Bosphorous Turkish Cuisine - Winter Park
108 S Park Avenue
Winter Park, FL 32789Neighborhood:
TurkishPrice: $30 and under
Bosphorous Turkish Cuisine - Winter Park
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bosphorousrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4076448609
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Turkish
- Executive Chef: Halil Ertane
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, High Tea, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Nejla Ozturk 407 644 8609
- Entertainment: Live Turkish Music featuring Aydin Kutluay. Turkish music is a wonderful blend of Turkish Flamenco (guitar) and a 130 stringed instrument called a Kanoon. Music is available Thursday and Sunday nights from 7PM - 9PM. We also feature 2 for 1 martinis at this time.
- Cross Street: Morse
- Public Transit: The Lynx bus system has multiple stops along Park Avenue, Fairbanks, and Morse.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Located in the heart of the upscale Winter Park neighborhood the restaurant is fortunate to be within short distance of free parking. The parking is available on Park Avenue, Morse Boulevard, and the Amtrak Station (New York Avenue and Morse Boulevard).
A word from Bosphorous Turkish Cuisine - Winter Park
Bosphorous Turkish Cuisine is a family owned business, established in 2005, that offers variety of authentic Turkish food from many regions of Turkey. Bosphorous Turkish Cuisine adapted its name from one of the oldest cities in the world, Istanbul, which was once known as the Constantinople in the early 13th century. The name “Bosphorous” taken from the strait that lies in the center of Istanbul connecting the Black Sea and the Sea of Marmara, Europe to Asia. The decor of this eatery is kept to minimum to draw the attention to the food. The intent was to create a modernized, warm authentic atmosphere by taking the old elements of Istanbul and combining it with some modern influences to create a truly unique experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bosphorous Turkish Cuisine - Winter Park reviews from OpenTable diners
94 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (53)fit for foodies (52)special occasion (40)great for outdoor dining (40)good for groups (36)great for lunch (28)romantic (19)hot spot (12)great for brunch (9)kid-friendly (9)late-night find (6)scenic view (5)notable wine list (5)Show More
- The food and service wereOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/1/2014The food and service were both terrific. Portions we're very generous. If the restaurant wasn't on Park Ave, it would be a little pricey for what you get. Overall we really enjoyed our meal and would go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Visiting colleagues and friendsBarbaraDined on 2/23/2014A conference brought friends and colleagues to town and I was asked to choose a restaurant to meet. I had visited Bosporous once before. There are many good, culinary options from which to choose in Orlando. Bosphorous turned out to be a tasteful, refined choice that was not pretentious. The casual ambience helped conversation. The restaurant is in a quaint part of Winter Park in the greater Orlando area that has an authentic feel with its brick and cobblestone streets. The menu had items perfect for sharing and tasting. The wine list appeared to have a nice selection, and the bottle we shared was very good. The staff were attentive, but not too much to interfere with our stories. Overall I would definitely choose Bosphorous again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Turkish DelightHansDined on 2/21/2014Enjoyed a delicious house dinner. The lamb shank was perfectly prepared with a savory sauce. The shrimp casserole was creamy but light. I've never had shrimp prepared as well as these were. They were perfectly done but yet so tender they melted in my mouth! The dark chocolate mousse was delicious. Light and airy with a deep chocolate flavor. The baklava was good. We had a very attentive server who made sure our needs we're taking care of.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what it used to beBillDined on 2/17/2014Felt extremely rushed. Beginning with the wine order everything seemed rushed even with the restaurant empty. Our entrée arrived almost immediately after our overpriced appetizer. Sent the entrée back and after we had finished our appetizer it was brought back warm but tasteless. We had not gone in a while as we were disappointed the last time, thought we would give it another shot. Definitely off our list considering the number of fine restaurants in the area.
- Fun nightLuv2eatDined on 2/15/2014First visit was amazing. Very friendly service. Not enough restrooms which causes a long wait but great foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Turkish CuisineTheEPDined on 2/14/2014This being my second experience at Bosphorus... it was better than my first. Celebrating Valentines Day here was the right decision. The service (Amanda) was remarkable. The food was great and very aromatic and flavorful. We chose the mixed grill with Lamb and Chicken cooked several ways. The portions were large, we shared, but still took half the plate home. Wine, we chose the Robert Mondavi Cabernet Sauvignon, 2009 "Oakville" I would choose this again any day. Excellent wines, although I did not choose any Turkish wine...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Nothing else to say other them this is one of our favorite. Everything is good but I would start off with the lavash and turame for sure!Special Features:
- Valentine's Day DinnerMichaelDined on 2/14/2014Very busy. Glad I made a reservation for us and we were seated almost immediately. Our server Stephanie was fantastic as always. My meat portion of the order was overcooked, but very quickly remedied and came back the second time absolutely perfect and delicious. Made for a great valentine's dinner and couldn't be any more happy. We will be back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow great foodRsalmanDined on 2/13/2014I think it's one of the best Restuarant in town if not the best , we enjoyed every bite the mixed grill was excellent and was enough for 2 persons would highly recommends this placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favorites, consistentlyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/10/2014One of our favorites, consistently excellent food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time; won't be the last!JS1985Dined on 2/7/2014Had a great dinner there. Only lived in FL for a short time and heard great reviews about this place. Had the lavas and cold cucumber dip as an appetizer (shared, of course). Even in the midst of winter, the ingredients were so vibrant and fresh. For my entree I had the Grilled Lamb Adana Kebab and it was phenomenal. My father is visiting my boyfriend and I while my mom is stuck up north in the snow working for tax season and he can't wait to visit again so he can bring her. My father had the stuffed cabbage (finished the whole thing) and my boyfriend had the lamb ses kebabs... Both loved them as well. Our server was Milos and he had a great conversation with us, extremely pleasant. I would ask for him to be our server again when we return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great evening outSasb4Dined on 1/31/2014Great food, fun atmosphere its always a fun place to dine.Special Features:
- Nice Atmosphere! Good foodSimaDined on 1/26/2014Nice Atmosphere! Good food - a little on the expensive side for what we had. Great Service. If you reserve ask for a booth - I didn't. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As good as we heard it wasjpljrVIPDined on 1/25/2014This was our first visit here and the food and service were both top notch. The waitress was very attentive, friendly and helpful regarding the menu and guided us to the perfect selections for dinner. It was also a nice touch that the chef comes out periodically to greet people at their table and ask how everything was. We will be returning there in a party of 6 next time our family visits, since the food was superb and very different from what we eat when we dine out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistently goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/23/2014We have been here several times and have found the cuisine as well as the service to be consistently good. The décor is comfortable but the noise level can be elevated at times. Portions are large which enables sharing and take home food. The menu is understandably lamb heavy but other choices are there for those not liking lamb. My biggest issue is that the tables for four are hardly large enough for everything without overcrowding. All in all this is one of our favorite restaurants when we are looking for something out of the ordinary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!Terisu10Dined on 1/20/2014It was a beautiful day for eating outdoors in downtown Winter Park. The food was delicious and the service was adequate and non obtrusive. I love having all my needs met without a hovering server. Veggies were fresh, the bread was divine, and the hummus was tasty. I definitely recommend this place. Will return soon.Special Features:
- Bosphorous Turkish CuisineweallgottaeatDined on 1/20/2014The hubs & I enjoyed lunch at Bosphorous Turkish Cuisine. We started with an order of Sigara Boregi; crispy filo dough filled with feta, parsley & dill. For my entrée I chose stuffed cabbage rolls. These lovely rolls are filled with lamb, rice, onion, red & green bell peppers, garlic with a house yogurt sauce drizzle. The hubs had the beef sis kebab, marinated & served grilled, that came with rice, & a salad of shredded carrots, onion, pickled cabbage & beets. For dessert we shared a dark chocolate mousse. This light & fluffy mousse was created with Peterbrooke dark chocolate & Turkish coffee. Thoroughly enjoyed our first visit to Bosphorous. Next time we have to get the lavash (hollow bread); it made quite the presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent choice for Turkish foodJuanDined on 1/19/2014We loved it. Very well prepared food and excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eat here often and alwaysPearl1947VIPDined on 1/19/2014Eat here often and always enjoy my meal with the chicken and rice and the hummus app.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bosphorus has been a favoriteBruceDined on 1/18/2014Bosphorus has been a favorite for years, with a well-deserved reputation. But I can't recommend going on a Saturday night. With a reservation for 7:30 our party of 6 must have hit the prime time. Crowded, extremely noisy, staff trying hard but clearly over-taxed, all contributed to a disappointing experience. It did not help that it was an extremely cold night so the table closest to the door got a blast of cold air every time the door opened, which was about every minute. While we waited for our table two groups ahead of us had tried to sit at this one and had asked for another table, and when we were placed there we tried to brave it out, but ended up asking for another table as well. Lessons learned: Wrong time and wrong table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TurkishAdiaDined on 1/17/2014I loved the food!!! On a busy Friday night we were seated right away. We had Falafel as appetizer. I choose the Lamb Sauté- tender chunks of lamb sautéed with fresh tomatoes, onions, red and green bell peppers, and mushrooms served with rice. My boyfriend had the Special Beyti Kebab- lamb, flavored with garlic, hot Turkish peppers, and parsley then char-grilled on skewers wrapped in a pita then topped with tomato and yogurt sauces. Delicious!
- Delicious - as alwaysErinR80Dined on 1/17/2014Bosphorous is by far my favorite restaurant on the Avenue. Consistent, great service, great food, and great ambiance. Vegetarian-friendly options are also a plus.Special Features:
- Our Winter Park StandbyjslampernDined on 1/3/2014Don't let the title of the review fool you, we love this place. If we are going to Winter Park, we are eating at Bosphorus. The service is always great. We almost always get the cold appetizer platter and share it as a family meal with the lavas. The food is consistent and consistently delicious! The Adana Kebap and lamb kebap are also very good. They have very good traditional Mediterranean dishes and a decent wine and beer selection.Special Features:
- Order Lamb or Chicken KebabBrendaVIPDined on 1/3/2014Apparently if you're unable to make up your mind, waiter or waitress will recommend the mixed plate of kebabs, a sampler of sorts. Chicken or lamb kebab, the meat served is perfect. The balance on the sampler-type plate, while reasonably priced, is more like an openface gyro [part chicken, part lamb]. The flavor was blander than expected, except for the actual meet of chicken and lamb which was perfectly seasoned and wonderful. Wow more than enough food for two people, at $35 it still seemed flat. We've been here before and know this restaurant has finer quality. Will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Turkish in winter parknomnomDined on 1/2/2014Never had been to restaurant before and brought a friend who is a foodie from Washington DC. Very impressed. Friend wants to come back and visit restaurant again. Ordered the most traditional type selections possible, very pleased; fried calamari was nondescript. Service, Elizabeth was great!, excellent descriptions of food. Wasn't rushed. Turkish wine suggested went perfectly with food and was a real surprise. Definitely want to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great staff/poor food.SuzieDined on 12/29/2013Our waitress was delightful, but the atmosphere was one of screaming toddlers and loud echoing talk. It was hard to hear what others at our table were saying.Special Features:
- LoudHappyCowChickDined on 12/29/2013My husband and I were looking forward to a nice date night without kids. We were shocked at how many little kids there were at the restaurant at night that were screaming or running around. For a pricier meal, in a nice location I would prefer a slightly quieter meal with less screaming :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodpartyof4Dined on 12/28/20134 stars only because of what I ordered. Mousaka, did not realize it is made with ground lamb, and I am not a fan a lamb, although good. My party raved about what they ordered. Next time time will stick with the chicken sis kebab. Baklava and pistaccio ice cream, so good !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/28/2013We loved the whole evening. Romantic walk on Park Ave, easy to find, reservation on time, great romantic table and most of all the food, it was VERY TASTY. Went for the sample appetizer and mixed grill as main meal, fantastic combination and plenty leftovers. Dont forget to try the bread it was a great start to a delicious meal.Special Features:
- High Quality DiningOrlandoDiner20Dined on 12/24/2013This restaurant never fails to impress me. Their food selection is outstanding. Everything on the menu is delicious but my favorite is the Lamb Adana. It is so flavorful and they give you a lot of food. It is almost 2 meals in 1. The decor is very warm and cozy as well. I highly recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too loud and busyPfritz75VIPDined on 12/22/2013We were sitted for about 15 mins before we acknowledged Waiter asked what we wanted to drink and 10 mins later came back with our drink and took our order Our sit were in the middle of the restaurant. Felt like a runway Everytime I would extend my elbows I would hit a waiter/server They would cut that corner and pump my car So annoying!!!! Don't bother going
- Delicious and differentKKMMDined on 12/21/2013Reservation was ready when we arrived. Great food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place!OrlandoMomVIPDined on 12/21/2013Celebrated dad's birthday with 3 adult kids. Had the appetizer sampler and the mixed grill and fed 5 adults! Food is excellent. Services is very good.Special Features:
- Great restaurant, terrificjust2Dined on 12/19/2013Great restaurant, terrific food. Cigar smoking allowed outdoors which was azwful so we had to go insideSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not happy with ManagerFTB1Dined on 12/14/2013Seating seems to be selective even when we have reservation. Needed a seating for 4,manager wanted offered us a seating close to family with kids & I refused. There was a table for 6 but he declined and remembered me as someone who in the past had a problem with where I left. This is telling me that the manager is not interested accomodating returning customers. Later I saw that the 6 person table was offered to a group of 4. I think the manager needs to be schooled.
- We found this restaurant whenJudyVIPDined on 12/14/2013We found this restaurant when we were walking along Park Avenue in Winter Park. They had a pereson handing out samples of the chicken Adana. It was excellent and it was the primary reason that we came back to this restaurant when looking for a place for dinner. We were above to sit out on the sidewalk which was great given that it was a busy Saturday night. Our waitress was Amanda and she was very friendly, knowledgeable and helpful in helping us understand the different dishes. The bread here is amazing. We also had the lentil soup and the chicken Adana. We didn't save room for dessert but we would definitely recmend this restaurant and return again if we come back to Winter Park.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant!LisaDined on 12/13/2013This is my favorite Orlando area restaurant. Terrific good and great ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!onlyhereforthefoodDined on 12/10/2013Excellent food, great service, nice wine...all good! I've had lots of Middle Eastern-types of food but I'm not sure I've ever tried (what I think is) legit Turkish food and it was great. Lots of different dishes I haven't heard of before, one of which I tried, and it was delicious :) Lamb donair with tomato sauce and yogurt, really nice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always on pointRobTMDined on 12/6/2013I love this place. Great portion size, delicious and well-polished food menu wide. Service is more than adequate. This place is a great asset to park ave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so GoodEnzoDined on 12/3/2013Ordered appetizer and Moussaka. The size of the appetizers has shrunk and the Moussaka was about 50% cheese. Not too pleased.