1052 West Monroe
Chicago, IL 60607Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.carmichaelsteakhouse.com/menu/
- Phone: 3124330025
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Executive Chef: Dean Eliacostas
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Carmichael's Chicago Steak House has 3 private dining rooms to host groups from 6 to 100 guests and a beautiful outdoor courtyard that will accommodate up to 200 guests. The entire restaurant can be bought out for groups as well for a full Chicago blowout. From weddings and rehearsal dinners to pre-game team outings, Carmichael's places our experienced and professional staff at your service.
- Private Party Contact: Jennifer Roche 3122267018
- Special Events: Mothers Day May 9 we will open at 1:00 and we will be serving our regular menu and a special mothers day menu. Make your reservations. The patio will be open however it is seated on a First come basis.
A word from Carmichaels Steakhouse
Carmichael's is a true gem located in the revived West loop. It is old Chicago with real style. A phenomenal culinary experience with a fabulous outdoor patio and a hearty Steakhouse dining room. With scrumptious bread baskets and beer cheese, to mouth watering BBQ shrimp and most delicious Certified Angus Beef Steaks. Of course no meal is complete without the delectable desserts our Chef prepares. Our centrally located restaurant is right off 290 and 94, complimentary Valet parking for every guest who dines at the restaurant. Located just a few blocks from the Opera House and the Theater district, a few minutes to the United Center, it is always nice to take advantage of our complimentary Carmichael's shuttle to and from all events at the United Center. Within Carmichael's we have 3 private dining rooms ranging in size for special and private dining. The comfortable atmosphere, inviting staff and the impressive dining experience will be one you will only find here at Carmichael's.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Carmichaels Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
215 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (133)neighborhood gem (114)special occasion (109)good for groups (78)romantic (61)fit for foodies (47)great for lunch (43)notable wine list (39)kid-friendly (26)hot spot (17)vibrant bar scene (17)scenic view (16)great for brunch (13)late-night find (13)Show More
- astroDined on 7/24/2014Fabulous filet. Just melts in your mouth. But I really go for the apple pie baked in a brown paper bag. Soooo good. I bring 1/2 home and enjoy for two more days just to extend the pleasure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Belcher's b-dayKeltDined on 7/20/2014Nice environment enjoyed a beautiful sunny evening. We ordered lobster it was not fresh as a matter of fact the lobster was soft and mushy. Would not recommend their seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steaks R UsDepchDined on 7/20/2014Great food. Great Service. Great atmosphere. Have been there at least a dozen times and will keep returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My ExperienceCEO2Dined on 7/19/2014I ask a friend for recommendations for dinner on my anniversary, he recommended Carmicheals. Wonderful recommendation! I was sold from valet, to the front desk, the server, and the bar. My wife and I love the restaurant! It has become one of our few favorite restaurants! Highly recommended!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- happyeater 1happyeater1Dined on 7/19/2014staff was very friendly waiter Arturo pointed out all the specials, drinks and food were promptly served and steaks were perfectly cooked. My wife and I are very pleased with our experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic Chicago Steakhouse . . .CarlaVZVIPDined on 7/18/2014we did the new york strip al forno and the porterhouse with garlic and herb butter . . . they were delicious, as were the garlic mashed and brussell sprouts. if you are looking for the steak house experience, this is a great place to go.Special Features:
- Neighborhood gemOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/17/2014Being from Iowa there is nothing I like better than a great steak and knowing Chicago is noted for great steakhouses I wasn't disappointed with Carmichaels. We were staying at a friends condo not far away and didn't want to travel to far so we took the chance and we weren't disappointed my husbands bone in ribeye was perfectly prepared and I had the crab legs that just fell out of the shell no fighting for a bite and was seasoned so you really didn't need lemon or butter. There was outdoor seating and though the weather was perfect we sat indoors enjoying watching the families outside in a park like atmosphere. I always enjoy coming to Chicago to try there many wonderful restaurants and once again I wasn't disappointed.Special Features:
- cookieDined on 7/15/2014Couldn't be a better place for great steaks and wonderful, attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Peggyo383Dined on 7/14/2014Had a lovely experience dining outside on Monday, July 14. The steaks were exceptional, perfectly cooked and the crust was delicious. We had lemon cake for dessert which was very different and will recommend to everyone. The weather was beautiful, temperate and breezy. The service was adequate. I wasn't quite sure who our server was...we seemed to have two. The only down side was some kind of music/noise coming from the gazebo beyond the flower boxes. The sound was discordant and loud but did tone down after a a while.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/12/2014Our waiter seem to be in a hurry most of the time--certainly did not make for a relaxed dining experience. 4 people should not be seated at a table for 4 because space is very limited at this table. Entrees are expensive and sides should be included---this would also free up table space if sides were served on the same plate. Nice that there is free parkingSpecial Features:
- Our new favorite steakhousemrswaveDined on 7/12/2014My husband and I went with two of our teens for a celebration dinner. The valet service was prompt and efficient. We were seated immediately though we were about 10 minutes early for our reservation. The view of the garden area was lovely and added to the ambiance. Our server was fantastic, always right there when we needed anything. The food was fantastic. My husband thought the Baked French Onion Soup was a bit too salty, but the kids and I didn't agree. FTR - the homemade beer cheese spread is NOT "Cheez Whiz" as some other reviewers have snarked. It does have a distinctive beer flavor though. Salads are definitely share-able in size, as are the sides. The steaks were all cooked to perfection, crusts heavenly. Very good dining experienceSpecial Features:
- Nice evening out.CafeyVino22VIPDined on 7/12/2014Nice dinner in a very warm and welcoming restaurant. I would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfu steakskrisDined on 7/10/2014wonderful food and great outdoor dining. a perfect combinationSpecial Features:
- Best steak value in Chicagofrp0511VIPDined on 7/8/2014Want the hexagon steakhouse experience without having to pay NYC prices? Carmichael's is your place! Great value. Also try the apple pie in a brown paper bag.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PhilVIPDined on 7/7/2014Probably one of the top place in Chicago for outdoor dining. Food was very good although my steak was medium rather than medium rare it was an excellent cut of meat and very juicy and edible. Sides were typical sharable size of Chicago Steakhouse. Asparagus was excellent. Great carrot cake!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with friendsSaraVIPDined on 7/5/2014Such a lovely place to have a great, basic dinner with only enough frills to make it above ordinary. Loved my tenderloin salad, everyone else enjoyed their steaks and the environment was perfect.Special Features:
- Not what it used to beHappyDined on 7/5/2014It's unfortunate but the food and the service are just average, and for the price of the lobster and the bone in filet you can get much better meals elsewhere. I used to consider this place one of my fav's too. Hopefully it was just a one time mixup but none of the good we ordered really blew my mind...other than the French onion soup. That was excellent. The oysters, muscles, lobster, and the steak were average at best. The lobster was actually disappointing. Overcooked and flavorless.Special Features:
- NotAcceptingBadServiceDined on 7/3/2014Our waiter was inattentive, got our order wrong and missed placing our order so we waited 3 times what we should have. I found your restaurant less than a year ago and loved the steaks (I've been to every big name steakhouse in Chicago). Been back twice but not sure if I will come again. With many places willing to go the extra mile to keep a customer, this was not apparent with this experience.Special Features:
- We love Carmichael's!ChicagoRestaurantLoverVIPDined on 7/3/2014The shrimp cocktail, scallops with asparagus, and the Gloria Ferrer sparkling brut is all we needed to be very happy. Ending with the brown bag apple pie is how we always end our evening at Carmichael's. Delicious!Special Features:
- blackman46Dined on 7/1/2014Food was good service was on point, a very good place to take the wife or a good friend for lunch or dinnr I wouldSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great expeienceMisterCarl915Dined on 7/1/2014Food is always excellent, and wait staff,and support staff are best in class!Special Features:
- Amazing steaks!ciaohoundDined on 6/28/2014We had great service, amazing steaks, and a wonderful bottle of wine. Chef Dean even came by to make sure everything was great! We really appreciated that extra touch of service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DateNightLuv2DineDined on 6/28/2014My husband and I came to Carmichael's Steakhouse as a suggestion by a friend and it was a great date night for us. The food was excellent, the service was good, the server had many tables and at times we had to wait for little things we needed but overall it was great.Special Features:
- Gold CoasterPanther59Dined on 6/28/2014Always good food/service at Carmichaels. Appreciate 'free' valet parking/with tip of course! Staff attentive. Love the large outdoor patio seating, even though it was pouring on the night were there! Great place for children to run around. Saw several pets 'dining' with their 'humans'. Enjoy being away from downtown Chicago and into a neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Steak and outdoor diningGinaDined on 6/27/2014We love Carmichaels for the quiet neighborhood outdoor dining and the never have been disappointed steaks! It is so nice and quiet on the tree lined street that you don't even feel like you are in the city. Most outdoor dining in the city requires you to sit on an often busy street listening to cars, motorcycles and breathing in bus fumes. This is the best place we have found for outdoor dining ambiance! My steak has always been cooked to perfection and love the horseradish crust!Special Features:
- Good but at great pricesDrDetroitVIPDined on 6/26/2014While the food was good and the outdoor dining was lovely, this place charges a lot more than it should for similar places. I would consider coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steaksSteveDined on 6/21/2014The New York Strip was one of the best I've had. A good variety of sides were big enough to share. Wine list is somewhat limited in my opinion, but found a decent Zin. Will definitely go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinerVIPDined on 6/20/2014Always a delight to be treated so kindly by Tina! Thank YouSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KatemOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/19/2014We went before a concert at the united center. They got us in and fed us with enough time to get to the show. Our waitress, Mary was awesome and the food was the the same. I had the sea bass my husband had a strip steak that he said was one of the best he's had. There were 8 in our party and everyone was equally as happy. Great night!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/19/2014Sitting out on the covered patio was delightful. Food was excellent. We were never rushed, very relaxing dining. We were going to the Queen concert at the United Cebter and took advantage of the free shuttle. The entire evening was great. Would definitely eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodCB912Dined on 6/17/2014A cheese and cracker starter is unusual and great. Accompanying bread was dull. Caesar Salad was exceptionally good and very shareable. Fillet was one of the best. Rib Eye steak was perfection. Highly recommend the au gratin potatoes.Special Features:
- Best Neighborhood RestaurantLiLMomaDined on 6/15/2014I hate that this place is closing next year for more darn condos; This is the best near downtown restaurant with free valet parking. This is a neighborhood gem. The food is great, big portions for the $ and the outdoor area is nice compliment. You can't go wrong with any of the dishes, awesome burgers, meatloaf is enought for 2 people, surf & turf is is enough for 2 people, the lobster tempura & chicken spring rolls are amazing. Just great food all around... a must visit!!!Special Features:
- GREAT FOODHUNGRY1104Dined on 6/14/2014Had a great romantic dinner, however, the server was a bit aloof and barely checked on us. The restaurant was not packed so I can't understand. Also, He was not very friendly and engaging, did not "sell" the menu. That was the sour point of the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Amazing ServiceBeaverhausenDined on 6/14/2014We had reservations for an early Father's Day Dinner for our dad. I must say that we will definitely be coming back again. This was our first time there. Our server was super nice. She gave us the time and attention to our needs. Very welcoming. As for the food it was delicious. The portions were pretty good. We ended up taking some home. All in all I would definitely recommend for diners to go here. Either it be for a special event or just to dine out it will be worth it.Special Features:
- 3 out of 4ashleyDined on 6/14/20143 out of 4 meals were amazing. my cousin's steak was way undercooked. I ordered med. rare he ordered med. and his was much bloodier than mine. when I pointed it out to the waitress she agreed but that was the extent of it. didn't send a manager over, didn't apologize. just acknowledged his was med. rare when it should have been med. I was upset as well because we were actually there to celebrate him. besides that it was a great experience. if we go again I would just pursue that we are paying a lot for everyone at the table to have the meal they asked for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not worth $$$, esp with kidsFoodiewithkidsDined on 6/14/2014It looks friendly enough for kids, except service: waiter fails to bring small silverware, like a tea spoon for the toddler, doesn't check in on us, though we come at 5, when he hardly has any tables, so we can't ask; food takes >25 min to bring though we warn we want to be in and out, though we order just a burger, two sides, and calamari, though we said bring whatever is ready. If not for the plastic chairs (outside) that go with the white tablecloth, would give ambiance a 5. We had asked to split the burger, and when it came, the waiter said to the bus boy, out of earshot, he though, "this was supposed to be split". The bus-boy shrugs and the waiter just puts it on table, without any comment, scalding hot, right in front of the toddler.
- Father's Day dinner for Hubbymoms70Dined on 6/13/2014My husband and I came to Carmichael's for a father's day dinner. Our reservation was at 5pm. When we arrived there may have been 1 or 2 families there which was nice. It was very quiet and our server was very attentive. The food was great. We both had steak. The ambience was a rugged loft look which my husband and I thought was great. The open space gave much room so it didn't feel crowded. We would come back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedNgDinerDined on 6/11/2014I think the title says it all. The quality of the food itself was spot on, however, for what we're paying for, I expected much more. If I had to choose between this and a place like Wildfire, I would choose Wildfire hands down. Bread was sub-par, service was just barely adequate, my water was never refilled. I had ordered two specials that were on the board and not the menu, both were over $40. I didn't receive any sides nor was I offered any. For that amount, I would hope I would get something more than a piece of meat with liquid on the plate.
- Second VisiteatoutoftenVIPDined on 6/7/2014This was our second time at the restaurant. Previously we both had steaks since this is a steak joynt. We had heard that other items on the menu were equally as good. This time my wife had the tuna which was excellent. I had a skirt steak and it was also excellent. The salads were extremely large, big enough to share. The dressing was excellent. The service was excellent. Previously the meal was served a little to quick for our liking so this time we only ordered the salad and waited to order the main course until done with the salad. If you are not in a hurry I would suggest ordering this way. The outdoor dining was extremely pleasant and who can complain about complementary parking in this location. Well worth the trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Ribs & FiletOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 6/7/2014The ribs were amazing in flavor and fell off the bone and the gentlemen's cut filet was excellent as well. The calamari was cooked perfectly and tender. The prices are reasonable for these items! Love this place. would have dined outside if there was not a promise of rain in the near future, as the outside dining area was appealing.Special Features: