Percy Street Barbecue
600-602 S. 9th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19147Neighborhood:
South Street / Queen Village
BarbecuePrice: $30 and under
Percy Street Barbecue
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.percystreet.com/
- Phone: 2156258510x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm to 10:00pm
Friday: 5:00pm to 11:00pm
Saturday: 11:30am to 11:00pm
Sunday: 11:30am to 10:00pm
The Bar is open until 11pm Sunday through Thursday and until 12am Friday and Saturday.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Barbecue
- Executive Chef: Erin O'Shea
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Percy Street Barbecue
Percy Street Barbecue features dry-rubbed brisket, ribs & chicken. Meats are wood-smoked in our authentic barbecue pits & served with classic sides. A full service bar offers 100+ craft beer cans, bourbon, cocktails & a vintage jukebox. Eat in or take out. Now open for lunch on Saturday and Sunday!Continued
Call the restaurant for details on our WHOLE BRISKET DINNERS (serves 6-8 guests, $250). Need at least 48 hours notice to book!
Call the restaurant for details on our WHOLE BRISKET DINNERS (serves 6-8 guests, $250). Need at least 48 hours notice to book!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Percy Street Barbecue - Best Restaurants in South Street / Queen Village ›
Percy Street Barbecue reviews from OpenTable diners
101 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (64)neighborhood gem (54)fit for foodies (41)kid-friendly (36)great for lunch (26)great for outdoor dining (26)hot spot (25)vibrant bar scene (13)late-night find (11)special occasion (10)scenic view (7)great for brunch (4)notable wine list (2)romantic (2)Show More
- Phenomenal Chicken!JoslynJacksonDined on 5/19/2014I have been craving real barbeque chicken for a while now, but wanted to find the best quality I could find. This place went beyond my expectations - seriously amazing! Just the right blend of spices. Soooo good. And the chopped salad was phenomenal. And so was the pimento cheese. And I hate pimento cheese.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie BarbecueFussyFamadeDined on 5/17/2014The food was excellent. Not only well prepared and authentic, but with creative touches, such as burnt ends in the beans and thin juliennes of granny smith apples.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I want what they are having!BrisketloverDined on 5/14/2014Dinner envy all the way around the table. The brisket burger was absolutely tops. Beats out every other burger I've had. So rich thanks to the fat in that cut of beef. The brisket sandwich was outstanding with just the right amount of sauce. The pulled pork was another winner. Sides were not quite as praiseworthy, but different from what you find most places. Can't wait to go back when we are in town.Special Features:
- Best BBQ in PhillyOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/9/2014The food is fine for the area, of course I have had better BBQ but not in this area is there any better. The prices are average to somewhat pricey but service is quick and the staff is friendly, I tried the rootbeer which was 3bucks and nothing special. The pulled pork sandwich is wonderful.Special Features:
- consistently deliciousMikeVIPDined on 5/5/2014I love this place. It always has great food and terrific service. The Mac n cheese is one of the best around.Special Features:
- BernVIPDined on 4/30/2014PSB has a comfortable, relaxing atmosphere with outstaning BBQ & beer selections. Great place to get together with friends for a fun evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Food!JaymiDined on 4/28/2014The food was absolutely amazing and the staff was great. And because everything was fresh-made, they were able to make menu adjustments to accommodate my food allergy! The staff very helpful and friendly! Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ExperiencescoodleDined on 4/26/2014I was excited to go to Percy Street BBQ. I'd heard good things about it. I'm not big on barbecue, so having it a little more upscale opened up the possibility of thinking of it differently. The Barbecue Fries were a great appetizer and our server was very nice and professional. It was a little backed up, like you'd expect it to be on a Saturday night, but I was still hoping the entrees would have come faster. The food was good and the ambience was nice enough. It was fun, but still tame enough-- which was great for me because I was having dinner with my grandmother.Special Features:
- Last Minute Get TogetherWestPhillyPhat86Dined on 4/24/2014This restaurant is a place where you can go to if you decide to have dinner with a group of friends or date night at the last minute. The atmosphere was great, service was good and the food delicious. If beer is your thing, they have an awesome selection from tap to microbrews. All in all it was an enjoyable experience. Definitely would dine there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excited to go again!kris10calDined on 4/22/2014I brought my husband here for a mid-week 30th birthday dinner. He spun the "birthday wheel" and won a free beer. The ambiance is great and the details are fun (ie; they strap a roll of paper towels to the table, "ball jar" glasses, etc.) The service was perfect. The hostess even came over to check on us because a group of people migrated a bit too close to our table. (I didn't notice them, but she did, it was nice to know someone was looking out for us!) We got the brisket fries, mac'n'cheese, pulled pork, brisket sandwich, and shared a root beer float. All were awesome. Great beer list, too.Special Features:
- PeaceLoveEatsDined on 4/21/2014Food was delicious and the staff was incredibly nice. Everyone around us seemed to be enjoying their food and having a good time. Will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!MarkDined on 4/21/2014Ribs were very meaty and juicy and fall off the bone delicious. Collard greens were the best I ever had and Mac and Cheese was great. Will definitely go back and check out the great happy hour deals. Fried chicken sandwich looked good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodGcubedDined on 4/19/2014Really enjoyed the smoked pork tenderloin. The smoked brisket was good, but the pork tenderloin was wonderful. The sides were tasty.Special Features:
- Mediocre BBQ, Rittenhouse pricesYourFullNameDined on 4/18/2014Besides having the ambiance of a crowded Chucky Cheese, the food was uninspiring and about cost double what you'd pay just down the street for similar quality and portions. The brisket was tender and had some flavor, but for $17 a plate you could do better (Fete Sou, Phoebe's, Dekes). The potato salad was passable, but again - for the price should have been enough to share instead of a single side portion. I have no idea where they were going with the sauerkraut, it was just not good. A bright side was the bartender, Max iI think, who was personable and great with a shaker. Their beer selection could use a little more variety, but it's possible that their can only (and ridiculous PA import) policy is limiting the types they can carry.Special Features:
- Too parents here for tax day dinnerPatti215Dined on 4/15/2014The restaurant was not full at 6 pm on a Tuesday yet we were seated in the corner by a drafty window. Oh well. Hostess just going by rotation? Food was delicious and our server was nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimeJohnDined on 4/15/2014This was my first time dining at this restaurant. The customer service was excellent,... no complaints. The food was was good and appetizing, and the portions were a good size. I would definately visit again.Special Features:
- Excellent barbequeJohnnyDeeVIPDined on 4/13/2014Have been going to this restaurant since they opened in 2009. The food is always excellent. Menu has been revamped a few times with the focus being on barbeque, pig and beef, not a lot of choices for non meat eaters. Liked the original smoked chicken receipe much better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good barbecuemshumarDined on 4/12/2014We visited Percy Street on a Saturday night, it was crowded but not overwhelmingly so. We were about 15 minutes late for our reservation but the hostess was very sweet and seated us right away. Our server was great, we never had to look for him. He was right there at all the appropriate moments which I really appreciate. Nothing is worse than wanting a second drink before dinner but never having the chance to order one! Everything we had was good but nothing was over the top mind-blowing. The pulled pork was very nice. Overall a nice barbecue joint without any extra frills. We left full and satisfied with our meal.
- Defiantly going againanni2013Dined on 4/11/2014This was our first time here, and we had a great time. The food was amazing. We had the pork tenderloin and pork belly sandwich. The pork tenderloin was the best I have ever had! The color, smoke, portion and it wasn't a bit dry. I mean perfect!! The pork belly was also amazing but it was not my sandwich only had a bite. We had two side which I highly recommend one was the pinto beans which had burnt tips (brisket ends) sooo good, and the other was the Mac and Cheese. Huge beer selection, and whiskey bourbon selection. If your think about going stop thinking.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/7/2014Extremely good beer selection. They have over 500 to choose from!Special Features:
- Unexpected pleasureJoanBDined on 4/6/2014A friend of mine dines here often when in Philly on business. My family and I finally joined him at this place he rated #1 in barbeque (and he is a global traveler). I'm not even a barbeque fan but the brisket fries, cornbread and brisket salad were fabulous. My daughter said her chicken was soooo tender! Great spot - we'll be back. Will be nice to sit outside and take in the South Street scenary next time!Special Features:
- Great meatOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/5/2014Food was incredible and service was solid. Only negative was that the music was much too loud for dinner hours.Special Features:
- BBQ for the godsESJTVIPDined on 4/3/2014Percy BBQ is fantastic. The menu is broad but ribs and brisket are at the top of the menu. Great sides. Great beer list from Microbreweries. Service is first rate. It was a quiet night probably because the weather as good. By the time we left it was getting filled up. Deserts are pretty good too. Definitely worth a trip to South Street, we'll be back too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YUMMY!guyfansDined on 4/2/2014I have been looking for a good ribs spot and this is the place. The different sauces that are placed on the table made a nice variety to try on the ribs, that were tender and "bite to the bone" ribs. Awesome. My husband raved for two days after dining about the brisket. He got a combination of the lean and fatty. He said it melted in his mouth. We shared a side of mac 'n cheese which was just as awesome as the rest. Great beer selection too! Definitely a place to go for good bbq.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best BBQ place i've eaten in PhillyEstroVIPDined on 4/2/2014Their Brisket is very good, their pulled pork is amazing, their pork ribs are amazing. really- you cannot go wrong there! and it's not pricey at all. Don't miss the Mac n Cheese, my favorite dish in the restaurant. It's always a treat to eat there. Thanks :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than AustinburbaniteVIPDined on 4/1/2014Had just returned from a trip to Austin where we tried some Texas BBQ. I must say that Percy's surpassed our meals in Austin. Meat was moist and delicious, very cool place, and service was fabulous. Joanna could not do enough and we fell in love with her! Entire staff was extremely friendly. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the Root Beer Float w BouronOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/31/2014I loved the root beet float with Bourbon and the ribs were very good. Service was awesome and atmosphere was very comfortable and nice for any occasion. The only thing that didn't score highly for me was the seasonings and spices. I have a sensitive palate and I thought the bbq sauces had a lot of spice to them and the corn bread was very spicey. I like regular bbq and plain corn bread. But def a place worth checking out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big Brisket, Great TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/31/2014Our party of eight celebrating a birthday ordered the whole brisket meal. The meat was terrific (flavorful, smoky and juicy), the sides were interesting (smoked quail, a roasted head of cauliflower with pimiento cheese, Benton's ham and biscuits) and the service was great. Throw in iced buckets of beer and a long list of bourbons and it was a fun and memorable evening. We finished with a nice chocolate cake and everyone happily took home leftovers. For fans of Texas barbecue (great rub, no sauce), this is the place to go.Special Features:
- Great menu, great food & aLizKDined on 3/29/2014Great menu, great food & a fun atmosphere. I had the brisket cobb salad for lunch and it was huge! The brisket literally fell apart on the fork -- perfect! We had a great, fun server and overall a great lunch. This is a great place to go if you are looking to avoid gluten or grains in general -- several grain-free options for starters, entrees & sides. This was our first visit to Percy Street but it won't be our last.Special Features:
- Recommended by Guy on DDD.BrettDined on 3/24/2014I had a great meal recommended by the server - smoked pork tenderloin with some awesome cornbread. They great a trio of sauces and Ritz crackers and dip. Beer selection is huge. I was full and didn't order dessert but the waiter gave me a free full size piece of pecan pie to go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!AmandaVIPDined on 3/24/2014This was the perfect setting for a casual 25th anniversary dinner with my parents and family! Food was delicious and service was exceptional. Great relaxed atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely worth a look-seestuffofepicsVIPDined on 3/23/2014I found the quality of the smoke to be exquisite. We tried several types of pork and chicken and the smoke was perfect in all. I like sweet BBQ sauces and PS delivered in that regard. I loved the Turkey Tails - sweet, smokey, fatty, delicious. The drink selection was pleasant, particularly the Yard's Root Beer. The Hillbilly gatorade is perverse; try it just for the experience. Some menu items were less well constructed than others. Eg. the Pork Belly sandwich, which in theory should be my favourite item, was put together with little regard to balance. The meat itself was fantastic, but there was a great excess of cilantro and very little sauce. All-in-all, I loved it and I'm certain I will be returning at some point in the near future.Special Features:
- Eh, it's ok BBQ, with great serviceSweetToothDined on 3/22/2014My wife and I went out for dinner trying to fit a craving for some barbecue. To sum up the experience, service here is great, music is too loud, we were both struggling to hear each other. Food is ok but will not fulfill the craving of anyone from NC, SC or TN for true BBQ. The service was notable. Very appreciative if everyone that waited on us. Would probably not return since there are hundreds of other options in Philly and the burbs to try before I die, but I would deter someone either, just mind your expectations.Special Features:
- Something for everyoneOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/22/2014We had a great meal with family visiting from out of town. Ages ranged from 13 months to 89 years old and everyone was able to find something they liked on the menu. Some food was prepared without spices for those with sensitivities.Special Features:
- great food but loudcitydinerDined on 3/21/2014The food and service was great, but super loud... Think its the seating setup and high ceiling. But food is soooooo good! Great BBQ! Would go back again and again, just not a place to hear your dateSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rich ribsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/19/2014Boutique-y barbecue. Excellent ingredients and well executed; delicious all around. Small portions for the money ( The brisket platter was more like a sampler.). Superb desserts, too. Nice wine list and vast beer list (though most are bottles). If you wish to see what gourmet BBQ could be like, come to Percy St. Just remember that gourmet is rarely cheap. Pleasant, brightly lit room, good music and excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best BBQ everOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/16/2014We went after a long day in town. I had the smoked brisket and she had the spare ribs. The brisket was so tender it fell off my fork. I will spend the rest of my life trying to replicate that brisket. Erin (head chef) came out to introduce herself. It was amazing from beginning to end. cant wait to take my friends there for their first time.Special Features:
- Great BBQtheSaltiestDined on 3/15/2014I'm from St. Louis, and as much as it pains me to praise a BBQ joint on the East Coast, Percy Street is top notch delicious BBQ.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, fun spot!PhillyfoodieDined on 3/14/2014We went to Percy Street Barbecue to celebrate a special occasion and absolutely loved it. The food was delicious -- we skipped the chicken and pulled pork and stayed with the brisket and spare ribs...we were not disappointed! As big BBQ fans who smoke our own ribs at home, we still thought that Percy St was the best BBQ we've had in Philly so far. The beer list is impressive and the pinto beans on the side were delicious. At 8PM on a Friday night, the place was crowded but not overly loud -- it's definitely a fun weekend spot! Highly recommend it -- we will be back for sure.Special Features:
- best bbqtripleDfanDined on 3/9/2014Saw this restaurant on diners drive ins and dives and it did not disappoint! We did the lockhart and also added mac n cheese (def have to have that) and every single item was "out of bounds" the best bbq I've ever had.. I think the brisket, pulled pork, mac n cheese, and coleslaw all tied for my favorites. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.