2247 Professor Ave
Tremont, OH 44113Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.restaurantdante.us/
- Phone: 2162741200x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Dante Boccuzzi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: DANTE restaurant can provide food and beverages for any occasion and party size.
- Private Party Facilities: Our private party room seats comfortably 20 people. In warmer months the outside garden patio can be utilized in conjunction with the private room.
- Private Party Contact: Monica Ferrari 9176605334x
A word from DANTE
Enjoy Michelin-starred chef Dante Boccuzzi"s signature restaurant DANTE. Located in a historic bank building in Tremont, DANTE restaurant has become one of Cleveland's premier dining spots. The decor features designs and works of art from local artists. Guests may choose from an a la Carte Menu or a Chef's Tasting Menu. Experience the excitement of dining in the kitchen as Chef Dante prepares and serves you a multiple course tasting menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
DANTE - Best Restaurants in Tremont ›
DANTE reviews from OpenTable diners
191 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (141)special occasion (119)neighborhood gem (91)romantic (86)notable wine list (82)hot spot (60)good for groups (45)great for outdoor dining (24)vibrant bar scene (24)late-night find (16)scenic view (4)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/16/2014Dante is always outstanding. The service is wonderful: You can actually enjoy a leisurely meal, unlike some high-end restaurants where servers rush through to get another table. The menu is creative, and the food is fabulous.Special Features:
- YummersDined on 6/14/2014Good as always. Besides the wobbly table. Server tried to fix it but it didnt help.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jwd9VIPDined on 6/14/2014Marvelous father's day dinner. Love the porterhouse for two!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night to RememberBobbyVIPDined on 6/13/2014DANTE is one of my favorite restaurants in the Tremont area. The location and atmosphere is wonderful. Recommend reserving one of the tables that is close to the front window. Menu is set up so you can try many different items. Portions range from tasting, appetizer to entrée size. We had the Tuna Tartar and Maine Lobster Spring Roll to begin. For a salad recommend the Asparagus. Finally for the main course split the Chanterelles Polenta and Linguine. Cannot go wrong with any selection from the menu and all pair well with the wonderful wine list! Will definitely be returning to DANTE. Enjoy.Special Features:
- Best Service in many, many years!DanODined on 6/13/2014Went to Dante for my wife's Bday with my 15 year old son who is a food fanatic. Every food item we ordered was great. The highlight was our server, Keith. This guy knew the menu inside and out and explained things with incredible detail. You could tell he was passionate about food and his job. He was probably the best I have ever encountered in many years of dining at fine restaurants. Do not miss the home made ice cream especially the hot chocolate flavor. Awesome experience but on the pricy side. Will be back for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing place to eat.Reesy334Dined on 6/10/2014Everything about this restaurant is great! Great people, good feel and superb food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DanteLadychicDined on 6/6/2014Great tremont landmark. Love the creative food and portion options, artistic ambience and place to be scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014From the hostess to the waiter everyone was so polite and nice! Would definitely come back and recommend to friends/ family! The food was amazing and love that you give the choice of taste, app, dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT NIGHT OUTOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/31/2014INTIMATE BAR AREA, GREAT WINE LIST, AND THE FOOD WAS DELICIOUS. THERE WERE SIX OF US AND FOR OF THE SIX WAS THERE FIRST TIME. THEY CAN'T WAIT TO GO BACK. THEY HAD A GREAT TIME.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/31/2014Service was slow, with long gaps between delivery of small plate courses. Lobster spring roles were very good. The Truffled potato and leek soup was good. The Pappardelle was good, but not hot when served. The Linguine Carbonara was boring and the Bhutanese Red Rice was very flat with no "key" flavor. Overall a disappointing experience.
- Just wowKatravlerDined on 5/30/2014A cleveland must. We ordered a la carte and tried various dishes. Amazing flavors. Highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top of the Top!MoofVIPDined on 5/29/2014Spectacular in every way! Would hold its own in any city in the world!! Don't miss the chicken!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 1081 reviews are from the DANTE reviews archive.
- Good but expensiveAknappDined on 5/23/2014Had the chefs tasting menu and all the food was really good. Enjoyed everything I was served. Appreciated the knowledgeable staff and courteous service. It was a bit expensive but I can justify it for the quality. It was a bit loud for a Friday night, but it was pretty busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeGoCavsDined on 5/23/2014Tuna tartar may have been the best thing I have ever eaten in my life. Great place.Special Features:
- Unforgettable!fluffnbutterDined on 5/22/2014Every time we go to Dante we have yet another unforgettable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie delightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/20/2014Fabulous food, great home made pasta, great staff. Beautiful decorSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood Gem!!!KarenDined on 5/17/2014Give this gem 5 stars. Menu and food were terrific. Back room more intamate/quite. Dining service very attentive, not hovering. Bar service needs some attention. Overall a fantastic evening!Special Features:
- Fine dining with lots of noisefoxfire1Dined on 5/17/2014Enjoyed our selections, the Experience, which is a 5 course chef's choice paired with wines, but it was way way way too loud in there to really appreciate. We couldn't even hear our server describe what was presented with each course. I doubt I will return there because of the noise factor.Special Features:
- jwd9VIPDined on 5/16/2014Awesome, as always. My favorite restaurant in Cleveland!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GinkosBobarziDined on 5/10/2014Dined at Ginkos for the first time. Great food, service and the ambience is equally excellent.Special Features:
- Great placeNitetodineDined on 5/10/2014interesting variety of food and delicious. Friendly and helpful workers. Great place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Add to my listObanRDined on 5/9/2014My wife and I are new to Cleveland and we have been trying out numerous dinner places. Dante is defiantly in the rotation! Although the menu is not large it is unique in some of it's offerings. We especially like the meat plate appetizer as it have a varying selection of taste without being overwhelming. Also because of size on some of their dishes we were able to sample small portions without over eating. Most important was the service and it was good, with the right amount of attention without intruding on our dinner.Special Features:
- simply amazing mealBakedchaserDined on 5/2/2014Had the chef's tasting menu with a friend at Dante's and it was quite possibly the most satisfying meal experience I've had in a very long time. it wasn't what I would describe as economical by a long shot, however the evening was wonderful, the food was delicious and the service was attentive. Great spot, can't believe I'd never eaten there before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yum!NadafoodieDined on 4/26/2014Took the wife here for her birthday. We both loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always a great mealilovefoodVIPDined on 4/25/2014Always a great meal good atmosphere and friendly staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for business dinnersdavevineDined on 4/23/2014Had a great meal and perfect service at Dante. The food and ambiance were great. I will definitely be taking business contacts there in the future.Special Features:
- Rainbow Trout special - incredibleMazz10VIPDined on 4/19/2014Dante's is amazing. Rainbow trout was amazing. Skin was crisp while fish was still moist. Black quinoa side was incredible. Salads were not small and full of flavor. We don't eat dairy or meat and they were happy to accommodate our special request.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relax and enjoy!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/12/2014I booked reservation on open table and put in a request to sit at a table window...the rebus was reviewed and I was more than pleased to be seated in the window when we arrived. Food is always great here and atmosphere just as pleasing. Our party really enjoyed the evening and will keep coming back.Special Features:
- Good Meal, A Bit PriceyBusyMomDined on 4/12/2014Dante was a nice night out. Not THE BEST meal I've ever had in Cleveland, but still delicious and beautifully presented. However, it was a bit pricey for two tastings, two entrees, and the dessert tasting. With no alcohol, the meal still came to $100. Not a huge deal, since we had a gift certificate to cover most of the meal, but we probably wouldn't have gone to eat there without it. The service was great, and the waitress helped explain the slightly confusing layout of the menu. The spacing was a bit tight, and the noise level was moderate, but not overbearing. I'd say the highlights of the whole experience were the beautiful chandelier in the center of the ceiling, the delicious dessert tasting, and the fun candy cart at the end.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dante - never fails!MikeLDined on 4/11/2014Another great experience at Dante Tremont. We will go back there as often as we can. Food, service, wine selection - all great. Thanks, Chef!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This place is overall - perfect !OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/7/2014There was nothing i didnt like about this place. The server explained everything well an made suggestions. The food was outstanding, the music was perfect for the atmosphere and overall a fantastic experiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent. Great food by aOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/5/2014Excellent. Great food by a chef who is actually doing the cooking right along with his crew. Dante makes you feel as though you were dining at his home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great MealAftershowDined on 4/5/2014The food was fantastic. Service was excellent. My wife and I had a great meal. I really enjoyed the chef's tasting menu. Some really great cooking at this establishment.Special Features:
- Special 52nd birthdayskiercoupleDined on 4/4/2014My husband was adventuresome on his birthday and tried the rabbit dish and I had the pan-seared trout. We both enjoyed are meals and the presentation was very appealing to all the senses. The calamari was one of the best that we/ve every had! We will definitely go back and hopefully soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chefs table is amazing!!!!Foodwinelvr123Dined on 4/1/2014The tasting menu here makes it so easy to enjoy the company of your date or group because you put your trust in th chefs choices. Also can pair with wines. The selection of these are also very impressive!! They are sure to amaze! And if possible I would recommend asking for chefs table if it's a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and atmosphereAnnaDined on 3/28/2014I went on a Friday night with my fiancé on a date night and had a great time. The server was extremely helpful and friendly. Made great recommendations. Even the bus boys and the managers walking the room. Everyone was so nice and helpful. The food was excellent. I got the special of the night and it was so good. The soups and appetizer we got were great too. I can't wait to go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Couples night outRickRDined on 3/28/2014We had 3 couples enjoy a great night of food, drinks and conversation. We spend almost 4 hours enjoying our evening out at Dantes the staff was great made excellent recomendations, they didnt rush us out the door they made it very comfortable from drinks to dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinner at DantesoloneatsVIPDined on 3/28/2014Really love this restaurant and it did not disappoint. Food was delicious and the wait staff were great. We were celebrating and so decided to get two tasting menus and they were expensive but terrific! Really a great meal all around and we will definitely return for another celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A couple bumps but still a favoriteSkacleveDined on 3/28/2014The Tasting Menu on visit #1 was filling, fun and surprising. The food on visit #2 was amazing, and we sang its praises (please bring back the chocolate box with banana mousse!). We highly recommend the creative menu. Because we loved those experiences, perhaps expectations were a tad too high this time. The truffled chicken entree with mushrooms was fabulous, but the snapper was not memorable. The Lobster Spring Roll disappointed. On visit #2 last year, I wished I had ordered two - the shell was light and crispy and the large chunks of real lobster meat were mouth-wateringly succulent and delicious. This time, it had the dense texture and flavor of fake crab. Excellent service (It's hard to write narratives here with characters limited.)Special Features:
- Fabulous FlavoursHarryDined on 3/15/2014The combination of tastes was remarkable. Every bite was a delight .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.