Delia's Mediterranean Grill & Brick Oven Pizza
209 Swamp Fox Road
Alexandria, VA 22314Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
Delia's Mediterranean Grill & Brick Oven Pizza
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.deliasbrickovenpizza.com/
- Phone: 7033290006x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Sunday: 12:00pm - 9:30pm, Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean, Greek
- Executive Chef: George Theodorou
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Delia's is proud of its 33-year history of quality food, superior staff and attention to detail to make your catered event successful and memorable!
Whether an intimate dinner, a business luncheon, birthday party, or an elegant wedding reception, we stand ready to make your occasion every bit the success that you intend it to be!
For Pricing, Catering Menu Options & Information: Vicky - 202-630-3122
- Private Party Facilities: Comfortable. Refreshing.
Experience the enjoyment of private dining at Delia's and treat your special guests to unforgettable dining for your next family celebration, business gathering, or anything in between.
Delia's Catering Division can also accomodate any of your off-premise catering needs.
- Private Party Contact: Kari Ottaviano 7033290006x
- Special Events: Call Vicky @ 202-630-3122 for reservations of 15 or more.
A word from Delia's Mediterranean Grill & Brick Oven Pizza
Delia's is an upscale casual Mediterranean Restaurant featuring updated versions of Mediterranean classics & Award Winning Brick Oven Pizza.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerMediterranean
Delia's Mediterranean Grill & Brick Oven Pizza - Best Restaurants in Alexandria ›
Delia's Mediterranean Grill & Brick Oven Pizza reviews from OpenTable diners
34 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (17)great for lunch (14)good for groups (12)fit for foodies (10)great for outdoor dining (9)notable wine list (5)kid-friendly (5)vibrant bar scene (3)special occasion (3)hot spot (3)romantic (3)late-night find (2)Show More
- Can't Go WrongOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 6/21/2013Delia's is one of my faves, the food is always fresh and very well prepared, with generous portions...and the service is excellent in this second generation family restaurant group. Try the traditional Greek dishes, pizzas, salads and pasta entrees are some of the best in the area. I dine at Delias frequently with clients for lunch and dinner, and with family and friends when entertaining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodpsu17Dined on 6/14/2013This was a good place, and the food was impressive. Very accommodating to someone in our group who required gluten-free food. Would definitely recommend it.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great TimeBirthdayGirlDined on 6/14/2013We went to celebrate a friend's birthday and the food was incredible. The waitress was really nice, would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thumbs UpRQXperienceDined on 5/28/2013Special occasion dinner for wifey...she loved the place,food & service... brownie points for me, nuff said :)Special Features:
- Nice findThomVIPDined on 5/22/2013Perhaps not authentic Mediterranean fare, but the food was well prepared and very tasty. It was very noisy inside, but we were able to get a table on the patio and it was a nice evening. We enjoyed our dinner and the waiter was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReliableAmantediTavolaVIPDined on 5/2/2013Always a good choice. The warm squid appetizer was a revelation -- a jumble of things but all worked well together, especially the confited lemon peel. Octopus was a bit dry and crumbly this time, tho, as if cooked in advance and then grilled. Good flavor but weird texture. Dinner salads were topped with a very generous serving of gyros meat. Just wish the wines available by the glass were more interesing and extensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My sister and I frequent Delia'sbrowncurlzDined on 4/24/2013My sister and I frequent Delia's because the flavors are so good! Our server was just as nice as could be, very attentive. He was knowledgable on gluten free items, which I appreciated. But I wish the menu denoted them as such. The mussels in marinara sauce were SO good! My sister enjoyed her perfectly cooked salmon.Special Features:
- Great food, nice atmosphere,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/13/2013Great food, nice atmosphere, we consistently go here and have always had a good experience (but i wouldn't recommend the steak-too fatty here).Special Features:
- Hostess was a little rude.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/22/2013Hostess was a little rude. But everything else was great. We went for dinner with an out of town guest and it was the perfect place for people with different eating requirements as we had a few vegetarians. The restaurants frier wasn't working but we tried some other great appetizers including the fresh mozzarella with tomato and basil which was yum. The pita served as a starter tasted fresh and warm. The meals were delicious as well. I would definitely come back to explore the rest of the menuSpecial Features:
- First time there. Good locationOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/19/2013First time there. Good location off Metro and near AMC theaters. Wood fired pizza outstanding. House dressing for greek salad sweet, but bland. Pita bread warm up with olive tamponade very good. Will return?Special Features:
- Greeting not very welcomingTopOnePercentDined on 3/16/2013Greeting not very welcoming but our server was good. The food was very good. I would return to try some of the other dishes.Special Features:
- We always eat at Delia's forAshleyVIPDined on 3/7/2013We always eat at Delia's for our movie date night. It is right across the movie theater so it is super convenient. The Pizza Knuckles are the most amazing thing. Our favorite entrees are the pizza and gyros. Great variety of food. The cocktails are also a must.Special Features:
- Good for business!JLSfromMississippiDined on 3/6/2013Ate there twice this week for business. Was not disappointed.Special Features:
- Everytime we go, we are neverOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/4/2013Everytime we go, we are never disappointed. great food, great service!Special Features:
- Great nightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/23/2013Second visit and it was wonderful!! Dina treated us excellent as in the first time. Had pizza this time and it's out of this world!!!Special Features:
- We had a pleasant dinner withsizialDined on 2/23/2013We had a pleasant dinner with very good service. Delia's has a good selection and we particularly enjoyed the pita with dips, and various pastas we ordered. Tiramisu was very sweet, but still good and very good baklava. We'd go back again.Special Features:
- Good for a quick biteOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/22/2013The restaurant it ok, but nothing special. We enjoyed the food, but the service is almost over the top. They are constantly over asking what you need, it can be overwhelming. However, we have gone twice, and both times the food was good. Very convenient to metro and movie theatre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was outstanding. FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 2/16/2013Service was outstanding. Food was very excellent too. I would go back to try other items from the menu.Special Features:
- Wonderful first experience!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/16/2013The best part of our dinner was the service... thank you Dina!!! Food was great and will definetly go back.Special Features:
- Great Choice...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013Went to Delia's on Valentines Day (2013). I made a reservation, so we had no wait time. This was our second visit, so we were familiar with the location and restaurant. It's located right across from the Hoffman movie theather, if you're familar with the area. The appetizer was delicious (humus, spiced feta cheese and pita bread), the main course was good (I had 1/2 chicken (nicely seasoned) w/ mashed potatoes (just ok), asparagus (pefectly cooked). My husband enjoyed his beef ribs, I believe. The dessert was small, but absolutely delicious - some kind of chocolate cake-like thing with melted chocolate in the middle. Our waiter was wonderful. Would definitely go back, and recommend to others.Special Features:
- This was my 2nd time. UnfortunatelyTrishDined on 2/8/2013This was my 2nd time. Unfortunately this time the food was not that great. The fried calamari were a bit chewy, and both our pasta entrees were really heavy and oily. Since it is so convenient to the theatre I will most likely go back, giving their pizza and salads a try.
- Great food. Fun bar goodgoldilocksVIPDined on 2/2/2013Great food. Fun bar good recommendation from serversSpecial Features:
- The food and service wereOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/1/2013The food and service were fabulous. The only drawback was the table was right in front of the door. It was Friday night and the restaurant is popular. And the outside temp was in the 20's. every time that door opened it was miserable.
- I would highly recommend Delia's.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/19/2013I would highly recommend Delia's. We decided we wanted to eat close to the Hoffman Theater. I went online to check reviews for restarurants. Delia's had some good reviews. We were not disapointed. We went with another couple. To start, our waiter, Alex, was outstanding. He came to see if we wanted a drink immediately upon our arrival. He answered all of our questions. He was attentive but not overly so. One of the group is very particular and she was very satisfied with Alex and the food.I chose the Market Fish dish and it was excellent. Two others chose the 14oz. steak dish. I cannot remember the name. It had a delicious sauce. The other friend chose pizza. He was very satisfied. He considers himself an Italian Chef.Special Features:
- Simple done rightPatSVIPDined on 1/15/2013Sometimes you just want simple food, done very well, a nice drink, attentive service, and a comfortable table, at a good price. If that is what you desire, this is the place. The mix of Italian and Greek is not new but Delia's has hit that perfect balance. We had pasta, and sovlaki, both done exceptionally well. Everything was fresh and flavorful. This is truly a find that we will revisit again and again.Special Features:
- Food still amazingstillhopefulVIPDined on 1/5/2013This is my second review of Delia's in a couple of years. I have always enjoyed Delia's for the food, drinks and location (next to movie theater). Awhile back, service was a little spotty. However, this time I am happy to report that nearly every aspect of my visit was perfect, and the food, as usual, was wonderful! I took my mom out for dinner and a movie,made reservations , and arrived 10 minutes early. we were greeted and seated immediately. Unfortunately we were seated at probably the worst table in the house, a tiny 2 top in the middle of a crowded back dining room, BUT, despite my first reaction, everything after that was superb. The service and the food were great, the wine was perfect. I will be back very soon!!!Special Features:
- I love this restaurant! GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/28/2012I love this restaurant! Great food and great service!Special Features:
- Always GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/25/2012We have been going for years and have NEVER been dissatisfied w/ food or service. Excelent for "dinner and a movie".Special Features:
- Good food and family friendly.BessDined on 12/25/2012Good food and family friendly. We always enjoy our meals at Delia's.Special Features:
- We had a fantastic experience.JimNDined on 12/15/2012We had a fantastic experience. The service was tremendous! The pizza was as good as it gets.Special Features:
- One our favorites for outOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/9/2012One our favorites for out of town guests. Delicious, consistent food. Great service. It was a Sunday, night, so it was quiet, but the place gets busy on Friday and Saturday night. When it is busy, the service is not as personal, but haven't been disappointed yet.Special Features:
- Neighborhood TreatDavandenDined on 12/2/2012Delia's has a good combination of entrees and pizza, depending on what you're looking for. It has a pretty good beer list. The location is handy, by Eisenhower Avenue on the Yellow line, and just a few feet from the Hofmann AMC theater.Special Features:
- The fig pizza is my fav.BollydollyDined on 11/28/2012The fig pizza is my fav. Wish the salad dressing was a little less watery. Service was attentive while not hovering. We were going to order a glass of wine each and the server told us it would be the same price to get a bottle of wine. That was appreciated.
- Right across from Hoffmann'sTrishDined on 11/15/2012Right across from Hoffmann's Theatre in Alexandria, it was a great choice to have dinner and a drink (or two) after a movie.Special Features:
- Great food and service asOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/15/2012Great food and service as always. I only wish they had sat us in a booth. Instead we were at a table near the door and were right next to the other tables, so it was very noisy.Special Features:
- A Sure ThingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/10/2012You can't go wrong at Delia's. They have the best pizza in Alexandria. Their entrees are also exceptional. Highly recommend the Greek Salad with Gyro, Lamb Chops, Ziti and Pollo Francese. The Greek roasted potatoes are divine. Service is always good. Make a reservation.Special Features:
- Generally a DelightOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/27/2012Last visit was not good - but is the exception to what is generally a delightful place. One thing to watch out for is ordering wines - they have listed great vintages but then bring a wine that is one or two years younger and fein surprise. This is a classic bait and switch - some of their wines they ask the 07 price and deliver an 09 bottle that would sell for considerably less....
- Our server was really friendly.JPK2011Dined on 10/6/2012Our server was really friendly. The food was good and seasoned very well. Will come back again. Great spot to go to before or after you catch a movie.Special Features:
- Delia's has become my favoriteDCWineLoverVIPDined on 10/2/2012Delia's has become my favorite "first date" place...Special Features:
- Do not overlook this gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/15/2012The food is just terrific. Great place to enjoy a fresh and flavorful meal. The menu is diverse but delicious. The waitstaff is helpful in making recommendations if you need direction. One of the best caprese salads I've ever had!Special Features: