9415 Montgomery Road
Cincinnati, OH 45242Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.germanosrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 513-794-1155
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Germano's Ristorante
Germano's, located in the quaint gaslight section of downtown Montgomery, has been consistently delighting patrons with the finest Italian cuisine since 1986. Chef owner Domenico Germano hails from the Molise region, but Germano's fare showcases a mastery of authentic sauces and preparations from all over Italy. Germano's diverse menu includes fresh seafood, the finest center-cut beef and veal, and wonderful pasta dishes, all prepared with heart and soul, and served by a knowledgeable and friendly staff. Domenico's wife, Angelina prepares all of the delicious desserts, including her renowned raspberry pie and tira mi su. Wine lovers can rejoice as Germano's wine list is one of the most extensive in Cincinnati, including an unparalleled selection of aged Italian classics. Germano's accommodates private parties and offers carry-out, including a limited family-style carry-out menu. When dining at Germano's, let Chef Domenico know you're there.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Germano's Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Cincinnati ›
Germano's Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
65 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (40)special occasion (39)romantic (30)fit for foodies (28)notable wine list (24)great for lunch (9)good for groups (8)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- The Piccata is the best anywhereOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/3/2014Great neighborhood spot, everything you need for a memorable meal. Never disappoints.Special Features:
- ExcellentRosegardenDined on 5/3/2014Our food was very good along with the service. Our waitress was very attentive to our needs.Special Features:
- Family celebration!BlessedDined on 5/1/2014We were celebrating a birthday and wanted a special place no one had been before. Germano's delivered!! I always request a round table for better conversation flow. They had a round table ready for us. The food was amazing especially the veal!!! Thank You!Special Features:
- First Time, Great TimeBobbyVIPDined on 4/25/2014First time guest at Germano's. Food was terrific. From the starting bread with olive oil through the raspberry pie for dessert had an outstanding meal. I had the veal picatta, my spouse the off menu chicken parmigiana, both delicious. Our server, Jamie, was top-notch for a 22 year-old, though a 7 year veteran of the restaurant. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Consistently High Quality FoodLauraVIPDined on 4/24/2014Every meal I have had at Germano's has been outstanding! I had the sole special and it was very well prepared and perfectly seasoned.Special Features:
- Very charming, excellent entrees,marciDined on 4/5/2014Very charming, excellent entrees, salads and homemade desserts by Mrs. Germano! One of my favorite restaurants! And always great service!!Special Features:
- Great food and service. TheCinrojaDined on 4/4/2014Great food and service. The veal piccata was flavorful and tender.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceLynyrdDined on 3/29/2014Well worth the drive from the west side - you know we need a special pass to go this far east. Veal was outstanding and pasta was perfect. Service was excellent and paced very well. Don't miss the tiramisu - rich and creamy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- authentic ItalianthomasmccarthyDined on 3/28/2014There are several excellent Italian restaurants in Cincinnati, But Germano's ranks in the top 3. Consistent quality, great atmosphere, quiet, and excellent wait staff makes this a repeat choice. Great value makes it top 3.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Italian - local treasureroseroseVIPDined on 3/26/2014I was traveling for work and wanted to have a nice meal. I found Germano's and I could not have been more pleased. The staff was friendly, the service impeccable, and the food was delicious. My co-worker could not eat the salad he ordered due to a medication issue, and the chef/owner came out and asked how he could accommodate the dietary needs of my co-worker. The chef made a special salad for my co-worker. That was unusual and so thoughtful. The veal was fantastic, the biscotti was delicious. I can't wait to go back if ever in town again. Don't miss this place!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service Great foodpgoodDined on 3/26/2014Food was phenomenal. Brian was an excellent server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CharmingRobmatt63Dined on 3/26/2014From the moment you walk through the door you are.made to feel like you're the most important customers. I have been here twice,once for business and once personal.I had the same experience both times. The menu is original and offers a variety of items to meet everyone's desires. They also have an exceptional wine list. Some desserts are handmade by the owners wife daily. I recommend the Raspberry pie after a delicious meal this is the perfect way to end the meal because it's so light and refreshing. I can't wait to go back and bring others to have the experience that I have had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top restaurantChiVisitorVIPDined on 3/21/2014Germano's has always been a top restaurant. We can count on delicious food every visit. Whether it's the specials or off the menu, the meals are perfect.Special Features:
- First time experienceMariaItaliaDined on 3/14/2014Our arrival time was 8:45 on a Friday. We never felt rushed, even though we were one of the last to leave. I was very impressed with their menu selection and the number of specials for the evening. Petto Di Pollo A La Milanese con Fettuccine Alfredo and Crabmeat stuffed sole piccata with fettuccine alfredo were excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious DinnerEasternDined on 3/8/2014Germanos never disappoints me and once again we had an amazing dinner. The special, Sea Bass, was cooked to perfection and there wasn't any food left on either of our plates. The chef was out in the restaurant quite a bit showing guests to their tables and making sure everyone was happy with their selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great tast, small portionOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/1/2014Very nice little place. The prices were not to bad and a great menu and wine list. Calamari app was very good! I was a little disappointed in my portion size of the ravioli. The other entrees in the group seemed larger though. I was also disappointed in the "famous" raspberry pie. I know it was supposed to be homemade but did not fast like it. I guess I was expecting it to be like my grandma used to make it and it was far from it. Some people I guess like the "gelatin canned" filling but I am not one of them.Special Features:
- All three of us ordered differentchoochDined on 3/1/2014All three of us ordered different items from the menu; not one of us was disappointed. Even the gluten-free pasta was tender and tasty. We had not noticed the specials on the way in and did not ask the prices. We were surprised that they were so expensive! Be sure to ask the prices of the specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place! Great Food!TandDDined on 2/22/2014Germano's continues to be one of our favorite places to go. Being born and raised on Long Island, NY we moved to Cincinnati 13 years a go and were so grateful to find Germano's. The food is great and the staff is wonderful. We one time ate across the street at the Montgomery Inn and were less than satisfied. We called over to Germanos's asking if we can come by for dessert. They welcomed us with warmth and great food. We also did the same one time after going to Berresse's. Germano's is a great restaurant and would have no problem making it as a great restaurant in NY. If you want great Italian food Germano's is a MUST!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great family celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/21/2014Had a great family celebration with lots of food and laughter and raspberry pie !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was my second time diningWorkLuncherDined on 2/15/2014This was my second time dining at Germano's, and I was more impressed than the first time. I had the seabass special the first time I dined at Germano's, and it was amazing. They had a similar special last weekend, and I requested to get it prepared with another sauce (in an effort to recreate what I had the first time). Mr. Germano came to our table to make sure he understood what type of sauce I wanted. He provided recommendations based on what I liked, and made it to order. Service doesn't get any better than that! I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent QualitylizabeVIPDined on 2/15/2014One of my top favorites! Excellent preparation, interesting menu, consistent quality. Friendly professional staff! Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice for Valentines Daylc1116Dined on 2/14/2014My husband and I went to Germano's because we had heard so many great things about it, and it did not disappoint! The food was very good and our waitress was amazing, very attentive. It's not an "every weekend" place for us just because it's somewhat pricey, but really great for special occasions! Great place!Special Features:
- Consistently GreatQbirdDined on 2/14/2014Germano's is our favorite restaurant in the Cincinnati area. We know we can always get a fantastic meal and wonderful service every single time we go. We can't wait for our next visit there!Special Features:
- One GripDickDined on 2/13/2014Unless you took the time to look at the menu board at the entrance, I did not even see it, you do not know what the price of the Specials is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful FindluvitalianDined on 2/8/2014I have driven past this restaurant so many times wanting to stop and until Sat. evening had not. It you are like me don't waste your time go to Germano's now! The food is to die for!!!!!!! the attention to detail is wonderful. Our server was very helpful and knowledgeable .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I brought out of town people.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/8/2014I brought out of town people. They thoroughly enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gremano's is one of our favoritesckw45065Dined on 1/21/2014Gremano's is one of our favorites in northern Cincinnati. This was celebration event and we had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent fare and service.momjudDined on 1/18/2014Excellent fare and service. Good choices and knowledgeable server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always, a very good diningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/18/2014As always, a very good dining experience. We always get a very nice experience there.Special Features:
- Very RomanticOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2013My girlfriend and I went here on New Years Eve and had a great dinner. Very romantic and quiet. The food was unreal and we paid a lot less that we thought. Great date spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely eveningSueZDined on 12/28/2013We had a lovely evening at Germano's. We were seated at a candle lit table by the window, and the ambiance was great. We shared a crostini appetizer which was delightful and the pasta dishes that followed were great as well. Can't wait to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timemobuckDined on 12/21/2013This was my girlfriend's first visit. She'd heard lots of good things from her parents. We each had seafood from the day's specials. Food was excellent, and the waiter - David did a great job. Very attentive, but not overbearing. Will definetly be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently well-preparedJeffVIPDined on 12/20/2013Consistently well-prepared with fresh ingredients. I would eat here every week if I could arrange it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysSantaFeForeverVIPDined on 12/19/2013You can always count on great food at Germano's. Had dinner with friends who are moving into the neighborhood. They loved it as well. Don't miss the homemade raspberry pie!!Special Features:
- Girls Night OutLuvtodineoutVIPDined on 12/18/20134 of dined at Germano's this week. I enjoyed the caesar salad and spicy seafood pasta-lots of seafood and delicious spciy sauce and the focaccio bread was delicious. My friend had the salmon which she said was good-and ait was huge portion that she took home. Another had the chicken marsala which she said was delicious. Nice ambiance, good service.Special Features:
- You must try this place1196STDined on 12/17/2013Had a family holiday lunch . Food was outstanding;service memorable. Lemon Sole and Rissoto melted in your mouth. Would definitely return to try other menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Germano'sNonamegivenVIPDined on 12/14/2013One of our favorites! Great meal as always. I like the fact the owner is always present and visible every time I'm there. He's either checking the reservation book or stopping by in the dining room or just around. That's why this restaurant is successful. We will be back soon.Special Features:
- First time...but not the lastRJFSDined on 12/14/2013This was our first visit to Germano's. It definitely won't be the last. Everyone in our 4-person party had a different dish, and each was outstanding. Not only was each Italian-themed dish excellent, but my steak was one of the best I've had outside of an upscale steak restaurant. The famous raspberry pie lived up to its reputation too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Germano reviewKarthikDined on 12/14/2013Impressive wine list. I tried the "Mongro" and it was silky smooth. Not strong or harsh. My Entree was the crabmeat stuffed sole piccatta with fettucine alfredo sauce. It was yummy and had a class. The desserts were also good. I tried the raspberry pie and my wife had the chocolate espresso bomb. The bomb was much better than the pie. The good thing about the pie was that the whipped cream was not sweet striking the right balance between the sweet and tangy raspberry pie and the cream. I was a little disappointed that the Amaretto souffle was not there. But, I'll try it the next time. Overall, great service and a great experience. Lucky, if you are seated with the view of the Montgomery downtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night outcincisicilianoDined on 11/30/2013Nice restaurant overall. Parking behind restaurant is convenient. Food and dessert were wonderful. Service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.