experience. The food and service were outstanding. We entertained friends from out of town and wanted to give them a great Cleveland neighborhood experience. The Flying Fig delivered.Special Features:
- This is, by far, the sleeperOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/20/2009This is, by far, the sleeper restaurant in Cleveland. A small side street address (across from the West Side Market), quiet, unassuming signage and a run-of-the-mill storefront all conspire to keep this wonderful restaurant under the radar. It is worth searching for, however. Flying Fig prides itself on using locally grown, seasonal, and sustainable ingredients in its menu, which consists of 8 entrees accompanied by a dozen or so appetizers, salads, and "small plates," with specials each service, as well, allowing an attention to detail and thoughtful showcasing of the ingredients that can be seen as well as tasted. The quiet casual atmosphere makes this the perfect spot for friendly get togethers or for less formal special occasions.Special Features:
- We booked a reservation forWestsideKatDined on 12/18/2009We booked a reservation for a family dinner for our son's 16th birthday. Nice experience!Special Features:
- Perfect...as always. FlyingOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/28/2009Perfect...as always. Flying Fig is one of our favorite restaurants. The ingredients are local and fresh, and the dishes always inventive and delicious.Special Features:
- Food was fabulous! Had a greatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/28/2009Food was fabulous! Had a great dinner! The small dishes were perfect size. We left feeling fulfilled but not so full we were uncomfortable.
- The service and food wereOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/28/2009The service and food were fantastic. I hope to go back frequentlySpecial Features:
- Had an excellent meal there.LarryVIPDined on 11/27/2009Had an excellent meal there. Our waiter was very knowledgeable about the food and the potential wine parings. The wine list has very reasonable prices. Both the service and the food were memorable.Special Features:
- Brunch was delicious and theOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/22/2009Brunch was delicious and the service was exceptional.Special Features:
- We went as a group of eight.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/21/2009We went as a group of eight. Everyone enjoyed themselves. No complaints. The food was fabulous! The service was great! Would definitely recommend!Special Features:
- Service was great and foodCDUBBADined on 11/20/2009Service was great and food was tasty but large piece of cod was not cooked in the middle and we sent it back.
- We have moved recently toworldfoodloverDined on 11/14/2009We have moved recently to Cleveland from New York City, and have felt like we haven't had much luck with restaurants. The night before we went to the Flying Fig, we ate at Parallax. The food there was ordinary, and that is a kind description. We were far more impressed with Flying Fig and know it will become a regular place for us. Although I didn't have a starter, my entree, the red snapper was thoughtful and balanced, and was delicious. The dessert was good, but short of great. Although the place was busy, the service did not suffer. I recommend you try it yourself!Special Features:
- Flying Fig was absolutelyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/14/2009Flying Fig was absolutely phenomenal. The food was incredible and the service was fantastic. They change their menu to match the season, which makes it really fun to try cool new dishes. Their specials are simply devine and are very much recommended.Special Features:
- Great food, shared a numberOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/7/2009Great food, shared a number of small plates and wine with friends. Will be back.Special Features:
- We had a fabulous anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/7/2009We had a fabulous anniversary dinner. The Flying Fig has become a regular location for our "nice" meals out. The menu is small and everchanging, but we always find something wonderful. We started with the tempura battered green beans with 2 different sauces, both excellent. I chose the shortrib with horseradish potato puree and green beans. It was over-the-top good and beyond what I expected. The flavors were individually good and even better when taken together. My husband had the hangar steak, but did not particularly like the salsa verde on top, however the dish was well prepared. Both desserts were fabulous as well - apple tart and mini donuts with dipping sauces. Our service was flawless and we were left wanting for nothing.Special Features:
- Great evening with friends.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/6/2009Great evening with friends. Service was excellent and recommendations were spot on. Shared entrees with a friend and we loved both of them...duck and steak. Couldn't have been a better evening.
- It is consistently good! MyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/4/2009It is consistently good! My husband thought his hangar steak was the best he's had in Cleveland. There wasn't one item that wasn't exceptional.Special Features:
- Cleveland has many outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/3/2009Cleveland has many outstanding restaurants and the Flying Fig is among the best! The food is exceptional as are the ambiance and service.Special Features:
- We loved the brunch. FoodSauce23VIPDined on 11/1/2009We loved the brunch. Food was spectacular, and the staff was terrific.Special Features: