Percy Street Barbecue
600-602 S. 9th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19147Neighborhood:
South Street / Queen Village
BarbecuePrice: $30 and under
Percy Street Barbecue
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.percystreet.com/
- Phone: 2156258510x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm to 10:00pm
Friday: 5:00pm to 11:00pm
Saturday: 11:30am to 11:00pm
Sunday: 11:30am to 10:00pm
The Bar is open until 11pm Sunday through Thursday and until 12am Friday and Saturday.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Barbecue
- Executive Chef: Erin O'Shea
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Percy Street Barbecue
Percy Street Barbecue features dry-rubbed brisket, ribs & chicken. Meats are wood-smoked in our authentic barbecue pits & served with classic sides. A full service bar offers 100+ craft beer cans, bourbon, cocktails & a vintage jukebox. Eat in or take out. Now open for lunch on Saturday and Sunday!Continued
Call the restaurant for details on our WHOLE BRISKET DINNERS (serves 6-8 guests, $250). Need at least 48 hours notice to book!
Call the restaurant for details on our WHOLE BRISKET DINNERS (serves 6-8 guests, $250). Need at least 48 hours notice to book!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Percy Street Barbecue - Best Restaurants in South Street / Queen Village ›
Percy Street Barbecue reviews from OpenTable diners
102 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (63)neighborhood gem (54)fit for foodies (41)kid-friendly (35)great for outdoor dining (27)great for lunch (26)hot spot (26)vibrant bar scene (13)late-night find (11)special occasion (10)scenic view (8)great for brunch (4)notable wine list (2)romantic (2)Show More
- Excellent food, smaller portionsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/8/2014The food was killer, but the portion sizes were smaller than you would expect from a barbecue place. I did not try it, but would recommend considering the Lockhart as it it supposed to be "family style" serving of the various offerings, which was a few dollars more than any single meal, but you get the chicken, brisket, and pulled pork. The music was a little on the loud side, which made conversation a little difficult, so I don't recommend it if you're trying to be discrete about anything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Triple D highlightberbev14Dined on 3/8/2014after seeing this place on Guy Fieri's DDD, we had to check it out and it was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great South Street BBQgao1014Dined on 3/7/2014We went to an art exhibit reception and my wife suggested we try Percy's; just down the block from the exhibit. We had an 8:15 reservation and were seated right away. I loved the decor, the seating and overall ambiance. A server appeared in just a couple of minutes and we ordered drinks, which were very good and well-priced. We decided on getting all appetizers and they were delicious. The deviled eggs were great (although, for the price, there should have been more than 3 halves). Turkey tails, fried oysters, sausage w/ grits and a skillet cornbread rounded out our order. All in all, the food was very good and were thoroughly enjoyed out time there.Special Features:
- Loved the atmosphere!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/7/2014We saw this restaurant on Top 50, so we went! The food was good, not outstanding, but we have a satisfying meal! The beer list is unreal, and the atmosphere is relaxed! You feel like you are eating at a BBQ restaurant the second you walk in the door!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great recommendation!SveneDined on 3/6/2014Went to Percy Street as a recommendation from my Temple son - to meet friends that were just in town for the night. What a delightful find - food was delicious (really delicious) and atmosphere great for catching up and enjoying food & drink!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dont judge a book by its covermumieDined on 3/2/2014I was recently disappointed at the Percy Street Barbecue restaurant because it was far less than the vibe that the website portrays. I thought I would go in and get finger licking good barbecue in a restaurant that gave off the smack your lips type food that comes with any good traditional barbecue spot. It was like a barbecue joint which was ran by some California executive who had never had barbecue a day in their lives. The ribs were too salty and not tender at all and the rootbeer float was made with the hard vanilla ice cream which sat at the bottom of the jar and never melted into the root beer at all. We drank the root beer and the ice cream was still sitting in the bottom of the glass hard as a rock; not cool at all. Not cool!!
- Best Mac n' Cheese!EstroVIPDined on 3/1/2014I just love their Mac n' Cheese. Best I've ever eaten. Their ribs are amazing, and also the brisket and pulled pork. Just a yummy BBQ meal! Also love their sweet tea. Did I say yum? The only downside for me in this place is the noise and the fact it's always too crowded and you cannot have a normal conversation. the ambiance there because of the really noisy atmosphere is not welcoming and while they play great music, you cannot hear it. But the food.... makes it worth it!Special Features:
- Great BBQLovsSouthernFoodDined on 3/1/2014I've seen Percy St BBQ on Triple D a few times and finally got a chance to try them out and Guy did not let me down. the food was AWESOME! being a born and raised southerner this food was right up there with the best ever had there. The wait staff was attentive and laid back and made you feel welcome. IT was a little noisy but that just added to the experience. I'd recommend this place for anyone that loves Southern and BBQ cooking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hit the Spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/1/2014This was a great place to grab a bite of well-prepared BBQ. The brisket melted in your mouth, the pulled pork was appropriately seasoned and the smoked chicken was moist. The house made BBQ sauces were very good as were the sides. I recommend the Lockhart sampler if it is your first time as it has the three meats mentioned above plus four sides for $19 each and is served family style. Atmosphere was upbeat with couples their 20s, 30s and 40s plus a few families and groups just getting their Saturday night started.Special Features:
- We really enjoyed the TurkeyluvphillyDined on 2/22/2014We really enjoyed the Turkey Tails and the Deviled Eggs. Also our sandwiches were excellent...pork belly and sliced brisket. Everything really had great flavor and the rolls they use are perfect. You do get a lot of food so come hungry. Probably the best BBQ where we have ever eaten! We will definitely be back. The service was fantastic...everyone was very pleasant and helpful!!Special Features:
- We had a lovely meal but foundOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/22/2014We had a lovely meal but found the brisket to be a little dry. The chicken was outstanding.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Make It EqualOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/22/2014One of the mean reasons why I traveled all the way from NY (Princeton area), was due to the way Guy Fieri of Triple D describe the Pork Belly sandwich taste. Additionally, the chef built a potent sandwich, in other words the meat piled on (large portion). My order, just two strips. Yes it was very tasty, just as the server said, just not enough. Will I give it another shoot, probably.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first time visit!Dmrogers14Dined on 2/22/2014My wife and I saw Percy St. BBQ on the TV show Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives. We thought we would give it a try. We were not disappointed. I had the pork belly sandwich. My wife had the pulled pork. Absolutely delicious!!!! We even walked right up to the Chef/Owner Erin O'Shea who was so down to earth, lovely and gracious. I recommend Percy St. BBQ to one and all. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkNYCNativeDined on 2/22/2014I got the pulled pork and it was salty. The Cole slaw that came with it was ok, nothing special. My husband got the brisket, he said it was ok, also not enough on the plate. He also got the German potato salad, that was delicious. Overall, Ok bbq, I wouldn't go.out of my way to come here again but glad we at least gave it a taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting and deliciousGood2goDined on 2/20/2014Interesting and delicious menu. Great time. Quite satisfied.Special Features:
- must go!!heartache831Dined on 2/18/2014Even if you don't normally like bbq like me, you must go! We had a brisket sandwich, horse radish mayo, green tomato, based beans, Mac and cheese, and pecan pie. Every single bit was delicious and we wanted to take some home, but we were only visiting! The easier recommended our drinks and based on what we told him he knew exactly what to get us. Clearly he knew is inventory of over 100 beers. Next time we're in Philly we don't intend to go else where for lunch or dinner!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Left DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/16/2014Really looking forward to our first visit to Percy Street Barbecue! Seated near window up front. Very cold and uncomfortable. Asked to be moved. Told no. Stayed because I heard that the food was terrific. Too uncomfortable to enjoy the cuisine. Probably won't go again. Really disappointed. Alana Robinson
- Overpriced and Good- for a backyardBudADined on 2/14/2014Bar was poorly stocked- No Crown Royal, ok, No Bacardi? WTH? twice in my life I've heard that. Chicken got a resounding OK. Ribs were a great value- I was still picking them out of my teeth six hours later. Very tough, ok flavor, sauces were good, decent portion. I'm not a great cook by any means and I have done better in the yard, on occasion.
- GladTiffanyJDined on 2/14/2014My girlfriend and I absolutely LOVE! this place! We like to come here as often as we can without making ourselves tired of the food. But the savory taste of what Percy's BBQ has to offer, WE CAN NEVER GET TIRED OF THIS PLACE! Our favorite date night spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BBQ outstanding in PHLESJTVIPDined on 2/8/2014This was a really good experience. Food is very good, wait staff is knowledgeable and beer list is beyond imagination. Have to return, lots left on the menu to try. Can't wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brisketYumfoodDined on 2/1/2014Had a very nice time and fully enjoyed the food. Service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, accommodating stafftyj247Dined on 2/1/2014I made a dinner reservation for 5 on a Saturday night for my birthday. The reservations were originally for 7pm but when they called to confirm, I asked if the reservation could be changed to 8pm and they changed it with no problem. Then when I got there a little after 8pm (parking was AWFUL), there weren't enough people to seat us. Most of my party didn't get there until around 8:45, and they still had the table waiting. I was very impressed. Now to the food: everything was delicious! We got to order from the restaurant week menu, with mac 7 cheese, brisket, pulled pork and chicken and 4 sides. All the meats were tender and so good. It was definitely a great way to spend my birthday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BBQMaryDined on 1/31/2014If you like BBQ Percy St is the place. Very tasty. Lots of meat. Sides are good too. Lots of food. The best Restaurant Week venue for the deal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressive BBQJeffDined on 1/30/2014This was some of the best quality BBQ that I've had above the Mason-Dixon. The service was delightful and the staff is knowledgeable about the menu, both food and drinks. Along, with great ambience and an incredible selection of beers, Percy Street BBQ made for a fun and hip location for a second date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We've been 3 times and everyJohannaDined on 1/30/2014We've been 3 times and every time it's a great experience food-wise. You never leave hungry and I'd be shocked if you cold leave without leftovers. We order their family style meal; the chicken is moist and flavorful, the ribs are succulent, the brisket is tender and juicy and the pulled pork is amazing - juicy, flavorful and delicious. The savory baked beans have bits of brisket in it, are rich and just a touch sweet, coleslaw is slightly creamy leaning toward vinegar, mac & cheese is creamy and delicious, corn bread is outstanding with just a little heat from jalapenos but a nice sweetness to counter and just moist enough. Their sauerkraut is house made and wonderful as is the German potato salad served warm. Order the pecan pie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went for restaurant weekOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/29/2014We went for restaurant week which was a fantastic deal- we got some of everything for the table. The chicken was juicy and perfectly seasoned, the smoked brisket fabulous.Special Features:
- Great beer and drink selection.BstarDined on 1/28/2014Great beer and drink selection. Very good barbeque.Special Features:
- Percy Street BBQDeanDined on 1/28/2014We dined at Percy Street BBQ on Tuesday, 1/28/14. We ordered the Restaurant Week special for two. My wife is a big BBQ fan and we are fairly new in town so we were excited about the prospects for having a new BBQ option in Philly. Overall we enjoyed the food. The brisket in particular was terrific. The sides were good (baked beans, German potato salad and greens) but not memorable. However, we really liked the jalapeno cornbread and the mac and cheese. The service was courteous and attentive but not overbearing. Overall our dining experience was quite good. Not the best BBQ ever, but still a very good option in Philly. We will definately return to sample more items from the menu.Special Features:
- A No GoMissReeDined on 1/26/2014We had a friendly server. The food was not to my liking. The ribs were tough and the Bread pudding was dry. The macaroni and cheese was wonderful. Overall, I probably will never dine here again.
- If you like BBQ then thisMaryDined on 1/26/2014If you like BBQ then this is the place, especially for restaurant week. Such a deal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good BBQ, Not GreatPhillyladyVIPDined on 1/25/2014This was my second trip to Percy Street and I was neither disappointed or overly impressed. The service was great, and the atmosphere was fun. We enjoyed the mix a 6 pack beer where your 6th beer was free, and the food was good, but it wasn't fantastic. Between the 2 of us, we had the brisket burger and the brisket platter. The meat was tender and flavorful, but the portions were underwhelming and meals come with no sides. We had the mac and cheese as well, which was quite good but not the best I have had. I wouldn't cross this off my list of go-to's, but also won't be rushing back anytime soon. It was just good overall.Special Features:
- Outstanding BBQJessDined on 1/25/2014This was our second time dining at Percy's and we didn't think it could be better than the first but it was! Everything we ate was excellent! We will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemWomanVsFoodDined on 1/24/2014An episode of Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives led me to Percy Street Barbecue, but what kept me was amazing food, drinks and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok, but not greatMEWehDined on 1/24/2014Seems like it should be "friendlier" than it actually is. Took forever to get drink at bar, but bartender nice. Hostess not very accommodating when 2 of us wanted more private table. Food just so-so. Will try again but just wasn't as impressed. Seems more like a chain rather than a cozy neighborhood hangout.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just alrightneenaboebeenaDined on 1/20/2014Went there for restaurant week, the service was great! The food, not so much. Of the four sides included in their $35 dinner for two, my boyfriend and I enjoyed the pinto beans the most. The chicken was delicious, nice and juicy. The ribs, on the other hand were definitely not tender enough. The brisket was a tad dry. The cornbread tasted like nachos with a hint of spice to them, it was different, but not in a bad way. The crackers they started us off with included a side of cheese dip that was absolutely delicious. The mac and cheese was a bit pasty but we loved the texture that was created from the breadcrumbs. With a few tweaks in some of their recipes, this would be a great find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BBQ Dreamin'PhillyeatsDined on 1/19/2014Very simple...excellent meats + the very best sauces= bbq dreamin'. Percy's is fantastic! Definitely will recommend to friends and return soon!Special Features:
- I was disappointed with myClancyDined on 1/12/2014I was disappointed with my ribs . They were dried out and over smoked in my opinion. My wife did enjoy her brisket sandwich. The service was good , a pleasant young lady.Special Features:
- THE BBQ FRIES ARE A MUST TRY.MHRPHILLYDined on 1/12/2014THE BBQ FRIES ARE A MUST TRY. THEY WERE AMAZING. VERY GOOD FOOD. I'D DEFINITELY GO BACK. I DONT DRINK BEER BUT MY HUSBAND LOVED THE BEER MENU. IT HAD HUNDREDS OF BEER CHOICES. I HAD THE FM 423 DRINK. IT WAS VERY REFRESHING.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome BBQMathewPassyDined on 1/11/2014This place has some great BBQ and an awesome craft beer list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GreatStranzVIPDined on 1/9/2014Came in with a group for the Pappy Van Winkle night and had a great time. Food is always great at Percy Street and the staff is top notch! First place that comes to mind when I want great BBQ.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.