Don Vito's Italian - South Point Casino
9777 Las Vegas Boulevard South
Las Vegas, NV 89183Neighborhood:
South Point Casino
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Don Vito's Italian - South Point Casino
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.southpointcasino.com/dining/don-vitos.php
- Phone: 7027978075
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Peter Joseph Angelo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Don Vito's Italian - South Point Casino
When Italian cuisine strikes your fancy, Don Vito’s is the place to whet your appetite. Our culinary team starts with the freshest ingredients and transforms them into traditional favorites Don Vito’s regulars rave about. Start with a Caprese style salad of ripe tomatoes, fresh basil and mozzarella Chef Angelo makes by hand. Next, on to homemade gnocchi or ravioli, two other local favorites. Savory soups, freshly baked breads, seafood flown in daily, and a wide variety of Italian desserts are showcased in this stylishly appointed specialty room. Attentive and accommodating service will make your pre-show dinner, special occasion, or night on the town an even more memorable experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Don Vito's Italian - South Point Casino reviews from OpenTable diners
108 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (64)romantic (52)neighborhood gem (35)good for groups (33)fit for foodies (29)notable wine list (22)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (7)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (3)hot spot (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Osso BucoTFWThomVIPDined on 3/29/2014Saturday is the only day to get Osso Boco (a special) and it is worth the wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ask more questionseddieDined on 3/29/2014I made the mistake of assuming my pasta dish would be marinara sauce and it was a creamy red sauce, possibly a vodka sauce. The menu did not state the kind of sauce. Being health conscious I did not care for the cream sauce. My error, however if the menu was more detailed about the sauce I would have asked for marinara. Ate sparingly, did not complain.Special Features:
- it was okayNickyDined on 3/28/2014Not someplace I would choose to go unless I was staying at the Southpoint and did not want to leave. Even then there are better on property chooses.
- Relax and Enjoy!marcieDined on 3/27/2014This is great way to unwind at the end of a busy day. From the moment I entered I was treated with respect. The waiters and waitresses were very attentive and made sure we had everything we needed. Everything we were served was excellent and at the proper temperature. We will definately return again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre service, decent foodvirtualdrummerDined on 3/23/2014The food here is decent, not spectacular, but overall good. The service was pretty weak. We stood at the host stand for 5 minutes without acknowledgement, and then the hostess ran by us on the way to find someone else, again without acknowledgement. Our waitress was lifeless, and drinks came out very slowly.
- Italian at its bestBillVIPDined on 3/22/2014We love dining at Don Vito's at the South Point Casino so much. The staff is very friendly and professional. The service with Johnny is such a joy. He remembers us by name and also what we like and how we like it. Every time it is the same - Awesome!Special Features:
- Great Italian Food!LasVegas2014Dined on 3/22/2014It was a wonderful experience dining at Don Vito. The food was excellent (and I'm Italian) the portions were abundant and the prices were reasonable. We're definitely returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Pleasureseahawk11Dined on 3/21/2014It's always a pleasure to eat at Don Vito's! The service is just right, the food is wonderful, the prices are excellent, and the surroundings are pleasant and quiet. This is why we keep going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SURPRISE----SURPRISEJDBSWBDined on 3/21/2014What I anticipated and what I got were two different things. Food-Service-Ambience, was nothing short of spectacular. upon my next visit to Las Vegas this will be my first booking. The prices are more than reasonable and to say I would recommend it is a given.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty goodFoodieVIPDined on 3/18/2014Had a quick bite to eat, the waiter was good and my chicken pram hit the spot. Thanks for asking.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as usual!DoobsterDined on 3/15/2014Wow...great service, superb salad and lasagna, excellent Barbera (many Italian places don't have a good Barbera on the menu.....Don Vito's does!). Always have a great experience here, and this meal surpassed the others we have had. A wonderful place and a great value for what you get! Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Excellent foodAbq4foodiesVIPDined on 3/14/2014This is the second time we've dinned there and found the food excellent. Would recommend it to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don vito'sHarveyVIPDined on 3/13/2014Great food plus great service equeals a great meal.a nice to visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good casino restaurantGerryDined on 3/12/2014Located in the South Point Casino, this is a very nice restaurant that offers a wide selection of Italian favorites. Service was good and the restaurant was in no hurry to push us through our meal to claim our table. We made reservations through Open Table as we had "walked in" earlier in our stay only to find there was nothing available for over an hour. We enjoyed a nice Ceasar salad followed by pasta dishes. The fettuccine Alfredo was excellent as was the linguine with clams in a white sauce. We will definitely return when staying in that hotel again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Typical Don Vito'sFoodieVIPDined on 3/11/2014Had dinner with a friend who wanted to eat at Don Vito's and the gamble. It was my turn to pay so we ate, drank wine and had a typical experience here; so so food, friendly staff and nothing too shocking. Unfortunately the food seems as Italian as the Olive Garden these days.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious foodKwikDined on 3/11/2014We enjoyed the food and the ambiance very much. I especially loved the roasted garlic and oil accompanying the bread. The scampi was delicious. Unfortunately, the secondary waiter was clueless. He brought a marshmellow dessert instead of a tort and then insisted it was a tort. Luckily, the main waiter realized the error and exchanged the dessert for an actual tort. The secondary waiter also didn't seem to understand what we were asking for or ordering. Otherwise, it was a very nice experience.Special Features:
- Food was fantasticNiobeTCDined on 3/11/2014Since Southpoint is fairly isolated, it was nice to enjoy a good Italian meal right on the premises. The bread they serve before dinner is incredible. The salad was very good and the ravioli with tomato cream sauce was wonderful. My only complaint was that the server seemed extremely busy and he wrote us off as the table least likely to tip- which is unfortunate, as I waited tables for many years and always tip well. My wine glass (the first glass I had) was empty for some time, and even when he brought our entrees, he did not ask if I would like another glass. I finally asked another person who was clearing dishes.I would recommend this to a friend.
- ehhhhh!FoodieVIPDined on 3/9/2014I am a regular here. From the host, an older gentleman with glasses, the wait staff to the bussers , the people are really great. We had Tracy serving us last night and she was terrific. My wife eats the same thing every time we come, the cioppino or the ribeye. Both are usually good. Last night they made a mistake with her ribeye..it happens. But I am Italian and I can't forgive them for their lousy spaghetti and meatballs! Over the last few years the sauce has gotten considerably less palatable! The whatever they call it over the tiny portion of pasta is criminal and why are the meatballs almost white when you cut into them? They are not like grandma used to make! Its getting to the point that I will no longer be able to eat here.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experienceSashaDined on 3/7/2014Everything was very good. The serving personnel was very attentive. There was good food .Special Features:
- OkaySpikeDined on 3/5/2014Service very good. Bread was wonderful. Steak very good. Tomato sauce to acidic way to much tomato. Chicken not seasoned, very bland.Special Features:
- NevadabobNevadabobDined on 2/24/2014Service was excellent . Prompt and attentive without being a nuisance. Nice wine luster with daily specials. Food was excellent . We had everything from pasta to chicken to steak and all 6 members of our party loved their choice. We skipped dessert as we all had salad and an entree and were stuffed. We would all go back for sure.Special Features:
- Food was amazing, great service,JudeDined on 2/22/2014Food was amazing, great service, just a lovely evening, and the desserts, to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another awesome dining experienceBillVIPDined on 2/22/2014We dined at Don Vito's at the South Point again Saturday. We always ask for Johnny because he is such a great server. He even remembers what we ordered last time. He suggested the Osso Bucco and it was indeed a winner. Would recommend Don Vitos to anyone looking for great food, 5-star service and wonderful wine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don Vito's in Las VegasJOYCEDined on 2/20/2014Don Vito's is one of the best Italian restaurants in Vegas. The food is consistently good with full portions. Service is wonderful and anything you ask for is brought to your table immediately. Warm bread and a garlic/tomato dip is delicious, they have a fine wine list with reasonable prices and the ambiance is friendly and and fun.Special Features:
- great EveninggrippDined on 2/15/2014thanks to our server Johnny, and the food was what we expected.Special Features:
- Dining at South PointConnieVIPDined on 2/15/2014Compliments to Boris and Remedios for very good service. We enjoyed the food and the ambiance; would dine here again. Good to see vegetarian options and the special $20 wine bottle offering was a treat.Special Features:
- Food and server was excellent,OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Food and server was excellent, will definitily return!Special Features:
- fine dining at a decent priceFamilyofFoodiesDined on 2/14/2014We come here often for special occasions or if we want a nicer place than the typical chain restaurant. Always good food and friendly service at a decent price. Most recently we went for our 21st wedding anniversary which happens to be on Valentine's day. Our table was ready and service was good even though this is always a very busy night.Special Features:
- Love This PlaceDawnDined on 2/14/2014I love eating here. You are never rushed. Every course comes seperately, and I love that. I hate ging to a restaurant that brigs your entree right after they bring our salad and/or appetizer. This restaurant spaces everything perfectly. If you aree in a hurry, go somewhere else. If you want to relax, eat, drink at a leisurely pace and be pampered by staff, come here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesomedeltacoDined on 2/14/2014awesome service food was good and the ambiance was great we will return to this restaurant ....... we are locals and will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Greatseahawk11Dined on 2/14/2014With great food, wonderful service (thanks, Jose), and a very pleasant ambiance, how can you not like Don Vito's? This was the second Valentine's that I took my fiancée to Don Vito's because of the quiet elegance of this restaurant. The food is always good, and the wait staff always attending but not doting. I'm sure we'll be back for other such occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DON VITO'S THE GREATESTBCHAMPIONDined on 2/12/2014BRAULIO & DAVID WERE EXCELLENT PEOPLE, AND EXCELLENT SERVERSSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must dine!MinnesotamunchersDined on 2/9/2014Food and service were outstanding! From the appetizer to the desert a must try. Come hungry! You will leave full and satisfied for a modest price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a large group and theyBowledoverDined on 2/8/2014We had a large group and they had our table ready exactly at our reservation time which was a pleasant surprise. Service and food were very good. This was our second time at Don Vito's and plan to go again in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Third time and loved it eachOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/7/2014Third time and loved it each visit. Friendly and accommodating staff and excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A hidden restaurant gemHenryVIPDined on 2/5/2014One of the best kept secret restaurants in Las Vegas...The food is excellent along with the friendly service.Special Features:
- Great foodKat50Dined on 1/31/2014This is the second time we've dine at Don Vito's. The food was excellent, the ambiance is very comfortable and inviting.Special Features:
- Nice findoswegogirlDined on 1/28/2014we had a Ribeye special. It was good, but would go for the type of food they are known for. Italian. Bread was great!Special Features:
- This time was much better!FoodieVIPDined on 1/26/2014We had the Ribeye specials and they were excellent! I tried a new waiter, I routinely go to the same one and i thought I would try a new one and it was a pleasant surprise.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining outHarveyVIPDined on 1/25/2014Good food and service. A nice place to dine and socialize. A nice evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.