Buca di Beppo - DC
1825 Connecticut Ave NW
Washington, DC 20009Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - DC
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/
- Phone: 2022328466x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Scott Reynolds
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our full menu is available for Buca To Go and Delivery. If you're hosting a special occasion or group event at your home, office or a local area reception hall, Buca To Go or Buca Delivery is the perfect choice. Our friendly & professional staff will assist you with your order, arrange a specific pick-up time for Buca To Go or deliver your order ($25 delivery fee applies to deliveries). Plates, napkins, eating & serving utensils and condiments are included. No minimum purchase required. Please allow 3 hours for same-day delivery and call for questions/details about our delivery service area.
- Special Events: Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, planning a business dinner or having a night out with family and friends, Buca di Beppo is your answer to one fabulous group dining experience! Buca serves authentic Italian family-style meals in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our knowledgeable staff will help organize and plan your group event or meetings with diverse lunch or dinner banquet packages - ideal for groups of 20 or more. Private and semi-private rooms are available.
- Cross Street: Florida Avenue
- Public Transit: Buca di Beppo is approximately a 10-minute walk from the Metro Dupont Cirlce stop, exit NQ.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Public, paid parking is available parking structure off Florida Avenue.
Valet service is available seven days a week after 5pm for $7.
A word from Buca di Beppo - DC
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Buca di Beppo - DC - Best Restaurants in Dupont Circle ›
Buca di Beppo - DC reviews from OpenTable diners
68 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (57)kid-friendly (38)special occasion (32)neighborhood gem (20)fit for foodies (18)great for lunch (16)romantic (10)hot spot (7)late-night find (7)notable wine list (5)great for outdoor dining (5)great for brunch (4)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Got Food???OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014Buca di Beppo in Washington, DC is quite a find. Perfect for families and special occasions. Food is spectacular, pasta melts in your mouth.Special Features:
- Big Chain Big CostGeokam85Dined on 5/11/2014If you don't know Italian, then you will love this Red Lobster of Italian food. They try, but it's a formular that's hit or miss. The DC restaurant is out of place and not one of the best of the chains facilities. Very costly from the perspective that it's easy to over order.Special Features:
- Warm SpotIREGGAEIDined on 5/11/2014This is a place where you will not leave hungry. I do recommend getting the small portion if there is only 2 of you. Great atmosphere that gives you a warm spot in your belly and heart. That could have been the big margarita I had too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014Buca di Beppo is great for big groups, but the extremely slow service of the drinks did not start the dinner off very well. It was obvious that more than one bartender was needed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent food , but a bit slowdinewmrDined on 5/10/2014The servers were accommodating and seated us with only part of our party at the restaurant. Our appetizers and food came at the same time and one appetizer was short the proper number of items. I was told that one would be comped , but I had to ask to have it take off after it was still on the bill. One drink order was wrong. The food orders were correct. We repeatedly had to ask for drink refills. The service was slow overall.
- celebration of two familieskimfromminnDined on 5/9/2014Our daughter graduated from Howard University and 17 of us celebrated at Buca including 9 members of her birth family. We came from Minnesota, her mom and others from Florida and Boston. We needed a restaurant that does larger groups with ease. The service was excellent, food delicious and varied and we spent precious time together in the fantastically decorated 'PopeRoom'. My favorite dish was the Veal Saltimbocca. A great night! Thank you Buca! We know Buca, as their birthplace is Minnesota!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great placebutymomDined on 5/9/2014A great place, I love your restaurant. I recommend to all my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Fun Place with GOOD FoodLuvfunnfoodDined on 5/4/2014Bocca Di Peppo is an Italian restaurant with great ambiance. The walls are covered with pictures and memorabilia that resonates of Italian heritage and humor. You can walk through the kitchen to get to your table and they even have a booth in there, if that's where you want to eat. My favorite is the Pope's Room (for groups of 10 to 14). There are pictures of all the popes, their version of Michangelo's ceiling and a large lazy susan with a Pope's head in the center. The food is plentiful and the bread is freshly baked. It is served family style. The portions are Very large. We had six people ordered a large salad, a large shells(a little spicy), and a chicken dish and had leftovers....more than enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love Buca!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/4/2014The food was great!! Once we got our food the waiter never came back. We had to track him down for the bill. Other than that, it was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food & atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/3/2014My family and I enjoyed our night of oversized portions, excellent food, and a comfortable, alive atmosphere in this very reasonable family-portion restaurant. Recommend to anyone who loves Italian food in DC.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/27/2014Our server, Keith was outstanding. He went above and beyond and made our dining experience wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't be pushyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/26/2014A group of us came here to have a pasta dinner before running a race the next day. Our server, while nice, was a pushy with the upselling. We obviously weren't going to be drinking and let her know that, however, she was pushing the specialty drinks hard. When my husband and my sister's boyfriend ordered beers and didn't order another one she repeatedly asked if they wanted another (they already said no!). We ordered appetizers and 3 large entrees for our group, yet she still asked if we wanted salad. Uh, no. I think we have enough food thank you. Lastly she made a final push for desserts but by that point we were tired of getting upsold. The food is decent and as expected from this chain, but the service was overbearing & almost bullying!Special Features:
- Always FunwinehoDined on 4/26/2014We planned dinner here specifically because it's such a kid friendly and reliable spot. Food is on target and service was great. We had a 5:00 reservation and due to timing had to change it to 4:00 late lunch/early dinner. Restaurant was already packed but accommodated us with a great attitude. We not only had lots for dinner, but plenty for a late night snack and our daughter had leftovers for another night. When traveling with kids it's nice to have a spot they will enjoy along with the adults.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quite goodrosariotDined on 4/23/2014The place is not the best for an Italian meal but it is a nice place to eat
- Over priced for what you getGFdinerDined on 4/20/2014Food was just okay (taste). Kids meals were mostly a bowl of pasta with very little else. Adult veal Marsala was chewy, not big enough for 2, and over priced. The vegetable sides were also small and over priced. Desserts are large but nothing that is Gluten free. The service was really slow. Not sure if that was just our waiter who may have newer.
- Quality control no longer evidentluvBucaDined on 4/20/2014We waited for 45 minutes for our salad and two entrees - linguini with clams in a white sauce and prosciutto stuffed chicken parmigiana. The food was cold even though the plates were hot. The dishes were bland and tasteless lacking the proper spices. When we complained to the Manager he said the kitchen was having problems with the ingredients and comped our entrees. We were not alone in complaining. The couple behind us complained about the slowness of the kitchen and another group next to us was getting ready to walk out since they also had not been served their food. Keep in mind the restaurant was virtually empty with three couples in a very large room. There is simply no excuse for the lack of quality control in the kitchen.Special Features:
- A+OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/18/2014Great food, great service and overall great experience!!! The kids had a great time and my parents enjoyed their first experience there. Our server Antoine was attentive to our needs and went above and beyond. Great choice for large groups. The noise level is extremely loud on weekends so if you're looking for a quiet place this would not be it, the noise adds to it's charm though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bring an appetiteDochooleyDined on 4/16/2014This was our family's second time dining here, visiting from out of town. And I am sure we will return. The food is excellent and the service is very attentive. The meals are family style, meant to be shared. So be prepared to restrict the number of menu items you can try, eat a ridiculous amount, or take a lot home. But it's still possible to do all three.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Bucca Di BeppoOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/16/2014One of my all time favorite italian resturaunts food was great but service was horrible and the noise level was too high i didnt felt comfortable eating or couldnt talk or have a conversation with any people at my table i can understand they are having a birthday party but at least put us in a room that was decent for us to have a nice evening to relax to. Not a great place for lonely couplesSpecial Features:
- Can I Just stare at the Photos?!LisaDined on 4/13/2014When first walking in, the staff gave me a tour of the restaurant including the kitchen. Awesome! There are 3 thousand treasured photos to look at. Amazing. Put those phones away, no Googgl'ng, just try to remember people, places and things and you will enjoy the conversation. A fantastic experience. And Dean Martin singing in the background.......!Special Features:
- Classic family-style ItalianDanManVIPDined on 4/5/2014Dined at the DC Buca di Beppo April 5. Despite two busloads of people preceding us in being seated the experience was enjoyable it's a bit noisy but it's a classic family-style Italian experience and the food is Surprisingly good for such a big operation. Good for large groups and when you don't mind having a boisterous crowded family atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian "Chain" restaurantMrEdkilledmyzDined on 4/4/2014I have always loved Buca, when you walk in it feels like you are walking into your family's house and they welcome you with open arms. The Family style portions add to the welcoming feel and the food is excellent. IMHO Buca is the BEST Italian "chain" restaurant around. Better than Olive Garden, Carrabbas, Macaroni Grill, That's Amore, the entire lot of them! I made a reservation about a half hour before we arrived and when we got there 2 busloads of tourists had just shown up and were walking in, it didn't matter, we were seated almost right away. Great service, great food, great time!Special Features:
- Great but Slightly Pricey ItalianMissToniDined on 3/31/2014Loved this spot. Nothing bad to say about the service or the food. Both were excellent. The menu selection was fabulous. I thought the prices were a little on the high side but not exorbitantly so. You absolutely paid for what you got though. I would for sure go back there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere!AngieDined on 3/31/2014Buca di Beppo was a great pick for our group after a long day of conference sessions. It was a good place for us to unwind and it was within walking distance from the Washington Hilton. Good food; great atmosphere. I liked that we were able to make reservations through the Open table app.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday BashLarryDined on 3/27/2014Sat at the Pope's table with a group of 18 for a birthday celebration. Had a fantastic time. The group in the room next to us was way too loud; I'm glad they left after a short while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great fun and good food!IrishTravelerDined on 3/25/2014Went to the restaurant with a group from work and it was a great experience. The food is served family style so we each had a blast trying the various dishes. We also struck up conversation with some individuals at an adjacent table that added to the fun. I would most certainly recommend this restaurant for a group!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful EveningBarbsterDined on 3/24/2014I so enjoyed an evening out with friends. I loved the family style dining and generous portions. It's not eating at home, but pretty close to it. And the dessert sunday...wow...HUGE!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian chain foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/23/2014The staff were courteous but the food was mediocre at best for Italian food. Carmine's delivers better italian food. Ok for school bus loads of kids, which about 3 bus loads piled in while we were there. My daughter commented she stopped there in her last high school trip.
- Food was great and a lot ofOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/21/2014Food was great and a lot of it had to take doggy bags. Price were a little high. Could not use the the 4 for 4 for $40 coupon that brought me there -too limited . So you may lose business with some customers who feel the coupon doesnt work.Special Features:
- Great for big groupsJIllDined on 3/14/2014This is a wonderful place for a big group of people to get together to celebrate a special event. If you are after a quiet romantic evening, then this is not the place for you. It did quieten down around 10. A lot of fun, a great vibe, lots of noise, laughter, singing and the staff really got into it. Really huge portions so plenty to share around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun DinnerGroupieDined on 3/14/2014Dinner portions are huge, even for 2 people. Loved the baked ziti and eggplant parm! Dessert was delicious as was the white sangria!Special Features:
- First time!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/10/2014Even got a tour of the kitchen which was quite clean!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent in all waysmichDined on 3/8/2014This was such a wonderful experience with great food good company that we went back to the restaurant twice during our stay. We come to this restaurant every time we are in Washing D.C. and half a great time. The Manager and the staff where wonderful, thoughtful and very accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Family Restaurant3boysMamanDadDined on 3/8/2014I made reservations ahead because that's what we do with 3 under 5 years old. It makes things run smoothly. We loved the restaurant.We had the mini meatballs for our appetizer. They were delicious. We also got the kids Mac n cheese and kids spaghetti and meatballs. Those were also tasty and tasted fresh and not boxed or frozen. We he the chicken with prosciutto and linguine... It was delicious! My spouse and I shared it. It was enough to take leftovers home. Our waiter was attentive, polite, informed and fast! Our food got to us in a timely manner and piping hot like it should be. It was overall a wonderful experience from a high end chain restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The trouble with this placeJaywestVIPDined on 3/5/2014The trouble with this place is the service. The food is OK, but very inconsistent. No one there has a command of the English language any more and become annoyed when you ask then to repeat something because you didn't understand them. The tour and explanation at the beginning of dinner was totally lost on us this time, as the young lady, who was very nice, barely spoke English and was inaudible.
- Birthday celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/21/2014It was a great dining experience as always. Great place to celebrate my daughter's birthday! Thanks again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Odd layoutLisaDined on 2/18/2014We ad to walk through the kitchen to get to our seats The restaurant was very warm Service and food were goodSpecial Features:
- Little Italy in DC!Willow1Dined on 2/16/2014The atmosphere is great. The server was good. A little slow at the bar. The food was absolutely delicious! The marinara sauce was old world style. We loved it!Special Features:
- so much funluv2eatbreadDined on 2/15/2014great food especially for groups. pretty cheap and we all had leftovers. except we ate so much bread our waitress started avoiding us. but good overall!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ScrumptiousPorky1Dined on 2/15/2014Excellent food and superb customer service . The overall Experience was lovely .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.