Buca di Beppo - DC
1825 Connecticut Ave NW
Washington, DC 20009Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - DC
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/
- Phone: 2022328466x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Scott Reynolds
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our full menu is available for Buca To Go and Delivery. If you're hosting a special occasion or group event at your home, office or a local area reception hall, Buca To Go or Buca Delivery is the perfect choice. Our friendly & professional staff will assist you with your order, arrange a specific pick-up time for Buca To Go or deliver your order ($25 delivery fee applies to deliveries). Plates, napkins, eating & serving utensils and condiments are included. No minimum purchase required. Please allow 3 hours for same-day delivery and call for questions/details about our delivery service area.
- Special Events: Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, planning a business dinner or having a night out with family and friends, Buca di Beppo is your answer to one fabulous group dining experience! Buca serves authentic Italian family-style meals in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our knowledgeable staff will help organize and plan your group event or meetings with diverse lunch or dinner banquet packages - ideal for groups of 20 or more. Private and semi-private rooms are available.
- Cross Street: Florida Avenue
- Public Transit: Buca di Beppo is approximately a 10-minute walk from the Metro Dupont Cirlce stop, exit NQ.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Public, paid parking is available parking structure off Florida Avenue.
Valet service is available seven days a week after 5pm for $7.
A word from Buca di Beppo - DC
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Buca di Beppo - DC - Best Restaurants in Dupont Circle ›
Buca di Beppo - DC reviews from OpenTable diners
74 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (63)kid-friendly (42)special occasion (28)neighborhood gem (23)fit for foodies (21)great for lunch (10)romantic (9)hot spot (6)great for outdoor dining (6)late-night find (5)notable wine list (4)great for brunch (1)Show More
- luvbucadibeppoDined on 7/3/2014Food great service better, manager Andre greet you like he knew you forever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice NightJazzn3Dined on 6/27/2014We really enjoyed our evening at Bucca! The food was delicious and our large group enjoyed the atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumYumintumDined on 6/26/2014Did appetizer through dessert and all was excellent! Fun place to done. Will be back!Special Features:
- The following 434 reviews are from the Buca di Beppo - DC reviews archive.
- Food and atmosphere are excellent!BucadiBeppoDined on 6/21/2014Always enjoy dining at Buca's! From the service to the fresh foods to the dessert, we totally enjoyed our vist.Special Features:
- CacophanousPipeDownAndEatDined on 6/16/2014We were seated in a room alongside a busload of middle schoolers. I don't believe I have ever been in another restaurant that was so ungodly loud -- I couldn't hear much from my own table even as we had to shout ourselves hoarse just to have a conversation. When the kids, who apparently were never told by supervisors or their chaperones to perhaps tone it down a bit, finished their dinner/screaming, it was suddenly a new restaurant where my table to actually speak to each other. Still would never recommend it to anyone after that.
- Great!Love2eatDined on 6/15/2014Great staff and food! Great place for family style dinners!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Alexandra22Dined on 6/15/2014From the moment we were greeted at the door, we were made to feel welcomed. Everyone is friendly and polite. I asked permission, to give my out-of-town friend a tour of this unique restaurant. She was delighted and wanted to find out if there was a "Buca di Beppo" in her area (Rhode Island). Unfortunately, the pasta was not al dente, and the waiter saw I was not very happy, but too embarrassed to send it back. He was very kind and surprised us by bringing another fresh bowl of pasta!!! We were grateful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/8/2014We had a great time in the Pope Room (the "Pope" on the table even looks like the current one!). It's a fun place, convenient for us, has plenty of room for our gang, and we look forward to coming there. The food this time was much better than in the past, having more flavor. We'll be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/7/2014The portions ate quite plentiful and tasty and filling. Good salad selection. Garlic bread was very tasty. Very quiet lunch time ambience. Good for couples or large party gatherings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Better For GroupsGeorge1981Dined on 6/3/2014I decided to try Buca di Beppo for the first time on my 33rd Wedding Anniversary. The food was good and plentiful, but the atmosphere is loud. Just so happened that a busload of kids from New York City was seated just as my wife and I were and this made for a not-so-quiet meal. Even after the kids left, the noise level remained high. The food was good and the service was fine. I would recommend Buca di Beppo for groups of people, as the family style service works well for that. We plan to come back with our adult children when we are all together this summer.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceLolyDined on 5/30/2014I loved this restaurant because the food is extremely outstanding and environment is so great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JiaomaineDined on 5/28/2014I travel around to different cities as part of my job. My supervisor enjoys eating at Buca di Beppo if there is one in the city we are visiting for work. This is my first one to visit and I really enjoyed the family style portions and tasting everyone's food. However, my favorite was your house Chianti - it was awesome!!!!Special Features:
- great for group gatheringsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/25/2014Had an awesome time. Great food and ambiance. Reseve the pope room!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Patio is wonderfulfoodieinthehouseDined on 5/20/2014Dining under the stars with my hubby; wow! I'd been here before, but it was his first time. He was pleasantly surprised. Keep up the good work!Special Features:
- Sudden lack of consistency.TomassoVIPDined on 5/18/2014We've been going to Buca in Washington, DC, since it opened a number of years ago, and the food has always been consistent and good. This last experience, however, was a disappointment. We ordered a side of three meatballs, and they came out all different sizes, with the largest one being a third larger than the smallest one. Previously, all of the meatballs have been the same size as the large one, but this time no one seemed to be doing quality control in the kitchen. I hope this is not a sign of things to come, because we like this restaurant and have been visiting every month-to-six weeks.
- Got Food???OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014Buca di Beppo in Washington, DC is quite a find. Perfect for families and special occasions. Food is spectacular, pasta melts in your mouth.Special Features:
- Big Chain Big CostGeokam85VIPDined on 5/11/2014If you don't know Italian, then you will love this Red Lobster of Italian food. They try, but it's a formular that's hit or miss. The DC restaurant is out of place and not one of the best of the chains facilities. Very costly from the perspective that it's easy to over order.Special Features:
- Warm SpotIREGGAEIDined on 5/11/2014This is a place where you will not leave hungry. I do recommend getting the small portion if there is only 2 of you. Great atmosphere that gives you a warm spot in your belly and heart. That could have been the big margarita I had too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014Buca di Beppo is great for big groups, but the extremely slow service of the drinks did not start the dinner off very well. It was obvious that more than one bartender was needed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent food , but a bit slowdinewmrDined on 5/10/2014The servers were accommodating and seated us with only part of our party at the restaurant. Our appetizers and food came at the same time and one appetizer was short the proper number of items. I was told that one would be comped , but I had to ask to have it take off after it was still on the bill. One drink order was wrong. The food orders were correct. We repeatedly had to ask for drink refills. The service was slow overall.
- celebration of two familieskimfromminnDined on 5/9/2014Our daughter graduated from Howard University and 17 of us celebrated at Buca including 9 members of her birth family. We came from Minnesota, her mom and others from Florida and Boston. We needed a restaurant that does larger groups with ease. The service was excellent, food delicious and varied and we spent precious time together in the fantastically decorated 'PopeRoom'. My favorite dish was the Veal Saltimbocca. A great night! Thank you Buca! We know Buca, as their birthplace is Minnesota!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great placebutymomDined on 5/9/2014A great place, I love your restaurant. I recommend to all my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Fun Place with GOOD FoodLuvfunnfoodDined on 5/4/2014Bocca Di Peppo is an Italian restaurant with great ambiance. The walls are covered with pictures and memorabilia that resonates of Italian heritage and humor. You can walk through the kitchen to get to your table and they even have a booth in there, if that's where you want to eat. My favorite is the Pope's Room (for groups of 10 to 14). There are pictures of all the popes, their version of Michangelo's ceiling and a large lazy susan with a Pope's head in the center. The food is plentiful and the bread is freshly baked. It is served family style. The portions are Very large. We had six people ordered a large salad, a large shells(a little spicy), and a chicken dish and had leftovers....more than enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love Buca!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/4/2014The food was great!! Once we got our food the waiter never came back. We had to track him down for the bill. Other than that, it was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food & atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/3/2014My family and I enjoyed our night of oversized portions, excellent food, and a comfortable, alive atmosphere in this very reasonable family-portion restaurant. Recommend to anyone who loves Italian food in DC.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/27/2014Our server, Keith was outstanding. He went above and beyond and made our dining experience wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't be pushyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/26/2014A group of us came here to have a pasta dinner before running a race the next day. Our server, while nice, was a pushy with the upselling. We obviously weren't going to be drinking and let her know that, however, she was pushing the specialty drinks hard. When my husband and my sister's boyfriend ordered beers and didn't order another one she repeatedly asked if they wanted another (they already said no!). We ordered appetizers and 3 large entrees for our group, yet she still asked if we wanted salad. Uh, no. I think we have enough food thank you. Lastly she made a final push for desserts but by that point we were tired of getting upsold. The food is decent and as expected from this chain, but the service was overbearing & almost bullying!Special Features:
- Always FunwinehoDined on 4/26/2014We planned dinner here specifically because it's such a kid friendly and reliable spot. Food is on target and service was great. We had a 5:00 reservation and due to timing had to change it to 4:00 late lunch/early dinner. Restaurant was already packed but accommodated us with a great attitude. We not only had lots for dinner, but plenty for a late night snack and our daughter had leftovers for another night. When traveling with kids it's nice to have a spot they will enjoy along with the adults.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quite goodrosariotDined on 4/23/2014The place is not the best for an Italian meal but it is a nice place to eat
- Over priced for what you getGFdinerDined on 4/20/2014Food was just okay (taste). Kids meals were mostly a bowl of pasta with very little else. Adult veal Marsala was chewy, not big enough for 2, and over priced. The vegetable sides were also small and over priced. Desserts are large but nothing that is Gluten free. The service was really slow. Not sure if that was just our waiter who may have newer.
- Quality control no longer evidentluvBucaDined on 4/20/2014We waited for 45 minutes for our salad and two entrees - linguini with clams in a white sauce and prosciutto stuffed chicken parmigiana. The food was cold even though the plates were hot. The dishes were bland and tasteless lacking the proper spices. When we complained to the Manager he said the kitchen was having problems with the ingredients and comped our entrees. We were not alone in complaining. The couple behind us complained about the slowness of the kitchen and another group next to us was getting ready to walk out since they also had not been served their food. Keep in mind the restaurant was virtually empty with three couples in a very large room. There is simply no excuse for the lack of quality control in the kitchen.Special Features:
- A+OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/18/2014Great food, great service and overall great experience!!! The kids had a great time and my parents enjoyed their first experience there. Our server Antoine was attentive to our needs and went above and beyond. Great choice for large groups. The noise level is extremely loud on weekends so if you're looking for a quiet place this would not be it, the noise adds to it's charm though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bring an appetiteDochooleyDined on 4/16/2014This was our family's second time dining here, visiting from out of town. And I am sure we will return. The food is excellent and the service is very attentive. The meals are family style, meant to be shared. So be prepared to restrict the number of menu items you can try, eat a ridiculous amount, or take a lot home. But it's still possible to do all three.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Bucca Di BeppoOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/16/2014One of my all time favorite italian resturaunts food was great but service was horrible and the noise level was too high i didnt felt comfortable eating or couldnt talk or have a conversation with any people at my table i can understand they are having a birthday party but at least put us in a room that was decent for us to have a nice evening to relax to. Not a great place for lonely couplesSpecial Features:
- Can I Just stare at the Photos?!LisaDined on 4/13/2014When first walking in, the staff gave me a tour of the restaurant including the kitchen. Awesome! There are 3 thousand treasured photos to look at. Amazing. Put those phones away, no Googgl'ng, just try to remember people, places and things and you will enjoy the conversation. A fantastic experience. And Dean Martin singing in the background.......!Special Features:
- Classic family-style ItalianDanManVIPDined on 4/5/2014Dined at the DC Buca di Beppo April 5. Despite two busloads of people preceding us in being seated the experience was enjoyable it's a bit noisy but it's a classic family-style Italian experience and the food is Surprisingly good for such a big operation. Good for large groups and when you don't mind having a boisterous crowded family atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian "Chain" restaurantMrEdkilledmyzDined on 4/4/2014I have always loved Buca, when you walk in it feels like you are walking into your family's house and they welcome you with open arms. The Family style portions add to the welcoming feel and the food is excellent. IMHO Buca is the BEST Italian "chain" restaurant around. Better than Olive Garden, Carrabbas, Macaroni Grill, That's Amore, the entire lot of them! I made a reservation about a half hour before we arrived and when we got there 2 busloads of tourists had just shown up and were walking in, it didn't matter, we were seated almost right away. Great service, great food, great time!Special Features:
- Great but Slightly Pricey ItalianMissToniDined on 3/31/2014Loved this spot. Nothing bad to say about the service or the food. Both were excellent. The menu selection was fabulous. I thought the prices were a little on the high side but not exorbitantly so. You absolutely paid for what you got though. I would for sure go back there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere!AngieDined on 3/31/2014Buca di Beppo was a great pick for our group after a long day of conference sessions. It was a good place for us to unwind and it was within walking distance from the Washington Hilton. Good food; great atmosphere. I liked that we were able to make reservations through the Open table app.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday BashLarryDined on 3/27/2014Sat at the Pope's table with a group of 18 for a birthday celebration. Had a fantastic time. The group in the room next to us was way too loud; I'm glad they left after a short while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.