326 Hanover St.
Boston, MA 02113Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.panzarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6175579248
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday: 1:00pm - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Richard Talieri
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Panza
Panza's traditional Italian cuisine and relaxed atmosphere make for a great evening in this historic North End locale. For a dinner out with friends or a date night, Panza is the place to go if you want to be treated as part of the family. With signature dishes like Veal Panza, Seafood Risotto, and Chicken Parmigiana we pride ourselves on the quality of our ingredients. Throughout the year Panza also offers up seasonal specials to showcase the best of the region. Spend an evening with us and find out why people have made Panza a part of their family.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Panza reviews from OpenTable diners
210 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (133)fit for foodies (91)romantic (64)special occasion (47)good for groups (23)great for lunch (23)hot spot (19)notable wine list (17)kid-friendly (16)late-night find (12)scenic view (10)great for brunch (7)great for outdoor dining (4)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- This place rocks!JmackDined on 8/9/2014I read all the other reviews and the one negative they all stated was the wait even with reservations. We had an 8:30 reservation. We got there at 8:20 and the line was out the door. The waitress came outside and I gave her my name and the reservation time. We were seated at 8:29 even with the line! I had no complaints. The food was Amazing! My fiancée had a glass of wine (nice pour)and I had a beer. We started with caesar salads and the mussels with the white wine/ garlic sauce which were excellent! Make sure to get the bread to soak up the sauce. The entrees were also excellent; a pasta dish with seafood and a cream garlic sauce and my fiancée got ravioli. The prices are reasonable especially for the north end. Don't miss it!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodNotthephantomgourmetDined on 8/9/2014Dined on 08/09/14. Food was excellent, would return. An issue, as noted in other reviews, is the lack of a hostess. Panza opened for dinner at 4pm. Customers were left standing outside asking each other who had reservations and who were walk ups. Walk ups were being seated before people with 4PM reservations. One other issues is that their web site menu needs updating as most menu items were one to two dollars higher than on the web site.Special Features:
- Delightful and deliciousellaDined on 8/8/2014Small, restaurant so I was glad I'd made a reservation. Nice menu that included some more unusual choices. We started with a short rib appetizer which was very tasty if somewhat unusual. We all chose the special Lemon Fettucini...lobster, arugula, sun dried tomatoes, garlic...delicious and there was plenty of lobster in each dish! The reservation was ready when expected and we were seated at a comfortable table. Service was prompt and not rushed. I will definitely come back for more!Special Features:
- Panza... worth the triplookin4gr8foodDined on 8/6/2014Special dinner out, to celebrate my sister's birthday. Often times in the North End it is difficult to find a restaurant that delivers good food, at a reasonable price and does not rely on the novelty of the neighborhood to earn business. This is the place. I've been quite a few times, and the experience is always the same. The wait staff ( especially Carmen) has perfected the art of making customers feel welcomed and having a wonderful dinner experience. They balance numerous tables so the experience and timing through the dinner is perfect, food is delivered hot and fresh. Also, they have an opinon on the menu items and the proud of the quality of the food they deliver. It is worth the trip, but make a reservation a head of time. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't bother making a reservationnorthenddinerDined on 8/5/2014We arrived promptly for our 8pm reservation, but were forced to stand in the doorway behind 2 other parties, and were ignored by the restaurant staff for 25 minutes. I finally decided to walk to the back of the restaurant to let them know we were there: the response was a disinterested "ok." Lots of other folks were seated before we were. We finally received a table about 45 minutes late and then ignored for another 10 minutes. To make things worse, our waitress was inattentive and distracted during the entire meal. The entrees were admittedly very good, though the Caesar salads were mediocre. But the service was poor: we will not go back.
- Busy but slightly understaffedJCBostonDined on 8/5/2014If just for the food, Panza never fails to impress. They are fast, delicious, and well priced. The only issue is the service. Despite having a reservation, I had to wait almost 25 minutes to be seated. Where I admit it was busy, a few more staff on a busy night would help. Great food as always but slightly missing on the service.Special Features:
- Great PlaceoutdoorsDined on 8/4/2014As always Panza lived up to our expectations. The food and service is great.Special Features:
- Great Value DiningIndigoDined on 8/3/2014The restaurant is casual but very reasonably priced (compared to other restaurants in the North End) with huge portions of good food. Service is quick and efficient and I recommend making a reservation to avoid having to wait for a table on weekends.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!!!!Irishbrat78Dined on 8/3/2014The food was absolutely amazing!!!! The staff was great. We didn't have to wait long for our food, drinks, etc. I will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Great food and priceCcbostonDined on 8/1/2014Small restaurant and even with a reservation you might need to wait a few minutes. Totally worth it. Fast service and great quality food. I got the piccata which was a little too lemony but still great. Can't wait to return and try more of the menu. Can't beat the prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top 5 Italian Meal EverOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/30/2014Our dining experience was tremendous. We had a 8 pm reservation and it was honored within 5 minutes. There is no maître d. You wait in line and a server will great you. The place is small and right in the middle of the vibrant north end of Boston. The food is simply fantastic. We shared the caprese salad which comes with a fried tomoto. Excellent. We then shared the baked ziti which comes with meatballs and veal panza. The ziti was close to the best pasta we have ever eaten. The veal was sliced thin and came with peppers and mushrooms and a side of pasta. The restaurant doesn't serve coffee or dessert but that's not a problem. Walk a few feet to Mike's Pastry. This is a must on your visit list. Reservation required.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tcuryankwilsonDined on 7/28/2014Some of the best italian food I have ever had. Delicious. Loud environment though. Good italian wine prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Again!JskofHrtsDined on 7/27/2014This is our 2nd time in the last few months coming here, and again it is a hidden Gem, although for how long who knows! the only Drawback is that we didn't get the Window seat on the street, but we are working on that :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WAITSTAFF & FOOD WONDERFULMenemshaDined on 7/26/2014Been coming here for 15 years. 4 of us had dinner Saturday. Had a 6:30 res, waited a little as is not unusual on a Sat night. Staff was in the weeds and as a long time food service vet I saw they balanced it perfectly. Just after ordering some A-hole stormed up to our server and lambasted her because he had to wait. I told him we had to wait too and to calm down. The servers handle it very well and I suggested he leave since we was not happy there. Of course he didn't leave because the food and staff here are excellent ! We had the mussels and grilled greens and polenta to start then the classic eggplant parm, chicken piccata and chicken piccata. ALL dishes were excellent. Food here is consistently correct and the staff is the best !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent mealfriendbdayDined on 7/26/2014we brought a group of 10 and then added an additional table of four - extremely accomodating!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner reviewDinerama1Dined on 7/25/2014The food and prices are very good. The noise level is very high and not suitable for serious conversation. My dinner companion's meal of chicken/broccoli pasta was very good. My seafood risotto somewhat disappointing, as I expected a lighter risotto.The rice was heavy and dense. Wine by glass- pinot noir , was quite good and well priced at $6 per glass. Though very crowded, seating was handled in a very efficient manner and they honor reservations fairly close to the reservation time.Special Features:
- Cozy, open, and simpleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/21/2014Our night started out entering the restaurant with not one seat to be had on a Monday (very glad I made reservations). We were catered to very quickly and had a seat right by the window. The service was great and the food was simply delicious. I would highly recommend this restaurant for a casual date, or small group of friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb, as always!JustineDined on 7/21/2014We tried to check in 20 minutes early, and were asked to come back at the reservation time. We were a little impatient, and checked back five minutes before our time, and our table was ready. Services was quick, and the food was fantastic: mussels to share, veal panza, and the special gnocci were all perfect. Extra bread helped us enjoy the sauce from the mussels to the very end. An excellent wine topped off the evening. There's no dessert menu, so if you need sweets at the end of your meal, just walk down the street to Modern Pastry or Mike's! It's always worth the wait if you don't have reservations.Special Features:
- TerribleMicheleDined on 7/20/2014After booking a table via the OpenTable and arriving at the restaurant on time, the waiter informed us that there was no available tables and he wouldn't add any name to the waiting list. Of course, we complained about that (as we received the confirmation of this reservation) and then he was extremely unpolite and said that the problem was with the OpenTable, not with the restaurant. We didn't agree with that and he said that we shouldn't come back to Panza if we don't like the way they make reservations or the way they deal with costumers. It was an akward situation because the waiter was almost screaming with us in front of all the people at the restaurant. In summary, terrible service and the no respect for the costumers.
- Worth the wait...DiningDaveDined on 7/20/2014We had reservations for 7:30 and were seated after 8pm... This is apparently par for course, but the food is fantastic! The staff was friendly and efficient. The food preparation was fast, but well paced very well with our appetizer. We'll definitely go back there!Special Features:
- Very good food, busy restaurantBobBDined on 7/20/2014We went to Panza on a Sunday night. We had reservations for 7:30, but had to push through a line just to let the waiter/hostess let us know we were there, but this was not a surprise based on other reviews, I knew we'd have to wait to be seated even with a reservation. Food was extremely good, and well worth the price tag. I'd recommend Panza if you have time to wait, and don't mind feeling a little rushed to leave. It would not be a place I'd recommend if you were going out for a special occasion.
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/19/2014This is a small (about 14 tables) restaurant. Be prepared to wait. Be prepared to sit shoulder to shoulder. However, be prepared to eat delicious food at reasonable prices. If the burrata app is on special, get it!Our table of 4 sampled the ribs, spring roll and burrata appetizers, the ceaser salad, the carbonara, the rigitoni, veal parm and lobster ravioli and 3 bottles of wine. We felt that we more than got our money's worth at $197. Note, Panza does not serve coffee or desert.Special Features:
- reservations?OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/16/2014We had 7:30 reservations. Because there was no hostess, two tables without reservations were sat before us. We were finally seated by the door and the waiter informed us our reservation was at 8:00 (which my email contradicted with the 7:30 confirmation). I was tired of being argumentative and ended up enjoying a well-prepared Italian meal. The waiter did buy me a free drink, but I do agree with the others, the experience would be better with a hostess at the door.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/16/2014Goat cheese eggroll, tomato caprese salad, and veal panza were all very good.Special Features:
- Quaint and Very ItalianAmazingDined on 7/15/2014This is a great small Italian Restaurant with really good food. The atmosphere made me feel like we were back in Italy. It is a very small and cramp place but that is what makes it so awesome and unique. We love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great small restauranttravelersDined on 7/15/2014The food was wonderful. This was our second visit and it did not disappoint. My husband had the ribs appetizer for the second time. He had tried to make it at home and had duplicated it quite well. He talked to the waitress about it, she brought out their recipe of it so we could compare what we did. Very close. The chef then came out with a pot of his bbq sauce and talked to us about how he made it and where he found the recipe. Just made the entire experience very special. Couldn't believe he took the time to come talk to us in the middle of a very busy evening. The whole meal was good and we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mucho deliciousolandoDined on 7/14/2014Goat cheese and mushroom appetizer a must. It is served with balsamic dressed greens. Fantastic! Also enjoyed the squash ravioli with brown butter sage sauce. Yum!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Plan on WaitingKmerchDined on 7/13/2014Definitely recommend reservations but you'll still wait. It's a small place and people take time to enjoy their meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster Ravioli A MustLC10Dined on 7/11/2014Visiting Boston for the weekend. Wanted great Italian meal in a casual atmosphere. Loved the food and the vibe. Very lively and noisy in a good way. Excellent service. Don't be offended if you wait 5 or more minutes to be acknowledge to put your name on the list even with a reservation. It's part of the fun. Decided to eat there again Saturday night. It was that good! FYI we are New Yorkers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great authentic Italian!EyedocDined on 7/11/2014Very small, but efficient place. Food was just what we wanted it to be... Authentic. Got a table on open table. Place was hopping the whole time. Staff got us taken care of without getting flustered with the busyness. Great experience. Would go back anytime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner in little italyneil2eatVIPDined on 7/11/2014Dinner at Panza was great. What a charming gem. Felt like I was in ITALY. Great calamari, pasta and chicken parm. Would go back anytime I am in bostonSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/6/2014Fabulous meal. The entire family thoroughly enjoyed everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small but quaintRandallBrittanyDined on 7/6/2014We love this place, food is great and affordable. Service is perfect!Special Features:
- Amazing!Foodie4LifeDined on 7/5/2014I dined with 3 others and we nearly tried everything without one single disappointment. This chef knows what he is doing! Well worth the wait (the restaurant is tiny as most are in the north end)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/5/2014Excellent food and friendly service. The place could really use a dedicated hostess. It was quite difficult to understand how to check in. Glad we had a reservation though. The North End was packed!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Ok ServicevisitingfromchicagoDined on 7/1/2014The restaurant is small and there doesn't seem to be a host stand, leaving customers waiting in a line out the door. However, once seated the food was excellent.Special Features:
- Delicious, reasonably priced fareCyberMomDined on 7/1/2014In a neighborhood of overpriced and, in some cases, overrated restaurants, Panza stands out as a wonderful choice. It is one of our "go to" places in Boston's North end.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Italian FoodKrisDined on 6/30/2014We went to Panza for the first time after frequenting another restaurant in the North End for years. We were so happy to find that there is another great restaurant with very reasonably priced food. All of our entrees were delicious. The mussels in the fra diavolo sauce were excellent, we even finished up the sauce dipping our bread in it. Its a great place to go on a gorgeous summer evening since they have large windows that open to the street. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Disappointed with Panza North End4foodiesDined on 6/29/2014We were looking forward to our Italian meal in the North End during our stay in Boston. We were disappointed with our mediocre meal at Panza. Since we have been to the North End on many previous visits and had some amazing Italian meals we were open to trying a new restaurant. Panza did not meet our expectations with either the food or service. Really not much to recommend.
- A Hanover Street Little gemSuzyQDined on 6/26/2014This is a reasonably priced delicious little Italian gem on Hanover St. Everything is perfectly seasoned and lucious. There are 2-3 well-seasoned male waiters that execute their jobs perfectly with wonderful timing. True professionals! Fresh specials each day. The food is prepared with love! Beer and wine only. I love the white wine sangria! Yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.