McCoole's Red Lion Inn
4 South Main Street
Quakertown, PA 18951Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
McCoole's Red Lion Inn
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mccoolesredlioninn.com/
- Phone: 2155381776
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday: 11:30am - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:30am - 12:00pm, Sunday: 11:30am - 9:00pm; Happy Hour: Tuesday - Thursday 4-6pm, Fridays 4-6 & 9-11, Saturdays 3-5 & 9-11, Sundays 3-5pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Dan Orr
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please call the restaurant for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Jan Hench 2155381779
- Entertainment: McCoole's has live music for dinner entertainment on Friday and Saturday. Trivia every Tuesday in the bar from 8-10pm. Visit mccoolesredlioninn.com for complete entertainment schedule.
- Cross Street: Broad Street
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: For your convenience McCoole's has establised three designated areas for parking: Take advantage of our newly paved parking lot located behind the restaurant. There is a large lot located at McCoole's Arts and Events place next to the restaurant. The Quakertown Historical Society offers parking for McCoole's patrons located one block from the restaurant on North Main Street.
A word from McCoole's Red Lion Inn
Upscale Atmosphere For a Working Person's Wallet. As a historic building in Quakertown, McCoole's encompasses historical elegance with casual comfort. Seating available in the Main Dining Room, Martini Lounge & in the Bar. Come enjoy a little history in an eclectic atmosphere, with great food at a great price!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
McCoole's Red Lion Inn - Best Restaurants in Quakertown ›
McCoole's Red Lion Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
76 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (48)great for outdoor dining (35)great for lunch (28)good for groups (27)special occasion (27)romantic (20)fit for foodies (20)hot spot (13)great for brunch (12)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (6)vibrant bar scene (5)scenic view (5)notable wine list (2)Show More
- Great service and excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/9/2010Great service and excellent food. A beautiful and unique restuarant . Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Delicious, good service andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/7/2010Delicious, good service and affordable. Had a very enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- I loved it at McCooles andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/2/2010I loved it at McCooles and really cannot give it enough kudos. In my opinion, it needs a 5 star rating. Yes, it's really that special!!Special Features:
- Good food, it was nicely decoratedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/26/2010Good food, it was nicely decorated and had a homey pub feel.Special Features:
- We were seated in the barOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/19/2010We were seated in the bar area which was much too noisy and could hardly carry on a conversation. Otherwise the service and food was very good.
- McCoole's is such a nice place.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/19/2010McCoole's is such a nice place. The inside is beautifully restored to remind you of the Inn that it was originally. The food is varied, from burgers to entrees, and the beer selection is good. Our waitress was friendly and available when needed and the food was great and reasonably priced.Special Features:
- Despite the busy time (St.OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 3/17/2010Despite the busy time (St. Patricks Day), our service was great. As far as food, we've been there before with their regular menu and the food is average. This particular evening, they had a St. Patrick's Day special menu and the food was very, very good. As I said, normally, the food is average but the atmosphere and service are always incredible (as well as their alcoholic drink selection).Special Features:
- Great experience, even forOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/13/2010Great experience, even for locals. The older lady on the piano was very good ! Food was tops for the generous price. We will return, Thank You !!Special Features:
- It is a nice dinner. The PianoOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/13/2010It is a nice dinner. The Piano player was great and the service was very good. Everyone was friendly and helpful. The food was good and they provided a sufficient serving.Special Features:
- Food was a bit slow to arrive,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/12/2010Food was a bit slow to arrive, but the portions were plenty, and the meal was outstanding. Great atmosphere, there was live music in the dining area that was good and suitable, but just a tad too loud for dinner... I'm very glad my table was not as close to the live entertainment as other tables were.Special Features:
- Everything was great. TheyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/6/2010Everything was great. They can be slow at times, but we let them know we needed to make the play next door and they were very accomodating to get us done in time.Special Features:
- We had a party of five people.scarletbegoniasDined on 3/3/2010We had a party of five people. Everyone had a different entree, and we were all very pleased with the quality and taste. The salads, lobster bisque soup and appetizers were very good. Three people had to take half of their dinners home because the portions were large. The dessert of the day was peach cobbler with ice cream, was large enough to share, and it was home made delicious!Special Features:
- I love this place. The foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/27/2010I love this place. The food was great, atmosphere is awesome, prices are reasonable. Great dining experience no matter what the occassion. The server was very nice. We were able to relax and enjoy our dinner and we were not rushed. The piano player was a great addition to a great dining experience. Only thing that I did not like is the dining area that we were seated in is near the entrance/exit, it was very cold! First table we sat at my feeet were getting numb before I got my first drink. We were able to get another table, we were still cold but not as bad. Recommend making reservations early and requesting the main dining area.Special Features:
- A good friend highly recommendedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/27/2010A good friend highly recommended McCoole's to me. I had been driving past it for years but never went in until this past weekend. What a great recommendation! Our server, Krista, was fantastic! She was very friendly, super quick, & just the right amount of attentive! The food was delicious w/ large portions. I went to McCoole's w/ 2 friends for "girls' night" and we thoroughly enjoyed our experience! The only damper on the evening is that when one of my friends asked the hostess if she could refill her water glass, she took the glass & came back 5 mins later (empty-handed) & asked us to vacate our table because other guests were waiting to sit down. We obliged but felt the rude undertones were highly unprofessional.Special Features:
- Food was great. Service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/26/2010Food was great. Service was lacking. Server had an annoyed attitude and not much speed. She ended the evening with messing up the check and ringing up my card twice. The gift certificate we used towards the bill came with a 20% gratuity stipulation so the tip did not reflect the service.
- Extensive menu with mostlyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/20/2010Extensive menu with mostly american dishes, meatloaf,liver,chicken, burgers however they also offer specials which were very good,cajun catfish, blackened TBone,jumbalya. Something for everyone with moderate prices. Excellent for family dinner etc.
- Had a reservation for 8 onOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2010Had a reservation for 8 on Valentine's Day didn't get seated until close to 8:40. This place is always running late, but the service is very friendly even if it is slow. Just make sure you don't show up starving or in a hurry. It's worth the wait.Special Features:
- Greeting at the door was great,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2010Greeting at the door was great, we were quickly placed in our table. The waitress was very attentive and knowledgeable. Service was super. We were not rushed to get out, even tough it was a busy day (Feb 14). Food was prepared as requested and it was delicious. It has not lost its great service quality. Will definitely be coming back soon.Special Features:
- Our first time there for aOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/13/2010Our first time there for a nice Valentines dinner without the kids. The food was amazing, the atmosphere was great. Our waitress was a little confusing, and when we asked about food items, she said she never tried it, therefore was not much help. All in all, a great place, and we will certainly go back!
- Interesting historic restaurantFoodbuffDined on 2/13/2010Interesting historic restaurant with great food and ambiance. However was seated next to door so dining experience could have been better with less noise and the cold draft from outside. Next time will ask for table closer to piano player.
- My husband and I dined thereOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/13/2010My husband and I dined there on the night before Valentine's Day. The entire place was jammed. The service, from the minute we entered the door to the minute we left was impeccable! The waitress treated us as though we were her only customers - she couldn't do enough for us. The food was amazing! And the prices were not elevated because it was a holiday - much to our surprize! We have eaten there before, and in fact we just had my husband's 60th birthday party there a year and a half ago and that was fantastic also. Jan does a fabulous job running the restaurant, and we most definitly will be return customers!!Special Features:
- Enjoyed another great eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/13/2010Enjoyed another great evening at McCooles, within the past few years it has become me and my wifes "anniversary" spot, and with the theater house next door, we have attended 2 of the comedy shows after dinner. Its nice to know there is a place close to home that is of the above average restaurant. I could talk it up alot though I suggest you go there for yourself, if how busy they are show how great of a restaurant they are the food will give it away, and not just the dinner the soups and deserts are amazing also. Thanks for the ease of the online reservation Knowing all went smooth this time will give me the confidence to use opentable.com againSpecial Features:
- Great ambiance!! Love theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/6/2010Great ambiance!! Love the old building and all the antiques!!!
- The food was good. They needOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/31/2010The food was good. They need to do something about the size of the bar tables or remove one. There are 3 on the one side, and if you are unlucky enough to get the one in the middle when people are at the other two...good luck. You can barely squeeze through to get to the chairs, then there is no room for you to sit. That middle table has to go, or they need to get smaller high tops. Something. Other than that, the waitress was a bit crabby. Despite this somewhat bad review, I want to still give it another chance, just a table in the dining area.
- Great place... I can't believeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/30/2010Great place... I can't believe I've waited this long to try them out. Great food, great atmosphere. A lot of fun and reasonably priced. We'll be back with our friends.Special Features:
- bad, bad service, if it wasn'tOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/29/2010bad, bad service, if it wasn't for the decent food, we would of walked out!! had resrv. for 6:30, had to wait a hour!! was seated not in dining room, but at outside wall, very cold!! then the waitress dumped water and beer on our table, my daughters boyfriend was soaked. took forever to clean up, if you want to call it that, left alot of water on the floor, took 5 minutes to get our table cleared from ice and water!! it was like the waitress didn't care!! instead of getting a bucket, they used paper napkins to clean it up!! what a joke. asked to be moved to a warmer table, told it would be another 15 to 20 minutes!! i hope my daughter and boyfriend didn't leave much of a tip, as it was my birhtday gift!! waitress was worthless!!
- What a beautiful, rustic,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/27/2010What a beautiful, rustic, nicely decorated eatery! Cozy, warm, & filled with nostalgia of good old historic days....Fantastic waitress (Kathy) who was friendly, knowledgeable, & accommodating in every way:) All our food was very good, tastey, plentiful, & proportionately priced. Proximity to some tables, however, proved a bit annoying since some inconsiderate people insist on bringing their very young children along to dinner at such places. Feel sorry for these little people who obviously get bored in short time. Some "parents" like these could seemingly care less about tending to their little ones, let alone consider other diners not being disturbed/distracted at their expense. "Parents" should know better...Special Features:
- 1st time there, comfortableOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/22/20101st time there, comfortable and relaxing setting, good food, reasonable pricing, great service, noise I did not rate cause I did not take notice because, my group was neighborhood friends that meet up after 30 years...I think we were the ones more on the noisey side :-)Special Features:
- We did enjoy our meal butOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/17/2010We did enjoy our meal but waited a long time between returns from the waitress and the place was fairly empty. At no time were we asked if we would like a refill on our drinks. Also, the window area was a little drafty and it was a raw day. The food itself was very good and the ambience was excellent, a great place for a very laid back meal.Special Features:
- The Service was Excellent.kupid69Dined on 1/16/2010The Service was Excellent. Drinks, appetizers and entrees were delievered promptly and waitress checked back to make sure everything was fine. The claims were out of this world. I had never had something that tasted so good. Next time I'll get the whole order for myself and not share with the table. I had the seafood crockpot which was extremely good.No doubt I will return to this restraunt.Special Features:
- We've been enjoying McCoole'sOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/15/2010We've been enjoying McCoole's for the last couple of years. The food is consistently excellent. It was a busy night and I was out with friends I hadn't seen in awhile, so the biggest downside was that the music was a little too loud where we were seated. The musicians were good, but if given the choice, we would have liked to have been seated a little farther away so we could talk.Special Features: