177 Tremont Street
Boston, MA 02111Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.teatroboston.com/
- Phone: 6177786841
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:30pm; Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Monday: CLOSED
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Jamie Mammano
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The restaurant is available for a complete buyout.
A word from Teatro
Teatro, located in the theater district overlooking the Boston Common, offers a modern approach to classic Italian dishes. The design of Teatro is both elegant and informal. The open kitchen and high arched mosaic ceiling gives the room a theatrical presence. Teatro offers a full bar and wine list. Full menu is available at the bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Teatro reviews from OpenTable diners
178 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (91)special occasion (78)neighborhood gem (73)romantic (57)good for groups (40)hot spot (32)notable wine list (29)vibrant bar scene (22)late-night find (17)great for lunch (8)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Fantastic in every waymaggieDined on 5/16/2014We have been here twice before going to the theater and both times the food was excellent and waitstaff attentive, professional and genuinely looked like they loved their job! I don't usually get dessert but if you ever go I recommend highly the vanilla bean carmel dessert. It is absolutely amazing. I can't wait to go back, one of my most favorite restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oppi328VIPDined on 5/15/2014Teatro has delicious food and marvelous service! It is located in Boston's Theatre district so many of the diners who go there have a limited amount of time. The restaurant is wonderful about getting a 2 or 3 course meal to the diners in a short amount of time! We only had an hour when we ate there last week, but we were still able to enjoy a gourmet meal before our show! I had a Caesar salad and swordfish, and my husband had a scrumptious octopus appetizer and a chicken Milanese entree. All were fabulous! We highly recommend Teatro!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JackieDined on 5/15/2014We went before a theatre performance. Service was very good for people going for a specific time. Food was very tasty just not exceptional. First time I went was to meet people I didn't know,well. A good place for that. Price point good and very pleasant without being "over the top ". Comfortable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly DeceivingJBE123Dined on 5/11/2014From the outside, it looks like a run down hole in the wall. However, when you walk in, it is a beautiful looking restaurant. The food was delicious and fresh. The staff was nice but could have been a little more attentive (side note, I was sitting at the bar and not at a table). I highly recommend this place!Special Features:
- sighOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/10/2014Very pretty place and great feel. It was loud and hard to hear wait stuff and friends across the table.OK food, menu changes so id go back then. Flat bread pizza has no sauce so that was weird. Gnnochi was not flavorful at all, but scallops were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Doesn't belong in the same groupROCKSGVIPDined on 5/10/2014I don't normally comment on a place but I am a big fan of this restaurant group. Best in the city in my view--Sorrellina, Mistral, L'Andana, Ostra. All very fine. Teatro doesn't belong in the same group. Mediocre food. Service was attentive but lacks the special feel and attention of the other restaurants. Only thing that matched the other members of the group was the price. Probably an OK place if you want a forgettable meal right before a show.
- Great pre theater dinnerCarlyDined on 5/10/2014I went here on Saturday night before an 8 pm show at the Wang. Food, service, and cocktails were outstanding. I will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great Antipasto plateOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/8/2014Had the best and most interesting Antipasto plate I have experienced. 8 or 9 different small things along the outside of a large plate, all delicious, with a nice amount of Prosciutto and shaved Asiago cheese in the middle. I also had the small plate spinach ravioli in sage and cheese sauce. Very nice!Special Features:
- Teatro shineswestfordDined on 5/4/2014From the moment you step into Teatro, you feel that this is going to be an outstanding experience. Warm welcomes from the valet, reception desk, our waiter, and the ambiance set the tone. Bread is yeasty, crusty and yummy. Our past favorite was steak frites, which is no longer on the menu. However, the lightly breaded chicken served with arugula and shaved parmesan was delicious. Teatro's location makes it a perfect choice for pre- or post-theater dining..Special Features:
- pre-theater findsouthendloyalVIPDined on 5/2/2014Food was great with lots of small plates and apps from which to choose, as well as interesting entrees. Great for theater goers and a change of restaurant scene for those who frequent the South End or Beacon Hill. Vibrant without being overwhelming. No complaints whatsoever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special placeBrenjieDined on 5/1/2014Small and large plates allowed us to try many different dishes. The best bolognase sauce. The food is hot when it is served and delicious.Special Features:
- DottieVIPDined on 5/1/2014Always a good experience---food great / service great.
- good choice for pre-theaterOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/1/2014A very convenient place for pre-theater dining. Excellent staffers. Pleasant, efficient service. Good food. Rather high noise level as tables filled.
- Teatro - a disappointment.AnotherfoodieVIPDined on 4/27/2014The food was just OK, drinks were below average ( I had the house special Marguerita which tasted as if it were made with a mix), service was fair and the valet parking attendant was snarky. I would not recommend.
- good food, ok serviceLillixDined on 4/27/2014We went out to tetoro for a quick birthday meal before going to the opera. The food was really good, and came out quickly, but the service was just ok. My boyfriends order came out wrong, not even close to the dish he ordered, and the waitress took forever to get the right dish. She also barely spoke to us or came to our table. Other than that, we loved it here, and will probably come back when we're going out to the theater.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/26/2014Our food was fabulous and the service was great. Kudos to the hostess Jenny...she was delightful and friendly!! Overall a wonderful place for dinner before a show at the Opera House!!Special Features:
- Teatro still superbpussycatDined on 4/25/2014Overshadowed by new arrivals Teatro is worth revisiting as the food is superb, Everything is made special and chef will do variations based on that night's alternatives. Some of the best variations on pasta sauces around. Modern Italian at its bestSpecial Features:
- flowersDined on 4/25/2014Everything we ordered was very good, but hands down, the mushroom risotto was the group favorite. The waiter was helpful and knowledgeable regarding the wine list. Our only complaint was that he disappeared for long periods of time so we eventually felt rushed to make the theater. Yes, we did tell him were had tickets.Special Features:
- Delicious BlendLeslieAnneDined on 4/25/2014My husband and I went to Teatro before going to The Book of Mormon. It was a perfect location for just walking over to the theater after dinner. It was also an amazing experience. The food reminded us of our month in Southern France with that blend of flavors that just delights your palate. I would highly recommend.Special Features:
- Reliable and innovative selectionsYogaenthusiastVIPDined on 4/24/2014On a very busy night, before one of Book of Mormon's concluding performances, Teatro was packed. That did not deter the well-trained staff and kitchen. We shared several small plates, and were pleased by all selections. The baby kale and beet salads were superb - excellent dressings to complement really fresh ingredients. The octopus salad and cannelloni stuffed with braised duck exceeded all expectations. And the fried calamari is what you hope for - small rings, very light batter and yummy dipping sauces. Our only disappointment was not having a larger party so we could enjoy more of the many delicious offerings. This place has long been a favorite, and continues to be an excellent choice for downtown dining. We will return.Special Features:
- ducksterDined on 4/23/2014Teatro is a wonderful place for a great before theater dinner. The menu options arte extensive and the wait staff will pace the meal to make sure you have enough time to make the opening curtain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Before TheaterOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/23/2014Delightful restaurant - food is very good - selection is also good - prices are reasonableSpecial Features:
- Pre- TheaterOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/22/2014Terrific spot for a dinner before the theater! Great service and a delicious dinner steps away from the magnificent Cutler Majestic Theater!Special Features:
- Pre-Theatre Dining GemdebatecoachDined on 4/22/2014We loved going to Teatro before a show at the Boston Opera House last night. The menu is fresh, varied, original, and creative. Because we were attending a show, we had wines by the glass and three appetizers and a small pizza. The apps were beet salad, lamb meatball, and grilled octopus - all of them excellent and uniquely presented. The white cheese pizza with hot peppers was delicious. For dessert we had panna cota and gelato and both were truly outstanding. We arrived a little after five and walked to the theatre at seven. Although this place is noisy and crowded, it's a real find, and our server was very attentive.Special Features:
- One of our favorite restaurantsBigDDined on 4/20/2014Everything ordered was fantastic. You must try the mussels..they were awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy and DeliciousmugsyDined on 4/19/2014Food was incredible, service was wonderful, wine was delicious, and the atmosphere was beautiful. Al dente was actually al dente.Special Features:
- A great find!SbostonDined on 4/19/2014The menu is fresh and innovative and the location can't be beat! We came here before a show at the Opera House and it was wonderful. Drinks (both beer and mixed drinks) we delicious and the food was outstanding. We got the beet salad and duck cannelloni to start, which were both awesome. For dinners, we got the minute steak and the sea bass special. They were good but would not get the again. For dessert, the panna cotta was just amazing. Light and creamy and didn't push our full bellies over the edge!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food/serviceKittyVIPDined on 4/18/2014We went to Teatro before a play. Given it's proximity to the Opera House we decided to give it a try and we were pleasantly surprised. The wine list was superb (and not super expensive). Mushroom Risotto was exceptional as was my husband's entrée. We decided to split a Caesar salad and an appetizer. It's always a nice touch when a restaurant goes ahead and makes up two smaller plates of salad when you indicate you want to split a salad. Not a bad thing to say about Teatro. We definitely will returnSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/18/2014We dined here before going to an evening performance at the Boston Opera House. The food was very good and we found the portions quite generous. Overall I thought it was good value. The service was excellent --efficient and friendly. It was a short walk to the theatre.
- We love TeatroSilkeVIPDined on 4/17/2014A perennial favorite. Even when jammed before theater, it's good. The service is professional and attentive without being overbearing... much more Euro-style than most in Boston. The food is always good. This is a perfect spot to combine with a movie at Boston Common. Has been consistently excellent for a loooooooooong time!Special Features:
- Great pre-theater placeAMP1Dined on 4/17/2014This is a great restaurant, the food is amazing and the wine list great. Only thing is the tables are VERY close together, so be prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food and servicemonkeymegDined on 4/16/2014My family and I had the pleasure of dining at Teatro before a show at the Boston Opera House (which is a quick walk away). As one of the restaurants owned by the Columbus Hospitality Group, you expect fantastic food and service -- and Teatro delivered on that! We enjoyed some nice Italian wine, the best calamari I have ever had, and fantastic antipasto to start. Then, for entrees we ordered the duck cannelloni, bolognese, and the apple pizza. Everything was terrific. I can't wait to go back. Thank you Teatro for providing a delicious start to a great night out in Boston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- marjoVIPDined on 4/16/2014The food and service were really good. Menu choices were varied and everything we ordered was Excellent including the Octopus and Duck Ravioli. The eggplant and Pasta dishes were first rate. Small but good priced wine list. only one complaint - ordered a bottle of still water instead of tap water, $10 for a bottle of Panna!!! Give me a break, why not just say it is not available or at least warn your customers you are about to really charge them for WATER!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/13/2014Everything we try there has wonderful flavors, and the service has always been excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food in a beautiful settingOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/12/2014Had dinner here as a last minute option while visiting an old friend. I'm vegan and he is not. Our server and the kitchen staff went out of their way to accommodate my dietary needs. Food was excellent and everyone was very pleasant. Kjell and I had not seem each other on 4 years and Teatro was the perfect place to have dinner. Highly recommend to anyone visiting Boston or a local Bostonian to check this place out...you will be happy you did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Boston Italian restaurantsteveoncapeDined on 4/12/2014Saturday night, very busy restaurant but great service and great food none the less!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great servicekaskasDined on 4/11/2014Even though I had to make last minute changes to increase number of people in our party, staff was very accommodating .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/11/2014Food was very good - we had the mushroom risotto. We were there Friday at 6, but the wait staff starting rushing us on our bill before we finished our dessert even though there was no line. They may have overbooked their reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convenient to theater...so-so foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/11/2014My husband and I ate here before seeing Book of Mormon at the Boston Opera House. It was an excellent location for a short walk to the theater afterward, and pleasant ambiance. We found the food very so so though. I had a steak which was greasy and salty, and the same could be said of my husband's risotto. (Oily and salty). For the price and plethora of other dining options in Boston I would not recommend to a friend.
- Another Excellent Night at Teatro!PvblueDined on 4/6/2014We were a group of 6, came in after the theatre (after the "teatro", haha) and we all had a wonderful time: Food, service, etc. ere simply great. Antipasto, calamari, arugula salad, mushroom risotto, swordfish, pasta with lobster, those are the dishes I recall, and they were, without exception, all delicious!Special Features: