Different Pointe of View
Hilton Tapatio Cliffs
11111 N. 7th Street
Phoenix, AZ 85020Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Different Pointe of View
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.differentpointeofview.com/
- Phone: 602-866-6350x
- Hours of Operation:
Dining Room: Sunday - Thursday, 6 - 9:30 pm; Friday, 6 - 10 pm; Saturday, 6 - 10 pm; / Terrace Room: 5pm - Daily
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Anthony DeMuro
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Known as the premier destination wedding location in the state, Different Pointe of View's cliff-side ceremony site and stunning terraces are unmatched. Also very popular for corporate events, Bar/Bat Mitzvahs, and celebrations of all kinds, you have to see this venue to believe it. Contact Traci Fox at 602-866-6397 for a site tour today!
A word from Different Pointe of View
Poised 1,800 feet above the Valley of the Sun, Different Pointe of View offers guests breathtaking views second only to the outstanding regional American cuisine that features fresh local and organic ingredients. The restaurant's mountaintop location and floor to ceiling windows provide stunning views of the desert landscape, the city's twinkling lights in the distance and Arizona's brilliant sunsets. No restaurant in the state has a longer streak of consecutive AAA four-diamond awards and Sunset Magazine named it one of the top 10 mountaintop restaurants in the nation. Valley residents have come for years to celebrate birthdays, anniversaries, romantic evenings or just treat themselves to one of the most unique Arizona experiences. The Terrace Room Lounge, next to the restaurant, features one of the largest patios and a nine foot fire pit on the cliff sideContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Different Pointe of View - Best Restaurants in Phoenix ›
Different Pointe of View reviews from OpenTable diners
116 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.9Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (112)romantic (106)special occasion (104)great for outdoor dining (47)fit for foodies (41)notable wine list (40)neighborhood gem (19)late-night find (14)good for groups (10)hot spot (8)vibrant bar scene (6)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- RogwriterDined on 8/2/2014The setting and views are unique. It's a marvelous place to dine. Not only the patrons, but the wait staff loves this place. Our waiter has been working there for more than 20 years and his love for the restaurant and serving people was evident in the excellent service we received. And he wasn't the most tenured server. The view is fabulous and the food is prepared in accordance to make sure it is an extraordinary dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overall is goodvalentineDined on 8/1/2014waiter is good, manager is better. our waiter is good, but not that good. we poured our water and other waiters came to help, not ours. he is slow after all. the lobster soup is extremely good! the entree tastes awful, the steak is specially awful.the dessert is terrible! the chiffon cake disappointed us a lot, the ice-cream, chocolate one, is melting once I got it. I highly suggest you shall change your chef for the dessert! it is not that kinda dessert such great restaurant shall have!Special Features:
- Amazing view, food and service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014We enjoyed every moment of our experience - the view is to die for, the food was amazing and the service impeccable! Also being off-peak season the special menu pricing made the entire meal fantastic value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Experienceajluv1Dined on 7/26/2014It was our first visit to this resturant with my wife and I. The food was amazing and definatly worth the price. We enjoyed the great serivce from valet parking down to the dinner and dessert. They were very friendly and gave us a little extra dessert for our 1st year anniversary. Most importantly the place had a beautiful scenic view and definatly a very romantic place to take your spouse. I would strongly reccomend more people to come and enjoy this beautiful restuarant especially couples!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great View to match the great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Excellent place to celebrate and enjoy time togetherSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The great point of view of PhoenixMIAGIDined on 7/24/2014Wonderful place to over look the night lights of Phoenix!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/23/2014The food was outstanding and the service was good. Our server lacked wine expertise. Will recommend to our friends.Special Features:
- Fabulous for Special OccasionsDanaNotmanVIPDined on 7/19/2014My husband and I went to Different Pointe of View when we felt the need to celebrate nothing in particular. It's a fantastic restaurant. The service was remarkable - our server was so energetic about the menu items that I wanted to eat everything he describe. Our food was also delicious (I had the vegetarian dinner option, and my husband enjoyed a fantastic white fish special), and I particularly enjoyed the table bread and spread options they provided. Our drinks and wine were also delicious. I can't wait to have another reason to celebrate so we can go back.Special Features:
- Enjoyable!TreatedlikeRoyaltyDined on 7/19/2014Food and waiter were both outstanding. Staff always refilling ice water and tea...very appreciated on a hot day. Enjoyed complimentary appetizers and desserts. Even had a knife slide into my puree in my plate. The waiter replaced the knife with a clean one...very professional. My wife and I felt we were treated like Royalty.Special Features:
- OUTSTANDING!GLOWDined on 7/18/2014Best dinner my husband and I have ever had! Total package...GREAT service, delicious food and the view was breathtaking! The Lobster bisque was truly amazing, we were trying to figure out how we could lick the bowl with class! The main course was so pretty I almost didnt want to eat it, but I am glad I did! And dessert...creme brulee...wow!Special Features:
- Keeps getting betterMikeTDined on 7/15/2014A different point of view is a must visit in the Phoenix area. Pair it's extensive wine list with impressive food and best in the city view and the restaurant really is a winner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank you!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/15/2014My wife and I celebrated her birthday recently and thoroughly enjoyed the staff, food, and romantic atmosphere. GREAT job! This place is becoming our FAVORITE! Good health to all of you! DanSpecial Features:
- Different Pointe of View0711Dined on 7/11/2014great for a romantic evening. the view was beautiful.Special Features:
- Taste4ExcellenceDined on 7/5/2014We live locally, but wanted a memorable close get away. Your restaurant was the icing on the cake during our resort stay for the weekend. We'll definitely be back. The food was fabulous, service was first class, and overall experience totally awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding service!DisappointedDined on 7/5/2014Of course the view is incredible, the food delicious with appropriate pricing and portion for fine dining, but what sets the experience apart was the outstanding service! Extremely relaxing, tentative, and responsive.Special Features:
- First TimeJPJKDined on 7/4/2014My wife and I made reservations over my phone. We had never been to Different Point of View. The view was just incredible , and the 4th of July fireworks were nice. The food was top quality of the season. I would recommend this to your short list of must do in Phoenix.jSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdayIslandboyDined on 7/4/2014Not to take too much from the experience of the meal, but the views may have distracted our palates enough to keep us from fully engaging in, or being critical about the food. My wife & I cautiously ordered seafood dishes and thankfully without regret - my wife's scallops were done just right; my Atlantic Char was slightly overdone on one side. The service was on par to our expectations of such a restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful view and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/3/2014The view is amazing and the food was great. We had a desert that tasted like a chocolate banana it was beautiful to eat and look at.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Epicurean's Delight!KashDined on 6/27/2014Amazing service, and great location. We enjoyed chatting with the locals as well as the wonderful staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 1281 reviews are from the Different Pointe of View reviews archive.
- Most enjoyableOntheroadagainDined on 6/21/2014Very good food, impressive presentation, great wine, beautiful view!Special Features:
- Anniversary Dinner.TManDined on 6/21/2014Excellent dining experience from the food, service, & to the scenery.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT SERVICE AND FOOD!mcmxinDined on 6/21/2014I recently visited DPOV and found it to be amazing. I was celebrating my six year anniversary and the staff was more than accommodating. I was very surprised at how well they worked with me to get every detail perfect that night. The chef even catered to my vegetarian diet and whipped up a fantastic dish. It was obviously a bit pricy, but the quality of food and service highly reflected that. Overall, I loved the experience and will be back again!Special Features:
- Full AccessreutxgalDined on 6/21/2014The service at Different Pointe of View made us felt so welcome and they treated us well. We are Deaf, they would find a way to make a gesture with us which was very awesome. We loved there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome viewDaveDined on 6/20/2014We picked the place to celebrate our anniversary and found a real gem. We got there early and had drinks in the room below the restaurant. There is a walk out balcony with a south facing view of the city and the mountain at dinner we had a window table to watch the sunset on the mountain. Then the city lights became the attraction after dark. Service was great and the food presentation 5 star.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wow....just wow!kimvwDined on 6/19/2014Amazing service and the staff is so friendly! The food is great, the view is great.... What an amazing place!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best!jewinloveDined on 6/19/2014Food channel quality food, world class view, superb service.Special Features:
- spectacular experiencebrettsmithDined on 6/18/2014The food is amazing! The service is excellent and the view is spectacular. Will definitely be going back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dr KASGDrKASG1Dined on 6/14/2014This is the most spectacular views of phoenix in a setting which is amazingly beautiful. The most enjoyable part of this place aside from the food which is beyond wonderful is the service . The people that are there to take care of you and your experience with them are truly a gift. You can also enjoy drinks and appetizers before dinner out on their patio, best to arrive in time to see the sunset and if you are lucky enough you will have a moonlit sky to accompany a wonderful evening, this is one place not to pass up, so go enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Step Above the RestAvignonDined on 6/14/2014The total package: the artistic quality of the the food, the ambiance, and the fine service make this hilltop restaurant a step above the rest. The brunches are excellent, but we tried dinner for a change, and the chef must be very good, because the quality of the cooking was quite a surprise. When brunch is offered, the pastries are outrageous. There is a patio for dining outside, with a beautiful hilltop view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/13/2014We tend to frequent a Different Pointe of View for special occasions. This time it was our 22nd wedding anniversary. We were greeted with a "Happy Anniversary" from every staff member we engaged with. The location is fabulous and there is no better place to watch the sun set over Phoenix. The food was amazing and we were treated with a chef's special that is a hometown Maryland specialty. We just happened to hit it on the right night. From wine to dessert, everything was top notch.Special Features:
- BD CelebrationDRBinDPDined on 6/13/2014This place was fantastic at all levels. Going back for sure.Special Features:
- great anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/11/2014All the staff were very professional and acknowledged our anniversarySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DPofVOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/11/2014Lovely setting and the food was excellent.Server Ian was very knowledgeable and friendlySpecial Features:
- Incredible ViewSOASOASDined on 6/11/2014Excellent menu with better than expected value for the locationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinnerLauraDVIPDined on 6/10/2014I have been to Different Pointe of View on a few occasions, it is my "go to" restaurant for the beautiful sunsets, when I have friends in town. That being said, there are other restaurants I have tried that have beautiful sunset views, with marginal food. Different Pointe of View has wonderful food, the fish was cooked perfectly, the veggies are always fresh and not overcooked and you MUST save room for the gorgeous and delightfully tasty desserts!Special Features:
- BW51Dined on 6/7/2014Different Point of View is always a winner. We go there for special occasions and with special friends because we know we will be very pleased with the experience. We have never hesitated to recommend this spot to our friends. The views are fantastic. Food is great, they will do what ever you want with the meals. My wife is vegan, and the Chef always comes up with a great solution to fit her requests. The wait staff is is tops. Louie was our Waiter and he was the best. Try it, you'll like it.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014We really had a great experince in the restaurant, however the room and pool area was the reason why we decided to go home after dinner. It was very loud and not romantic what so ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gorgeous ViewsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/6/2014The restaurant was warm and inviting. Breath taking views. Just stunning altogether. The wait staff was superb. Manager on duty was outstanding made sure we had the perfect table and very gracious. Food was elegant and tasty. I would go back for special occasions and to bring guests from out of town. It is about a 35 min drive from our home in Chandler, AZ. The drive down from the mountain at night is gorgeous with the road being lit with just the right amount of light.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not my favorite as a steak loverOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/6/2014The view was awesome. We love filets and lobster. Usually nice restaurants know how to cook a medium rare filet. These were overdone. We sent them back and received a pair that were closer but didn't want to ask a second time.Special Features:
- The service and food was greatjimphxDined on 6/6/2014My wife and I were celebrating a special occasion and you made it into a special evening. Thank you. JimSpecial Features: