Buca di Beppo - DC
1825 Connecticut Ave NW
Washington, DC 20009Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - DC
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/
- Phone: 2022328466x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Scott Reynolds
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our full menu is available for Buca To Go and Delivery. If you're hosting a special occasion or group event at your home, office or a local area reception hall, Buca To Go or Buca Delivery is the perfect choice. Our friendly & professional staff will assist you with your order, arrange a specific pick-up time for Buca To Go or deliver your order ($25 delivery fee applies to deliveries). Plates, napkins, eating & serving utensils and condiments are included. No minimum purchase required. Please allow 3 hours for same-day delivery and call for questions/details about our delivery service area.
- Special Events: Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, planning a business dinner or having a night out with family and friends, Buca di Beppo is your answer to one fabulous group dining experience! Buca serves authentic Italian family-style meals in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our knowledgeable staff will help organize and plan your group event or meetings with diverse lunch or dinner banquet packages - ideal for groups of 20 or more. Private and semi-private rooms are available.
- Cross Street: Florida Avenue
- Public Transit: Buca di Beppo is approximately a 10-minute walk from the Metro Dupont Cirlce stop, exit NQ.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Public, paid parking is available parking structure off Florida Avenue.
Valet service is available seven days a week after 5pm for $7.
A word from Buca di Beppo - DC
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Buca di Beppo - DC - Best Restaurants in Dupont Circle ›
Buca di Beppo - DC reviews from OpenTable diners
68 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (57)kid-friendly (36)special occasion (31)neighborhood gem (20)fit for foodies (19)great for lunch (13)romantic (9)late-night find (7)hot spot (6)great for outdoor dining (5)notable wine list (4)great for brunch (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Little Italy in DC!Willow1Dined on 2/16/2014The atmosphere is great. The server was good. A little slow at the bar. The food was absolutely delicious! The marinara sauce was old world style. We loved it!Special Features:
- so much funluv2eatbreadDined on 2/15/2014great food especially for groups. pretty cheap and we all had leftovers. except we ate so much bread our waitress started avoiding us. but good overall!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ScrumptiousPorky1Dined on 2/15/2014Excellent food and superb customer service . The overall Experience was lovely .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buca is Best!kimJDined on 2/15/2014Time and time again, Buca di Beppo is our family's choice for special occasion celebrations and anytime we're in the mood for really good Italian food. Buca's staff is friendly and very attentive to our needs. We've been back so many times that the staff recognizes us, celebrates with us and treats us like family. Buca never disappoints! The food is awesome and the staff is awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful restaurant!bloveDined on 2/14/2014I was blown away by how large the restaurant was! And it has sections for different atmospheres (party, family, romantic, etc.) The food portions are HUGE and worth every dollar! The staff and customer service are outstanding, and I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for Small KidsBalletgirl1980VIPDined on 2/14/2014We dined here on Valentine's Day. We had our 4 year old twins with us and the large booth was perfect. Nothing fussy about the food. It was good spaghetti and antipasta. Decor is kitschy but it made the atmosphere. Attentive waiter but not overbearing. Enjoyable family night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, our first timeSteelersgirlDined on 2/14/2014Great food, our first time and we had a little tour of the kitchen which was really nice! Portions were GREAT for sharing! My kids had a ball!Special Features:
- Great for the Familynjohns17Dined on 2/14/2014I went to Buca with my girlfriend for a date not knowing what I would find. I wanted to go to an Italian restaurant that wouldn't kill my wallet. While it wasn't as romantic as I would've liked, it was fun and entertaining. The portions were huge, and the prices were great for the amount of food you get. I could see myself coming back in the future, but not for a date. It has more of a family kind of feel to it.Special Features:
- Noise levelJRmomDined on 2/14/2014Our dining experience began with a room full of middle school students who were extremely rude and loud. It was a wonderful teaching experience for my young children. The resturant staff apologized regularly and these one half of our meal was quiet and fun on valentines daySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's DayFoodieForLifeDined on 2/14/2014We had a wonderful time! The food was delicious as usual and the drinks were fabulous. What we really noticed was the incredible level of service. The staff was very attentive to us and went the extra mile on multiple occasions-down to closing the door directly in front of us to prevent drafts and holding on to our table even though I was running late. The sangria was delicious and the baked ziti was divine-very creamy. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday with FriendsCWR49Dined on 2/8/2014My girlfriends wanted to take me out for my birthday and we selected Buca di Beppo. Great choice. We had a wonderful waitress, great food & drinks. Great way to celebrate any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WILL go again (and again)love2eatDined on 2/8/2014and again.....you walk in and you feel like family. every wait staff has a smile on and they seem to be genuinely happy to serve you. managers in view, making sure things are running smoothly. food servings ample and delicious. fresh ingredients are obvious. no rush to move on. desserts also made on location. just an overall great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceSandy575Dined on 2/7/2014The service was great and the food was excellent. I like this place because the food has a "homemade taste" and reminds me of my grandma's cooking.Special Features:
- Vibrant Birthday ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/2/2014My family and I enjoyed our recent Buca experience. With the exception of a veal dish (a little blah, chewy and not tender), we enjoyed other delicious entrees. The servers offered excellent service and attention to my guests. They smiled, cared, and met our every request. I definitely will return with guests. I consider Buca one of my favorite family-friendly spots.Special Features:
- Good restaurant for family dinnerOpenTableFanVIPDined on 1/25/2014My brother and his family visited from PA this weekend. They have 4 young children (10 y/o and younger). I made a reservation (for 10) at B di B through Open Table. The restaurant was very accommodating when I asked to delay the reservation time by 30 minutes. Our table was ready when we arrived. The service was good. The waiter was very accommodating when I asked to send the first bottle of wine back after he'd poured four glasses. He brought a second bottle and only charged us for two glasses of the first one. We were there for almost two hours, so the kids were getting a little restless near the end of the night. The staff let the kids wander a bit and didn't complain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The waiter brought us theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/25/2014The waiter brought us the wrong salad and sauce for our pasta. She apologized, but didn't fix the order or adjust the bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/25/2014Good place to go with large groups and kids. Meals are ordered for two or four people and plates are big.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rushed out of tableHapster04Dined on 1/14/2014We made a reservation a week in advance, but when we arrived they told us that they had overbooked and our table needed to be used for another party soon after our reservation. We would have been happy to finish on time, but they reminded us that we needed to hurry up MULTIPLE times and staff hovered over our table during the meal to make sure we were out early. It was not relaxing or enjoyable. It was NOT our fault they overbooked, and it made for a very awkward dinner party. In fact, we even overheard the staff complaining to each other that we were "still there". Good food, but keep in mind that making a reservation does not mean much.Special Features:
- Good food, service was notBrianDined on 1/12/2014Good food, service was not real fast but we weren't there to be in a hurry, prices are high. We'll go again, but not regularly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buca is GreatHendersonDined on 1/11/2014Buca is a great place. Food is always good at very reasonable prices. This combined with always-pleasant service and the rather fun Italian ambience makes Buca a great place for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experience.DiningWithKidsDined on 1/11/2014Service was excellent!! Staff catered to our needs, we had an infant and a 3 year old in our group of 11. Would return! ESpecially enjoyed the seafood linguine and chicken glorioso! Staff sung for wedding anniversary that was celebrated. Had an early Saturday eve supper, hence the quiet environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No one does family style likeKathleenDined on 12/31/2013No one does family style like Buca's. The service is friendly, welcoming and joyful. We have an outstanding dinner on New Year's Eve. There were 9 of us. All of our food was delicious, warm and abundant. It started our New Year out wonderfully!Special Features:
- Great for GroupsRoblvaDined on 12/28/2013We had 7 people and given the family style sharing we had 4 different meals. The larger the group the better the variety you can have. All the food was good and is isn't as formal or stuffy as say a Maggiano's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas At BuccaddeedsDined on 12/25/2013Great salad and pizza. So so spaghetti and marinara. Excellent Italian Creme Cake. Service was underwhelming. Asked several times for bread and it finally arrived with the entree. Appreciated that wine glass was obviously clean but not that my wine tasted like detergent. Waiter was inattentive, at best. It was Christmas so maybe service is better on non-holidays. Love this place in my hometown but doubt I do this location again.Special Features:
- Good food, lousy service!reign2k303Dined on 12/25/2013If you are looking for a decent family style meal with lousy service, this is the place. I went on Christmas Day and the service was not only awful, but our waiter was very unknowledgeable of the menu & we waited almost an hour for our food WITHOUT the waiter giving us notice! Never again! You'll do better with Canines or Maggiano's.
- More busy than expected forTwbloseDined on 12/25/2013More busy than expected for Christmas Day, :), but that added to the energy. Great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not ItalianFredRob5509Dined on 12/25/2013Chain standard blah with themeless decorations. I have been to other Bucca's. This one is the worst. Run by incompetents with no concern for customer's experience.Special Features:
- terrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/25/2013This service was horrible. Took us over 2 hours even though we ordered within 15 minutes of sitting. We never got our wine and had to ask for plates after our food had already arrived. Ended up getting our own plates because it took so long.
- Christmas LunchdkfdkfDined on 12/25/2013Great food, yummy Italian done right. The only complaint I would have would be the cold bread. But the ingredients used in the pasta were first rate, very tasty chesses, nothing cheap tasting. Service was attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas lunchkerryadonDined on 12/25/2013Went here for Christmas lunch with family from out of town. The food and service were great. I enjoyed my meal and all the options. I wish I had saved room for dessertSpecial Features:
- We love Buca do Beppo!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/24/2013We drive into the city every Christmas Eve to have dinner at Buca di Beppo. The servers are always helpful and friendly. When we arrived earlier than our reservation, they worked to seat us asap. The food is always delicious and we can always find something we can agree on as a family, which is important at a family style restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just what we neededgwilliamsDined on 12/21/2013We had an opportunity to dine in this resturant and it was a lot of fun. The staff was nice and the food was great.Special Features:
- Great experience!JulioDined on 12/20/2013Had dinner with some good friends last week. First of all, when the first thing they show you is their kitchen, give you an idea if confident they are on the neatness and quality of the product you'll receive. The service crew and attentions were great, the food was excellent and at a great price too. In simple terms, a "must go back" kind of place...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for large families!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/15/2013We always enjoy Buca and the energetic atmosphere. Great for large parties!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just do take outLoveGoodNomsVIPDined on 12/14/2013I was double charged. Thankfully Bank of America is awesome and handled the issue for me. They canceled the reservation and I had to contact Open Table to receive my points. When we first arrived, despite the restaurant being 1/3 full, they asked us to go to the bar while they "got our table ready" and that took about 40 minutes until we FINALLY asked/ reminded them that we were hungry, had a reservation and just wanted to sit and eat. I have dined at several of their locations in Maryland and Florida and loved them. This was such an awful experience. Save yourself the headache of their awful service and just get it to go.
- Buca is da Bomb for Groups!luv2walkDined on 11/29/2013We had large, hungry group, and we were eating before a big event. Buca not only fed us superb food, but got us all in the mood to have lots of fun! Our server was also great!Special Features:
- ThanksgivingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/28/2013My friends and I have eaten Thanksgiving Dinner here for three years in a row. Great food. Crazy Itialian ambience and excellent service!Special Features:
- Fantastic family atmosphere!prophetladyDined on 11/28/2013Had a perfect Thanksgiving Dinner here while visiting the District. Absolutely scruptious meal. Can't wait until our next visit to try the Italian fare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversary dinnertheAnniversairesDined on 11/26/2013This was our first visit; it won't be our last. The food was delicious ond the service was attentive. The menu offers good variety, even on the (separate) gluten-free menu. There's no GF pasta, but many dishes (allegedly) simply require leaving off the floor coating. The staff even sang a happy anniversary song for us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unbelievable noise leveladultDined on 11/23/2013This was an incredible jolt to the ears--people wandering from table to table -- yelling across tables--everyone happy and friendly --great for kids --you could barely hear the babies crying-not for an adult dinner on a Saturday. Waiter said it was okay monday thru Thursday but weekends were always wild.Special Features: