Don Vito's Italian - South Point Casino
9777 Las Vegas Boulevard South
Las Vegas, NV 89183Neighborhood:
South Point Casino
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Don Vito's Italian - South Point Casino
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.southpointcasino.com/dining/don-vitos.php
- Phone: 7027978075
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Peter Joseph Angelo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Don Vito's Italian - South Point Casino
When Italian cuisine strikes your fancy, Don Vito’s is the place to whet your appetite. Our culinary team starts with the freshest ingredients and transforms them into traditional favorites Don Vito’s regulars rave about. Start with a Caprese style salad of ripe tomatoes, fresh basil and mozzarella Chef Angelo makes by hand. Next, on to homemade gnocchi or ravioli, two other local favorites. Savory soups, freshly baked breads, seafood flown in daily, and a wide variety of Italian desserts are showcased in this stylishly appointed specialty room. Attentive and accommodating service will make your pre-show dinner, special occasion, or night on the town an even more memorable experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Don Vito's Italian - South Point Casino reviews from OpenTable diners
104 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (57)romantic (49)neighborhood gem (31)good for groups (30)fit for foodies (29)notable wine list (21)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (6)hot spot (3)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (2)Show More
- OverpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014While the service was impeccable, I found this overpriced and pasta way under cooked. I get al dente but this was not acceptable. I did inform the wait staff and they replied they would inform the chef. Salad nothing special. Bread was fresh and hot. Not worth the price.Special Features:
- Don Vito'sJOYCEDined on 7/17/2014Don Vito's is a favorite restaurant with great service. Food is good with nice, large portions. This last time though I ordered Eggplant Parmesan and it was topped with way too much cheese, almost drowning out the eggplant. I would recommend the restaurant, nice atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistent.FayzieDined on 7/5/2014Don Vito's is always consistent in service and good quality food. We have been there many times and have never been disappointed. The Chilean Sea Bass is always excellent and the portion is much more than I can finish. Thsnks for making our 57th wedding anniversary a memorable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SusieDined on 7/5/2014I was a little disappointed because we had to wait too long for the entree. Also I stated that it was a birthday celebration and no one even commented on my husband's birthday. I was a little disappointed as we live near South Point and enjoy the restaurants. We are also card holders. Pam DreyerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatRayxDined on 6/29/2014great food, best service in town.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Outstanding RestaurantDeucesWildDined on 6/25/2014Don Vito's Restaurant located inside the South Point Casino is fantastic. Food is wonderful, staff is friendly. Special occasion dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for romanceLasVegasTransplantDined on 6/19/2014Don Vito's Italian restaurant is a great place to go for a special occasion. The food is terrific and the service is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful dinner experienceluv2dineVIPDined on 6/19/2014We met friends at don Vito while in Las vegas. We had the most wonderful dining experience with great food and service! Be sure to try this wonderful restaurant. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MisterGDined on 6/15/2014My family has been eating at Don Vito's for a few years now, usually for special occasions. We have never been dissapointed. The food and service are always excellent. We always look forward to going there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and service.MrAsherMaradDined on 6/13/2014We were treated perfectly. The good was excellent and the prices weren't terrible for what you get. This is a nice restaurant and I would highly recommend not taking kids there (not sure if they are even allowed). Expect about 30 bucks per person for an entrée.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An "A" overallRick0526VIPDined on 6/6/2014Don Vito's is a warm , comfortable restaurant with great food and top notch service. We were seated immediately and our drink orders were taken right away. The meal was delicious and very nicely presented. This is a lovely restaurant with a friendly and professional staff, and the prices are terrific!Special Features:
- Don Vito's, Great Vegas RestaurantJOYCEDined on 6/5/2014Don Vito's is a popular local Italian restaurant in Las Vegas. The service is impeccable, food is delicious and served in large portions, employees smile and are friendly. This is a place I would definitely recommend and hope tourists discover it as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 618 reviews are from the Don Vito's Italian - South Point Casino reviews archive.
- Don Vito's - Great DiningTermiteDined on 6/1/2014Our second meal here. Great food at a reasonable price; great atmosphere; wonderful service; extensive wine list to accommodate all pocketbooks. Nothing here not to like.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experience!pickydiner64Dined on 6/1/2014The food was fabulous and the wait staff were very friendly! We had a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant Dining ExperienceCentralCoastCADined on 6/1/2014Service was spot on and attentive, but not intrusive. I loved using Open Table to book a table, as we could enjoy the casino without worrying how long we would have to wait for a table. Will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placeHarveyVIPDined on 6/1/2014Wonderful staff. they take of everything.food was terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Italian GemJoAnneMK22Dined on 5/30/2014Our dinner was excellent. Food was hot and as we ordered. No mistakes. Waiter and bus boy attentive to our needs. Bottle of wine ordered off the wine list was good and affordable. As always, we will continue to dine here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable dining atmospherediningwithfriendsDined on 5/29/2014A group of us made reservations, very easy to make online. We were greeted and promptly taken to our table. The atmosphere was quiet which allowed our group to converse with one another without having to raise our voices or ask someone to repeat what was said. The service was incredible, never an empty glass, and the timing of each meal was spot on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- slow service,IzzyDined on 5/28/2014we were waiting over 20 minutes before the first attended shows up while the restaurant was approximately 15% occupied. one of our meal that we ordered was veal parmesan, the meat was to hard so we have to returned it back. the other meals was ok. it was my daughter 27 years old birthday dinner. we were company of four people. we had this meal veal parmesan in many other restaurant all over and it is totally different. we did not enjoy the evening sorrySpecial Features:
- Fantastic Restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/27/2014Had family visiting, wanted to go somewhere nice, this place was amazing! The service and food were outstanding. Will definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian Foodbobe0212Dined on 5/25/2014I was a little skeptical about a restaurant with a "cute" name attached to a casino well off the Las Vegas Strip, but it was convenient, so we gave it a try. We wound up having a very enjoyable meal in a quiet setting at a reasonable price. The food was delicious, the service was attentive but not intrusive, and the wine selection was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Ribeye SteaksBillVIPDined on 5/24/2014Don Vito's Italian Restaurant not only has great Italian food but also great steaks. We wanted to switch things up a little this visit to Don Vito's in the Southpoint Casino so we ordered their Ribeye chef special. The steaks were cooked to our liking, tender and delicious. One thing we cannot get away from is the coconut sorbet. We have it every time we dine at Don Vito's. It is so delightful to have Johnny as our server. He is professional and attentive. The manager and all the staff are friendly and accommodating - making our dining experience complete.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Italian RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/23/2014During our stay, we ate in the Venetian at an upscale Italian restaurant. It was nice ambiance but not great food. Last minute we decided to grab a reservation at Don Vito's. It was great service and yummy food.
- Great saladHalfsenseDined on 5/17/2014If you enjoy Gorgonzola cheese be sure to order the Gorgonzola, blue cheese and pear salad. It is large enough to easily share with one or two other people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/16/2014Can't wait to return!! This place is great and I would totally recommend it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don Vito's At The Southpoint CasinoJOYCEDined on 5/14/2014Don Vito's is consistently a wonderful restaurant. Good food, great service and nice atmosphere. Lately they raised their prices which was a surprise when we ate there last week. Some entrees do not warrant the higher prices.Special Features:
- All Good1HatTrickOutDined on 5/13/2014Everything was just great, except for my Espresso Rubbed Rib eye. The Stuffed Mushrooms were good, but we were not sure if one of the mushrooms had raw sausage in it. The shrimp app was off the hook. The Vegan pasta dish satisfied our most complicated guest. The Filet had no complaints. But the Rib Eye, it was so tough, I really had trouble just cutting it. I could not find an edible place on that steak. I always order Rib Eye steak because I know that because of the marbling, I will have a tasty tender cut. Fortunately for us, we were all full from the apps, and bread. The server noticed I had not eaten the steak, and offered to fix it. I assured him that we were all full anyway. Bottom line, good food, good service, and a terrible steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's DaygrippDined on 5/11/2014The whole day was great and then the evening dinner topped if offSpecial Features:
- A casino gemexplorerDined on 5/10/2014Service was fantastic since there was a server and a clean up person. Food arrived very hot and the presentation and quantity was very good. Excellent usage of fresh ingredients like broccoli rabe. Not a huge menu but there were many unique dishes the I have only seen at this restaurant. Waiter kept checking to see if we were happy with food, etc. I would suggest reservaions as it is very busy at times.Special Features:
- Don Vito's ExperienceMsCullyPegasus77Dined on 5/10/2014My Wife and I had a great time. We got the private booth we requested.Glen our waiter did a great job.I told him it was my wife's birthday and he surprise her with a birthday cake.We will be back in june for two nights,see you then. Michael and Susan CullitanSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticvegaspilotDined on 5/3/2014Great dinning experience from the moment you walk in the front door till you leave. Food is authentic and a true experience. Service it top notch. I highly recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedSuzanneDined on 4/30/2014My husband and I ate at Don Vito's twice during our six night stay at SouthPoint. We were so impressed the first time, we brought my sister to join us the second time. We would highly recommend eating there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bad experience.StreaklessDined on 4/29/2014I ordered a filet. It had a terrible sauce on it. I didn't want it butterflied. Took a bite and that was it. Waitress told me it would take a half-hour for another one.
- W-E-L-L...Bece2Dined on 4/26/2014AMBIENCE-3- OK, curved booths along wall. NOISE-2- SERVICE-2- my 1st drink, average wait time. Remaining table guest- slow drinks, multiple wait people (seemed like one for water, one for menu's, one for completion of table set up for 4 people & they still forgot the two extra bread plates, one to PICK UP the menu's BEFORE we placed our order, then finally the REAL WAITER FOOD-2- I had Vegan Pasta -ok. My (Italian) niece ordered Spag / Meatballs. The meatballs were like cornmeal / pink color-GROSS. She asked the waiter 'WHAT' kind of meat are these??? He said, "Lots of people ask -& IF THEY ARE COOKED,the 'one you are eating is veal" said like more of a question than a statement. Not on my "Return list".
- great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/24/2014Overall experience was fantastic. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and servieOrdersDined on 4/24/2014I definitely would return to try more dishes. It's very relaxing and great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining ExperiencealhlvstoeatoutDined on 4/22/2014Our party of four was seated immediately. When I made my reservations on Open Table I requested a table instead of a booth and they listened. I informed them it was my husbands 76th birthday and they acknowledge it with a delicious cake. Our waiter and his assistant were very attentive and made sure we had everything we needed for our dining experience. I requested a chicken dish fixed different than what was on their menu and they accommodated me, no problem. To me, that shows they are a good restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must eat restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/20/2014We were very impressed with the food,wine and the dessert. We have eaten at Don Vito's many times and were not disappointed as usual. Service was good as it always is. We will continue to celebrate special occasions there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent for a casino restaurantKittensDined on 4/13/2014Food was very good through all the courses. The bread with a roasted garlic bruschetta was a great way to start the meal. The wine list was very nice and priced within reason. We had the appetizer of Fried Artichokes, they were done just right. Our Caesars salad was prepared perfectly and arrived on time. Our main courses were the bacon wrapped scallops which were excellent but the gnocchi were too doughy. They were a disappointment. Deserts were superb as was the after dinner coffees and ports. Because it was our anniversary, the served us 2 flutes of Proscecco. Nice touch. Our service was superb.I would recommend this to a friend.
- We enjoy the food and serviceWonderfulDined on 4/5/2014We enjoy the food and service every time we eat there. It's outstanding in all aspects.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.