Simon Pearce Restaurant
1760 Quechee Main St.
Quechee, VT 05059Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Simon Pearce Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.simonpearce.com/
- Phone: 8022951470x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch 11:30am - 2:45pm Monday - Saturday
Dinner 5:30-9pm each evening
Sunday Brunch 11am - 2:45pm
Reservations accepted for dinner only
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Chef Jerod Rockwell and culinary team
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: From black tie to Vermont casual, make the occasion and the setting yours. Experience personalized service in a unique and unforgettable setting. The Loft at Simon Pearce is the perfect place to host your next meeting or special event. This private upstairs room in the historic Mill at Quechee was once the home for Simon and his family. Tucked away from the bustle of the retail store and restaurant, The Loft features a quiet and spacious room with grand windows overlooking the Ottauquechee River and falls. Combined with the award-winning American cuisine of Joshua Duda, extensive wine selections and impeccable service, our team will design a truly memorable event for you and your guests. The Loft is an ideal setting for business lunches or dinners, wedding showers, small weddings and private corporate meetings. Guests can watch glassblowers, shop in our retail store, and enjoy the quintessential Vermont dining experience. The Loft will accommodate 72 seated or 100 guests comfortably.
- Private Party Contact: Meghan Mahoney 8022952711x3319
A word from Simon Pearce Restaurant
Simon Pearce Restaurant, recently voted one of America’s Most Romantic Restaurants by Travel and Leisure and Best of New England, VT : Meal with a View, offers Creative American cuisine utilizing fresh local ingredients, thoughtfully prepared and attentively served in a classic restored Mill overlooking the Ottauquechee River. The staff motto is "quality without pretense." The dining room is casually elegant with views overlooking the waterfall and covered bridge. Recipient of Wine Spectator's "Best of Award of Excellence" since 1993, they offer a series of wine dinners monthly from November through May. They feature handmade glassware and pottery, which you can observe being made in their on-site glass and pottery workshop at The Mill. Enjoy their retail shop before or after you dine. Reservations are not accepted for lunch but are accepted for dinner. The restaurant will do their best to accommodate requests but does not guarantee any specific seating.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Simon Pearce Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Quechee ›
Simon Pearce Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
211 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (179)special occasion (155)romantic (131)fit for foodies (123)notable wine list (65)great for lunch (50)great for outdoor dining (43)neighborhood gem (43)great for brunch (35)good for groups (28)kid-friendly (10)hot spot (10)vibrant bar scene (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- A wonderful eveningJimBobGADined on 6/20/2014Any ten-day vacation needs to have at least one meal in an upscale restaurant, and we chose Simon Pearce to be this summer's memorable dining experience. We had never eaten there before but, based on the restaurant's website, took a chance. Luckily, we had reservations, and were seated promptly, drink orders were quickly taken and delivered, and the service was perfect: efficient, careful, and friendly. From drinks to dessert and coffee, almost everything was perfect. The only negative experience was the soft-shelled crab appetizer, and I can't blame that on the restaurant. I'm not a soft-shelled crab fan but thought that perhaps Simon Pearce would do it differently. They DID it differently; I still don't like soft-shelled crab.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great viewdddineDined on 6/15/20142nd bad year in a row. Last year terrible service, this time terrible dinner despite communicating this with the server. I guess that's it for Simon Pearce. Too bad after 13 years of enjoying myself there!Special Features:
- Delicious food, great viewFoodWithFriendsDined on 6/15/2014We had lots to celebrate and chose Simon Pearce. It was perfect. The Quechee Balloon Festival was happening, so hot air balloons were sailing past our window, together with the natural beauty of the river and covered bridge. The service was perfect--intuitively attentive. The food was perfectly cooked--great duck, halibut and the beet salad was perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent qualityDerecpDined on 6/14/2014This is our third time at this restaurant. The quality of food and service continues to be high and an evening here very enjoyable. The setting is outstanding, too. Only criticisms: the A/C was turned on when it was not needed.Special Features:
- Quechee GemmollybelleDined on 6/14/2014We love going to Simon Pearce. You have to try the Vermont cheddar soup. Your life will never be the same. The chef will give you the recipe upon request. Very friendly. Come as you are. No need to dress up but you can if you wish. Always a memorable trip. Right next to the Quechee covered bridge, overlooking the waterfall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Romantic SettingQJusDined on 6/5/2014Simon Pearce is one of the best locations for that perfect romantic evening out in the area. The food and service are exceptional and the view is un surpassable. After dinner take a stroll through the glass blowing studio (located in the same building) and watch the artistic creation of simon piece masterpieces.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday wishesfarmgnomeDined on 6/4/2014We celebrated my mom's 80th birthday here. She was very pleased.. The service was polite and welcoming. Viewing the glassblowers after dinner and the raging waterfall under our table was breathtaking.Special Features:
- gourmet start to finishOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/2/2014From soup to salad to entrée to dessert -- all were fantastic. We had carrot ginger soup, kale Ceasar, all 3 fish entrees offered that evening, and pot au creme to finish -- all wonderful. And the table is of course set beautifully.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous food, and a killer viewRoseDined on 6/1/2014My husband and I ate here to celebrate our 1 year anniversary. The table was overlooking the dam and it was sunset, the combination was awesome. Our waitress was helpful, considerate, and prompt. She was there exactly when we needed her, and made sure that our glasses were never empty. My husband had steak, and I had codfish, they were both perfect. Desert was delicious as well. Highly recommended, and though it may be a little pricey, it's worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cbhm pre race dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/31/2014Fantastic meal with friends and family. Between the adults we had the chicken, duck and cod and all were delicious. The white chocolate moose is decadent, the meringue and creme brûlée were amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NealDined on 5/31/2014This is one of our favorite restaurants in New England. We travel just to go to this restaurant.Special Features:
- worth the tripwilltravelforfoodDined on 5/30/2014We drove 90 minutes to meet friends for dinner and it was so worth it. The wait staff were perfect, the menu was wonderfully varied, and the presentation was beautiful. One member of our party had the salmon and said it was the best he had ever had.Special Features:
- Amazing dining experiencemominnhDined on 5/28/2014The food was delicious--I recommend the lobster bisque, kale caesar salad, Vermont cheese plate, and the cod. The wine list was ample and there was an abundant selections of wines by the glass. The view is spectacular can't be beat. The service was top notch, never obtrusive. Finally, one of the best parts of the evening was the experience of drinking out of lovely Simon Pearce glassware and eating off of lovely stoneware. In short, a pretty perfect evening in every way.Special Features:
- Never disappoints!Rosebud44Dined on 5/27/2014We've enjoyed several scrumptious dinners at Simon Pearce and we are always completely satisfied. It is a spectacular setting, the food is exceptional and interesting and the ambiance romantic, rustic and comfortable. I would recommend without reservation (but make one just in case!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 1083 reviews are from the Simon Pearce Restaurant reviews archive.
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/24/2014Super dining experience as always. We come here for special occasions.Special Features:
- Great atmosphere, food adequateOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/19/2014I love going to Simon Pearce for the great view, great service, and lovely atmosphere. However, I always expect the food to be better than it is.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/16/2014I hadn't been to Simon Pearce for many years, but remembered it as a fine restaurant. We were not disappointed. Excellent attention to detail.Special Features:
- CharmedConcordNativeDined on 5/16/2014So much more than just wonderful dining! They also have their glassblowing studio and retail store on site. Get there early to take in these other interesting components. Maitre-d kindly honored my request on Open Table for window seat for husband's birthday dinner and he also wished my husband a happy birthday. Upscale-casual atmosphere with an amazing view overlooking the river, covered bridge, and waterfall that powers the entire complex with hydropower. Food was exceptional and portions were perfect.Special Features:
- Simon Pierce is a gemFussyfoodieDined on 5/16/2014Food, ambiance, service are all impeccable. The view of the waterfall is dramatic. As an added bonus, I enjoy the beautiful creations Simon Pierce shop offers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerJTC1Dined on 5/16/2014After touring the entire facility, we then had an amazing meal! The service was great. It was so much better than we expected. We will stop again when we are in the area.Special Features:
- Better than expected.MrsOTUDined on 5/15/2014I thought this might be a tourist trap, but our dinner was much better than expected. Our cheese board was very nice. My short rib with potato puree and harve covert was delicious. My husband's strip steak was good, but they seem to do a funny thing here in Vermont with a steak---they serve it sliced?? It was the second night in a row my husband ordered strip steak (at two different restaurants) and both arrived sliced in thirds on the plate. It's very odd, and the steak is not that hot when served because of it. You would never see that in a steakhouse. Unless it's london broil----please don't slice a $30+ steak.Special Features:
- Scenic and Great Foodjp83Dined on 5/14/2014I have come to, and brought friends from far and near to Simon Pearce Restaurant for years. After the beauty of its natural setting, the most notable aspect of Simon Pearce is the high quality and local freshness of the food - every time. It is my favorite restaurant in our whole area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodjojoVIPDined on 5/10/2014We've been to this restaurant a several times over the years and it has never been a disappointment. This last visit was this past Saturday evening, celebrating my daughters college graduation. The view is amazing, and our waitress, one who has served us before, was super attentive. The food was typically good, and the experience contributed to our celebratory mood. . Hope to return to Simon Pearce again someday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently FineBalletFanDined on 5/9/2014The ever-changing, inventive menu plus old standards (horseradish baked cod!) plus excellent but affordable wine list and gorgeous views of the dam and Ottauquechee River make Simon Pearce a very special place. We've been here 25-30 times for both dinner and lunch and have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- A real gemFoodiej12Dined on 5/3/2014Very pleased with the overall experience. Food was fantastic. The atmosphere is sophisticated and elegant.Staff is very attentive. The area is nice to walk around to see the covered bridge, glassblowing below the restaurant. I can't wait to go back! What a treat it was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!JS97VIPDined on 5/3/2014Simon Pearce is Wonderful and I highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good food!CygnuspixDined on 5/3/2014I love coming back here once or twice a year for a solid foodie experience. The specialty cocktails are amazing.Special Features:
- Birthday celebrationNHwineloverDined on 4/25/2014My husband and I celebrated his birthday on a Friday night in April. The restaurant was not crowded and the noise level was low. The food was wonderful, the wine list extensive, the waitress very knowledgeable and attentive and the ambiance lovely. It was a completely delightful evening. I recommend saving time to view the glass blowing downstairs which is very interesting and to visit the beautiful gift shop filled with gorgeous Simon Pearce glass ware.Special Features:
- Beautiful Atmosphere Inside and OutWinersAndDinersDined on 4/19/2014We had a perfectly lovely dining experience. The scenic Vermont view is splendid and the restaurant's modern classic design is remarkable. Our dinners were marvelous and the service perfect. Simon Pearce always meets our expectations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beautiful view, correct foodlaeticia1200Dined on 4/19/2014The visit is worth thé trip ,but we had better meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sparkling!SonataDined on 4/18/2014With sunlight sparkling through the windows overlooking the river, we enjoyed a special family dinner at Simon Pearce. The food selection was creative and delicious. All of the servers were thoughtful. The views overlooking the river, dam, and sunset provided the perfect setting as we dined using beautiful Simon Pearce tableware.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Order meat rarer than usualAbbieDined on 4/18/2014The experience was enjoyable and the cheddar soup and bread were delicious, but I was disappointed with my main course. I ordered the sirloin medium, but the meat was very overcooked. It seemed closer to well done and ruined the experience. This is actually the second time I've received a disappointing steak at Simon Pearce. I would suggest ordering it rarer than you typically do or skipping the steak altogether. The person I was with got the lamb and thought it was very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & outstanding viewkeithmVIPDined on 4/13/2014The food is always excellent here. It's the view that really makes this place standout. It's situated "over" a mill dam. At this time of year with the spring runoff, is it spectacular. Not as wild as when Hurricane Irene came through, but still fantastic. We started with the tomato cumin soup. Really rich with flavor. We then had the Maple glazed salmon & the roast Duck. Duck is some of the best we've found in New England. Crispy without being too greasy. Salmon with the Maple glaze is just right. We had the Opera Tort & Sticky toffee pudding. The Opera Tort could have had a bit more chocolate flavor. My partner being a pastry chef is really picky. My Toffee pudding was excellent. Pretty authentic British flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simon Pearce French Wine DinnerEnzymeDined on 4/11/2014The wines were a mixed group and interesting. One of the reds was not particularly good. The food was paired exceptionally well with the wines and represented a treat with each course. The blend of tastes and textures and colors was wonderful. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Dining ExperienceTDHillDined on 4/5/2014While I dined here several years ago, I was still surprised by the wonderful experience of dining at Simon Pearce. The hostess and wait staff could not have been any nicer- just wonderful people! Our table by the window had a lovely view over the waterfall. The chef was flexible for our vegan food preferences, and the meals were delicious. It's a beautiful, romantic place with nice people & amazing food. Admiring before the meal, the glass-blowers at work, and then later in the restaurant above drinking from a wine glass that one of them made, is just cool. The shop on the main floor is like a beautiful museum. One feels, as you drive home across the quaint covered bridge, that you've just experienced a magical evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Presentation Is EverythingtmoeDined on 4/2/2014I've lived in the area for almost 15 years and been meaning to go for most of that time. Now I'm kicking myself that it took me this long, The food was very good. I have had better sirloin but not by much. The uniqueness of the sides, and appetizers was wonderful, an the deserts to die for. The presentation, atmosphere and service are what reality set the place apart. All in all, my wife and I could not be more pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredibly deliciousLinnyDined on 3/24/2014I took my adult daughter to Simon Pearce for her birthday dinner on a quiet Monday night. Lovely ambience at dusk with a serene winter view. We aren't big eaters so a salad and entree with house wine was plenty. We each ordered the panko horseradish encrusted cod which was one of the very best fish dishes I've ever had. We both loved it. Our server, Beth, was the best too. Warm and attentive ---easy connection. So looking forward to going back, special occasion or not. Well done, Simon Pearce.Special Features:
- Disappointing wine dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/21/2014Simon Pearce is our go to restaurants for all things celebratory. For the past couple of years we've attended the monthly wine dinners that generally run December through April. We have found them to be a great value, wonderful food and delicious wines. At the March dinner, however, they made substitutions to the fixed menu that had I known would happen, I would have cancelled my reservation. I checked the posted menu again right before leaving for the restaurant and it had not changed from the original. I was very disappointed. In the future, I will call before going to find out whether substitutions have been made.Special Features:
- FantasticsquirrelVIPDined on 3/16/2014One of the best dining experiences we've ever had. From the bread basket to the dessert, everything was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding as usual!LadyJaneDined on 3/15/2014Simon Pierce never let's you down! Fabulous food in a splendid setting -- their horseradish crusted cod is superb! Couldn't ask for a more delightful evening with friends..Special Features: