1052 West Monroe
Chicago, IL 60607Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.carmichaelsteakhouse.com/menu/
- Phone: 3124330025
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Executive Chef: Dean Eliacostas
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Carmichael's Chicago Steak House has 3 private dining rooms to host groups from 6 to 100 guests and a beautiful outdoor courtyard that will accommodate up to 200 guests. The entire restaurant can be bought out for groups as well for a full Chicago blowout. From weddings and rehearsal dinners to pre-game team outings, Carmichael's places our experienced and professional staff at your service.
- Private Party Contact: Jennifer Roche 3122267018
- Special Events: Mothers Day May 9 we will open at 1:00 and we will be serving our regular menu and a special mothers day menu. Make your reservations. The patio will be open however it is seated on a First come basis.
A word from Carmichaels Steakhouse
Carmichael's is a true gem located in the revived West loop. It is old Chicago with real style. A phenomenal culinary experience with a fabulous outdoor patio and a hearty Steakhouse dining room. With scrumptious bread baskets and beer cheese, to mouth watering BBQ shrimp and most delicious Certified Angus Beef Steaks. Of course no meal is complete without the delectable desserts our Chef prepares. Our centrally located restaurant is right off 290 and 94, complimentary Valet parking for every guest who dines at the restaurant. Located just a few blocks from the Opera House and the Theater district, a few minutes to the United Center, it is always nice to take advantage of our complimentary Carmichael's shuttle to and from all events at the United Center. Within Carmichael's we have 3 private dining rooms ranging in size for special and private dining. The comfortable atmosphere, inviting staff and the impressive dining experience will be one you will only find here at Carmichael's.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Carmichaels Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
191 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (116)neighborhood gem (106)special occasion (98)good for groups (80)romantic (54)fit for foodies (52)great for lunch (34)notable wine list (33)kid-friendly (26)hot spot (20)vibrant bar scene (17)scenic view (14)late-night find (10)great for brunch (8)Show More
- Best steak in chicago, interestingOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 2/14/2010Best steak in chicago, interesting wedge and wonderful sides. Service is quick and of high quality. Nice outdoor setting in the summer, interesting interior in the winter. Nice old fashioned bar in the front.Special Features:
- Carmichaels was great. WeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/12/2010Carmichaels was great. We were a little surprised at the low amount of people in the restaurant when we arrived, but we were just a little early. By the time we left, there was a large amount of diners and there was an increased level of excitement. Great Food. Great Service. I will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Great food, good wine andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/9/2010Great food, good wine and beer selection. Went on a night of a Blackhawks game so it was rocking. Pretty sure that is not the usual scene but I fit in great so I had a blast!
- Our steaks were very good.jommaDined on 2/6/2010Our steaks were very good. Our waiter got our orders wrong and they came without the special toppings we had ordered. Ended up getting them on the side. The environment is pleasant, although somewhat noisy.
- I had been to Carmichael'sOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/6/2010I had been to Carmichael's once before and that's why I returned. I was there with 5 other people and we had a great time and great food. It's very warm and cozy inside and the service was friendly and effecient.Special Features:
- Very good steak! no need forOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/5/2010Very good steak! no need for shirt and tie, no cost valet is a definte plus.Special Features:
- To be fair, it was beforeWaltDined on 2/5/2010To be fair, it was before a Hawls game. Food was good,sevice was a ittle lacking due to the crowd. We tried to order early but couldn't find the waoiter. We still got out on time but then had to wait for the car. Too crowded for a nice dinner. Lunches have been great.
- Excellent pre hawks experience.AndyVIPDined on 2/5/2010Excellent pre hawks experience. Steak and wine is great
- Used this location for preOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/3/2010Used this location for pre Hockey Game. It was perfect for meeting and being close to our destination. The food was great and the service was even better. Albeit very loud, but this was a hockey crowd.Special Features:
- great for pre-bulls or blackhawkOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/2/2010great for pre-bulls or blackhawk event. They made sure we got out of there on time
- great food and service wasLakeLifeDined on 1/24/2010great food and service was outstanding. I wasn't sure about a wine choice but the bar provided me samples of the two bottlesSpecial Features:
- My family had a nice timeJoyHDined on 1/24/2010My family had a nice time and everyone vowed to return!Special Features:
- The food and our waiter..OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/23/2010The food and our waiter.. were EXCELLENT!!! Thank you.. It was our first visitSpecial Features:
- I chose Carmichael's SteakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/15/2010I chose Carmichael's Steakhouse to celebrate my birthday. I was not disappointed. I had reservations and when my wife and I arrived, the staff was very cordial and escorted us right in. We enjoyed the before dinner cocktails and appitizers. The main courses were great. We stayed and had after dinner cocktails. All in all, the event was enjoyable and we look forward to returning.Special Features:
- I was concerned about theSeeMonsterDined on 1/14/2010I was concerned about the negative reviews that I found online on Carmichaels but took a chance as I had enjoyed dinner there before. I am happy to report that my experiance was great. Service was good, foot was great and we enjoyed ourselves. I had blue cheese bone-in filet and it was fantastic. Cooked perfect and melted in my mouth. We also really enjoyed the Buffalo Chicken Spring Rolls and Ahi Tuna appetizers. We did arrive after the hawks game started so service wasn't a problem. I would recommend that if you are looking for a steak joint in this location, you won't go wrong at Carmichaels.
- FIVE STARS all the way aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/13/2010FIVE STARS all the way around at Carmichaels! From the hostess to the busboy. Very enjoyable dinner!
- Excellent food. Try the terryakiSteve4031VIPDined on 1/13/2010Excellent food. Try the terryaki steak sandwich. Cheese that cone with rolls is awesome.Special Features:
- Nothing spectacular, but nothingDinermeisterVIPDined on 1/12/2010Nothing spectacular, but nothing amiss either. Tried the skirt steak; it was decent. My husband had the short rib special and it was YUMMY - very, very tender and delicious flavor. This review is somewhat clouded by the occasion which brought us and our dining companions to the restaurant...the death of a family member of one of the companions. I have a special place in my heart for Carmichael's though; have had a number of really good, reliable meals there, there is a great outdoor patio in the summer, it had a terrific package deal when Cavalia was in town, and the complimentary valet parking is the icing on the cake.Special Features:
- The food is excellent howeverOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/9/2010The food is excellent however I was shocked at the price of $12 for a Beefeater martini.Special Features:
- Carmichaels is truely oneOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/8/2010Carmichaels is truely one of the most under-rate restaurants in Chicago. The food is amazing!Special Features:
- love the service - the steaksOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 1/6/2010love the service - the steaks - the burgers - the staff - the salads - the fish - the desserts...great events and a fun and diverse wine selection keep us coming back again & again.Special Features:
- As a steakhouse, we were notOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/3/2010As a steakhouse, we were not that impressed. I didn't think the steak I had was that great - just a normal steak, a bit tough. The baked potato seemed overcooked. The asparagus was good. If we go back, it will be to try the simpler, less expensive dishes. We will leave the steaks for a better steakhouse.Special Features:
- We had a great time at Carmichael'sOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/2/2010We had a great time at Carmichael's. It is one of our favorites...although our last visit was in the winter, we can't wait for summertime to eat outside on the patio! We will definitely be back soon!!Special Features:
- Although we went in January,OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 1/2/2010Although we went in January, it looks like this place has a great patio. It's very convenient to the United Center, which was why we chose it. Appetizer choices aren't very appealing, but you probably won't mind, given the cheese spread and bread basket that come with the meal. The steaks are great, large and tender, and come with a complimentary choice of coatings--usually a rather expensive add-on at most steakhouses.Special Features:
- I was extremely disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/31/2009I was extremely disappointed with the experience, including our reception from the hostess. Mostly though was the steak being way overcooked and thus way over priced. For a $200 dinner, I expected better food.
- Good food, but probably notDanielADined on 12/31/2009Good food, but probably not as good as some of Chicago's top steak housesSpecial Features:
- We had a great dinner... oneOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/27/2009We had a great dinner... one of the best steakhouses I've ever visited.Special Features:
- We had a great meal for ourOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/26/2009We had a great meal for our annual get together with good friends. We wanted a place that had the following: reflective of Chicago, easy to get to, easy parking, nice atmosphere for conversation, good food, excellent service, good atmosphere with round table, and would allow us to sit and enjoy our time together for hours and hours. Places like this are hard to find and I did a lot of research before selecting. Carmichaels delivered on all of these for us and it was a great time for us and our out of town friends.Special Features:
- Our waiter served our tableOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 12/22/2009Our waiter served our table of 6 and tables on the other side of the room. He was slow to take our drink order. No baskets of bread were placed on our table. When our dinner was served by a different waitress...it was like a jump-all..she asked who had ordered what meal. This is not what we expected for a $300 bill(we were there for under an hour before a Blackhawks game)nor this quality of restaurant.
- Great for lunch. Service wasJennyDined on 12/22/2009Great for lunch. Service was fairly quick. A couple of people in our group ordered veal parmigiana but it was too dry (overcooked).Special Features:
- Coming in from Chicago Heights,OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/19/2009Coming in from Chicago Heights, the restaurant was very easy to find-right off the freeway and perfectly positioned to get us to Redmoon within 8 minutes. The service was incredibly efficient, but the food...OMG, the food! Our table entree's were BBQ Ribs, grilled Pork Chops and Mushroom Ravioli. WOW! Not only did we LOVE each of our entree's, we all took a bite from each others plates and commented, "I have to order that next time!" BTW...it was the first visit for all of us. Highly reccommended!!!!Special Features:
- I love Carmichael's. NerverRushedVIPDined on 12/18/2009I love Carmichael's. Nerver had a bad anything there. Service, food, everything was superb, even when we arrived an hour late on a horrendously bad weather and traffic night and with a over capacity crowd they still managed to get us out and on our way for the play we were going to see.Special Features:
- The food is tasty, but I thoughtpaulamacDined on 12/17/2009The food is tasty, but I thought the prices were too high and the portions too large. If 60% of Americans are overweight, Carmichaels isn't helping anyone serving this much meat. Cut portions and prices and I might become a regular.
- I think the food was reallyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/5/2009I think the food was really good. All of my friends enjoyed the place. It's clear that the neighborhood patronizes this spot, but there is a large contingent of outsiders who appreciate good food, environment and service. This is a very cozy restaurant, good for a date, family affair or just hanging out with friends. You can tell this place has quite a clientele of established patrons who have a tradition of going to Carmichaels. If you've never gone, it's easy to feel right at home at Carmichaels right from the start with, complimentary valet, great bar service, right down to the meal and dessert.Special Features:
- Food was good. Service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/5/2009Food was good. Service was a bit slow for a retaurant 1/2 full. I will return and give it another try. I liked the ambiance.Special Features:
- We go to Carmichael's a lotOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 12/4/2009We go to Carmichael's a lot and love it every time. The perfect steak place. They also have great sandwiches, salads and some fish choices.Special Features:
- Good food and fun place toOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/4/2009Good food and fun place to be before a Hawks game.Special Features:
- Very enjoyable dining experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 12/1/2009Very enjoyable dining experience. I've always loved the ambience, food quality and service at Carmichael's, particularly when going for a pregame dinner. It's a very convenient place to meet people and the free parking is a huge plus. They also do a really nice job of making sure you get in and out in time for the game. The service had slipped a bit during my past couple visits so I was very happy that things were back on track with the great level of service I'd received in the past. Great steaks, great wine and great ambience!
- We went there recently asOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/28/2009We went there recently as a family (three boys 16-22, my wife and I). It was a personal family celebration and we were in search of a good meal. Carmichaels did not let us down. The steaks (everyone had a different cut) were outstanding. Service was very good and the ambiance was not nearly as loud as I expected based on other reviewers. There was a reasonable crowd for late on a Saturday but not close to a full house. We didn't need to wait although we did make reservations. Had a great meal, dessert and were not rushed to the door. Would definitely return.Special Features:
- wait staff was horrible. weOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/27/2009wait staff was horrible. we were at our table over 25 minutes and the waitress never came back to take our order. we ended up leaving and no one seemed to care...extremely disappointing as i live in the west loop.