Shula's Steak House - Wild Horse Pass Hotel & Casino
5040 Wild Horse Pass Boulevard
Chandler, AZ 85226Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Shula's Steak House - Wild Horse Pass Hotel & Casino
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.donshula.com/shulas-steak-house-chandler
- Phone: 5207961972
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Eric Arechiga
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine
A word from Shula's Steak House - Wild Horse Pass Hotel & Casino
Each Shula's Steak House is themed after 1972's Undefeated Miami Dolphins and their "Perfect Season" - the only team in NFL history to finish a season 17 - 0. The menus are hand painted on official NFL game footballs and signed by Coach himself. At Shula's Steak Houses, one of the featured entrees is the 48-Ounce Porterhouse. Those who finish it join Shula's 48-Ounce Club, which currently has more than 26,000 members. I invite you to enjoy an undefeated dining experience at Shula's Steak House, where we only offer the best beef money can buy, The SHULA CUT ® .Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Shula's Steak House - Wild Horse Pass Hotel & Casino - Best Restaurants in Chandler ›
Shula's Steak House - Wild Horse Pass Hotel & Casino reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (14)romantic (8)fit for foodies (7)neighborhood gem (3)late-night find (3)notable wine list (2)good for groups (1)Show More
- dinner on October 27, 2013chloeDined on 10/27/2013I took my husband and mother to Shula's for my husband's birthday, October 27. We had a reservation for 5:45, and plans to attend a concert afterwards at the casino. When we walked in for our reservation, we got the sense that things were disorganized and unattended to. We waiting about 10 minutes to be seated with very little interaction form the host (matre'd). When seated, service was slow and unattentive. We never had our glasses refilled and ordering a second round of drinks took a long time. Our waiter seemed frazzled and frustrated...The sense we got was that the restaurant was understaffed. Although the food was excellent, we have no desire to return to Shulas in the future. Mary weinma 602 540-0553
- Horrible ServiceJML411Dined on 10/22/2013Service was completely lacking, we arrived and it took almost 45 minutes for drinks to even arrive at the table and another 40 minutes for our entrees to arrive. The server never checked back to accomodate for refills or see if there was anything additional that we may need. For this type of restaurant, I usually anticipate service to be more prompt and spot on, which was not the case. It will be awhile before trying to go back.
- Disappointment for a stellar chainChrisVIPDined on 9/24/2013I visited this restaurant with my wife and a friend after having an amazing dining experience there the previous week. I typically do not give bad ratings but decide to spend my money elsewhere when I experience such a pathetic excuse for a restaurant. Shula's has an impeccable name and this restaurant owner/manager doesn't deserve to represent it. My wife and her sister had water spilled down her back when we arrived, the wine took 45 minutes to be delivered to the table, the desert (chocolate lava cake) was 30 minutes after the meal even though it was pre-ordered and then was burned, and they were unable to process my gift-card. I asked for the manager to call me the next day from both my server and hostess but no call was made.
- Ah Yes - OLD SCHOOL STEAK HOUSE !!NewFavoritePlaceVIPDined on 9/8/2013What is Shula's Steak House? It is an Old School Steak Dinner. A big piece of Beef that is served al a carte. High quality, large steaks on a plate to satisfy that need to indulge in a carnivorous way. My husband and I read a few of the past comments and agree the steaks are priced accordingly. You get a choice of an 8 or 12 ounce Filet, most other steak houses offer 6, 8 or 10 ounce. If you compare Shula's to other steak house you need to look at the upscale steak house not the casual chains. The fish is what I go for, fresh and prepared well. We do enjoy sharing different sides so we may enjoy what we like instead of those horrible little plate filling veggies like a school cafeteria. Shula's is not for the happy hour casual chain goer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great celebration PlaceDin4ServDined on 9/3/2013Great atmosphere, I felt like I was in my own dining room with special friends. Food was excellent!!!, Service was excellent!! Great and affordable wines. The best sangria I have ever had. Steaks were superb!!! All of my party would definitely return again and again for such a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Priceyprice2hiDined on 9/2/2013The food wasn't that great for the prices being charged. Presentation of food was mediocre compared to appearance of restaurant.Special Features:
- The service was, as always,MisterandmrsBVIPDined on 8/30/2013The service was, as always, unparalleled. The servers attentive and responsive to our needs and requests. The food was outstanding especially the Halibut. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shula's SteakhouseAzjeDined on 8/25/2013I thought the evening was a little pricey given the quality of the food. Not that I didn't know it was expensive, but it did turn out to be more than expected. You could have a similar meal elsewhere for less without sacrificing quality. Probably would not recommend this establishment due to price.Special Features:
- Very good - wasn't amazedTitosDined on 8/16/2013Server had limited wine knowledge, but they did have a som on site to help with the selection. Had a blowout on a great bottle which was the highlight of the meal. Food was very good, but did not leave any "wow" factors. Wouldn't rush back but wouldn't be discouraged from going again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceazcahillDined on 8/11/2013My wife ate here while staying at the Wild Horse Pass hotel. Shula's is on the 2nd floor overlooking the Casino. We were greeted with grace and professionalism. Seated within a minute of arrival after the host confirmed the table was set to their standards. The food was exquisite. Just the right temperature and tenderness. The restaurant is a bit pricey but the "upscale" experience is a rarity for those of us normally on a budget. It is an extravagance worth saving up for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious restaurant. BestScottsdaleStu6VIPDined on 8/3/2013Delicious restaurant. Best steak restaurant in Arizona.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/30/2013These are the best steaks in Phoenix. The service and side dishes were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, good food,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/13/2013Great service, good food, and good portions. i will surely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Prime Rib! Love it here,aliceDined on 7/11/2013Best Prime Rib! Love it here, too bad you have to walk thru the smoke to get there. I wish it had it had there own entranceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I took the president of makeSweetDDined on 7/9/2013I took the president of make company there who was in town from VA. I told him about the lamb porterhouse and after he worked them over as much as he could with his knife and fork, he apologized and picked them both up with his hands to finish them off.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SHULASMGPHAASVIPDined on 7/6/2013Always love coming here, lobster was excellent!! just wish you had a location in Tucson, but we dont mind the drive ..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was wonderfulFishDined on 7/6/2013The service was wonderful and the service was really good and will keep me coming backSpecial Features:
- Absolute Fabulous Dining ExperiencepinkbriefcaseDined on 7/5/2013We had the privilege of celebrating our anniversary at Shula's Steak House. We wanted to try something close to home and thought of Shula's since we pass the sign on the I-10 frequently. Expecting a casual, good experience, we were BLOWN AWAY with what we got! The ambience, the food, the staff, the martini's, the dessert, EVERY SINGLE element of our dining experience EXCEEDED out expectations! We are so excited to have this gem of a quality dining venue so close to us. We have told several people about our experience and we cannot wait to have the opportunity to go back!!! It could very well be our anniversary gift to ourselves every year!!! Highly recommend! It is a little pricy, but plan for it. IT IS TOTALLY WORTH IT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shula's is PerfectionBellaDined on 7/5/2013We have dined at Shula's several times and the service, food and ambience are always excellent. They have serious quality control with their food and their servers are extremely well trained. All in all a most enjoyable experience each and every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well Worth the ExperianceSuprised01Dined on 7/5/2013I have traveled around the world to many countries, and have had the opportunity to dine at many 5 star restaurants. It was a pleasure to find Shula's experience was on par to what I have come to expect in fine dinning. The staff are respectful and understand privacy of their patrons, this alone made the meal well worth the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just okOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/4/2013Service from wait staff was good. Hostess was not very good maybe she was having a bad day. We had reservation at 6:45 we showed up at 6:35. Was told that our resevation were not till 645 so they offered us drinks at the bar. We were only 10 minutes early and they would not seat us. They were not busy so we sat out side the resturant till we could be seated. Wait staff was great if it was not for them I would have left. They explained the cut of meat and the specails. We even request something of the specail for a side dish and was good. The prices were very high so this is only a specail event place to eat.Special Features:
- Enjoyed the perfectly cookedTempe12Dined on 6/5/2013Enjoyed the perfectly cooked prime rib, still regret not getting the ribeye. Wife was pleased with porter house and dragon berry mojito. Can only afford to go back for Christmas and Anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StaffStumpDined on 5/15/2013Always had a great meal at Shula's, we try to go every time we get to the Phoenix area & Wild Horse Casino. Have recommended to all we know. Staff has always been great from bartender, hostess to servers. Took my son for first time last week and he loved it.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisapointedLenardDined on 5/12/2013I have eaten at this resturant many times included those in Miami and Indianapolis. I must say my experience on Mother's Day with my mom and dad was disappointing. Although the rest of my party's orders were prepared perfectly my Kansas City style New York Strip order "Medium" was delivered "Rare". It took three attempts to get it right. The staff was extremely curtious and made ever attempt to make me happy. I'll strike this one up to "it's bound to happen" and will give them another chance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- May 2013 Shula's ExperienceLunch09212013VIPDined on 5/8/2013Again, the food and service were great. We had Filets, and they were cooked to perfection. We also had Margaritas, which were delicous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak in town...LindaschumDined on 5/6/2013Great steaks, phenomenal baked potato. Veggie. Choices a little hard for my taste but tasty. The birthday offer very enticing. I've been there tree times in the last year. It is a lot of food, tho.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding as alwaysgaryDined on 5/5/2013Food is outstanding. Cooked perfectly. Service was excellent and always being attented to. Loved it and will definitely go back. We like going there for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday Dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/4/2013Shula's in Chandler is our birthday choice every year. I think this time was the best yet! Great food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak EverKlepferDined on 5/4/2013I took my husband there for his birthday due to the fact that he is a huge dolphins fan. We loved the food there. It was the best steak that I ever had. Expensive to eat there and we could only go on special occasions but it was still the best food I have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ANNIVERSARY DINNEROpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/2/2013we recently celebrated our 26th anniversary and enjoyed the dinner very much. this is our 2nd time to shulas and plan to go again soon. the cake was excellent also, which they gave due to my birthday and also anniversary. highly recommended, steak tops thanks again, don shula, carol kellamsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always comes throughtOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/30/2013This has become my go to place for out of town visitors. Blows them away that we head to an Indian Casino (I don't gamble) and end up with the best steaks in town !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- April 2013 Birthday at Shula'sLunch09212013VIPDined on 4/19/2013As usual, the food and service were great. We had Filet and Lobster, which were cooked to perfection. The Margaritas were delicous, and the cheesecake birthday dessert topped it off nicely.Special Features:
- This place is a little onOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/11/2013This place is a little on the pricey side, but definitely worth it for a special occasion. The food is fantastic - several comments at our table that this was the best meal they had tasted in a long time.Special Features:
- Best yet...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/9/2013Never been to Shula's though we had seen them in Florida. Thought this was simply a ploy using the legendary coach's name...WAY BETTER than expected!!! As good as any steak house we've ever been to, anywhere in the country! Cuts of meat were faboulous, cooked perfectly, wonderful side dishes - get the Lobster Mac & Cheese! Service - impeccable. Thank you!!!Special Features:
- As always, Kim did a greatGaryGobblesDined on 4/3/2013As always, Kim did a great job. The food was superb. The young lady who takes people to their tables is very, very good, but the gentleman working at the reception area leaves much to be desired. I don't believe he is at all friendly. In fact, I find him to be rather oppositional. Other than him, eating at Shula's is always a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Superb.......Easter DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/31/2013Superb.......Easter Dinner was exceptional and reasonable
- ANOTHER SIDE OF SHULA'SNewFavoritePlaceVIPDined on 3/29/2013My family have dined here for over two years. This time we saw the newer version of Shula's. This steakhouse has such an eclectic customer base that they have got to be magicians to keep all the different types happy. Stability in the same managers and staff has to play into their success. We have decided that the day of the week changes this restaurant dramatically. It does reflect directly with the Show that is scheduled. The quality of the steaks and seafood are one of the best we have ever had. The Shula Feature that they offer (changes every quarter) gives us a reason to stop in each month. The manager accommodated our request for the Lobster Mash and the Fried Lobster Tail which is not on the menu. Great Bar Drinks Wine and Desserts!!Special Features:
- Service is first rate. SteaksOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/29/2013Service is first rate. Steaks absolutely delicious. Best calamari appetizer we have ever had. Great date night!Special Features:
- Not for special occasionsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/13/2013Food here is great. Came in with my wife for our anniversary. They don't treat every guest the same. We waited to be sat with our reservation and listened to the host ask if other guest were celebrating anything special, but they never asked us and we were. The young lady host was very welcoming unlike the older gentleman. Pace if dinner was good other than the server being overwhelmed with other tables but he had a nice personality that made up for up. Dinner was good but really could have been more memorable.Special Features:
- SPENT A WEEK EATING EACH NIGHT HERENewFavoritePlaceVIPDined on 3/9/2013Our company was here for a week. This place ROCKS! It is amazing how this place changes from a Racetrack gang to a quiet dinner back to a John Deere meeting place. Then Engelbert Concert pulled another age group(walkers &wheelchairs). Our group went out to another steakhouse close to the casino and decided to stay with Shula's the rest of the week. Have to be honest, we saw many people eating there that must have spent their paycheck on dinner. The table across from us wanted to know where the salad bar was? Then they got up and left-are you kidding me? Wild Horse Pass Shula's is a great place to enjoy a fabulous steak and the wines we had were much cheaper than our usual high end steakhouse. Y DO PEOPLE EAT WELL DONE BEEF?Special Features: