Different Pointe of View
Hilton Tapatio Cliffs
11111 N. 7th Street
Phoenix, AZ 85020Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Different Pointe of View
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.differentpointeofview.com/
- Phone: 602-866-6350x
- Hours of Operation:
Dining Room: Sunday - Thursday, 6 - 9:30 pm; Friday, 6 - 10 pm; Saturday, 6 - 10 pm; / Terrace Room: 5pm - Daily
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Anthony DeMuro
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Known as the premier destination wedding location in the state, Different Pointe of View's cliff-side ceremony site and stunning terraces are unmatched. Also very popular for corporate events, Bar/Bat Mitzvahs, and celebrations of all kinds, you have to see this venue to believe it. Contact Traci Fox at 602-866-6397 for a site tour today!
A word from Different Pointe of View
Poised 1,800 feet above the Valley of the Sun, Different Pointe of View offers guests breathtaking views second only to the outstanding regional American cuisine that features fresh local and organic ingredients. The restaurant's mountaintop location and floor to ceiling windows provide stunning views of the desert landscape, the city's twinkling lights in the distance and Arizona's brilliant sunsets. No restaurant in the state has a longer streak of consecutive AAA four-diamond awards and Sunset Magazine named it one of the top 10 mountaintop restaurants in the nation. Valley residents have come for years to celebrate birthdays, anniversaries, romantic evenings or just treat themselves to one of the most unique Arizona experiences. The Terrace Room Lounge, next to the restaurant, features one of the largest patios and a nine foot fire pit on the cliff sideContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Different Pointe of View - Best Restaurants in Phoenix ›
Different Pointe of View reviews from OpenTable diners
115 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.9Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (111)romantic (105)special occasion (103)great for outdoor dining (47)fit for foodies (40)notable wine list (39)neighborhood gem (18)late-night find (14)good for groups (10)hot spot (8)vibrant bar scene (6)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/6/2014Very scenic, good food, good service and I would recommend this to my friendsSpecial Features:
- ExcellentArMcDined on 6/3/2014Fabulous setting and view. Great food and serviceSpecial Features:
- amazingnicknameDined on 5/31/2014The service was top notch. Staff was very knowledgeable of the menu, wine list, and drinks served at the bar. The ambiance and the view was amazing. The food was very flavorful and well cooked. No complaints from me. I would and already have recommend the restaurant to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 10+ years and still enjoyingDPVfansDined on 5/31/2014Our birthday dinner, Sat May 31 was the best by far! Ian was our server and he was very knowledgeable and treated us like we were his only guests. Ian took the time to explain ingredients, wine, and never seemed rushed. Ian brought Chef Anthony out to meet us which was thoughtful and cool. We discussed the amazing velvety lobster bisque, which Anthony mentioned is gluten free - yummy. Hubby had the smoked duck special which was very tasty and I had the usual hangar steak which is melt in your mouth goodness. We finished off with lovely cappuccinos and chocolate caramel cake. It was the best night we have experienced in all of the years we have been coming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/30/2014Took my wife here for her Birthday. The food was good as well as the service but the view is astounding and something everyone should see. I requested a table with a view in the notes section of our reservation which was accommodated by the staff. We will be back for other special events.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant week gemBboyAlphaDined on 5/25/2014We loved coming here for restaurant week. We did not get a seat up close to the scenic view area but we still got to see a lot of beautiful phoenix. The food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- waiter was very unpleasantguydineinphxDined on 5/24/2014I had taken my girlfriend for her birthday. Our waiter was an older gentleman who never introduced his.name to us. Our food was also an hour wait. Very nice and romantic atmosphere but I think it's by far the worst service I've been to for a fine dining restaurant of this.caliber.Special Features:
- Beautiful view of PhoenixTshackTravelsVIPDined on 5/23/2014View was great. Food was pretty good. Definitely try the lobster bisque, it was amazing. Great place for a date night or for a visitor looking for an outstanding view of the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/23/2014We were celebrating our anniversary and were looking for a special meal. We were more than pleased with everything! The food, the service, the view and the ambience made this a very special night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Very Special PlacemaybenexttimeDined on 5/23/2014Our party of five (three from out of town) were thrilled with the ambiance - spectacular views, etc. While the food overall was excellent, some of us felt it did not live up to expectations: The Diver Scallops were disappointing to this reviewer - a little too highly seasoned. However, those who had steak were happy.Special Features:
- Visit to Different Pointe of ViewGoodMomentDined on 5/22/2014Had an awesome experience with ambience & very good food.Special Features:
- ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/21/2014I loved the view and the restaurant itself. However, the service was not the best. The server didn't attempt to explain any of the food items and was less than attentive. The restaurant itself was not very busy but the server was not to be found for extensive periods of time on various occasions. If I am going to spend a significant amount on dinner, I expect to be treated better. Other than that, the view is the best part.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service not 5 Star.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/21/2014Upon being seated, our waiter passed us by several times without acknowledging our presence. His service was mediocre, while his assistant was prompt in serving us water, bread basket and spreads. The food and ambiance was impressive for our first visit to this establishment.Special Features:
- Couldn't Be BetterHungryVIPDined on 5/21/2014Wonderful evening. Food was terrific (as always), view matchless and Ian couldn't have been more attentive - really enhanced the value of the wine and entrees. This is doubtlessly our favorite "nice" spot in Phoenix.Special Features:
- Re-living Our HoneymonKatAtTheTableDined on 5/20/2014My husband & I first dined at Different Pointe Of View on our Honeymoon trip to Phoenix in 1989. It was such a breathtaking, magical setting that we definitely wanted to revisit it for our 25th anniversary in May. Sitting high atop a mountainside, it has fabulous views of North Mountain, with the entire Valley and city of Phoenix in the distance. The outdoor patio is a wonderful place for drinks while soaking up the sun(set) and vistas. Inside the restaurant is lovely with understated decor and a focus on the views; it is terraced, so even the tables toward the back are in luck. Service is very professional, and the food quite good. Hopefully we will make it back there for our 50th anniversary... and many times in between!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal with an even better viewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/20/2014Decided to try this place out during Restaurant week and we were not dissapointed. The view was amazing and the waiter knew his wine list like no other. Will definitely be coming back.Special Features:
- RamblingRoseDined on 5/19/2014This was delightful. The food, the view and the friendliness of staff cannot be beat. The room was very nicely appointed. Parking was a cinch. We really enjoyed this and will return next year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/18/2014The dining experience at Pointe of View was amazing. The service was impecable and the food was excellent. The breathtaking views are worth the drive for sure. I would go back in a heartbeat.Special Features:
- anniversary dinnerlookoutbyDined on 5/18/2014Shrimp and filet entrees were well prepared. Cucumber salad was awesome. but they were out of the Pino Noir I asked for. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommended!JudesDined on 5/17/2014Our first visit in many years and we thoroughly enjoyed it. The view is spectacular, the service friendly and the food was excellent. The hanger steak was a hit as well as the grilled shrimp. We'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/17/2014We visited during Restaurant Week and I must tell you the entire meal was fantastic. And the service was top notch! The pace of the meal was right on. We did not feel rushed nor did we feel ignored. When we asked for recommendations on wine, we were given two fantastic choices. And of course, you cannot beat the view!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeRozlDined on 5/16/2014View is the awesome, service was great, not rushed but attentive, my dinner was top notch, my husbands filet mignon did have a large vein of fat which turns him off and is the only reason I didn't give 5 stars. At the price for the steak it should have been 100% lean. Will definitely returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first Mother's DayMountaintopDined on 5/12/2014This restaurant is a great place to have a nice romantic dinner or just a night of fine dining. The view is awesome along with the food of course. If I was looking for something to complain about I would say their limited salads. It seems like they have some nice salads but I felt like they were limited to some king of vinaigrette dressing. Again not a big deal. Food was great and Richard our server was extremely polite and attentive. They have a lounge if you just want to go in for some drinks which we'll be going back to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view...everything else ehRhettDooDined on 5/9/2014The view is great as it sits on the top of a mountain overlooking the city. The service was slow and the waiter was just awkward. The food was average for the high-end restaurant I expected and that the prices call for. I would give this place another chance for the view with the hopes that the food & service would be better next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014Went here while staying at the resort. Could not have been happier with the food, service, and the beautiful view of downtown Phoenix!Special Features:
- Old Stomping GroundDennisVIPDined on 5/3/2014We used to live close by and it was a favorite place to go. We have not been there for quite a while. It was great to go back and reminisce. We always enjoy the view and the food is always excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The most romantic place to eat!cruisinDined on 5/3/2014We celebrated my wife's birthday this past weekend at a Different Point of View. First the staff was amazing. There was 3 weddings, a funeral a graduation and a ton of kids on their way to the prom and so things were booked yet the staff made us feel relaxed and never rushed. We enjoyed the sunset over drinks and dinner followed by an evening view of the city lights over desert. It is a bit pricey but for that special occasion it is way worth it!Special Features:
- Different Pointe of ViewYummDined on 4/30/2014This places wasn't too bad. You're pretty much paying for an outstanding view, and the view shouldn't be understated because it is amazing. The food was nothing to write home about. I got a decent cut of short rib and my wife got some good chicken. Like I said it wasn't good enough to warrant the price tag but when factored in with the view you know where your money went. I was pretty disappointed when desert came out, we ended up with a dried out cake topped with frozen strawberries. Not what I would expect from a place like that. That was the major downfall. The server wasn't all that friendly either. I don't think I would go back for anything but drinks at the place down stairs so that we could enjoy the view.Special Features:
- What a viewDaveDined on 4/28/2014It was an amazing view of the valley. We watched the sun set and had a drink on the patio. It was very windy, but nice. The restaurant was also very nice with an amazing view. The food choices are limited, and many of the items are pre-seasoned. This was a little bit of an issue as we needed some accommodation because of a salt issue. The food we ordered was very good, and they were able to accommodate the salt issue ona couple of the dishes. I would recommend to folks. Price was reasonable.Special Features:
- ManhattangirlVIPDined on 4/26/2014I went at night so I cannot comment extensively on the view. The salad was good but my side dish was not salted enough and my companion's entree was too salty. The dessert was mildly flavored but good overall. I would have liked a knife to eat it with more grace.Service improved later in the meal but it took forever to get a menu and to get bread.Special Features:
- I have never had bettermipiacedeltuttoDined on 4/26/2014My wife and I did the chef's tasting menu. It was awesome. It's five courses of the chef's choice. I knew we had picked well when after the first bite of the appetizer that was the only thing we wanted the whole evening. The flavors were complex. I kept wondering how they were able to get the food to taste so good. Every dish was unique, but I always wanted more. I was also impressed not to see the same things on the menu you could have found elsewhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014The Hanger steak was one of the best steak dishes I have ever had. I also got engaged there so it holds a special place in my heart as well.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014I took my wife there for her birthday dinner, the steak was good, the Scallops where amazing.Special Features:
- experiance was awesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/25/2014Everything was awesome except the limo booking through the same site that was horrible as they harassed me after I already booked the limo WOWSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter Sunday BuffetpurnhagwDined on 4/20/2014There is certainly no cutting corners for buffet service here! This was my wife and my first visit to DPV, and we are already looking forward to returning. We felt it just a tad warm to dine on one of the gorgeous patios, but were lucky enough to score a window table. The views, of course, are breathtaking.....but the main attraction is the food and service. The buffet was set up beautifully (and bountifully!), making it difficult to know when to quit returning for more! Service here is legendary in the Valley. Justifiably.Special Features:
- Out for the night1574Dined on 4/18/2014Well, I've wanted to go here for several years. Just didn't, but have olds friends move here and wanted to show them that Phx. has it all. Wow, what a beautiful meal and the scenery is awesome! Afterwards we went outside on the patio for an after dinner drink. It is an Arizona experience for sure!!! Don't miss it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect birthday celebration!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/16/2014Chef Anthony DeMuro came out and asked if we had any requests, as we opted for the tasting dinner and wanted him to work his magic....and magic it was! The sommelier is charming and and paired exquisite wines, offering us a few options along with the way. Each course was a feast for the eyes and the palate...beautifully plated and just perfect. Ian was our server and the timing was impeccable, with all the staff being gracious and attentive, but never hovering. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view for a romantic dinnerOliver80Dined on 4/15/2014The atmosphere was great until a large group of about 20 people came and ruined the mood. My wife and I could barely hear each other from all the chatter. Other than that, the food was excellent. I had the short ribs and my wife had the lamb loin and they both were so scrumptious. I was not impressed with the lobster bisque due to it tasting similar to coffee and I am not a coffee person. The view was amazing from our table. I definitely recommend this to every couple and I hope you don't have a large group come in.Special Features:
- Great View, Great Food,Poor ServiceSolsonDined on 4/12/2014A few years back, my wife and I had a wonderful dining experience at Different Pointe of View. So, when traveling in Phoenix for a milestone birthday, we were anxious to return. The view remained breathtaking, the food remained delightful, but the service left MUCH to be desired. In addition to a litany of minor complaints, the overall lack of attentiveness was astonishing - so much so that we have little to no desire to return. If you want good food with a good view, dine here. But, if you want an overall fantastic dining experience, you may wish to look elsewhere.
- Service went missingDGinAZDined on 4/12/2014We have dined here a number of times and usually find it to be a great experience. This time it was sub-par for the type of restaurant it is. Our waiter was completely inattentive and we were left waiting for long periods of time at every stage of the meal. Hopefully this was a one time problem. This restaurant also prides themselves on their wine list. I am a regular red wine drinker and enjoy a restaurant with a nice selection. This restaurant falls short, in my estimation, in that they have far too many high dollar wines and not enough of a selection of more approachable ranges. There are a large number of very good wines available on the market in a price range that would allow a few more -$100 offerings, of which they have very few.Special Features: