88 Wharf Street
Milton, MA 02186Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.88wharf.com/
- Phone: 8575984826x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Ken Rogers
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: 88 Wharf can accommodate private parties during the hours in which we are not open to the public.
- Private Party Contact: John Collings 857-598-4826x
- Entertainment: Live Entertainment every Thursday Night!
A word from 88 Wharf
Upscale American Cuisine in a beautiful riverfront setting! Perched on the banks of the neponset river overlooking the Milton Yacht Club, 88 Wharf offers upscale service and cuisine at affordable prices with a view that is priceless!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
88 Wharf - Best Restaurants in Milton ›
88 Wharf reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (35)scenic view (26)neighborhood gem (24)special occasion (12)good for groups (10)fit for foodies (9)romantic (9)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (3)hot spot (2)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Hidden gemOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/13/2013Neighborhood bistro feel. Great ingredients prepared flawlessley.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/12/2013location is a bit "weird", it being on the G/F of a 5-story luxury apartment building. but the ambience is great both indoor and outside. the outdoor area where we sat was surprisingly quiet, even with the other 4-5 tables there. surprised to see the limited selections on the menu, with no more than 6 or 7 items in each category. however, EVERYTHING we picked from drinks to entrees was of very high calibre, which is what counts. most pleased that the bread came warm AND soft. dessert fell a little flat with the puff pastry bordering on soggy, but ingredients were fresh. our server Jenn was gentle yet attentive, not snooty at all as I would almost expect some to behave in a place like this. overall, a very satisfying dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine over the NeponsetfoodfreakDined on 7/12/2013Visited 88 Wharf for the second time and again had a great experience. The food and service were excellent. Food cooked to order with service to please. As Arnold would say "I'll be backSpecial Features:
- Highly enjoyed our experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/11/2013Highly enjoyed our experience at 88 Wharf. Definitely a lot better than our last visit a couple months ago. Our server was good and attentive. The menu has changed since we last went. 10 shrimp cocktail for 10 bucks! The filet was cooked medium rare as asked and came with grilled corn with a delicious cheese, I think the server said Farmer's? The fries are hand cut and served in a little basket, ask for the spicy ketchup! The dessert was a puff pasty with a strawberry whipped cream.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellant restaurantstevepDined on 7/6/2013Great place, great food, excellent service and very nice atmosphere.Special Features:
- 88wharf stddawgDined on 6/30/2013We thoroughly enjoyed our meal on June 30. The service was excellent as was the food.Special Features:
- almost perfectgirldogDined on 6/29/2013Arrived 20 minutes early to ask if we would be able to sit outside, pleasantly surprised that not only could we sit outside, we only had to wait a couple of minutes. The atmosphere was quiet, buzz of conversations going on, nothing intrusive. Crab cake appetizers were delicious but a little too salty. My medium rare filet mignon and bf's salmon were delicious. Service was excellent, small glitch was having to wait a few minutes after my meal arrived for a steak knife. We used the free valet parking. When my car was returned, the glove compartment was open and the contents were on the seat. Back driver's side door was ajar. Nothing missing, manager informed police.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Suburban spot-and it showsdeepVIPDined on 6/28/201388 wharf was dissapointing-especially from the service point of view. We sat for 20 minutes before someone even came over to our table to give us water and take order/give the specials. The waitress we flagged down, wasn't even the right one, but she was nice enough to do it, and did a decent job. The issue was timing-all around people were upset-poor checking in for new drinks, extremely late food arrival, etc. And the odd thing was, there were a lot of waiters! On the patio, there were 9 tables-and 3 waiters! I haven't seen that ratio unless the price point is MUCH higher. While the view is nice, the food was only ok. My miso salmon was good, but my fiance's pork loin was burnt and dried out. Doubt we will go back anytime soon.Special Features:
- Nice find!slprDined on 6/28/2013Our waitress (Lina) was pleasant, efficient and knowledgable about the menu. Food was delicious. Not a great variety, but our party of four had four different entrees and all were really good.Special Features:
- Was just okCelineDined on 6/28/2013This is the second time I've visited this restaurant. The first time was amazing!! The food was fantastic. Our favorite menu items were the pork nachos and the brown suede cake. BOTH no longer on the menu because they've since gotten a new chef. This time I got the Caesar salad (nothing special) and the cheeseburger (burger was cooked very well but the fries were a greasy mess). My boyfriend ordered the filet mignon and enjoyed it. We finished off with the brownie sundae which was delicious but only came with a tiny scoop of ice cream. We had to order a side of vanilla ice cream because the one scoop wasn't nearly enough for even half the brownie. We probably won't visit again and continue our search for better restaurants around the area.Special Features:
- Poor Servicefoodbroker1Dined on 6/24/2013My wife and I thought the service was very poor. We waited for a server to come to our table for :10 minutes. Finally a server came and apologized she did not know she had our table. We still waited for water and the waitress was very slow throughout the night. I asked for some condiments for my burger and waited and waited finally I started to eat it so it did not get cold. The best part of the meal was the desert. When we left we asked our waitress about some information for a bridal shower. She forgot to get us a business card like she said she would. When we approached she was again apologetic and asked the GM for help. He was VERY RUDE to the waitress and asked us to wait a minute.Special Features:
- Nice little place w/outdoor seatingOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/24/2013The restuarant has so much potential but lacks good food. I hear that the menu is new and the chef is an interim chef. That said, they need to hammer out some details..... On a good note: The draft beer was great and the calamari appetizer was quite good. Bad Note: The rest was disappointing. Three small little squares of white bread in a basket, pizza presentation was horrible and all the "stuff" was dumped in the center which made it soggy. The sauce was horrible and the crust was a thin version of Boboli - actually Boboli is much better. Haddock was nothing special. Maybe next time we just go for a burger..... . I will certainly give them another try but may wait a couple months.
- we ate there before goingcalllanoDined on 6/22/2013we ate there before going to symphony hall only wish we had a little more timeSpecial Features:
- Unacceptable...DapperDanVIPDined on 6/21/2013I have eaten at 88 Wharf many times, since it's right in my neighborhood. The food is decent, though---with some exceptions---not stellar. I had an OpenTable reservation on 6/21/13. As Seinfeld would say, "They can take a reservation, they just can't hold a reservation." They told me it would be a 45 minute wait---completely unacceptable for me and it definitely changed my evening since the only thing I could find at that time was take-out. (That's why I make reservations!) The affect of the two hostesses was quite uncaring. Although 88 Wharf is in my neighborhood, this certainly changes my feeling about it completely.Special Features:
- Ended Up Going Somewhere ElseOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/21/2013Terrible customer service...made a reservation for 7:45 for outside on their patio. Arrived at 745 & were happy to see at least 1 empty table outside (hoping it was ours) & that the place did not seem too busy inside either. Despite this, the very 1st thing the hostess said to us was kitchen was already backed up & food orders were taking quite a while -- not the 1st thing you want to hear. Still OK w/this except she then told us she did not have any outdoor seating. We asked, "How long a wait for one?" She replied, "I have not tables now and people tend to hang out more than inside." "So how long?", we asked again. "90 minutes?, she guessed. Went to Steel & Rye instead, 30 min wait; outdoor table; perfect meal!
- Not worth the wait...go elsewhere!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/21/2013It's a good thing I am not a food critic. Not sure how this establishment is still operational. Extra LONG wait, horrible chef...I could have done better; 1000% better than the food his prepared. I have never received a fish dish that was so over cooked, so still on the plate!
- limited menuOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/21/2013the menu was very limited so we expected some specials which there were not. Go early (6:30) if the weather is good because it fills up and the kitchen becomes backed up. The outdoor seating is very peaceful with a view of the river, boats, and ducks. Be aware that you are close to Logan landing paths.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was seated and left alonenothappyDined on 6/21/2013Was seated and left alone with one menu for two people. Finally had to ask for the waitress to be sent over. Got drinks and then waited 20-30 minutes for follow-up. Placed order and appetizer took yet another 30 minutes. entrees arrived and filet was overcooked and fish was dried out, Told them to take it back and told them we were leaving. Saw two other tables leave before eating as well. This was the absolute worst experience we have had in memory. I was shocked at how bad it was.
- 88 Wharf - Great Place To EastOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 6/20/2013My husband and I had a lovely dinner at Wharf 88! There was outside seating availble but we sat inside at a lovely large picture window. Dinner was fabulous and the shrimp appetizer was wonderful!! The service was excellent ! We will definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spring time discoveryRoninparkedDined on 6/20/2013Scenic outdoor dining, young vibrant and attentive staff, a memorable introduction to the Summer of 2013.Special Features:
- YUM!SteveDined on 6/20/2013Great food. Location is hard to find, but nice view and cozy.Special Features:
- Water view w/o going too far!MrsJDined on 6/15/2013We enjoyed 88 Wharf. The ambiance and the food are good. The noise level is pretty low so it is easy to enjoy conversations with each other. We were not able to sit outside on this particular visit due to the warm weather it was already full but the inside has large windows which you can see out to the water. Our waitress was friendly and checked in often. There was a bit of a backup with the kitchen but the wait time was nothing to get worked up about. The waitress and manager apologized for the delay but as we are not impatient people it was not necessary in our book. We will definitely return to this neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our second visit here. GreatJuneDined on 6/14/2013Our second visit here. Great food and excellent, friendly service! We will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just short of goodrobmacDined on 6/14/2013The food was good and the atmosphere was nice. Unfortunately tge service was not great from the kitchen on down. They took a long time to prepare our food and the waitress seemed like she was in over her head with no help. I think that with some staffing adjustments it could be great.Special Features:
- Good Food - Poor ServicedanbuslerDined on 6/14/2013Fri nite, 06/13, 7:15 PM. Free valet. Loud bar, patio nice view of river. Emotionless Hostess. Friendly waitress, given menus, chose a bottled beer and signature drink. 10 min later informed they ran out of signature drink ingredient , chose another signature drink 10 min later signature drink arrives (watery), not beer. 5 min later beer arrives. Order app, offered water and bread but it never comes. App arrives - guac and chips - good. Order entre. food good. 88 Wharf a mix of good food , poor service. Noticed table near us were concerned w/service and that the Manager gave them their meal free.Received more attention from other waitstaff than ours. Received check, couldn't find waitress, went inside to pay. Poor service and attentionSpecial Features:
- Not the best experiencephantomnongourmetDined on 6/14/2013Everything took forever and our entrees took an hour to arrive. The food was quite good without being exceptional, although the Caesar salad was pretty bland. We ate outside because inside was too noisy for relaxed conversation. Our server, when present, was very attentive, personable, and thoughtful but uneven in that there were long periods of inattention. The manager who comped our entrees because of the wait even though we did not complain, was not particularly gracious nor do I recall him actually apologizing. Rather strange, and an experience I can do without repeating.Special Features:
- Slow kitchenLunasnowDined on 6/12/2013This restaurant looks great and is in agreat location but that is all. The food took over an hour for it to come out and it wasn't even busy at the time. When we did get our food, it wasn't that great either. The kitchen really needs to step it up or they are going to lose alot of customers. Service was great though.Special Features:
- Disapointing EveningKML1Dined on 6/12/2013The view is great, the waitress was unfamiliar with the limited menu, hurried us to order, kept asking if we were done when it was obvious we were still eating, and although the restaurant was not full seemed to want us to leave. The food was poorly presented, the calamari needed salt and was greasy, but the crab cake was full of crab, not stuffing. The pizza was enough for two, but not hot. We left before even asking about dessert. Not the relaxed evening I was anticipating. Next time I'll go back to Steel & Rye.Special Features:
- Food was over cooked. PresentationTee71Dined on 6/9/2013Food was over cooked. Presentation of food was terrible.
- Dinner w- the ParentsGirlsNightOut82014Dined on 6/7/2013My fiancée's parents were in town & thought 88 Warf would be perfect for dinner. Friday night it was poring rain & were happy to get to the restaurant & be seated right away. We were going to seated by the kitchen & I asked to be moved away from the kitchen & the table w- screaming children. We were told we couldn't bc there were pre-assigned seats. I felt restricted bc we couldn't sit where my family & I would be most comfortable. The only reason we were accomidated was d/t a cancellation of another party. At the time of seating there were @ least two other tables of four available & to reinterante I was told 'no' you can not move. The best part of the evening was our waiter Mike who was very nice & made sure we had everything we needed.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Dining DisappointmentCamboDined on 6/7/201388 Wharf has a lovely location down by Milton's waterfront. Good views. The restaurant itself is a large, pleasant, inviting space. Plenty of room around our table. Our waiter seemed a nice enough young man. We ordered an expensive bottle of wine and it took some time arriving. He recommended the corn soup to start and it was excellent. The big disappointment was the entree's. One friend had the duck and said it was excellent. I had the Haddock which was way overdone. But the crowning disappointment was the Lobster l'American. It came as a gray, unappetizing heap and it too was way overdone. I had ordered it a treat for my southern friend. It was, instead, an embarrassment. This was my first visit to 88 Wharf. It will be my last.Special Features:
- Most improvedLocalguy2VIPDined on 6/7/2013Four of us enjoyed dinner that included a superbly displayed salad with fresh greens. All of our meals were correctly prepared and the young waiter pleasantly took care of our needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was ok, wouldn't go back.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/6/2013We sat outside when we first got there, but it was chilly so we decided to go inside. The hostess made us carry everything and none of the staff offered to help. We asked for bread when we were seated. That never came. Our meals came to us before the waitress ever came back. The presentation was not that great! The portions were small for the price they charged. The food was ok, but nothing to rave about. We got a bottle of wine that was overpriced and not that good! All and all not impressed!Special Features:
- Great resturantOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/1/2013We have Children with allergies and its hard finding resturants where the staff really make you feel comfortable. We've been going to 88 wharf for well over a year and haven't had a problem with our concerns. They make you feel at ease and the food is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Started out as a birthday dinner...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/29/2013The valet quickly took care of our vehicle. The bartender is very attentive and suggested delicious drinks based on what we told him we liked and he adjusted her drink because she prefers it sweeter than I do. Relaxed, business casual crowd is more energetic on the weekend. On our 1st visit, we ate at the bar and the 2nd time, we ate in the dining room. Food is well-seasoned and very tasty. First time there I got grilled salmon and the second time I had the tenderloin. Both dinners were delicious! I also tasted my friend's haddock and my hubby's pork chop with a wonderful succotash. Both of those dinners were fabulous also. This is a great restaurant when you want to relax and enjoy your dinner, but not be in a quiet, "snoozy" place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but inconsistentDoubledhVIPDined on 5/25/2013We have actually been there 6 times since it opened and overall have had a good experience.. Service has been excellent on all visits and love the location. BUT the food quality has been inconsistent. Some visits have been superb but others (2of 6) have really been lacking. The last visit this week, for example, the Lobster 'American, which is not a normal choice for me and just happens to be the most expensive item on the menu. The idea and thought for this dish was excellent but the lobster was clearly overlooked and chewy and the milky sauce left much to be desired. The salad came undressed. We will wait awhile before we return. These bugs should have been long resolved from a relatively "new restaurant."
- Although I made a reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/22/2013Although I made a reservation over a week in advance, I found out they tried to call me 1//2 hour before my reservation that they were having a party. Service was not very good, we had to ask several times for the same item, i.e. bread, dresing, etc and they came well into the meal. Potatoes and vegetable for all meals were cool. When they brought out new potatoes, the person was rude, as though it was out fault that they served us cold food. There are too many other places to go that have good food and good service, so we would not recommend thi restaurant.Special Features:
- Great ambiance and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/21/2013Great ambiance and service. Duck fried rice app has been better but the ribeye dish was good. Overall value is fair but still a nice spot, especially outside on the patioSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- B-Day ChoiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/18/2013Mussels were tasty, chopped salad crisp and right amount of dressing, meals did not arrive as advertised, embellished in their descriptions. Had to ask for water and no bread was offered.Special Features:
- RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/18/2013Appetizers: Muscles were not good and smelled and tasted old. We had a reservation and had to wait and then we were placed next to the kitchen. Service was good and the waitress was very friendly and right on top of things. The prices were a bit high for the quality of the food available. I would not recommend this restaurant.Special Features: