Old Port Sea Grill
93 Commercial St.
Portland, ME 04101Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Old Port Sea Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.oldportseagrill.com/
- Phone: 2078796100
- Hours of Operation:
Daily beginning at 11:30
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Executive Chef: David Connolly
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Off premise catering for lunch and dinner parties is available. Please call us at 207.879.6100 to discuss how we may serve you.
- Private Party Facilities: Our open, modern space provides many private dining options whether it be a corporate or social/family affair. Our lounge area can accommodate up to 60 guests for a cocktail party, while our dining room can accommodate up to 75 guests for a seated lunch or dinner. Reserving the entire restaurant will provide space for a cocktail party of approximately 150.
- Private Party Contact: Nathan Mohney 2078796100
A word from Old Port Sea Grill
The Old Port Sea Grill, located in the heart of the Old Port, serves the freshest seafood prepared simply so that you can taste the flavor and quality of the product. We offer the largest selection of oysters on the half shell in town, with varieties from across New England and Canada, providing you with a unique experience here in Portland. Of course, we always offer a traditional steamed Maine lobster and one of the best lobster rolls in Portland. Take in the city streets from our picture windows while relaxing with friends, entertaining business associates or watching our flat screen TVs. We have sixty four seats in our dining room and over fifty in our bar and lounge area, featuring our custom-built marble and concrete bar, allowing plenty of room for larger parties and gatherings in either area. We always feaure local micro brews on tap and have a specialty cocktail menu that changes seasonally. Be sure to check out our 500 gallon aquarium, one of the largest in the area.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Old Port Sea Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
51 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (14)good for groups (14)neighborhood gem (9)special occasion (9)scenic view (8)great for lunch (8)vibrant bar scene (7)kid-friendly (6)notable wine list (5)romantic (5)hot spot (4)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Each course was delicious;OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/31/2010Each course was delicious; each person in our group was both very satisfied with their selection and happy to steal tastes shamelessly off other plates. After dividing her dessert (the Chocolate Toffee Marquise) into smaller and smaller bites to prolong the joy, one diner said she had never wanted to live in a restaurant before, but she would be happy never leaving Old Port Sea Grill. We almost had to wave a plate of the panko-crusted tuna appetizer in front of her to get her out of the door. Along with the tuna and the Marquise, the local hake and the elderflower Bellini were table favorites. Service was warm and efficient but not obtrusive--ideal for the relaxing setting.Special Features:
- Would go back again. Was visitingVermontersDined on 5/29/2010Would go back again. Was visiting Portland and wanted fresh seafood. Good location in Old Port. Food prepared and served well. Was a bit bothered that several menu selections were not available even though we were eating at 7:30.
- The freshest raw bar and outstandinOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/28/2010The freshest raw bar and outstanding oysters, clams and shrimp.Special Features:
- Excellent food, great service,OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/12/2010Excellent food, great service, perfectly paced meal.Special Features:
- The restaurant had a limitedOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/9/2010The restaurant had a limited menu for Mother's day, which was dissappointing. Overall, good, not memorable.
- Old Port Sea Grill was delightful.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/24/2010Old Port Sea Grill was delightful. We made reservations on line and received an immediate confirmation. We met friends from out-of-state there and were never rushed. We wanted a lighter meal and our waitress was very knowledgable about portion sizes of salads and appitizers which made a delightful meal with a wonderful dessart. It has been only two days since we were there and we have already recommended it to our local friends. You can be assured we will be back. We have enjoyed the Falmouth Sea Grill for many years.Special Features:
- Enjoyable experience. AmpleOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/3/2010Enjoyable experience. Ample menu selections. Everyone in our party of six enjoyed their meal. Service was impeccable.Special Features:
- We had a very meal at theMaineMom2Dined on 3/27/2010We had a very meal at the Old Port Sea Grill on Saturday, March 27th. My husband and I have eaten there a number of times and have always enjoyed it. We started with a bottle of MacMurray Pinot Noir which was excellent. Our server brought the house salads a little too quickly to the table, and we asked if he could slow the pace down. We were disappointed when he said the kitchen had already started preparing our fish. Fortunately for us, my husband's haddock was mistakenly delivered to a nearby table. When the gentleman informed the server he ordered salmon, they gave him mine. Our server informed us of the mistake, and we got a nice break between courses.
- This was a wonderful eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/26/2010This was a wonderful evening - the food was excellent, the service was great - we were seated as soon as we arrived - the room fills up - the voices seem to echo up into tthe high ceilings. It certaintly notstop us from eating there again as the food was fantastic.
- Ambiance was a little sterileSteveDined on 3/25/2010Ambiance was a little sterile and atmosphere noisy (especially gentleman at table next to us) but food was very good on the whole. Only negative with food was rice which was tasteless; best was creme brulee which was huge and perfectly crusted. My wife loved the oysters and the fish (swordfish for me and trout for her) were prepared just right.Special Features:
- The lobster was chewy andOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/24/2010The lobster was chewy and bland. I have been travling to Maine bimonthly for the past 3 years and this was bt far the worst representation of what Maine has to offer. I would not return.
- Very nice menu with all ourBirgsVIPDined on 3/20/2010Very nice menu with all our favorite fish dishes offered.Special Features:
- Service was not happy withOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/6/2010Service was not happy with our appetizer meal orders. Cranky server.Special Features:
- This made for a great nightOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/13/2010This made for a great night out. My wife and I really enjoyed the food, service, and overall experience.Special Features:
- Our waiter was attentive andEasternVisitorDined on 2/13/2010Our waiter was attentive and personable without being intrusive. Not only were our fish and seafood dishes cooked to excellence, the side dishes were interesting and very good. All four of us gave this restaurant high marks.Special Features:
- Food was excellent but theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/27/2010Food was excellent but the restaurant was VERY loud. We could not hear each other talk. Would not recommend dining there if you want to talk with your guests.Special Features:
- Everything was perfect- theOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/22/2010Everything was perfect- the calamari , his salmon AND my scampi. Can't wait to go again!!!Special Features:
- Delicious new years experience!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/31/2009Delicious new years experience!! Great service from bar to table!Special Features:
- this is was our second visitBirthdayVIPDined on 12/11/2009this is was our second visit in 3 months...food nad service were consistent...the wood burning grill makes everything from fish to poultry taste deliciously. Parking can be a problem on busy nights but there is a garage one block away (for the ferry).Special Features:
- Food was outstanding, serviceCorndogdadDined on 11/28/2009Food was outstanding, service was great, It was a bit noisy and a little pricy. I guess you could say it was kid freindly but I wish it wasn't. Don't understant people that bring babies and young children to a upscale resturant on a Friday or Saturday night. Don't like paying over $100 for dinner and having to listen to a kid crying. Would like to find one reasturant with a rule, "No children under 7 after 7".Special Features:
- Terrific seafood and greatOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/20/2009Terrific seafood and great service, but the noise level was hard to take. The Friday night bar scene is all-too-present in the dining room.Special Features:
- Food was great and pricedSoPoDinerDined on 11/14/2009Food was great and priced well, but the service was a little cold. Efficient, but not very friendly. I would eat here again.
- Food was excellent in a townFood4AllDined on 11/6/2009Food was excellent in a town where you really can't go wrong. Also, friendly and efficient staff.Special Features: