Delia's Mediterranean Grill & Brick Oven Pizza
209 Swamp Fox Road
Alexandria, VA 22314Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
Delia's Mediterranean Grill & Brick Oven Pizza
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.deliasbrickovenpizza.com/
- Phone: 7033290006x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Sunday: 12:00pm - 9:30pm, Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean, Greek
- Executive Chef: George Theodorou
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Delia's is proud of its 33-year history of quality food, superior staff and attention to detail to make your catered event successful and memorable!
Whether an intimate dinner, a business luncheon, birthday party, or an elegant wedding reception, we stand ready to make your occasion every bit the success that you intend it to be!
For Pricing, Catering Menu Options & Information: Vicky - 202-630-3122
- Private Party Facilities: Comfortable. Refreshing.
Experience the enjoyment of private dining at Delia's and treat your special guests to unforgettable dining for your next family celebration, business gathering, or anything in between.
Delia's Catering Division can also accomodate any of your off-premise catering needs.
- Private Party Contact: Kari Ottaviano 7033290006x
- Special Events: Call Vicky @ 202-630-3122 for reservations of 15 or more.
A word from Delia's Mediterranean Grill & Brick Oven Pizza
Delia's is an upscale casual Mediterranean Restaurant featuring updated versions of Mediterranean classics & Award Winning Brick Oven Pizza.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Delia's Mediterranean Grill & Brick Oven Pizza reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (15)good for groups (12)fit for foodies (11)great for outdoor dining (10)great for lunch (8)romantic (4)notable wine list (3)late-night find (3)special occasion (3)kid-friendly (3)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Good pizza. The food is alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/8/2014Good pizza. The food is always good there and it seems to always be crowded, so I was happy that we had a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never Disappointed!LovesMedFoodDined on 1/26/2014Every time I come here, my friends and I are never disappointed. The food is always delish. And my favorite is always the Pollo Franchese - it reminds me of the best dish I've ever tasted on holiday in the south of France in a little town called Eze. I could eat that chicken with the lemon and the capers ALL DAY EVERYDAY!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best dining spot at AMCsamdeeVIPDined on 1/24/2014The best dining spot at AMC Hoffman Center to get great food and service and catch a show when you are in a hurry. Menu is very varied so there is something for everyone and a great selection of wines and beers to choose from. Make sure you try one of the greek specialities as they are wonderful and the flavors transport you back to Greece. You won't go wrong with a dining experience at Delia's!Special Features:
- Dinner and a movieDinetteVIPDined on 1/19/2014Great food. Great service. Great location ... directly across the street from the Hoffman Theater ... convenient for dining before or after a movie.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't let the location fool youOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/14/2014Although just across the street from a multiplex theater, this is no insipid chain restaurant. The food is interesting and delicious, full of complex flavors. I've never tried the pizza, but I can vouch for the tastiness of the zucchini fritters, hummus, haloumi crostini, porcini agnolotti (my wife's favorite), steak salad, moussaka, mini gyros, and salmon. Delia's is as good a restaurant as some of my gavorites on King Street, but much easier to get into without a long wait, even on weekends. The cocktail menu is terrific too, especially for those who like their drinks on the fruitier side (the ice wine martini and the pomegranite sangria are two favorites).Special Features:
- Great Neighborhood Findrobert253VIPDined on 1/10/2014The food is excellent at this restaurant, particularly for a place located in a strip mall. I have eaten here several times before and after movies and the food is always terrific. The service is very hospitable and the ambiance is fine. A good wine list and wonderful appetizers. A great neighborhood find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner and a MoviePinksDined on 1/4/2014Convenient dinner spot before going to the movies. Food was good, service was good. We had the pizza knuckles and they were delicious. My husband had one of Delia's signature chicken/pasta dishes and liked it. I made a poor choice in the salad department, but otherwise had a tasty dinner.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/4/2014I was pleasantly surprised by the food and portion size! Seems as if most restaurants these days charge an arm and a leg for microscopic food. Delia’s did not do that. Received a fairly large portion of food, which again was a nice surprise. The service was okay....the server could have been more attentive (or at least wished my husband happy birthday as I had made that note when reserving the restaurant). Overall, a solid B experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Mediterranean CuisineRUTOYDined on 1/1/2014This was our first time to Delia's and we loved it! The service was great and the food was delicious. I ordered the gyro platter and the lamb was seasoned perfectly and was very tender. It was atop of lettuce and tsatziki and potatoes. Great portion that was very satisfying even for me(I can put down food:)) My wife got the tomato caprese salad and it was very good as well! The service was very friendly and very quick! I'd definitely recommend this to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delia's is a great place!MelissaVIPDined on 12/29/2013Service and food are excellent. I highly recommend the grilled octopus appetizer. Reservations, a must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent food near Hoffman theatersOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 12/26/2013Second time there. First time wowed me. This time disappointed. Salmon a little over cooked & swimming in lemon butter sauce. Wine over priced for bottle, but still fair food for proximity to movie theater.I would recommend this to a friend.
- pizza?RoyHDined on 12/25/2013Never expected such great food and service that also serves pizza. I had the steak special and my wife the fish special. Both were fantasticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good After Concert StopDavandenDined on 12/14/2013My wife and I dined at Delia's after attending a concert at the Folger downtown. Its location next to the Huntington metro station makes it convenient for anyone traveling on the Yellow Line. The service was very attentive, with good explanations of the dishes and specials. We had the entrees this time, although we can also recommend the pizzas. There is an extensive beer list, although it is all in bottles.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was not good. The vodkaJereDined on 12/14/2013Food was not good. The vodka sauce seemed like cheese wiz.
- There needs to be somethingmckaygirlsVIPDined on 12/13/2013There needs to be something done about the freezing air that blows in each time someone enters the restraunts. Many of the tables are aligned to receive that air and it makes for a way too brisk experience. Otherwise, we like this place very much.
- Great place with great friendsMSP1977VIPDined on 12/7/2013We made a reservation on open table for an early dinner for 4. The restaurant was pretty full, but we were seated immediately and had a fantastic meal! Great drinks too! The location (directly across from the Hoffman Center movie theatre doesn't have great views or anything and parking can be a challenge, but you can walk from Old Town and the Eisenhower St. Metro. Give it a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consider it againCicipDined on 12/6/2013Fish special was very greasy, did not expect everything fried, but the polenta, asparagus ,fish ,... All was fried. Also sauce was bland. Pizza was tasty, but very salty olives on them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I arrived about 20 minutesDiner73Dined on 11/19/2013I arrived about 20 minutes ahead of my husband. After I received a glass of water, I wanted to move to wine and order a few items ahead, as we were going to a movie. I tried waving at my server and saying excuse me when he passed by but it took nearly 10 minutes to get his attention. As soon as my husband arrived, the attentiveness improved. The food made up for the slip up early on - the grilled octopus was lovely.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with FriendsDanaDined on 11/4/2013Delia's food is very tasty. A consistently good restaurant competitively priced. The staff is friendly, attentive, and helpful. Before I forget, the pizzas are delicious-- very light crusts. The four cheeses pizza with pepperoni is to die for. It comforts the soul.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food and a nice night outPSUDanoVIPDined on 11/1/2013My wife and I enjoy a "just the two of us" night out at Delia's Mediterranean. Started with nice glasses of Pinot Grigio and Sauvignon Blanc. I do recommend Delia's go beyond the extensive bottle beer selection and install some beer taps--lots of nice micro brews would have gone very well with the pizza knuckles--a very good appetizer. I chose the Swordfish--excellent preparation and seasonings. My wife chose the Seafood Asparagi--also very good. Service was prompt, pleasant and very available. A nicely priced Oregon Pinot Gris added to an overall winning experience.Special Features:
- A not so good experienceWIlliamVIPDined on 10/29/2013The menu is a Mediterranean mix and good however service is like in a fast food restaurant.....Special Features:
- Good food, good serviceRoseDined on 10/18/2013Lunch meeting; service was professional and quick. Food was high quality for a suburban lunch/dinner spot. Salads and pastas are excellent and fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Consistent Fine!PaulaVIPDined on 10/12/2013I've been here a few times and I've never been disappointed. The meals (lunch & dinner) have always been freshly prepared and flavorful. Friday and Saturday nights get crowded so make a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Dining!KellyDined on 10/5/2013My husband and I really enjoyed our date night and this was my first time having Mediterranean food and it was really good. The atmosphere was nice and the waitress was very pleasant. We will definitely be visiting again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love Delia's. It's small,YdaisiesVIPDined on 10/4/2013I love Delia's. It's small, intimate and the food is incredible. We tried a new appetizer - the octopus...just delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect mealJohnnyDined on 10/1/2013Love this place. I go for lunch during work or a nice dinner with my wife or friends. Always bring visiting family to fine here. Well trained staff, very tasty food, and well played dishes. I'll keep coming back as long as the quality remains this high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodJmpmstr94Dined on 9/7/2013We have seen this place a couple times and wondered about it, so we finally went for dinner. Menu was great, creative, not just standard med food. There was some really interesting items on the menu. Food was very well prepared and generous portions. We will definitely be going again.Special Features:
- Didn't meet expectationsIndianFoodieVIPDined on 9/6/2013A very nice Walnut and Gorgonzola Salad as appetizer was followed by Panini which was cold in the center (not grilled long enough) and a dish described as Lamb Shwarma which bore no resemblance at all to a shwarma and which had so much seasoning and raisins added that the flavor of lamb was completely overwhelmed. It tasted as if the chef didn't quite know a shwarma from a tagine... The waiter was informed about our dissatisfaction with the "shwarma" but apparently didn't inform his manager and no adjustment was made to the bill. We had to engage the waiter again about the unacceptable "shwarma" before it was taken off the bill. We were very disappointed in Delia's Mediterranean Grill & Brick Oven Pizza.
- Much better, more creative,OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/1/2013Much better, more creative, and interesting food than you'd expect to find in a strip mall across the street from a multiplex theater. Pizza, pasta, and Mediterranean food from Cyprus. My family's favorites are the zucchini fritters, the crostini with halloumi (a Cypriot cheese) and apricot, the baked agnolloti pasta with porcini mushrooms (such a rich flavor), and the mossaka with bechamel. They also do very nice steaks. Don't miss the many fruity cocktails, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/31/2013My husband and I sort of stumbled upon this restaurant while doing a staycation in Old Town. It was listed on the hotel's web site so we decided to give a try. We love authentic food and this exceeded our expectation. IT was fresh, flavorful and served well. The prices are reasonable. We both needed a doggy bag and even when reheated it was still fresh and delicious. Try the 1/2 chicken, you won't be disappointed. Can't wait to get back to try the lamb chops!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable ChoiceAmantediTavolaVIPDined on 8/29/2013Food and service consistently good. Amazing amount of meat on gyro platter -- much better than the usual versions, tender and juicy. Octopus and zucchini appetizers were delicious.Special Features:
- Great Evening at Delia'sOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/24/2013The food is always great at Delia's. If you love mediterranean food and homemade brickhouse pizza, this is the place for you. Everyone can find a special dish they'd love at Delia's. This is my go to restaurant prior and after any movies at the Hoffman theater. Delia's ensures I stay on track with healthy food selection.Special Features:
- Never disappoints!OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/17/2013Considering that the AMC Hoffman theatre is kind of stuck in the middle of nowhere, it's great that there's a restaurant like Delia's practically next door. The food is good, prices are moderate and the quality is consistent. Our group of five had a terrific waiter on our most recent visit. I will return again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Pizza...MikeandLoVIPDined on 8/10/2013Although there are many other entrees that look good, we chose the pizza. It was excellent and we look forward to trying some of the other dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Left hungryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2013Salad greens were warm...little mozzarella on the salad...a couple of grape tomatoes...$10...not a good value. I left the restaurant feeling hungry and disappointed. From the menu description, I expected the usual sliced tomatoes, sliced tomatoes on a bed of lettuce. when my food arrived, I was sure it was the wrong item.
- Always Good!FoodLoverDined on 8/8/2013Delia's does not disappoint! I have been there several times and the food and service have always been very good. It is my "go-to" restaurant for every occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delia’s-fine Hoffman Center choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/1/2013Delia’s is not really a “destination” restaurant. but a fine choice for those in the neighborhood or catching a movie at the AMC Theatre across the way. The food is tasty and well prepared, with good variety of choices offered. Pizza is very good. Prices in line with value delivered. Service is consistently good, with waitpersons attentive, but not intrusive, and friendly. Booths are good seating choices for 4 or fewer; some tables are set closer to one other than I prefer. Outdoor seating is provided. Atmosphere casual. My wife and I come here every month or 2 and will continue to do so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner before a movieOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/30/2013A friend and I met here before our movie for drinks and apps. The food was great and the service was terrific. It was quiet on a Tuesday night so we had not trouble sitting outside. Our server was really fun and attentive. I would definitely recommend this for a before/after movie stop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High quality delicious food2PagirlsDined on 7/27/2013Hidden in an Alexandrian strip mall near the huge movie theatre is food heaven Delia's manager chefs and staff should be applauded loudly for their excellence in all aspects of providing excellent food service and reasonable prices in a highly competitive restaurant business. I would highly suggest it and if I am ever in a 30 mile radius again I will make it a point to get there without a doubt. I Loved the scallops the rose sauce the hummus just everything Only tip if this is your first time there is ask for a booth and make reservations! I am not a fan of tables immediately adjacent to each other but if your a local and looking for a great mid week dinner that would be fine as well . I will dream about this food that's how good it is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic service and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/20/2013As tourists we did not know what to expect from a restaurant in a mall across from a movie complex. What a surprise. The food is great Mediterranean and Italian with superb seafood and pizza. The hummus assortment was great. I loved the pizza and the grouper special and rack of lamb were very tasty. Alexandr was our server and was the best I have had in years. The service was fantastic from the whole team. This is a find. If I lived here I would be there frequently.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.