2247 Professor Ave
Tremont, OH 44113Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.restaurantdante.us/
- Phone: 2162741200x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Dante Boccuzzi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: DANTE restaurant can provide food and beverages for any occasion and party size.
- Private Party Facilities: Our private party room seats comfortably 20 people. In warmer months the outside garden patio can be utilized in conjunction with the private room.
- Private Party Contact: Monica Ferrari 9176605334x
A word from DANTE
Enjoy Michelin-starred chef Dante Boccuzzi"s signature restaurant DANTE. Located in a historic bank building in Tremont, DANTE restaurant has become one of Cleveland's premier dining spots. The decor features designs and works of art from local artists. Guests may choose from an a la Carte Menu or a Chef's Tasting Menu. Experience the excitement of dining in the kitchen as Chef Dante prepares and serves you a multiple course tasting menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
DANTE - Best Restaurants in Tremont ›
DANTE reviews from OpenTable diners
195 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (143)special occasion (123)neighborhood gem (94)romantic (90)notable wine list (82)hot spot (61)good for groups (46)great for outdoor dining (26)vibrant bar scene (25)late-night find (17)scenic view (5)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Great meal.BarbDined on 7/31/2014Awesome service. Wonderful meal. Our server Michael is everything you want in a waiter. His knowledge of the menu and wine list, leave nothing to be desired. Dante is our place for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a good timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/30/2014Went for a special event with nowhere else to be. Spent almost 2 3/4 hours eating dinner, greatly enjoying our experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect nightSheilaOHDined on 7/28/2014A great spot to spend a special evening. Each course was more wonderful than the last . The Ribeye was outstanding! I thought it couldn't get better until dessert arrived!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My new favorite!iDadDined on 7/28/2014If you appreciate how food should be prepared and served go with "The Experience" and you will have a wonderful meal!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceCharlieDined on 7/26/2014Great dinner options. The wine was really good. The entire experience was worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/26/2014We had amazing service, the food was delicious and cooked to perfection. The menu is good for most everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will return hereFoodieSkiierDined on 7/25/2014Service was very good, although we had to wait a little while before someone came to get drink order. Our cocktails were very well made, and they didn't skimp on the blue cheese olives for our dirty martini. The lobster spring roll was tasty, and quite filling, if expensive. For our entrees we got the rabbit saddle with homemade gnocci and mahi mahi with grilled peaches, both of which were delicious. The desserts looked great, but we didn't have room, so we'll have to come back another evening.Special Features:
- Breull's masterpieceSidringDined on 7/25/2014At Dante's quality bursts in every bite. Service sparkles. Atmosphere mandates a sublime experience. The joy of different sized and priced portions simply enhances the overall gastronomic experience. Now do you think I maybe liked Dante's? 🌹🌹🌹🌻😉Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid as AlwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/25/2014For the 3rd year in a row, my bride and had dinner at Dante's to celebrate our anniversary. We were not disappointed. Again, a great menu that is difficult to deal with because there are so many dishes we wanted to have. We are learning though to split some things so that we get get more tastes. Generally we do not order dessert, but we consistently break that rule at Dante's. Outstanding dessert menu. This is out favorite restaurant in town Very nice happy hour specials as well.Special Features:
- GoodlizayvizayDined on 7/23/2014I really enjoyed Dante and thought they had a very interesting and eclectic menu with a wide variety of foods.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always happy hereWaferthinmintDined on 7/22/2014Every time i go to Dante I am pleased. Food is great and there are many choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!!!KentLindaDined on 7/19/2014We had a late night dinner reservation. Everything was ready when we arrived. The valet service helped since it was raining. The bar was really alive but we went to a quieter room where we were met immediately by our waiter. We were new there, so the waiter explained the menu and helped us with our selections. You can get taster size, appetizer size, or full course on many of the items. Everything was served with an elegant presentation and taste was wonderful. They have an ice cream sampler (4 kinds( from a long list of homemade ice creams) that was a great dessert. Forgot to mention the baked right there and is delicious. We had to hold back to be sure we had room for the delicious courses that followed. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Wonderful ExperienceveganfoodieDined on 7/19/2014a group of us went here for my sister's birthday. The food lived up to all the hype that it got on reviews I had read, we all tried different dishes and all turned out amazing. I am vegan and they were able to accommodate my needs, while still maintaining wonderful flavor combinations. My sister said it was one of the best meals she ever had. Our waitress Katie was so cool, and she gave us great ideas. They also gave my sister a drink on the house and a bday dessert!!!! We cannot wait to come back, everything was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Innovative, unique Cleveland gemClevelandHoneymoonerDined on 7/19/2014Really wonderful innovative restaurant. I recommend coming with a person or people who are willing to share - the menu is a lot of small to medium plates. My suggestions: Order the Tuna Tartare appetizer. It is seriously one of the best dishes I've ever had. Order tastings of all 3 pastas. They change from time to time and they are always incredible. Try the polenta. So good. Duck and Mahi Mahi were excellent as well. Our server was fantastic (don't remember her name) and very knowledgeable. The only down side was the pacing - some of the dishes took a while to come out. I have not experienced this in previous visits though - maybe the kitchen was just backed up. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous food at DANTESbjmVIPDined on 7/19/2014Celebrated my husband's birthday at Dante this past weekend. Began with specialty cocktails & wine by the glass. Starters included oysters, goat cheese tart, calamari & shrimp. All were excellent! Oysters were fresh & perfectly briny. Warm goat cheese tart had a balsamic glaze. Calamari & shrimp were cooked perfectly and had a delicious dipping sauce. Next we shared two different polentas & greens. The pork one was our favorite, but both were excellent. Greens were a nice contrast. Had a wonderful bottle of Italian red wine for dinner. Entrees included ribeye, rabbit & ravioli. All were very good, although not quite as amazing as appetizers (maybe we were getting full). Dessert was an almond joy creation & after dinner drinks. Great meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food & Service was outstanding!Roxy1Dined on 7/19/2014Keith was our server and as it was our first time at Dante, he reviewed the menu with us. He also made suggestions of his favorite dishes as well as the popular dishes of other customers. We enjoyed celebrating our anniversary here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 Course Mealstorage42Dined on 7/19/2014I went with 2 other people and we got the 5 Course Meal for $65. The Chef chooses which dishes to serve for each course, but is willing to cater the menu to any of the diners specifications. First dish was tuna tartar, which I had never had before but was delicious. The second was lobster spaghetti. The third was duck. Then a dessert like dish to cleanse the palate. And, finally dessert. Every dish was top of the line. The service was great, attentive and informative. We really couldn't ask for a better experience.Special Features:
- The best Cleveland has to offerPeteDined on 7/18/2014I think Dante is the finest chef in Cleveland. All of my guests were satisfied++wit the offerings and the service. I love Dante's Next Door for lunch...innovative and quality. The personnel are well trained and very friendly. The menu is varied, but the emphasis is on quality, both of the food and preparation.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food, excellent staffLGmedina79Dined on 7/16/2014We had a great start with a excellent bartender making crushable cocktails as he called them:) Then continued with three courses that got better and better. The pasta carbonara was outstanding with the best homemade noddles I have ever had. We have frequented many ohio city and tremont area restaurants and this ranks at the top!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always A Fantastic ExperienceTremonsterDined on 7/14/2014I come here often for a quick dinner, special occasions, happy hour, and bring people in for business as well. This place has it all and the food is absolutely incredible. I highly recommend the tasting menu. They are also gluten free friendly, dairy free friendly, & vegan friendly - if there is something you cannot or do not want to eat, Dante will accommodate you with pleasure.Special Features:
- YaleguyDined on 7/12/2014My favorite Cleveland restaurant. Always the best ingredients, artfully presented. A complete sensory experience, one I recommend to everyone.Special Features:
- Phenomenal Tasting MenuMomOf2Dined on 7/12/2014Can't decide with this unusual menu? Can't go wrong letting the chef decide for you. Unusual, but fabulous!!!! Add the wine pairing for an even more incredible experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food with Great Friends!BOHwriterDined on 7/12/2014I had friends come into town and was able to nab a last minute 6:15 reservation. Food incredible as usual. The new menu had duck which one of the gals tried, it was amazing. Our server was attentive. Very loud in the restaurant. It was difficult to hear the hostess, and the server throughout the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, huge wine list!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/12/2014Excellent service at DANTE! It made for a special night with some great flavors on the menu. The wine list was so big it was a bit overwhelming, but the server was pretty knowledgeable and helped out with that.Special Features:
- Interesting menu with suprising mixMVECDined on 7/8/2014Meal was excellent and each course was unique and flavorful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy With Great TasteEnjoysgreatfoodDined on 7/5/2014I found DANTE restaurant to have a well-cooked classy meal. It's a great location to relax and enjoy a sip of nice wine over dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bad nightjerry2014VIPDined on 7/3/2014Great reputation but we caught a bad night. Tha fish appetizer was inedible and the server agreed and removed them I ordered the rib steak.It certainly was not prime. It was chewy and had gristle making it a bad choice. The server acted approritely and took it off the bill and offered a replacement and gave us a lovely dessert. We had a nice $60 red and my wifes pork tenderloin was OK.There were qute a number of youngsters so the noise level was high. We will try again but not soon. I almost never send anything back but for $36 you should get a prime steak.
- Service was horrible.CyberponyDined on 7/3/2014Eric our server did not seem likes his job. Three times we would be asking for something or asking a question and he turn his back to us and walk away. Very uncomfortable expirence. Did not offer suggestions when ask, just gave us a dead pan stare. My husband ordered pasta, and wanted cheese, he walked away and did not return for quite awhile later. He was rude. Very unpleasant experience.Special Features:
- Again, amazingNathDined on 6/30/2014That was our second time in Dante. Wee took some friends from outside the country to dinner. Everyone was amazed with Dante. We have a 7 years old, and she also had a great time, in her words "the best pasta she'd ever had"Special Features:
- FabulousShipskVIPDined on 6/27/2014Dante consistently delivers delicious and creative food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- InconsistentMoofVIPDined on 6/24/2014Disappointed! Went at the end of May-- everything 5 star. Went again this week. Some of the same dishes were ordered, but the quality was way down. Chicken dry, ice cream melted, arugula salad had different texture, taste and perhaps even lettuces. Seemed disorganized. Something seemed to be going on in the kitchen and not in a good way. We will not go back for awhile, if ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Evening!KathyDined on 6/21/2014This was our first trip to this Dante Restaurant and though each of his places are different this one shines! Our food, service and overall impression was extremely favorable and we are looking forward to a return trip very soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent enjoyable experienceSteveDined on 6/21/2014We had the "Experience" whic is a pairing of five courses with wine. Food choices are made by the chef. It was outstanding.Special Features:
- Chef's Experience was great!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/21/2014The Chef offers an "experience" where he chooses the food for 5 courses, based on input from the customer for $65pp. It was a special occasion and we enjoyed every course. It was a separate menu for each of us, given our preferences. We were full by the fourth course and brought some food home. Everything was excellent!!!!Special Features:
- ArielDined on 6/20/2014This was a fabulous meal! What a nice and romantic evening at Dante's. We LOVED the food and originality of the dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- superb againfunkmastabrizzDined on 6/20/2014Our second time here was as good as the first and our server Sarah was a delight, extremely personable as well as knowledgeable about the menu and the wine list. It was an excellent meal from start to finish. We spent a leisurely three hours over the meal and it seemed to fly by. I would heartily recommend trying the Chef's selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/20/2014It was a perfect dinner. It is rare to be able to say that but Dante was soooo good! I will miss this place. We started with the lobster spring rolls-delicious. We had the papardelle Bolognese-my favorite dish! And for our main entrée we had the miso glazed pork which was cooked perfectly. Dante is an amazing chef and he never disappoints. This night was flawless. Even saw a friend of mine there. Many memories!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HHRhappyhourrocksDined on 6/20/2014We enjoyed our meal, using a gift card. It was our first time at Dante and we enjoyed sampling/sharing 7 different dishes. The best thing ever was the appetizer, MAINE LOBSTER SPRING ROLLS and the "house red" wine! Will def go back. Keith was a very informed, efficient, and delightful server.Special Features:
- ShilpaDined on 6/18/2014I have dined at alot of restuarnats in cleveland and Dante is by far the BEST. Nothing can beat it. The mix of flavors and textures and consistency are culinary magic! Every bite from begining to end is a party in my mouth. The Chef Dante's course tasting menu its most amazing experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- friendlyDined on 6/18/2014Ther were 4 of us. We enjoyed the patio.We then moves inside when it rained. Nice atmosphere. Good food Choices were ok. Would have liked a few more choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.