Bosphorous Turkish Cuisine - Winter Park
108 S Park Avenue
Winter Park, FL 32789Neighborhood:
TurkishPrice: $30 and under
Bosphorous Turkish Cuisine - Winter Park
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bosphorousrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4076448609
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Turkish
- Executive Chef: Halil Ertane
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, High Tea, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Nejla Ozturk 407 644 8609
- Entertainment: Live Turkish Music featuring Aydin Kutluay. Turkish music is a wonderful blend of Turkish Flamenco (guitar) and a 130 stringed instrument called a Kanoon. Music is available Thursday and Sunday nights from 7PM - 9PM. We also feature 2 for 1 martinis at this time.
- Cross Street: Morse
- Public Transit: The Lynx bus system has multiple stops along Park Avenue, Fairbanks, and Morse.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Located in the heart of the upscale Winter Park neighborhood the restaurant is fortunate to be within short distance of free parking. The parking is available on Park Avenue, Morse Boulevard, and the Amtrak Station (New York Avenue and Morse Boulevard).
A word from Bosphorous Turkish Cuisine - Winter Park
Bosphorous Turkish Cuisine is a family owned business, established in 2005, that offers variety of authentic Turkish food from many regions of Turkey. Bosphorous Turkish Cuisine adapted its name from one of the oldest cities in the world, Istanbul, which was once known as the Constantinople in the early 13th century. The name “Bosphorous” taken from the strait that lies in the center of Istanbul connecting the Black Sea and the Sea of Marmara, Europe to Asia. The decor of this eatery is kept to minimum to draw the attention to the food. The intent was to create a modernized, warm authentic atmosphere by taking the old elements of Istanbul and combining it with some modern influences to create a truly unique experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bosphorous Turkish Cuisine - Winter Park reviews from OpenTable diners
93 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (53)fit for foodies (51)great for outdoor dining (40)special occasion (39)good for groups (36)great for lunch (28)romantic (18)hot spot (12)great for brunch (9)kid-friendly (9)late-night find (6)scenic view (5)notable wine list (5)Show More
- Great food and serviceDdubsflDined on 6/12/2014First time visit for me and the food and service was excellent. Our server, Elizabeth, was very friendly and attentive to our requests. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a great meal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceCackieDined on 6/3/2014The food at Bosphorous is excellent and plentiful. We were a table of seven women and no one could finish their meal. Plan accordingly. We had one of the best servers I have had in a long time.Special Features:
- ClaudioVIPDined on 5/30/2014They accommodated us quickly. Waiters were incredibly attentive and nice. Food was tasty and portions were huge. We would definitely go back many more times. Our waitress told us that they were planning on renovating and expanding which is a good sign that they are doing well.Special Features:
- AccomadatingRachel189Dined on 5/23/2014I went with a small group of three couples at a friend's suggestion. They were extremely accommodating of one of member of our party's numerous dietary restrictions. The food was delicious, and came in large portions. The Turkish pizza was great!Special Features:
- The following 424 reviews are from the Bosphorous Turkish Cuisine - Winter Park reviews archive.
- Nice place to have fun and dineiDeanDined on 5/18/2014This place is very good to have fun with your friends and enjoy the food as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High Calibre foodPhilDined on 5/17/2014Flavorful food, authentic Turkish cuisine delivered quickly with excellent service. I will recommend highly to allSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rushed serviceTColin407VIPDined on 5/17/2014Food was great- server rushed us. Started clearing plates while some still eating. And we are not types to dag out a meal.Special Features:
- RatingJulieRDined on 5/17/2014I always like Bosphorous. They do a gret job with the Turkish cuisine. Great, courteous and polite service. The 2 for 1 drinks is a good thing. My husband loved his ochra dish. My friends were delighted with their first experience. My Company has a site "Brookdale Perks" on which they send ideas for dining to employees. Please get on thier siteSpecial Features:
- More expensive than expectedJOHNBEEDined on 5/15/2014The food was more expensive than expected because everything is al la carte, otherwise OK! Should rate at $$$Special Features:
- BosphorusNH888StanDined on 5/14/2014I went with 2 others from my company. The atmosphere and ambiance was very good, quiet enough so that we could talk business without shouting. As we are all "foodies" to some extent, we were delighted with the variety and quality of the food. That big, freshly baked, pillow of bread was awesome. So many savory flavors. Try the kunefe dessert!! But be pre parted who share as it is largeSpecial Features:
- Always Yummy!LuvFoodVIPDined on 5/11/2014I always love coming here!!! The food is fresh and so good. It was Mothers day and Rollins graduation so the place was packed but the service was great and on point.Special Features:
- Fabulous!SapphirenecklaceDined on 5/11/2014We arrived mid day on Sunday (Mother's Day) and despite this notoriously busy day, had a fabulous meal with attentive service. We had the house pinot grigio at the bar and it was ice cold, which we appreciated. Stella on draft is also always a happy find. When seated we ordered the choose two appetizer with their signiture hollow bread which was a great way to begin. The Grape leaves were sweeter than others we have had but that being said, delicious. We also ordered the ground lamb w/ phyllo which was spicy and flavorful. Dessserts were very creative, our favorite was the toasted wheat and sweet cheese concoction..Order it! Thank you for an excellent experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food like in IstanbulTravelerVIPDined on 5/8/2014I am a fan of Turkish food, everywhere, and the food here is authentic and excellent. Bosphorous is a pretty, posh place on fashionable Park Avenue, and nothing about it disappoints! I have eaten here on all 3 trips I've made to Orlando, and I look forward to the next. Yes, there are menu items for non-meat-eaters, and even for my vegan sister. (She had okra stew, I had meat-stuffed cabbage rolls.) Portions are generous, so share the appetizers, and save room for a real Turkish coffee or tea and the excellent baklava.Special Features:
- Great Birthday outingMy2centsDined on 5/6/2014My family enjoyed my wife's birthday on a Tuesday night. Traffic was light and service was great. Lamb Ses Kabob was awesome as always. Lavas haydari and hummus were tasty treats. Tried and loved the Turkish style pizza (Lahmacun). Would definitely recommend to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very TastytheSuperStarDined on 5/3/2014I like puncturing the lavas bread and seeing the steam rise. The doner was delightful. The best was the tender and flavorful filet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food-ambience-reasonable-friendly!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/3/2014When you dine casual to fine, you want comfort, service, atmosphere, and of course great food. It's very clear why this restaurant is one of the best rated. A wonderful blend of old, new, east and west. With solid service and a good feel. The only negative is take those food signs down from the side street off park ave. so kitsch and not needed as word of mouth keeps people coming!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great service, good foodGraceDined on 5/3/2014Nice selection of food. Very fine food. Great pricesSpecial Features:
- A great escape from the norm!TampaFoodieDined on 4/27/2014Bosphorus has consistently excellent food with an authentic Turkish flair. This is a great spot to enjoy something delicious and different! Highly recommend their appetizer sampler, which gives you a taste of 7 unique dips/spreads. This is a great way to explore the menu and it goes perfectly with the Lavas (made to order bread), which you cannot miss!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/25/2014Great middle eastern food. Everything we tried was deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great cuisine!imemwhiteyDined on 4/25/2014Enjoyed the service very much. Food was cooked beautifully. Would recommend highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodjcarlyandtheteethDined on 4/25/2014not a lot to say but spectacular food and desserts. would recommend to anyoneSpecial Features:
- Always PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/24/2014One of our favorite restaurants in Central Florida. You can get a healthy, fresh and tasty meal of the highest quality ingredients. They are willing to make substitutions to accommodate special diets.Special Features:
- Great anniversary spotOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/22/2014Took my girlfriend for our anniversary and neither of us had been there before. The food was outstanding (get the bread appetizer w/ the yogurt dip, and for the meal split the meat sampler entree), and the wine and beer recommendations were perfect. Our waitress had the perfect balance of being attentive but not obtrusive, and had great recommendations - we she guided our ordering, and it was perfect. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Excellent Turkish specialtiesOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/17/2014Impressive, freshly baked lavas (hollow bread) that needs to be cut into to let the steam out. We chose the duo portions of ezme (a dipping sauce with fresh tomatoes, red & green peppers, red onion, walnuts, garlic, parsley, dill pickles, jalapeño and lemon juice) and baba ganoush with a fine smoky flavor. Great way to enjoy the lavas! The Doner Kebab was a generous portion to share, complete with rice, carrots, red onions & beets. Attentive service so that we could head out to drive to the airport. Fine & memorable meal to cap off our Florida visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A pleasant changeDNiceDined on 4/15/2014This was our second visit to this restaurant. The food is very good and the service is excellent. We had the same server both times and she was very good at making recommendations. You need to like lamb to enjoy this restaurant. The Lamb Sis with yogurt is great, however if you order the Vegetable Saute and add lamb you end up with more lamb than vegetables. Efes beer is always good.Special Features:
- Bourbon and lambLbciiiDined on 4/13/2014If you like lamb, this is the place to go! Also, I wasn't expecting this but they had a surprising list of bourbon based specialty drinks that we're excellent. Large portions, great food, good place to share family style.Special Features:
- Consistently great food and servicejpljrVIPDined on 4/12/2014This was our second visit with another couple and once again the food was great and service attentive and friendly. Food portions are very large and always delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious foodLPinFLVIPDined on 4/12/2014Had our second meal at Bosphorus recently, and enjoyed everything! All three courses were delicious. Four of us tasted just about all dishes, and nothing disappointed. Add great service and moderate prices for large portions; we will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistent gemluluDined on 3/31/2014This is a favorite for service and food!! Love introducing new people to this restaurant. Once we do it becomes one of their favorites too!!Special Features:
- Fantastic ExperienceMDS13Dined on 3/29/2014Loved our meal at Bosphorous! The service was excellent, as was the food. We had the Lavas bread and humus, which was fantastic. Don't miss it! My wife's Beef Tenderloin Kabab was incredibly tender and full of flavor. My Lamb Saute was a hearty and robust stew that I'll definitely be ordering again. Wish I could've tried desert, but the portions were huge and I just didn't have room. As it is, I have leftovers for tomorrow. Just keep in mind that you're in Winter Park and parking is a nightmare, so plan accordingly for an early arrival.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CrowdedJozeDined on 3/23/2014I made a mistake and booked before I found out it was the end of the Winter Park Art Fair. Consequently the restaurant was very crowded and noisy. could barely hear the waitress. The food arrived fairly promptly considering the crowd. several of us at our table had wine and it seemed as tho the bar was doing "light pours" possible figuring it was so crowded no one would notice. I have eaten at this restaurant before and it was very good but I will certainly be more aware next time I book.Special Features:
- One of my Favorite "go to"NancuDined on 3/21/2014One of my Favorite "go to" restaurants. Excellent food, great service, fun ambience and beautiful outside seating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Turkish delightMcFly5585VIPDined on 3/19/2014The food was really outstanding. Lavosh bread was huge and puffy and tasted great with the homemade hummus. A friend and I split the mixed grill, which was a good decision because the portion was HUGE! Very tasty grilled meats including chicken and lamb kebabs, gyro-style lamb and two kinds of chicken and lamb patties served with red cabbage with beet, shredded carrots and red onion salads. The dessert was also delicious- we opted for the most Turkish-sounding kenefe and it was also a crowd pleaser. We had plenty to eat and plenty more to take home for another meal. The service was a bit slow, but courteous and informative by using Turkish sayings to greet us and tell us to enjoy our meal.Special Features:
- GEMS/Astronics night outChuckDined on 3/14/2014The bar and wait staff were very friendly and attended our party well at both the bar and at our table. The food was outstanding. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Continued Good Special RestaurantTV4020Dined on 3/14/2014This is the fifth time we've patronized Bosphorous and enjoy it each time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumHappyparentsVIPDined on 3/13/2014We have been to Bosphorous several times. Food is authentic Turkish, as good as you would get except for in the very best restaurants in Turkey. The food is fresh, perfect temperature, wonderful. We have enjoyed kabobs, Iskandar, pide, mixed appetizers. For desert, Kunefe was spectacular and chocolate mousse was really great. The only drawback is that the wine selection (outside of Turkish wine) was limited. The tea was just ok. Overall, really great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasureEdInFlDined on 3/8/2014We eat here at least once a quarter. Love it every time. Food is always outstanding. Service is great. What more could you want?Special Features:
- Excellent Turkish food.MartyDined on 3/7/2014The fried zucchini is a great appetizer and the Turkish bread with anything is wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A FavoriteTerisu10Dined on 3/3/2014This is only my second time eating at Bosphorous. It was a gorgeous day to eat outside under sunny skies in Winter Park, Florida. My friend ordered the lamb Adana lunch special, while I ordered the chicken Adana. Both were served with jasmine rice, raw red cabbage, red onion, and shredded carrot. Our meals came with salad and baklava for dessert. The food was delicious and very fresh. I recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/2/2014We were there for my boyfriend's birthday. It was his first time there, and he loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.