Different Pointe of View
Hilton Tapatio Cliffs
11111 N. 7th Street
Phoenix, AZ 85020Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Different Pointe of View
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.differentpointeofview.com/
- Phone: 602-866-6350x
- Hours of Operation:
Dining Room: Sunday - Thursday, 6 - 9:30 pm; Friday, 6 - 10 pm; Saturday, 6 - 10 pm; / Terrace Room: 5pm - Daily
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Anthony DeMuro
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Known as the premier destination wedding location in the state, Different Pointe of View's cliff-side ceremony site and stunning terraces are unmatched. Also very popular for corporate events, Bar/Bat Mitzvahs, and celebrations of all kinds, you have to see this venue to believe it. Contact Traci Fox at 602-866-6397 for a site tour today!
A word from Different Pointe of View
Poised 1,800 feet above the Valley of the Sun, Different Pointe of View offers guests breathtaking views second only to the outstanding regional American cuisine that features fresh local and organic ingredients. The restaurant's mountaintop location and floor to ceiling windows provide stunning views of the desert landscape, the city's twinkling lights in the distance and Arizona's brilliant sunsets. No restaurant in the state has a longer streak of consecutive AAA four-diamond awards and Sunset Magazine named it one of the top 10 mountaintop restaurants in the nation. Valley residents have come for years to celebrate birthdays, anniversaries, romantic evenings or just treat themselves to one of the most unique Arizona experiences. The Terrace Room Lounge, next to the restaurant, features one of the largest patios and a nine foot fire pit on the cliff sideContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Different Pointe of View - Best Restaurants in Phoenix ›
Different Pointe of View reviews from OpenTable diners
117 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.9Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (110)romantic (107)special occasion (100)great for outdoor dining (47)notable wine list (41)fit for foodies (36)good for groups (16)neighborhood gem (15)late-night find (15)hot spot (9)great for brunch (6)vibrant bar scene (6)kid-friendly (4)great for lunch (2)Show More
- Anniversary Dinner.TManDined on 6/21/2014Excellent dining experience from the food, service, & to the scenery.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT SERVICE AND FOOD!mcmxinDined on 6/21/2014I recently visited DPOV and found it to be amazing. I was celebrating my six year anniversary and the staff was more than accommodating. I was very surprised at how well they worked with me to get every detail perfect that night. The chef even catered to my vegetarian diet and whipped up a fantastic dish. It was obviously a bit pricy, but the quality of food and service highly reflected that. Overall, I loved the experience and will be back again!Special Features:
- Full AccessreutxgalDined on 6/21/2014The service at Different Pointe of View made us felt so welcome and they treated us well. We are Deaf, they would find a way to make a gesture with us which was very awesome. We loved there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome viewDaveDined on 6/20/2014We picked the place to celebrate our anniversary and found a real gem. We got there early and had drinks in the room below the restaurant. There is a walk out balcony with a south facing view of the city and the mountain at dinner we had a window table to watch the sunset on the mountain. Then the city lights became the attraction after dark. Service was great and the food presentation 5 star.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wow....just wow!kimvwDined on 6/19/2014Amazing service and the staff is so friendly! The food is great, the view is great.... What an amazing place!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best!jewinloveDined on 6/19/2014Food channel quality food, world class view, superb service.Special Features:
- spectacular experiencebrettsmithDined on 6/18/2014The food is amazing! The service is excellent and the view is spectacular. Will definitely be going back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dr KASGDrKASG1Dined on 6/14/2014This is the most spectacular views of phoenix in a setting which is amazingly beautiful. The most enjoyable part of this place aside from the food which is beyond wonderful is the service . The people that are there to take care of you and your experience with them are truly a gift. You can also enjoy drinks and appetizers before dinner out on their patio, best to arrive in time to see the sunset and if you are lucky enough you will have a moonlit sky to accompany a wonderful evening, this is one place not to pass up, so go enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Step Above the RestAvignonDined on 6/14/2014The total package: the artistic quality of the the food, the ambiance, and the fine service make this hilltop restaurant a step above the rest. The brunches are excellent, but we tried dinner for a change, and the chef must be very good, because the quality of the cooking was quite a surprise. When brunch is offered, the pastries are outrageous. There is a patio for dining outside, with a beautiful hilltop view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/13/2014We tend to frequent a Different Pointe of View for special occasions. This time it was our 22nd wedding anniversary. We were greeted with a "Happy Anniversary" from every staff member we engaged with. The location is fabulous and there is no better place to watch the sun set over Phoenix. The food was amazing and we were treated with a chef's special that is a hometown Maryland specialty. We just happened to hit it on the right night. From wine to dessert, everything was top notch.Special Features:
- BD CelebrationDRBinDPDined on 6/13/2014This place was fantastic at all levels. Going back for sure.Special Features:
- great anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/11/2014All the staff were very professional and acknowledged our anniversarySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DPofVOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/11/2014Lovely setting and the food was excellent.Server Ian was very knowledgeable and friendlySpecial Features:
- Incredible ViewSOASOASDined on 6/11/2014Excellent menu with better than expected value for the locationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinnerLauraDDined on 6/10/2014I have been to Different Pointe of View on a few occasions, it is my "go to" restaurant for the beautiful sunsets, when I have friends in town. That being said, there are other restaurants I have tried that have beautiful sunset views, with marginal food. Different Pointe of View has wonderful food, the fish was cooked perfectly, the veggies are always fresh and not overcooked and you MUST save room for the gorgeous and delightfully tasty desserts!Special Features:
- BW51Dined on 6/7/2014Different Point of View is always a winner. We go there for special occasions and with special friends because we know we will be very pleased with the experience. We have never hesitated to recommend this spot to our friends. The views are fantastic. Food is great, they will do what ever you want with the meals. My wife is vegan, and the Chef always comes up with a great solution to fit her requests. The wait staff is is tops. Louie was our Waiter and he was the best. Try it, you'll like it.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014We really had a great experince in the restaurant, however the room and pool area was the reason why we decided to go home after dinner. It was very loud and not romantic what so ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gorgeous ViewsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/6/2014The restaurant was warm and inviting. Breath taking views. Just stunning altogether. The wait staff was superb. Manager on duty was outstanding made sure we had the perfect table and very gracious. Food was elegant and tasty. I would go back for special occasions and to bring guests from out of town. It is about a 35 min drive from our home in Chandler, AZ. The drive down from the mountain at night is gorgeous with the road being lit with just the right amount of light.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not my favorite as a steak loverOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/6/2014The view was awesome. We love filets and lobster. Usually nice restaurants know how to cook a medium rare filet. These were overdone. We sent them back and received a pair that were closer but didn't want to ask a second time.Special Features:
- The service and food was greatjimphxDined on 6/6/2014My wife and I were celebrating a special occasion and you made it into a special evening. Thank you. JimSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/6/2014Very scenic, good food, good service and I would recommend this to my friendsSpecial Features:
- ExcellentArMcDined on 6/3/2014Fabulous setting and view. Great food and serviceSpecial Features:
- amazingnicknameDined on 5/31/2014The service was top notch. Staff was very knowledgeable of the menu, wine list, and drinks served at the bar. The ambiance and the view was amazing. The food was very flavorful and well cooked. No complaints from me. I would and already have recommend the restaurant to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 10+ years and still enjoyingDPVfansDined on 5/31/2014Our birthday dinner, Sat May 31 was the best by far! Ian was our server and he was very knowledgeable and treated us like we were his only guests. Ian took the time to explain ingredients, wine, and never seemed rushed. Ian brought Chef Anthony out to meet us which was thoughtful and cool. We discussed the amazing velvety lobster bisque, which Anthony mentioned is gluten free - yummy. Hubby had the smoked duck special which was very tasty and I had the usual hangar steak which is melt in your mouth goodness. We finished off with lovely cappuccinos and chocolate caramel cake. It was the best night we have experienced in all of the years we have been coming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/30/2014Took my wife here for her Birthday. The food was good as well as the service but the view is astounding and something everyone should see. I requested a table with a view in the notes section of our reservation which was accommodated by the staff. We will be back for other special events.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 1255 reviews are from the Different Pointe of View reviews archive.
- Restaurant week gemBboyAlphaDined on 5/25/2014We loved coming here for restaurant week. We did not get a seat up close to the scenic view area but we still got to see a lot of beautiful phoenix. The food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- waiter was very unpleasantguydineinphxDined on 5/24/2014I had taken my girlfriend for her birthday. Our waiter was an older gentleman who never introduced his.name to us. Our food was also an hour wait. Very nice and romantic atmosphere but I think it's by far the worst service I've been to for a fine dining restaurant of this.caliber.Special Features:
- Beautiful view of PhoenixTshackTravelsVIPDined on 5/23/2014View was great. Food was pretty good. Definitely try the lobster bisque, it was amazing. Great place for a date night or for a visitor looking for an outstanding view of the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/23/2014We were celebrating our anniversary and were looking for a special meal. We were more than pleased with everything! The food, the service, the view and the ambience made this a very special night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Very Special PlacemaybenexttimeDined on 5/23/2014Our party of five (three from out of town) were thrilled with the ambiance - spectacular views, etc. While the food overall was excellent, some of us felt it did not live up to expectations: The Diver Scallops were disappointing to this reviewer - a little too highly seasoned. However, those who had steak were happy.Special Features:
- Visit to Different Pointe of ViewGoodMomentDined on 5/22/2014Had an awesome experience with ambience & very good food.Special Features:
- ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/21/2014I loved the view and the restaurant itself. However, the service was not the best. The server didn't attempt to explain any of the food items and was less than attentive. The restaurant itself was not very busy but the server was not to be found for extensive periods of time on various occasions. If I am going to spend a significant amount on dinner, I expect to be treated better. Other than that, the view is the best part.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service not 5 Star.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/21/2014Upon being seated, our waiter passed us by several times without acknowledging our presence. His service was mediocre, while his assistant was prompt in serving us water, bread basket and spreads. The food and ambiance was impressive for our first visit to this establishment.Special Features:
- Couldn't Be BetterHungryVIPDined on 5/21/2014Wonderful evening. Food was terrific (as always), view matchless and Ian couldn't have been more attentive - really enhanced the value of the wine and entrees. This is doubtlessly our favorite "nice" spot in Phoenix.Special Features:
- Re-living Our HoneymonKatAtTheTableDined on 5/20/2014My husband & I first dined at Different Pointe Of View on our Honeymoon trip to Phoenix in 1989. It was such a breathtaking, magical setting that we definitely wanted to revisit it for our 25th anniversary in May. Sitting high atop a mountainside, it has fabulous views of North Mountain, with the entire Valley and city of Phoenix in the distance. The outdoor patio is a wonderful place for drinks while soaking up the sun(set) and vistas. Inside the restaurant is lovely with understated decor and a focus on the views; it is terraced, so even the tables toward the back are in luck. Service is very professional, and the food quite good. Hopefully we will make it back there for our 50th anniversary... and many times in between!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal with an even better viewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/20/2014Decided to try this place out during Restaurant week and we were not dissapointed. The view was amazing and the waiter knew his wine list like no other. Will definitely be coming back.Special Features:
- RamblingRoseDined on 5/19/2014This was delightful. The food, the view and the friendliness of staff cannot be beat. The room was very nicely appointed. Parking was a cinch. We really enjoyed this and will return next year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/18/2014The dining experience at Pointe of View was amazing. The service was impecable and the food was excellent. The breathtaking views are worth the drive for sure. I would go back in a heartbeat.Special Features:
- anniversary dinnerlookoutbyDined on 5/18/2014Shrimp and filet entrees were well prepared. Cucumber salad was awesome. but they were out of the Pino Noir I asked for. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommended!JudesDined on 5/17/2014Our first visit in many years and we thoroughly enjoyed it. The view is spectacular, the service friendly and the food was excellent. The hanger steak was a hit as well as the grilled shrimp. We'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.